Freedom's Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New lands appear. New alliances are made. Darkness once more threatens the world.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Who Will Live? Who Will Die? (open)

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Epona

Epona

Cash On Hand : 509

Who Will Live? Who Will Die? (open) Empty
PostSubject: Who Will Live? Who Will Die? (open)   Who Will Live? Who Will Die? (open) EmptyTue Jul 12 2011, 13:57

If there is one thing I have learned within the past few months it is that everything can change, in the blink of an eye. A year or so ago I was Queen, the strongest and most feared hellion mare in this kingdom. And now look at me. I feel as if I am nothing more than a beggar, a common mare just like all the rest. However, even though I feel that way, I have not let it affect me any longer.

My most recent daughter has turned against me. I have heard tales that she had found her father, and that she had chosen his side over me. I expected it. Rogue was a monster, a demon that in no way could have come only from my being. Her power shocked me, and her intelligence and strength caused a bit of fear in me as well. If Frenzy had Rogue on his side, there was no way I would defeat them together by myself.

It was time for me to step up my game. Anger was boiling in my stomach, growing more and more potent each day. That time was coming and I could taste victory on my tongue. Frenzy's blue blood would spill to the ground and I would tear his throat from his neck myself.

I kicked out my back legs in pleasure at the thought. Where was Onyx, my love, my mate? I had not seen him in many moons, not since Cadifor allowed me to stay in Faoi Thionchar. I missed him, along with my other herd members from Inferno Plains. My sons, my daughter, everyone seems to have left me. Perhaps it was time for a reunion? I reared and called to the clouds above, asking them to send my loves to me, my allies, my friends. But would they come if they heard my call?

Back to top Go down
otho

PostSubject: Re: Who Will Live? Who Will Die? (open)   Who Will Live? Who Will Die? (open) EmptyTue Jul 12 2011, 17:45

Jeu De'Sprea

The black fae was the first to come. Scars as bright as red hot coals glowed on her body, and several more recent wounds glowed white, healing slowly along her slightly swelling sides. Red eyes shone with unnatural intensity, curiosity hinted at in her expression.

Silently she approached, picking her way carefully among the tall grasses, her eyes flickering on occasion to the sky above, or else to the east, looking for any signs of her younger relatives.

"Armada," said she, bowing before the former queen of Inferno Plains. "My daughter is elsewhere, busy. As for young Honore-Aurore, he's keeping track of relations with the wolves, last I heard."
Back to top Go down
Erosaf

Erosaf

Cash On Hand : 3216

PostSubject: Re: Who Will Live? Who Will Die? (open)   Who Will Live? Who Will Die? (open) EmptyTue Jul 12 2011, 18:49

He was next to come, it had been a while since he had last seen Armada, but that was something that happened every now and again. He had been wandering for a while, seeing who was in what land at the moment. There were not many of his allies alive at the moment. Sorrel seemed to be the only one who lived on at the moment. What was one meant to do there?

He chuckled though as he sped along with the same speed that he had always had since Ganymede had bitten him so long ago. He was the one who had lived on for so long when others who were his friends had passed on, had fought in battles with him and died.

He bowed his head though as he spotted Armada and another mare, who he did not know at the moment. "Greetings to you, Armada," he said, smiling at her. There was nothing for him to worry about at the moment. "Long time no see."
Back to top Go down
http://www.nuban-aworldofchaos.proboards.com
.:Phantom:.

Cash On Hand : 1479

PostSubject: Re: Who Will Live? Who Will Die? (open)   Who Will Live? Who Will Die? (open) EmptyWed Jul 13 2011, 07:43

Onyx

Many scars laced my bodice from too many fights lost and few won against the horrendous monsters that seemed to populate the lands now. They glimmered and shone against me like the stars shone within the deep ebony skies of winter. It wasn't even crimson, but blood red that splattered my form like a rippling wave of the ocean tide cleansing the shores of battle and death. I knew my orbs were volcanic, flames shining within them, but no one seemed to care. They knew my weaknesses and my strengths - which were prevailing to show up every day that the sun shone.

I had felt a draw to this place for the longest of times, wanting to find my true self here once more as I had the first time. This was the place where I had found love, had found the only thing that mattered to me. Now, I felt as if we were about to be torn into by the distance of the world and alliances placed on us by him. It was true, I was not entirely good or entirely evil, but this bit of scum that you would normally find laying upon the pits of hell had gone too far. He had taken my land, separated myself and Armada, and caused chaos to break out everywhere from the ridges of mountains where the snow caps the tops to the deserts that could burn your daggers. I wondered so many times why I hadn't come before.

