Freedom's Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New lands appear. New alliances are made. Darkness once more threatens the world.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The First Born (Hemlock's Herd)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
otho

Cash On Hand : 509

The First Born (Hemlock's Herd) Empty
PostSubject: The First Born (Hemlock's Herd)   The First Born (Hemlock's Herd) EmptyMon Jul 11 2011, 21:03

Hemlock

"Bum bum bum buuuumm... Bum bum bum bummmm... Bum-bim-boom-bam-bam-bam... Da da da dum... Rum tum tum tum..." I hummed quietly as I walked aimlessly in circles, my wings folded tightly against my sides.

It was my third year in Aonar Ciúnas, and my third year as the beta stallion. It was also my third year as the heir apparent to the land which my sire ruled. Despite the fact that he had chosen a queen, she had yet to provide him with an heir, leaving me as his only son.

It was actually a bit annoying, in my mind. I didn't actually want to be king, but I'd have liked other siblings. Still, I had no reason to complain I knew, as I saw a golden form walking my way.

After all, how many stallions could lay claim to the heart of the most beautiful fae to ever grace the earth?

Not a one but me, and I laid my claim three years past, on the beauty, my Melody, Melodia...

However, at the time, we were little more than foals, me only a year and a half, and she only slightly older. Soon I knew, it would be time to go in search of more members for the beta herd, for at the moment, there was only the two of us, the youngest horses in the land. While I loved her dearly, I knew that both she and I needed to be around others our age as well. We needed other company, the company of our peers...

I planned to find them.
Back to top Go down
.:Phantom:.

Cash On Hand : 1479

PostSubject: Re: The First Born (Hemlock's Herd)   The First Born (Hemlock's Herd) EmptySat Feb 04 2012, 15:38

Melodia

Life seemed like it couldn't get any better for me. I lived in the most beautiful land possible, where the waters were clear and the skies were a shining array of sunshine. Most of all, I was the queen of the most amazing stallion in the world, my Hemlock. It just couldn't get any better than this. I was happier than a bee buzzing in a hive full of honey, happier than a fish in water. But something was missing. I didn't know what exactly it was yet though.

It was our third spring together it seemed, and it was just as beautiful and perfect as the first. Roses were blooming all around, and my heart melted when I saw the young deer romping through the forest together. Sometimes, I had longed for one to call my own, a young one. I wondered if somehow Hemlock might want the same thing, but he would have to bring it up first. Sometimes I could be shy, like Angel, my mother. The spring was so beautiful, and I knew that I could have a young one of my own by next spring if my king agreed.

I stepped into the sunlight, the light dew of the grass rubbing against my hocks. My stormy bodice shone in the sunlight, bright and warm in the middle of the day. I couldn't wait to see my love, for I knew that I needed to speak with him about several things. I thought there needed to be more young horses in Aonar Ciúnas, and I didn't want to push getting new herd members on my king, but I knew it needed to happen. I would just have to seek him out.

As I walked, I made sure I said hello to all the members of the herd. I had made plenty of friends since I had come to the beautiful valley land, but there was no better time than the present to make more. I wasn't terribly bad looking either, with my stormy hue. Ivory trickled down my pillars in sabino hues all over my bodice. Hemlock always called me beautiful, but I always thought he was far more handsome than I. Ah, finally! I spotted him. I trotted up to him, smiling slightly as I nuzzled his shoulder.

"Hello, my darling, Hemlock," I said, glad to see him today. "It is quite beautiful out today, don't you agree?" I asked, my gray orbs scanning the sunrise before turning back to his violet gaze.
Back to top Go down
otho

PostSubject: Re: The First Born (Hemlock's Herd)   The First Born (Hemlock's Herd) EmptySun Feb 05 2012, 19:58

Hemlock

I smiled as Melodia greeted me, my violet orbs turning to her, her stormy coat shining in the sun, like silver running down her form. "It is indeed, my dearest, but all the more so for you being here." I replied, my soft nose brushing against her back for a moment, my every fiber thrumming with happiness at the contact. "Melody, I think it's the right time..." I felt somewhat nervous, but I pressed on, determined to get out what I was thinking. "If you wish, I thought perhaps..." finally, with a sigh, I said it. "Would you like a foal?" Completely and totally tactless, as usual, I thought, with a silent sigh. But my queen had that effect on me, especially when I approached topics such as that.

