Freedom's Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New lands appear. New alliances are made. Darkness once more threatens the world.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

A Clarion Call. ((Phantom))

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Erosaf

Erosaf

Cash On Hand : 3216

A Clarion Call. ((Phantom)) Empty
PostSubject: A Clarion Call. ((Phantom))   A Clarion Call. ((Phantom)) EmptySat Jan 05 2013, 14:04

Young was the beauty who raced towards the river flats of Alaknanda. She laughed as she dodged over a few fallen trees and wove between the snow gums so familiar from home. The man had come back with his black horse and she was determined to lose him once more before she reached the river. How she loved teasing him!

She managed it eventually and smiled as she slipped into the river and walked through the knee high water where she was. Jumping out before it got deeper, she started walking through the trees. Who would want the daughter of Bella and Kairva?

She knew the man would not have been so easily lost by the water trick. For some reason he was getting all too much more wiser these days. Not that it really mattered. She was more than happy, matching her wits against his. Some of the other wild horses stared in disbelief as she reared and called out, waiting as the man came galloping after her. She neighed and then cantered, off, checking occassionally to see if he was still on her tail.

Eventually though as he chased her through some tall reeds back towards the river, she managed to stay on the riverbanks while his horse got a surprise as he plunged over the edge into the water.

Ottilia reared and neighed in triumph, knowing that was the end of him for a good while, before galloping off.
Back to top Go down
http://www.nuban-aworldofchaos.proboards.com
Erosaf

Erosaf

PostSubject: Re: A Clarion Call. ((Phantom))   A Clarion Call. ((Phantom)) EmptySun Jan 13 2013, 21:46

_BUMP_
Back to top Go down
.:Phantom:.

Cash On Hand : 1479

PostSubject: Re: A Clarion Call. ((Phantom))   A Clarion Call. ((Phantom)) EmptySat Jan 19 2013, 01:53

Long and extended were pillars of pure muscle and sheen, rippling across the flat as daggers of granite extended across them. With each rolling stride, the earth was being devoured by a an easy canter. A well conformed skull with gray orbs tossed freely as a subtle breeze played with his flowing tassels played in the wind and soon coming rain. Dark skies covered the horizon - a tell tale sign that soon beads of rain would caress the earth and himself, making his pelt shine in the darkness with glory and honor.

With the earth below him, he galloped on enjoying the small bits of rain coming down as he continued. It reminded him of his days at the track, and with each win, his greatness grew bigger - yet greatness was not his true desire. It did not make the earth continue to turn and it did not cause them to take breaths of air. Fame was not something he desired anymore, for all it caused was problems, he had found. All it did was draw in unwanted attention, and with the grief that surrounded his land from his queen's illnesses, things could only get worse. It was time to seek out others to help him when the stars fell down.

A scent that he knew all too well struck his nose, and he quickly glanced down to his hind quarters wondering if the brand he had been stamped with long ago had healed over yet. No. It was still there, which meant that he had to be extremely careful not to be caught in such a scene. Better yet, it was best not to get involved. The ways of man were in his past, and he wished not to relive them.

Tense, he saw a mare from afar galloping towards the river - towards him and she was of the creme hue. Of the forest he thought to himself, knowing all too well the stag that seemed to produce foals like herself. Quite a stag was he, and quite a bit of respect did the chestnut hold for him. They were fellow kings and they both respected each other.

As she neared closer, he wondered if at all she spotted him - after all, perhaps it would be a good thing to speak with his allies. It had been quite a while since he had seen the creamies - ever since the great battle. Quietly, he came up to her, breaking to a gallop to catch up easily. He wanted himself to be seen.

"Hello," he said quietly, walking up to her when she had finally stopped. "I am Epimetheus, king of Inlisar Noratin. It is a pleasure to meet you," he said easily, smiling kindly to her. It was clear that he was no threat to her or her family, though there were many that wished to see them dead. Certainly, he would always stand up for their cause and reason and actually had been planning to travel to several lands to speak with the kings for a while.
Back to top Go down
Erosaf

Erosaf

PostSubject: Re: A Clarion Call. ((Phantom))   A Clarion Call. ((Phantom)) EmptySat Jan 19 2013, 02:09

She breathed deeply for a few minutes as she slowed her pace. That man would never learn would he, that trying to match wits with a wild horse was a lost endevour from the start, would he?