It was beautiful here with a quite simplistic layout. Hills rolled under my pillars as they tread in a three-beating motion towards the center. What a draw it held to me, with its soft moving rivers where the fawns could sip from without threat. Some trees hovered around me, but I didn't see why they were needed - the temperature was not too hot nor too cold.

Then, it hit me - the reason why I was here was that she was here too. I had nearly forgotten how deeply connected we were psychologically and emotionally, but now I knew. My heart felt as if it would burst with joy as I made my way to her, but I knew I needed to be calm in case we were facing a threat. Soon enough, I found that we were not and settled beside her ebony form. "Armada," I whispered touching my skull to hers. "It has been far too long - I have missed you," whispered the burly stag as his maw rested against her cheek. This must have been about the war, I knew. Much blood shed would occur, but we would survive, to take back what is rightfully ours.
Back to top Go down
otho

PostSubject: Re: Who Will Live? Who Will Die? (open)   Who Will Live? Who Will Die? (open) EmptyWed Jul 13 2011, 12:12

Two came next, dropping down from the sky, each black as night.

First was Therthis, his wings tipped with white, his horn gold and silver, though the glow that had once been ever present was gone.

Second was a much younger stallion, purest black, except for the red hot scars running along his body. He circled for a moment, before landing beside Jeu De'Sprea, his granddam, bowing first to her, and then to Armada.

Therthis merely nodded to the white-eyed fae, casting a second and third nod to Thowra and Onyx. Remaining entirely silent, his wings folding up neatly against his sides.

After Honore-Aurore had greeted the others, however, he spoke.

"Armada, it is good to see you again. My own herd will come to fight, should you ask it, as will my beta's. However, for now they are in the Gemdas, attending to things while I'm away."
Back to top Go down
Epona

Epona

PostSubject: Re: Who Will Live? Who Will Die? (open)   Who Will Live? Who Will Die? (open) EmptyWed Jul 13 2011, 20:55

Silently, I watched as they approached. First came Jeu De'Sprea, my long-time friend. I did not realize how much I missed having her nearby until she was close once again. I smiled tensely and nodded as she spoke. "There is no need to bow, my friend, as I am no longer royalty in the eyes of the lands." It hurt to say, but it was indeed true. I pray I will get my throne back, though.

"It is good that they are well," I said quietly, thinking of my own children, the four of them, nearly all had turned from me. I partially blamed Therthis for Venom turning from me. He had never been around, too attached to his foolish queen to take the place by my side that he had deserved. I snorted at the thought and looked to Sorrel, smiling a bit at him, glad he had chosen to come. This was turning in to a larger gathering than she had initially expected.

"It is good to see you, as well, Thowra." The polite aura around this gathering was beginning to choke me. The anger that was boiling in my stomach was gnawing at the back of my mind, begging me to be released. These equines, however, were my friends, and I would contain my self until the proper time.

And then there he was. Him, the one I had begged fate to allow to find me again. Onyx, my love, my partner. I could not help but relax at his touch against my cheek, and melt at his words. "I have missed you, too, my dear," I whispered back and then took a deep breath, calming my self and deciding to return to business before I got too involved in this greeting with him.

The next to come not only brought a cold smile to my face but it made my anger boil even stronger. Therthis. He would dare to show his face around me at such grave times, when I am in such a foul mood and a bad position. But there were greater problems here than our past relationship crumbling as it did.

I nodded to both of them and listened to the words. Though I did not enjoy accepting help, I nodded in gratitude. "I thank you for that," I said quietly, fire in my tone, though I tamed it down quite a bit. I needed all the help I could get.

"Though I mainly called most of you hear to rekindle our bonds, while I have you all at my attention, I believe we should began to lay out a plan for the coming battle." I cast a wary glance at Onyx, waiting for him to say something, positive or negative. Either way, I knew that I needed to be the one who ended Frenzy's life, in one way or another.

Last edited by Epona on Thu Jul 14 2011, 14:29; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Erosaf

Erosaf

PostSubject: Re: Who Will Live? Who Will Die? (open)   Who Will Live? Who Will Die? (open) EmptyWed Jul 13 2011, 23:06

"I know a fight is coming," Armada," Thowra replied, ignoring the name of his nephew. "For the greater good that is our world, I and my family in numbers you do not completely know of, will fight. The members of the silver herd gather within Snowy River Forest. They agreed I should come to find out what the plan is, instead of all the stallions in my family coming and causing confusion."

He snorted. "I have heard from some of the forest creatures including one of the wolves who are my allies that the horses of that damned council have chosen their opponents, and are already deciding on their battle plans. Therefore the Apocalyptal council has banded together and they will be deadly if those of us who are their targets do not band together in the battle."

