Freedom's Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New lands appear. New alliances are made. Darkness once more threatens the world.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Seeking the Beta, my Father!!

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Erosaf

Erosaf

Cash On Hand : 3216

Seeking the Beta, my Father!!  Empty
PostSubject: Seeking the Beta, my Father!!    Seeking the Beta, my Father!!  EmptyMon Mar 25 2013, 20:03

Was she going in the right direction? The light sabino strawberry roan mare was not so sure at all. She had run into someone, whose name she knew not, who had said Balin lived somewhere within Ciera, and that this was Ciera.

Something she did notice though was that she seemed to struggle with climbing over some of the trees that had fallen in the storm. One she got stuck on, but kicking at it with her hind legs, Sendoa managed to get over it once more. She snorted, feeling quite tired. Why did she have to be so small?

She struggled on though, though she did fall down on a steep slope, and rolled all the way down the hill. She gave a little neigh of fright hoping that someone would hear her.
Back to top Go down
http://www.nuban-aworldofchaos.proboards.com
.:Phantom:.

Cash On Hand : 1479

PostSubject: Re: Seeking the Beta, my Father!!    Seeking the Beta, my Father!!  EmptyMon Mar 25 2013, 21:44

Something about the mountain-streams that trickled down the rocks into the oasis at the base of the range was unique from all other places. Wild and lavish were the bright green grasses that formed around his lank, long pillars. No sound resonated throughout the relatively quiet terrain but the whistling of birds and the low grunts from the wildlife that bounded throughout the forest-like area.

It was hot. The sun beat down like the earth was on fire, and the only relief came in a dark, dank cave atop the highest peak of the land. Shimmering crystals appealed to the senses, as his bright brown orbs scanned the range. A slight sound caught his hearing as he stood there, but he quickly dismissed it. A few moments later, he heard an unfamiliar neigh in the distance and knew that there was someone here. Probably a visitor for the king, but he felt that he should make sure anyways. There was never anyone that visited him, as his brothers knew not of Ciera...and his parents were dead.

As he emerged, the sun shone brightly upon his pelt, making him long the water at the base of the mountain. Muscular was his ivory splashed form, strong from his days of climbing up and down the mountains, in winding paths spiraling to the top. He made his way down, finally seeing the culprit of the small noise.

Why, it was a tiny fae, coming to see the sights of Ciera, probably. "Hello there, miss. I am Balin. Is there any way that I can assist you?" he asked, keen to the fact that they had very similar markings. She looked almost like himself - same build, except much smaller and of a much lighter hue. He almost wondered if she was but a child.
Back to top Go down
Erosaf

Erosaf

PostSubject: Re: Seeking the Beta, my Father!!    Seeking the Beta, my Father!!  EmptyMon Mar 25 2013, 22:07

The young blue eyes widened as a huge stallion came into sight, and her mouth fell open at the words that came from him, though she was quick to close it. She struggled back to her feet, only to have to lift one back hoof off the ground. It seemed she had pulled a muscle in the tumble. Not surprising, she’d rolled over rocks and a lot more during it.

It was him! Her own father! She stared up at him in some surprise, looking up at the face that her mother had told her about before she had sent her on her way. “I... think you might know my mother,” she said. “Do you remember anyone by the name of Marked Faith?”
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Seeking the Beta, my Father!!    Seeking the Beta, my Father!!  EmptyTue Mar 26 2013, 10:31

Afraid and uncertain were the bright blue orbs he gazed into hesitantly, wondering for a moment if she was lost or abandoned. Light roan was her pelt, sprinkled with ivory marks against her underside like he had. There was less meat on her bones than on his; evidently, she had been traveling for quite a while to get here. Here...why here? This was a quiet, neutral terrain for the most part, and it had been ages before the current king settled when there was violence. And the stories of violence in the gorgeous lands had been horrifying - the wolves and children lost due to the fights that arose...unthinkable.

"Your mother?" he asked, as she suggested that he might know her mother. Certainly, Balin had never met anyone with her coloration or of her size, so perhaps she was mistaken. Either way, he would still continue to help her find the peace she sought. "Marked Faith?" he asked, nearly gasping as he said the words. Of course he knew Marked Faith....after they met in the Glade, she had wanted to come home with him and be in his herd.

Nodding quickly, he confirmed her belief. "Yes, I know her. She was supposed to meet me back here after having our child...you...I suppose that would be. But she never came back. I really cared about her, you know...but I figured she found someone else," he said, slightly saddened at remembering losing her. He had pushed those thoughts out of his mind for a couple years now, and now, they were all flooding back to haunt him. She had promised to meet him, and they had even had a small conversation by the river of love a couple months after they met. She had confirmed she would be in Ciera once she had her child...but she never returned.
Back to top Go down
Erosaf

Erosaf

PostSubject: Re: Seeking the Beta, my Father!!    Seeking the Beta, my Father!!  EmptyTue Mar 26 2013, 12:15

"Then I am quiet sorry to have to tell you this then, but a few days after I was born and we were on our way here, as she had promised, we were attacked by a pack of wolves. She told me to run, to get here where my father was, a place that I would be safe. I haven’t seen her since that day.”

The little filly looked at the ground. She did feel bad for having to tell him, but she knew it was best she got that one over with. She knew he would not like to hear that Marked Faith had likely died, but at least he had her.

But would her father even want to know her? Surely he would wonder why she was so small. “That was almost a year ago now,” she added.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Seeking the Beta, my Father!!    Seeking the Beta, my Father!!  EmptyThu Mar 28 2013, 11:04

Death was inevitable, and even living in the most beautiful of grassy, lush mountainous regions did not rid oneself of the burden of death. One day, he would see the dearest king fall to his knees in submission to the world - and he would beg him to stay and govern. But he would not, for he knew when the king died, he would be close behind. But why contemplate death now? The both of them were young and prosperous as leaders and allies...why spoil such a moment with his own daughter.