She shied though when someone else came up beside her though, rearing in surprise, and giving a small neigh in her startled state, as if expecting it to be the man once more. A glance to her side told her otherwise.

Ottilia studied the stallion who spoke to her, trying to figure out who he was. Eventually it clicked in her mind. "Epimethius?" His words confirmed it, and she smiled. "It is an honour to meet you, I should think. I am Ottilia, last born daughter of Bella and Kairva."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A Clarion Call. ((Phantom))   A Clarion Call. ((Phantom)) EmptySat Jan 26 2013, 20:44

It was all too enthralling having the sweet air blowing through his tassels and sweeping gently over his hulking form, doused with muscle and sunlit hues. Enlightened was his mind to the solemnness of others and to the fright that life held...and death. Only the cry of a creature, filled with solitude and lonesomeness could describe his utmost heart..and it was shattering - cracking into shards of glass and could not be stopped. In his life before this as a creature of speed, he had never been one for self-detonation, but now, it seemed like his determination to break his own heart was most inevitable.

Easily, he stood before her though, as it was not she that would crumple his soul into bitterness and sadness. It was the lass he loved dearly that would destroy him, but the child within that would make him whole and born again. Someday, someday. For many months would clouds be his only reminder of the silken pelt she had, and the soft winds would be the only reminder of her gentle touch.

Men. They were around, closer still and his nostrils flared with the scent of the disgusting creatures as he took a step back. It was obvious they were chasing her - probably for something as vain as the beautiful hue that she possessed. How a hair on her body did not seem out of place nor a flake of mud covering her pallid pillars.

Usually, Epimetheus did not speak his mind, for as good of leader he was, shyness crept into his demeanor more than it should for a great leader when it came to speaking the words that pressed against his lips. It wasn't always so easy, being a defender and protector of so many, but he hardly had any room to complain. Even though she would soon die. As solemn as he was, he would never let it come through in his stance. It was nonthreatening and easy, so that she would feel comfortable speaking with him. There was no reason to fear the massive stag, though many did due to his sheer size.

"Ah, I thought the same," he said quietly. "You resemble those of your lineage greatly. Of course, you probably know that," he chuckled to himself. "I know that they are close. Tell me, are they coming for you?" he asked, hoping that they were not being followed. "Being one of theirs for much of my life, I would do well not to go back. Especially with my track record, literally. I was a race horse," he said, looking down with his marvelous gray eyes.
Back to top Go down
Erosaf

Erosaf

PostSubject: Re: A Clarion Call. ((Phantom))   A Clarion Call. ((Phantom)) EmptySat Jan 26 2013, 21:14

Ottilia chuckled as she looked in the direction she knew the men were coming from. “Oh they know of me quite well. Ever have they troubled those of my family, but I seem to be able to evade them easily enough,” she replied. “My mother, Bella has had a run in with them... but I think that one ended for the worse for her... no one has seen her in months...”

How Bella had been caught she knew not, but she knew she had tried to lead the men away before they could capture Ottilia as a foal. “Ever since they have hunted me as well. I only managed to survive because Thowra and Juliana took me in. I was born in Snowy River Forest, and they raised me.” So far though she had been lucky indeed. “I would not like to see you get caught, Epimethius. Do you think that they would recognition you? Even now?”

Get to Thowra, Ottilia. He will look after you. I will try and get back to you if I can, those had been the last words her mother had told her that day, and even now she often thought of them. She missed her, but she knew she was better off the way she was at the moment.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A Clarion Call. ((Phantom))   A Clarion Call. ((Phantom)) EmptyMon Feb 04 2013, 14:26

For once in his life, seeing a familiar face in an unfamiliar place had not been detrimental to him, like it had been when he had been caught escaping the stables the first time. This time, the remembrance of speaking to a friend came to his mind and comforted him as he spoke to her. "Some of them are more viscous than others, Ottilia," he said quietly, taking a small step closer as if he was saying something that he didn't want anyone else to hear. There were no secrets though.

