Freedom's Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New lands appear. New alliances are made. Darkness once more threatens the world.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Darkness Beware of the Light (Open Force)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
otho

Cash On Hand : 509

Darkness Beware of the Light (Open Force) Empty
PostSubject: Darkness Beware of the Light (Open Force)   Darkness Beware of the Light (Open Force) EmptySun Oct 30 2011, 21:28

Bás an olc

I flicked my black ears forward, anticipating a few scuffles before I met the right stallion. The fact that I was here at all was something I wasn't too happy about, but I hadn't had any sleep for three nights due to the pressure from fire and earth in my mind. Those two were impatient at times, and always determined. I rarely discussed anything with them for that reason. We argued too much for our conversations to be enjoyable. They were the driving forces, and beside them, water and air tempered their words/ Forever in limbo, these four, among others, were stuck in a sort of limbo. At one point, they had been deities, and had often fought both amongst themselves and against foes such as the ones these lands were facing now. However, eventually they were destroyed, and remnants of their power scattered over the earth. There, creatures such as unicorns and hellions discovered them and gained something of the power left behind.

I wasn't powerful in that way though... Instead I had to listen to the lot of them bicker over what I should do, day and night. Fun, right? And now they'd got me here, and they wouldn't stop until I'd been matched up with some stallion... Just perfect...

Sighing, I whinnied, my black face pointed upwards a bit as I did so. I knew it wouldn't be long now... After all, who would resist the call of a young, pretty fae?

Now all I could do was wait, my grey flanks shining in the summer sun, white lower legs moving slightly as I pranced a bit, my ivory mane and tail flashing brightly in the light of the sun, reflecting it back in a blinding sheet of pure snow bright, shimmering light of its own.
Back to top Go down
.:Phantom:.

Cash On Hand : 1479

PostSubject: Re: Darkness Beware of the Light (Open Force)   Darkness Beware of the Light (Open Force) EmptyThu Nov 03 2011, 17:32

The embroidered clothes of terrain that heavenly starlight dashed across had yielded nothing, and that nothingness in itself was the reasoning behind why the strands of silver and ivory brushed the ground with each nearing stride. Nothingness in itself brought on an objective nature to life - no feeling to add bias to one's thoughts. Misery hung from the gallows of his once ambitious....even joyful, in a sense heart. Happiness? The lingering question still presented no answer to his mind - was he ever truly happy?

Perhaps, the reasoning behind why the dancing shades of night and of day passed by woodlands...through herds and through the terrain where the river rushed so rapidly over all the fears and hostility of life. In a sudden moment, a wave of chill ran through the wide bodice, gentle crystalline orbs flicking to the left, to the right with certain instability. There was a pull here, of the mental and supernatural sort - the kind of intellectual feeling that one received when looking at a great leader. All concentration on whatever he was thinking before was penetrated, and the thick pillars moved more quickly as if he was in a trace, occupied with finding what exactly was so strong here.

Earth was a nocturnal silence for a moment, the silver-light blazing down upon them in dim illumination, casting out the fearful shadows of their once pure souls. Once, he may have thought that pieces of dirt were found lurking around the murky waters, but when depression consumes your entirety, why not sink down to the level of the ones who made you who you were, even if it was only for a day - or a minute - or a moment? A place to clear the mind, a place to center your energy on what truly mattered. Apprehension gathered at his chest for a moment, breaths coming out in small huffs as winter took his grip. A long, feathery whipcord twitched a bit as he walked, almost surprised to feel the annoyance of flies and mosquitoes at his wide haunches.

Light orbs felt the pull of intellectual energy coming from a small clearing behind a small grouping of now brittle, dried up trees. For a moment, his pink nosed dipped to take within a bit of the nourishing liquid, the life of them all - but he continued his walk, his search promptly after.

Then it hit him. One glance was all it took, and he found himself having to draw in a sudden breath...slowly, subtly. Perhaps, it was the way the moonlight was hitting her that made his heart pound with the ferocity of a million beating drums. Immortal? That was what she looked, not a sign of imperfection upon her bodice. Chance felt horrible for a second of admiring her gorgeousness, for what if her personality was not the same? There were kind ones with the power of the mind and those who used it for evil. "Hello," the words came out more easily than he had expected. "I am Chance de Vallon...and I am not a forcer. I felt you here, the pull of your mind from many miles away. It is a feeling I have hardly experienced before," he said, hoping she wouldn't find him completely insane.
Back to top Go down
otho

PostSubject: Re: Darkness Beware of the Light (Open Force)   Darkness Beware of the Light (Open Force) EmptyThu Nov 03 2011, 22:00

Bás an olc

I turned slightly, considering him a moment before making my reply. "Don't worry, insanity isn't one of the challenges you face," I said quietly, my grey eyes taking him in as I spoke. Gentle eyes held my gaze, and I smiled slightly. Chance seemed a strange stallion to me, for at first glance he appeared strong, his wide chest and legs obviously built for strength. Yet there was something entirely different in his eyes, and the feather-light thoughts behind the barrier of his mind were those of one who had lost something precious, but was yet to be beaten.