He sighed, looking at the other horses who were standing in his midst. "You yourself are a target of one of them, Armada. I am surprised that they specifically chose a few amongst us to try and destroy. The white mare with red X markings on her, Conquest intends to take you down." He sighed as he looked at Armada. "There is a way around this."

Then he looked up at the sky as a huge black stallion, winged and horned, soared down. The stallion glowed with a heavenly shine.

"Greetings all. It has come to my attention that all of you are planning to strike at the horses whom I and my celestial brothers are always against. IN this we will help you. Armada, you and I must talk, for our fights in the battle are linked. I must take down Satan as I have every time he came out of hell. There is a deal though between Satan and Frenzy. Satan made a deal with that devil of a hellion, and it is planned that he will force Frenzy into hell with him, should Frenzy be on the edge of death. Frenzy will not be able to get out of hell without Satan's permission."

Michael bowed his head to her. "It is rare that a being of the light such as I, and a hellion will have to work together, but I know that we can do this."

"I have myself been targeted by Famine," Thowra said. "She seems to believe that being a vampire is a disease she should be able to cure, but I intend to make her realize that I am not a desease at all. Either she will realize this, or she will die. Blue Jay has been targeted by Lust, Alston by Hades, Callisto by War, Hounoure-Aurore by Sin, and Ganymede by Death."
Back to top Go down

Cash On Hand : 1479

PostSubject: Re: Who Will Live? Who Will Die? (open)   Who Will Live? Who Will Die? (open) EmptyThu Jul 14 2011, 08:54

Onyx

To be honest, there were too many others here for my tastes, but I would deal with it only to have a moment with her after they departed. I slunk towards the front of the group, where not many had gathered so that I at least felt like I had adequate air to breathe. The sun beat hotly against the spikes which laid upon my broad skull, and my volcanic orbs gleamed with a long lasting vengeance against the bit of scum who had taken my home, my life, and everything that mattered. I looked to her and knew that she wanted me to say something, but I had not the words to speak to others anymore. Silence had set in over time.

"It is not impossible to win," I murmured, keeping my orbs straight, staring into the distance blankly. Each side would so sure of victory, but there would be more bloodshed in this battle than even I knew of. Many great leaders were going to fall to their knees in defeat, and new ones would rise from the ashes of this perilous war. "But it will take every ounce of strategic thinking we can muster up. It is stronger, stronger than you can ever imagine, but the willingness to fear within me is gone. I welcome death with a warm heart if it does want to collect me," I said quietly, tensely as I watched the others for an answer. I watched as Modet came in, with two of his sons at hand next to him. He looked weak, and I knew that his time would be soon.

I looked back to Armada, awaiting her response. Her opinion was the only one that mattered to me - most of the horses here were idiots and couldn't be trusted. It was obvious that all of our allies would attend this meeting, unfortunately. I just didn't get along well with them. Soon enough, an ebony form appeared on a high ridge, looking all high and mighty as his twisted horn shone in the broad daylight. It was Callisto. Finally, the council had arrived to settle some order on this meeting.

"Greetings, council," I said, nodding my skull to them. I was never a king, and it was evident that no one owed respect to me. They tread in neatly to the circle, nodding each to all the creatures surrounding them politely and all so perfectly controlled. I saw the hint of doubt in Thyone's orbs as he searched around though, and it assured me that they had spoken privately about the matter at hand and had agreed to disagree. Lysithea was reserved, secretly bending the earth, I could see as nervous thoughts ran through her mind. She knew that she could possibly die and would have no heir to carry on her bloodlines. I knew all about her, the one who had chased after...that colt - Solitude. I hadn't minded him, and I knew he would have been a better king than Frenzy. Callisto was calm and cool, confidence radiating off his ebony pelt, but I could tell that his mind was elsewhere. Himalia seemed slightly happy, if only due to the fact that her king returned to his land. That didn't matter though. They had more important issues to address.

What they said next surprised the hell out of me - I hadn't been expecting it at all. "Greetings to you, young king," said the leader of the council as he bowed his proud skull to me. What the hell did they mean by that? I was no king, but a horrid peasant who would scrounge for food the rest of my life. My children were the only thing I had left...and they hated me. Would Armada really take me back? No, life never worked out well for me. If everything went the way my luck usually ran, she would leave me and never speak to me again. There were no fairytale endings for me.