"Sometimes, they will bring darts filled with water. Except the water will make you sleep while they capture you once they shoot you with them," he shook his skull in disgust as he told of the horrid darts. "I do hope your mother is alright. Some of them are ok though, the humans," he said easily, shifting his weight about. Some of them had even been kind to him while he was at the stables. Others were downright evil, whipping him as he first set foot on the track each morning, telling him to go faster and farther each step he took. If anything, he wished that Bella had gone to a home of a family where no one would hurt her.

Epimetheus looked to the river, gray orbs ever knowing as he looked in the directions of where they lived. "Yes," he paused slightly, shoulders tense. "They would know me...and a couple other ex-racers that live here. Like Immortal Flame," he said, knowing that the darker hued stag was safer than he. Flame had not been known all that well as a racer, but the humans would surely want him back for breeding.

Back to top Go down
Erosaf

Erosaf

PostSubject: Re: A Clarion Call. ((Phantom))   A Clarion Call. ((Phantom)) EmptyMon Feb 04 2013, 18:40

Ottilia nodded her young head. What he said made sense. "Yes, I can believe some are nicer. Thowra once told me of a brumby hunt that he nearly got caught in. A little boy managed to sneak over and open one of the rails, letting all of them out. He has not seen that boy since, but I have the feeling he would have liked to."

She hoped that perhaps, since it had been many years since that the man who had her mother was that same boy. If that were the case then she would be safe and happy at least. She snorted though as she heard someone else coming towards them, and it sounded as though whoever it was was trying not to draw attention to themselves.

She turned her head and snorted in fright. Coming towards them, with a man on her back, was a tall, golden mare. The man's eyes were locked on Ottilia herself. Quickly she looked at Epimethius. "Go. I'll deal with the man. He's one of the ones who hunts my family."

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A Clarion Call. ((Phantom))   A Clarion Call. ((Phantom)) EmptyFri Feb 08 2013, 19:26

At the thought of the soft skinned creature prevailing to serve their kind with freedom, his heart lightened a bit towards the kind. A hunt: was that what the capture of horses for riding was now called? As he remembered a 'hunt' to be something that was done to their lessers for meat and pelt. "Just like us, innocence evaporates with age," he said softly, thinking of the days when he was but a mere colt. Everything revolved around the run and the chase and the win. Everything was crossing a line at a particular given time before your competition did. It was a judge of who was fittest to reproduce, just like survival was out here.

A golden fae looked straight to him as she approached upon horseback to them both. Lank and fit, he was ready for anything the man of capture would throw his way - with the wind he traveled and with the sun he shone true. As true as it was that they certainly needed to escape, he could not abandon Ottilia now. She was now bound to him in friendship...at least that, and what kind of friend would he be to leave her all alone?

"No, I must stay with you to help and protect you. I will help you stand your ground," his gray eyes said truthfully. He cared dearly about the young fae now, and he knew how difficult it was for her to face her dam. And her owner.

They were not to be possessed, for wild horses were as wild as the shimmering leaves of autumn as they descended from the trees in a flutter of hues. Brown and chestnut and golden - these were all shades of them and their minds. He, himself, believed that her personality was golden, as she was the kindest creature he had yet met in his life. How could she be so interesting to him so that his interest never failed as he admired her closely? "He shall hunt us both then," he grinned playfully, knowing that if they split up now, they may never see each other again. That would be quite detrimental for him, as he frolicked like a young colt when he was around her.
Back to top Go down
Erosaf

Erosaf

PostSubject: Re: A Clarion Call. ((Phantom))   A Clarion Call. ((Phantom)) EmptySat Feb 09 2013, 13:32

Ottilia sighed. "I know what i am doing, Epimethius," she replied. "And really, there is not much i can fear from another stupid man." She had had d far too many chase after her.

Unfortunately Bella did not give them any more time before she sprang forwards at her owner's command, leaping towards the two of them.

Ottilia snorted, and then broke into a gallop. She knew the path she would use against this one. No horse that man owned had been able to follow her for long. "Just try and stay with me then, she told Epimethius. She knew where she was going.

Soon they would see how long that palomino mare could keep up the chase. Ottiliqa had no idea that it was Bella who chased her at all. And that was going to prove problematic for her.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A Clarion Call. ((Phantom))   A Clarion Call. ((Phantom)) EmptySat Feb 09 2013, 20:44

In one fluid motion, he spun hard on the forehand and turned completely around and found himself galloping free as a bird through the forest. At this time, even though they were both in eminent danger, he felt as if he should laugh. The feeling of the breeze through his tassels reminded him too much of one aspect of track life he enjoyed thoroughly. Gray orbs flicked over to the beautiful creamy that traveled beside him. They were both as fast as the wind itself.