"I am Bás an olc, meaning the Death of Evil. I think, however, that evil is something your heart couldn't hold within itself, so I'm not too terribly concerned about that. However, in my travelling, I've neither seen nor heard of you, though I have been among many of these lands. Tell me, where are you from?" I said, seemingly calm.

Inside my head though, water and fire had burst out into a lively conversation, revolving around something that they'd actually managed to agree on; that being that Chance de Vallon was exactly the type of horse I was suited for. Apparently, they'd already decided that we'd make an excellent pair, and never mind any objections on the part of myself or Chance.

Would you two please pipe down a bit? I don't intend to spend time talking with anyone if you two are going to cut to the chase without giving me a chance to make my own decision. I said to them sharply, quieting them for a time.

The wind, however, was not to be so easily hushed. As soon as the other two had ceased, the airy presence voiced its own mind. I believe that this time things have been well-fated. He is in need of help in some ways, and in the position to give help in other ways. I believe you will work well with him, Bás an olc.

Duly noted, but my statement still stands. I'll not have you all jump in at any time while I'm speaking with someone. If you think he and I are suited for each other, then give me a chance to speak to him without having to keep your comments straight in my head as well.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Darkness Beware of the Light (Open Force)   Darkness Beware of the Light (Open Force) EmptyFri Nov 04 2011, 08:56

Challenges. It was a rather strange paradox, contradicting it self ten-fold, yet she was correct, the demons he faced tearing at the very fibers of his personality did not include insanity. As the gales flicked around loosened strands of tress, knowing droned in his minds, echoing off of all sides of his skull.

Never would there be escape for the monsters that held him captive and seduced him with tales of happiness and purity. When one was tortured to the brink of destruction, was there such a thing as purity? Had not the softness of their pelts diminished with the innocence?

"I felt that you knew my mind," spoke Chance, softly and quietly, not mesmerized in the slightest by her stunning beauty.

He had never been one to drool over the prettiest faes - they all were equal to one another in his eyes, only differentiated by the capacity of kindness they could hold in their hearts. No pressures of doubt sank in his mind that she was the most stunning of them all - not even the starlight that shone overhead was in comparison to her. Nothing in the universe that god himself created could compare, but she probably already knew this herself. She knew him already.

Where was he from? Why, he was from everywhere, far and wide....there wasn't a place that he hadn't been. "I am a wanderer. I call not the rocky shores my home nor the scorching heat of the desert...or even the shady tree lines of rigid mountains or of flat land filled with pine. I am part of them all and part of none of them. It only depends...depends on what she wanted," finished Chance, blue orbs filled with a slight thoughtfulness. Would she understand him? Of course she was, for she seemed like the type to understand all forms of life.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Darkness Beware of the Light (Open Force)   Darkness Beware of the Light (Open Force) EmptySat Jan 14 2012, 11:58

bump?
Back to top Go down
otho

PostSubject: Re: Darkness Beware of the Light (Open Force)   Darkness Beware of the Light (Open Force) EmptySat Jan 14 2012, 13:19

(Sorry Phantom!)

Bás an olc

I nodded a bit, not surprised that he'd felt the brush of my conscience. "I have the ability to see others' minds, even those who are dead, and those who are but shadows." my grey eyes swept over him, wondering for a moment whether or not he would understand what I meant. Most, after all, didn't know what half the things I said meant. The only ones who had were far older than me, and each had some sort of power of their own.

"I have wandered as well, though I often go back to Ciera." I said, noting on the surface of his thoughts a quick flash of memory, a fae that was mother of many, one who was cruel and terrifying. I was tempted to nod in understanding of his mention of her. I didn't though, and instead stepped closer to Chance, my black mask softening as I smiled slightly.

"Well, where do you want to go?" I asked instead, respecting the fact that most horses wouldn't appreciate me moseying through their minds for answers, despite any curiosity on my own part.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Darkness Beware of the Light (Open Force)   Darkness Beware of the Light (Open Force) EmptyThu Feb 16 2012, 13:32

How odd it was, how they were speaking in a colloquial fashion in such a dreaded terrain of furrows that led to the collusion of new life arising. Attentive was he, his mind prying for answers, craving for knowledge. It mattered not whether it was a simple word of mouth or words said by a great leader - all furtive knowledge was food for his soul. "I have never heard of a creature that had such gifts. You must be very wise," he concluded, understanding in a sense that she was a link between the worlds of death and life. A link between the things that were tangible to them and the things that they knew were there but could not see with their eyes, only their hearts.

