Freedom's Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New lands appear. New alliances are made. Darkness once more threatens the world.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

My Dearest Loves(Otho, Saphira, Ala)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
.:Phantom:.

Cash On Hand : 1479

My Dearest Loves(Otho, Saphira, Ala) Empty
PostSubject: My Dearest Loves(Otho, Saphira, Ala)   My Dearest Loves(Otho, Saphira, Ala) EmptyWed Jun 06 2012, 18:55

How fine the birds danced in the spring time, their softened feathers cascading upon the skies in a jubilant parade. Soft orbs of the creatures listlessly followed his sight, fawning over the brawny ebony creature that made his abode the forests of silver. Warm sunlight seemed to touch his muzzle in just the right way, for he could have sworn he tasted its warmth. Even the rabbits, hopping in a bunch past him, were part of his herd. His herd? It had been far too long since he had met up with them - asked how they were doing. How rude of him!

Sometimes, one couldn't help but worry with the war times lingering so closely. Callisto had seen this hundreds of times over, the antebellum period, or as the folks of old used to call it 'the calm before the storm'. And a storm it would be, indeed. Oh, if he lost his queen, he would die a million times over...and he, himself could die, leaving her alone. It nearly sparked a tear in the massive stag's orbs. It was evident that the time had come for foals to romp the Silver Forest for the first time.

"I call to you: Sonea, Pandora, and Tiger Lilly! Come to me, my loves, so that we may speak of our times," he called out, his masculine tones ringing clear in the open air. Hopefully, they would all join him in their jubilee to celebrate the survival of their herd, even in the hardest times and bring new life to the forest once again. One of them...would bring the new council member. And he hoped that it would be Sonea's, but that would not be certain. It could be anyone, after all. It was not his final decision.
Back to top Go down
Saphira

Saphira

Cash On Hand : 796

PostSubject: Re: My Dearest Loves(Otho, Saphira, Ala)   My Dearest Loves(Otho, Saphira, Ala) EmptyFri Jun 29 2012, 06:09

The warmth and vitality of spring hummed in her veins, overwhelming her with its spirit and soothing away the last vestiges of the pains of winter. Connected deeply, intricately to the Forest, the unicorn fae tossed her head, dancing and weaving her way round the land, her silver pelt a-shining and glittering. A bright jewel within the darker tones of the earth and trees, Sonea systematically worked her way to the different corners of the territory, heralding the arrival of spring.

She’d been rather disconnected from the outside world, Sonea admitted guiltily to herself. She’d been too engrossed in exploring the land, revelling in her newfound freedom and new life – new love, even. At the thought of her beloved, her heart gave a fluttery little thump, and her horn sparked brightly, momentarily blinding her. The fae reared back in surprise, snorting disdainfully as she glared up at it, muttering darkly. She’d have to do better, wouldn’t she? Going around and keeping her ear to the ground at all that. In other words, behaving more like a Queen, helping out with the duties of the herd.

A sudden tingle ran through her horn, shooting down her spine like molten iron. Jerking her head up, Sonea could not help but let loose a joyfully whinny, playfully bucking, before galloping in the direction in which her heart led. Callisto was home! Even before the call came, Sonea was in a full-out gallop towards him, her pearly tresses shining in the sun, horn glowing brighter with every step she took.

Her chocolate eyes landed with delight on the slate-grey stallion, his horn raised proudly as he called out to his herd. Nickering softly, almost shyly, Sonea slowed to an upbeat trot, almost dancing the last few steps closer. Reverently, the fae touched the tip of her horn to his, watching with delight as the horns flared bright, and a sharp tingle ran down her spine.

Nipping Callisto playfully on his nape, Sonea grinned at him, bright-eyed and speechless with joy.

“I missed you!”
Back to top Go down

Cash On Hand : 1479

PostSubject: Re: My Dearest Loves(Otho, Saphira, Ala)   My Dearest Loves(Otho, Saphira, Ala) EmptyFri Jun 29 2012, 14:24

Swaying groves rested on his massive bodice, scarred from his journeys but remaining strong to face another day. His heart was that of a leopard, leaping and vibrant as he stood among the silver trees in solitude. Tall harks swiveled in the direction of the main dirt path, a sigh escaping his lungs as his horn gleamed as he dreamed of her song drifting through the pine trees.

Wait. It was her!

A feeling unlike any other coursed through his veins as he stared upon her flawless silken form. Her maw, soft like velvet was tipped upward as she tread closer, with such regal grace and beauty. No one in any of the other terrains, be they snow, forest, or sand possessed any more beauty than what he saw before his warm chocolate eyes. Who could measure up to her greatness as a queen, not only of the land but of his heart? Her smile was like a field of soft, good smelling flowers that tickled his nose as he reached down to nibble on the tall grasses. And her tassels were like the wind against his sides as he galloped across hill and vale to battle.

Callisto felt light swarm about in his skull as their horns touched, causing all their memories to flood back to the surface of his mind. "I have missed you too, my love," he said softly, knowing that the others would soon arrive. "I promise to never leave your side again unless I absolutely must. I was away at a council meeting though, and we must talk," he said, remaining close to her side.

"War is coming, but it is not the dying day of the council. Years from now the council shall step down to let the youth generation take over, but we shall not die. But our herd must be prepared. I don't want any of you in the battle, but I cannot stop you if you do choose to accompany me," he said, looking back to her with almost child-like pleading eyes.
Back to top Go down
Saphira

Saphira

PostSubject: Re: My Dearest Loves(Otho, Saphira, Ala)   My Dearest Loves(Otho, Saphira, Ala) EmptySat Jun 30 2012, 06:28

It really had been too long since she had laid her eyes upon her King. Sonea nickered lightly, her eyes gleaming star-bright with joy the intensity of a thousand burning suns. The pale fae sighed contently at the warmth that flowed through her as they touched horns, as they breaths mingled and as they glowed fire-bright at their close proximity.

The surge of happiness peaked, as Callisto spoke his first words to her, her heart softening and melting. She flicked her silver tassels, looking like a silvery spray from a raging waterfall under the hot noon sun. Her nostrils flared contently, as she leaned her head against his muscled neck, her eyes closing in peace as she listened to him speak, Callisto’s voice soothing and centering her once more.

“See that you don’t,” she teased, a flash of fire seeping through her normally quiet demeanour. “A Council meeting?” Sonea asked worriedly, lifting her head and looking at the grey stallion closely.

Her eyes widened at the news of impending battle, and the unicorn fae frowned hesitantly, unwillingly looking up at him. “War? Surely, we have no need to be involved?” she queried, puzzled. “It is a war amongst the others horses – not one of unicorns. Aren’t we supposed to let them settle their issues by themselves?” Sonea blinked, remembering the teachings her Elders had drilled into all the young horses’ heads. Never intervene; War was for the Common, not for the Unicorns; It was against nature to battle.

Sonea met his pleading gaze, before smiling softly and nudging him playfully. “And you would be a fool to think that I would let you go by yourself,” she said indignantly. “I do have some powers – not that they would do much good – but I can also help heal! It’s better to be safe than sorry,” she grinned, flicking her tail against Callisto’s flank lightly.
Back to top Go down
Saphira

Saphira

PostSubject: Re: My Dearest Loves(Otho, Saphira, Ala)   My Dearest Loves(Otho, Saphira, Ala) EmptySun Jan 06 2013, 05:56

Bump? (:
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My Dearest Loves(Otho, Saphira, Ala)   My Dearest Loves(Otho, Saphira, Ala) Empty

Back to top Go down

My Dearest Loves(Otho, Saphira, Ala)
Page 1 of 1