"Also," I added, "I think it's time I searched for more members for the herd."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The First Born (Hemlock's Herd)   The First Born (Hemlock's Herd) EmptyTue Mar 13 2012, 17:00

Anew we were, reborn into life as those who had a say, but so different from many others, we opened our hearts to the earth around us. Life had lavishly shone upon us in the recent months, and it seemed as if no bad fares had come upon our forms. Purity washed through me, as did it to my dear love, yet childhood was short lived. One day, the world was dormant, my playground, and the next it beckoned to me with open arms. It threatened to push me if I didn't spread my wings and fly.

I smiled, happiness washing over my ivory splattered features as I seemed to glow with joy. Simply standing beside the one I love struck a rhythm in my soul and a dance in my heart that jived with all the choruses of heaven. We both had a spirit, connected through the groves of adoration, twined throughout the very core of our genetic make-up. When the heavens made plans, very little could be done to contradict them - but I wasn't complaining.

The emotive was strong, and I could feel his heart throbbing. For this, I tread forward so that I was very close to him and told him how I loved him so dearly. Obviously, there was something on my mind, and I could only hope that it was not something that directly affected us. Oh, how I hoped he was faring well in times of crisis, for how hurt would my heart be if he left me? I could only stand so much, yet I found myself flabbergasted when the lovely words spilled from his ebony maw. Of course, my feelings were positive on the idea! Had I not been thinking about it moments before?

"Why, yes!" I exclaimed, nuzzling his side with a new profound passion. "I had been pondering the idea, myself. And, I agree that we should seek new members for our herd as well," I said, nodding my storm hued skull easily. Certainly, Fantasma would be pleased that his very own son was having a child of his own.
Back to top Go down
otho

PostSubject: Re: The First Born (Hemlock's Herd)   The First Born (Hemlock's Herd) EmptyThu May 24 2012, 18:42

At her words of agreement, I felt that my heart would burst from sheer joy, the urge to caper as I had with her and Zandere as a colt nearly swept my hooves off the ground I stood on, my mind buzzing over and over with her words. In a time filled with such sorrow, I knew such moments were still more precious, but also, I knew, this moment would have been just as precious in a time of peace.

Quickly though, I calmed myself slightly, remembering the other thing I was going to do. Something which I felt my queen would wish to do as well. "Before we leave for Wajida, if you wish to go there, I thought we might visit Zandere. I've heard he has formed his own herd, in the desert lands, and I've missed him sorely, despite the happiness you've brought to my heart."

((OOC: For some reason, I've got a lot of ideas for Hemlock with this particular line...))
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The First Born (Hemlock's Herd)   The First Born (Hemlock's Herd) EmptyThu Jun 07 2012, 14:51

Nothing could be better in my life, I decided right then and there - for was I not with the one I had dreamed of for most of my childhood? I knew not how I had chosen so rightly the first time, but still, I longed to see my old friend. My heart pleaded with the world that he would not be angered at my decision and that he had gotten what he wanted in life. Of course he was! He would be kind to anyone, and surely, some mare would think the world of him; it had not been an easy choice for me, after all.

I knew that the war was coming up and that I might not get a chance to see my old friend, Zandere again for a while when it had begun. He would fight for the good of all - once he had even told me he planned to fight for his family in the war. "I would greatly enjoy going to the lands where he lives. I wonder if he has gotten a herd yet," I pondered.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The First Born (Hemlock's Herd)   The First Born (Hemlock's Herd) Empty

Back to top Go down

The First Born (Hemlock's Herd)
Page 1 of 1