Of course, over time minds vindicated death, and all that was left was the vague twinge of pain where there was once an ocean. Once, he had been an insurgent, rebelling with force away from the voices of darkness as she compelled him to leave himself. The drivel spoken to him over the years had been futile in changing who he was born as, for sometimes, new light was shed with the youth of a growing heart. Nothing had ever made sense, for he had found her words to be lies, only meant to threaten his being, his entirety as a creature, himself.

Memories of traveling through the mountains flashed throughout his mind as she mentioned the peaceful, rocky terrain that he had once or twice passed through. More than a passing glace, he had not given, though even though it was quite pretty there. All places were quite beautiful after all, and they often forgot to appreciate something for what it was.

Muscles constricted a bit, heart pounding a bit faster as the alabaster fae took a step in his direction. Her smile melted his heart, as he stifled his shoulder from twitching nervously under her wise, beautiful gaze. Icy blue orbs shone into hers, livid with intelligence and well intended lightness. The ebony around her features glowed under the steady heat of the sun, cascading shimmering rays upon the two of them as the conversed in the most dangerous place on earth. It was not a worry for her to do anything wrong around him, for he had already deemed her perfect beyond comparison to himself.

"Why.." he paused slightly, confusion washing over his features. "I don't believe I've ever been asked that before," he said with a slight chuckle, preparing to answer. "If I had to choose some place it stay, it would probably be a place less traveled, for I do not like crowds and try to avoid too much conflict. So I would have to say that either the new land....Timeless Sands or Eternal Paradise would best suit me," he said, nodding his skull slightly as he finished his choice.
Back to top Go down
otho

PostSubject: Re: Darkness Beware of the Light (Open Force)   Darkness Beware of the Light (Open Force) EmptySun Jan 13 2013, 20:52

Bás an olc

I sighed slightly as he spoke of my gift. Although it was useful beyond compare, I had lost my childhood before it even began... Evil and good alike were powerful forces that raged inside my mind, every day, every night. Even with the ability to shut them out, sometimes, they over-powered my defenses and brought me to my knees with a flood of thought.

"No," I said, my voice quiet. "No one that I know of has such a gift as mine. Nor would I ever wish it upon any being." Every death, every love lost, every single being that died clamored for their unfulfilled desires to be answered. How could I wish my burden upon another? Of course, it was a powerful gift as well; giving me the knowledge of many hundreds of beings, but was the power worth the price?

At his answer to my question though, I laughed, a light, tinkling sound. He was so thoughtfully innocent, and I loved it. Not many would have spoken as he had, and it was like a cool stream in the desert of my mind, feeding my hungry head that had never known the quiet calm of a single voice, in perfect harmony with my own thought. "Perhaps we should go to those lands then, and see what is there to be found." I suggested, my grey eyes hopeful.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Darkness Beware of the Light (Open Force)   Darkness Beware of the Light (Open Force) EmptySat Jan 26 2013, 13:36

Easy were the drifting of words and phrases that wrapped in tendrils around his heart as the silence gathered around them like looming darkness. As she thought, thought provoked him and the things that he hoped for floated closer into grasp as if they were a dream while he was in slumber. Just the thought of being all-knowing brought him to understand her ways, to know her sorrow. To be in touch with sorrow was truly an overwhelming task, for to know sorrow, you had to feel it yourself from time to time.

For a brief moment, the stag didn't speak but listened to the words of the wise. "Even in mortality of thought, I sometimes feel burdened with the past. Yours is unimaginable, while mine is just a blemish on the earth," he said quietly. It wasn't possible to think of what would happen if the power of thought had been given by the gods to one who was undeserving - one who craved power and lusted the blood of his foes. Every moment, there were those who lived in harmony and those who carried the weight of all the happiness on their shoulders. There was no even distribution when it came to contentedness. It was nice to think that it was them that caused others to live peacefully or that life would improve...

Chance nearly jumped at her laughter, for the only time he had heard laughter was when his mother brooded over him, whispering dark, harsh obscenities into his ears. Chuckling himself, his clear blue orbs focused to her, wondering when they would truly leave this terrain. It was hardly his favorite environment to glance about, so perhaps, discovery was ahead of them as they spoke.

"There is much to be found," he stated, showing his agreement that they should take their leave and travel as two to a place of abundance of life. "Which would you prefer? Drifting waters against risen banks or glistening ponds coated with starlight under the trees?" he asked, longing for canopy of clouds to loom over them instead of mist to where the vision was hindered. A safe abode that they could call a word he hadn't dared to mention before the master of his life for so many years - home. What was a home? A place where one laid their skull in the soft reeds safely when the day had ended? A certain place to escape the dangers of the outside world and grasp water in their forms and let the world teach them of all the ways of life instead of just the facts they had learned...? He knew not and was certain that he would never know.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Darkness Beware of the Light (Open Force)   Darkness Beware of the Light (Open Force) Empty

Back to top Go down

Darkness Beware of the Light (Open Force)
Page 1 of 1