"It saddens me that she is not here with you and me. She was not weak, you know. Faith was older and strong in her day - a hellion I believe she was. Or at least part. I can't believe the wolves took her. You know they took the last queen's mare child as well? Kyra was the mare's name, and I hold as much a hate for wolves as her..." he said, flicking his tail as he thought of the new rule coming into place soon to ban all wolves from Ciera. It was strictly a horse's terrain, and there didn't need to be hunters about to disturb the wildlife. Bears and coyotes did that just fine by themselves.

Balin nodded, knowing how much time had passed. "I must ask, why are you so small for a yearling?" he asked, in the least offensive way possible. He was so glad his child was here and didn't want her to leave...but would let her if she wanted. Most certainly, though, he didn't not want to seem insulting to her.
Back to top Go down
Erosaf

Erosaf

PostSubject: Re: Seeking the Beta, my Father!!    Seeking the Beta, my Father!!  EmptyThu Mar 28 2013, 18:45

“No I did not know that,” she replied, shaking her head. She knew the wolves were fierce but still. “One of them did show me the way here,” she said, looking up at him. She sighed as she looked up at him.

“As for my size.. well, no one really understands why I am so small in comparison to you and my mother,” she replied. It was an issue for her that would never go away. “Believe me, I wish I was bigger.” Would not be tripping and getting caught on things all the time if she was.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Seeking the Beta, my Father!!    Seeking the Beta, my Father!!  EmptySat Mar 30 2013, 16:30

None a one of those killers would rest until they had taken down the bonny, dear mountainous region, he knew. There was not a single wolf he trusted, not even the ones who had been supposedly kind. After all that had been done wrong to him by those ferocious predators, he felt that he could never muster another word towards them. Good willing or to wish them death, though he did easily in his heart. Snorting, he knew that the topic was getting to him - the death of his beloved Faith.

"I do not trust them. Even the ones that claim to be good have ulterior motives. We must not trust them," he said easily. Balin was a kind and generous stag, but he was cautious of others that had harmed his acquaintances and allies. Zues was still present in the terrain, and he knew that the massive stag would back him up as any would. They were such good friends, and Balin could not imagine how it felt to see his small child ripped apart by wolves. And then later...Kyra - killed by a wolf in the battle of her life. Zues had finally convinced both sabino stags in first and second-command to rid them from the land, with any force necessary. Luckily, though, there were none here.

With a sigh, he decided it was best to stray from such a sensitive topic. "It is not a bad thing to be so small. There are advantages to every difference, my child. For example, you can hide in places that I cannot. And you will not be noticed in a crowd as easily as a full sized horse," he said, hinting to how she may not be an excellent fighter like she wanted to be. But she could be the best escape artist.
Back to top Go down
Erosaf

Erosaf

PostSubject: Re: Seeking the Beta, my Father!!    Seeking the Beta, my Father!!  EmptySun Mar 31 2013, 13:17

She neighed. "Yes, but keeping up with the herd and that sort of thing will be impossible," she replied. She was not fast, nor strong, far too delicate for galloping over rough terrain such as this. And it was something she was starting not to like.

"And though I might know that you know the wolves better than I, I just can't see any cruelty in the one who helped me find my way here."

She was saddened somewhat that good freind like that wolf would never be allowed to come here to say hello from time to time, ebcause of past occurances that were beyond either of their control.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Seeking the Beta, my Father!!    Seeking the Beta, my Father!!  EmptySun Mar 31 2013, 15:03

For some reason, the bright-copper stag worried not of the capabilities of the young vixen to travel with the herd. After all, once you made the climb, the scenery was beautiful - this was not the average mountainous region. It was like a paradise upon the highest peaks of the world. "Up here, it's all flat lands. Just stay in the meadows for grazing, and you will not struggle. We have young foals here too - the king's two young children. For that reason, we do not move quickly," he said easily, glancing over to the two grazing. Hued deep-night sky was the colt, a deep shade of blue against the trees. A horn sprouted from his skull as well. He was the heir - anyone could tell.

Vasilias came trotting up easily, his skull held high as if he knew of his future even though he did not know yet. "Hello, Balin. Who is this?" the young colt asked kindly. He was almost a year old, and he already almost was as tall as Balin. It was obvious he had inherited his father's height and handsome features. A horn jutted from his skull, so it was clear he was also partially a unicorn.

Balin looked to them both. "Alias, this is my child, Sendoa...and Sendoa, this is Alias, the king's heir," he said. "As for your wolf friend, what is their name? There can be some good in a species after all, I suppose.." he asked tentatively, not knowing if he would allow the wolf here or not. If the king agreed to it, maybe just that one wolf could be permitted...but surely not others.
Back to top Go down
Erosaf

Erosaf

PostSubject: Re: Seeking the Beta, my Father!!    Seeking the Beta, my Father!!  EmptySun Mar 31 2013, 15:47

As another larger horse came over to them, she cringed. Everyone was so much bigger than her. It really sucked being this small. “Umm.. hi..” she said. She had to lift her head right up to look at this one as well. She sighed. This was going to be such a pain for her to have to deal with all the time.

She paused at her father’s words though, thinking back. “She said her name was Ooana, and that she is the eldest daughter of Luikawa and Trigiadea.”
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Seeking the Beta, my Father!!    Seeking the Beta, my Father!!  Empty

Back to top Go down

Seeking the Beta, my Father!!
Page 1 of 1