"Men cannot catch us, for we fly without wings," he said softly, charging forward more to challenge her for the lead playfully. Glancing back slightly, he found recognition in his mind of the golden fae that chased them, and he felt his pace slowing as he thought more and more about the predicament that they were in. Could it be...her? One of the creamies turned against their own blood..perhaps not by force, but by choice? It wasn't betrayal, for they had no choice to submit to the humans. Epi wasn't really sure what to say to Ottilia about the fae behind them possibly being her mother. Surely, it had been long since they had seen each other.

Slowing a bit, he looked to her in a mournful sort of way. "Ummm. Ottilia, I think that the fae that was chasing us....she is...Bella. I recognize her," he said, trying to be as gentle with his words as he could as he broke the news to her. It would hurt, but all hurt healed eventually - and certainly, seeing her mother was not particularly a bad thing at all!

Around every bin was the golden fae, chasing them still. As they continued to run, she continued to follow...
Back to top Go down
Erosaf

Erosaf

PostSubject: Re: A Clarion Call. ((Phantom))   A Clarion Call. ((Phantom)) EmptySat Feb 09 2013, 21:44

“No, it can’t be, she wouldn’t,” the young mare snorted, increasing her speed. There was no chance that a tame horse could have been her mother. She refused to believe that.

Bella stumbled when she heard the stallion talking but she quickly recovered, letting them gain no ground away from her. She swerved out of the way of a low branch, not allowing it to knock her master off. He was a kind man. The voice of the stallion startled her. Epimethius? And Ottilia? Suddenly she stopped in her tracks. Letting them go. She would not chase her daughter.

“What’s wrong girl?” the man asked, patting her neck. “We can’t let that filly get away...” he noticed she was short of breath. “Alright, we’ll try again tomorrow. Damn that stallion I think I recognise him.”

Bella turned away back towards the hut.

Ottili who had stopped, looked back. 'What just happened? No tame horse has ever just stopped chasing me..."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A Clarion Call. ((Phantom))   A Clarion Call. ((Phantom)) EmptySun Feb 10 2013, 13:30

Faster and faster his pillars traveled, which caused his mind to think in circles as well. It could have been that he had made an incorrect assumption about who the golden fae was that had crossed paths with them. And of course, make sense of the master of the golden and significance of the golden's betrayal to her own kind. It was hard to think the pretty queen would do such a thing, but caring has its ways of showing all to love those that are not alike to them. It was difficult to even tell if the queen knew who they were, for love to men knew no remembrance of the past.

Suddenly, the sound behind them ceased and he turned his skull around to see if they remained. All that remained behind them was the golden fae stopped dead in her tracks - maybe she caught wind of their conversation. Quietly he turned to mouth thank you to the golden queen before catching up to the filly that had captured his interests today.

"I don't know, Ottilia," he said softly, trying to not sound condescending by saying he told her so. Everyone made mistakes, and he was reluctant to believe it was her mother at first as well because she was chasing them. Probably, she didn't recognize them at all though. "Do you think it could have been your mother? She must have known it was us and refused to go any farther. She still cares about you, I know it, even if that wasn't her," he said with a small reassuring smile.

Back to top Go down
Erosaf

Erosaf

PostSubject: Re: A Clarion Call. ((Phantom))   A Clarion Call. ((Phantom)) EmptySun Feb 10 2013, 13:36

She knew that she would see that mare again one day, but who knew when that would be. “It is kind of hard for me to even consider that that was my mother at all, Epimethius. I barely remember her.” That was something that bothered her. She would have liked to know that it was for sure, but she could never be certain of the mare.

She turned sadly into the trees, heading as far from where the other mare had been as possible. She knew not what had happened, but she knew something was going on. Memories of her mother though were too faint for her to remember.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A Clarion Call. ((Phantom))   A Clarion Call. ((Phantom)) Empty

Back to top Go down

A Clarion Call. ((Phantom))
Page 1 of 1