Then, a blur of earthy hues caught up in my eyesight, bits of ivory showing upon his magnificent pelt. How tall and burly he was already for his age, and his sea green orbs shone with kindness and intelligence just like the ones of his mother and father had. He was lank and young, yet I knew he had been trained to fight - to kill the monster that his father could not and to restore justice to the lands after a foul hellion had taken over. He seemed neither rash nor stupid, even though he had not yet gained my respect. A true king earned his title - he was not born into royalty.

I hoped he would lead us well.
Back to top Go down
Epona

Epona

PostSubject: Re: Who Will Live? Who Will Die? (open)   Who Will Live? Who Will Die? (open) EmptyFri Jul 15 2011, 14:39

ooc ;; i'm waiting for Otho to reply so we can keep posting order.
Back to top Go down
otho

PostSubject: Re: Who Will Live? Who Will Die? (open)   Who Will Live? Who Will Die? (open) EmptySun Oct 30 2011, 20:13

Jeu De'sprea

The fae smiled a bit, before shaking her head. "I shall bow to you Armada. These lands may choose their kings and queens, and likewise, I choose mine. As it stands, that is you. A land doesn't make a ruler. It is the people who follow after them that do. And in that, you're not lacking." was the reply. A nod from her young descendant reaffirmed her statement.

Therthis

The dark stallion had his eyes fixed on Armada, only half-listening to the conversation around him. Finally, he said, somewhat reluctantly, "I doubt I'll be much help in this fight; Satan's gotten pretty well inside my head, and currently I can't do anything directly to fight him... Or the others. Pity too, I'd rather like to see my nephew back where he belongs..."
Back to top Go down
Epona

Epona

PostSubject: Re: Who Will Live? Who Will Die? (open)   Who Will Live? Who Will Die? (open) EmptySat Dec 17 2011, 00:00

My mind was numb as I watched many more file in, my white glare dancing briefly on Onyx as I surveyed each face that was new to me. The council approached, and greeted Onyx as a king, and I nearly allowed myself to smile at the joy that brought me.

But the moment was fleeting. I turned my attention to Thowra, who was speaking of the damned coucil who had all chosen their target. "Conquest may have chosen me, but she will not defeat me," I snapped, cursing her name in my head. Only a foolish mare would challenge me. I was a warrior fit for a stag, and even they would barely be able to stop me.

My motives were causing my confidence to rise. I turned and smiled at Jeu De'Sprea, her words touching my cold heart with a bit of warmth. No wonder I had kept her so close.

It was Therthis, however, that caught my attention the most. "Satan is in your head, you say? I asked him, my ghoulish eyes narrowing as they locked on to his. "Nothing we say here can be given to them, so perhaps it would be best if you did not listen to the main plan," I was trying to be harsh, to show him the hatred and anger I have felt toward him since he left me for her but it was not possible. The concern I felt for his well-being worried me.

"Michael," I started, turning to the glowing black stag. "I wish to bring Frenzy down my self and it is good that we are working together. It puts the win more in our favor.," I stated firmly, wondering what the reaction to this would be. Anyone could battle him, weaken him, but she wanted his death to be her doing.

At last she turned to the council, feeling as though proper greeting was in order. "Council, it is good to see you all in good health," I said through gritted teeth, feeling as though these niceties were feigned between everyone but doing my best to add to the act. I wanted to get on with the plan, with what was actually going to happen.

No, what I really wanted to get a move on with was the slaughter.
Back to top Go down
Erosaf

Erosaf

PostSubject: Re: Who Will Live? Who Will Die? (open)   Who Will Live? Who Will Die? (open) EmptySat Dec 17 2011, 16:35

Michael turned his black head to look at Therthis. "Satan can enter your mind you say? You'll find your thoughts are safe near me, black one." For Satan never tried anything around him at the moment.
Back to top Go down
otho

PostSubject: Re: Who Will Live? Who Will Die? (open)   Who Will Live? Who Will Die? (open) EmptyWed Dec 21 2011, 21:24

Therthis

The black nodded slightly in thanks to Michael, but his next words were in agreement with Armada. "Memories are just as easily read as current thoughts are, and I'm loathe to let Satan gain information on it. Still, I wanted to let you know that my herd's behind you, Armada." so saying, he turned and trotted quietly away, just out of hearing range.

Jeu De'sprea, meanwhile, sensed her queen's growing impatience, and as Therthis moved off, she made a slight huffing sound. "I believe that as many as will come have done so. Shall we begin in earnest?" she asked, voicing it as a question, although she knew that at least her grandcolt and her queen would sieze on her statement. They were made for action, not for words.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Who Will Live? Who Will Die? (open)   Who Will Live? Who Will Die? (open) Empty

Back to top Go down

Who Will Live? Who Will Die? (open)
Page 1 of 1