New lands appear. New alliances are made. Darkness once more threatens the world.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

One Last Hope(Erosaf)

Go down 
AuthorMessage
.:Phantom:.

Cash On Hand : 1479

One Last Hope(Erosaf) Empty
PostSubject: One Last Hope(Erosaf)   One Last Hope(Erosaf) EmptyWed Apr 13 2011, 15:48

Both had aged together, both had shared sunrises and evenings so beautiful that they would melt your heart. I still don't understand how they were in love for so long, but unfortunately I knew it would end. It wouldn't end by a broken heart nor by hatred, but the only break in their love would be death. If only, if only she thought and hoped and prayed for a second chance, a second life to give. Oh, how her love had longed to give her the first, why not a second? After all, it was the most prideful thing one could do, to bring life to the next generation. To supply goodness in the future. She smiled, for it was a good thought.

"Love....Baru...?" she called, a bit frantically. Signs of aging had appeared on them about five years ago after their son left, and Rummy had always guessed that the end was near. Not only until now had she felt the stiffness in her joints and the aching in her sides when she swayed side to side when she moved forward. Age was a factor of life, though, and nothing could change it. Rummy knew she would fight - maybe they would live, but it was more than likely that they would die in the huge battle to come. It wasn't a pretty thought, but it was one.

Rummy was a beautiful fae, still in age, though and as flirtatious as ever. Although they had changed and become less charged for games, there would be one today. It might be the last, or it could be close. It scared her that the end might be near, but she was pleading with the earth to let her have one more. Just one more small foal to run around her pillars again. Oh, the heavens, she begged, pleaded. "I must ask you something," she finished, warm brown orbs glancing around confidently. She was his, and he was hers. Period.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: One Last Hope(Erosaf)   One Last Hope(Erosaf) EmptyTue May 03 2011, 02:33

bump
Back to top Go down
Erosaf

Erosaf

Cash On Hand : 3216

PostSubject: Re: One Last Hope(Erosaf)   One Last Hope(Erosaf) EmptyFri May 06 2011, 14:47

He sighed as he moved through his home, the one that had been his for so many years. It was not the easiest of things to move around in at the moment, for two of the greatest horses here had passed one, horses from before his time in the lands. The betta queen was suffering, as was the recently added king.

When he heard his name called he turned in that direction, as he always would. This was something that he would have to see to, no matter what. he would never let Rummy down, that was something beyond him right now.

"Yes my dear?" he asked, once he saw her.
Back to top Go down
http://www.nuban-aworldofchaos.proboards.com

PostSubject: Re: One Last Hope(Erosaf)   One Last Hope(Erosaf) EmptyFri May 06 2011, 16:28

In a split second, the playful knowing appeared in her worn orbs just as it had upon their first meeting. That devious grin that he always flashed her had faded with age into one of heartfelt joy. Many trials had they passed. Some had been mole hills made into mountains and others had been treacherous in their goal to find true love. Their child had moved out to search for a life of his own in Ciera. "Love, there is much sadness in this land, isn't there," Rummy said softly, knowing in her own heart that more sadness would follow with their death.

She always had her ways with him, so the graying mare edged closer a bit to rest her skull on his shoulder. "We have given life to the world, and we have made it a better place. Why not again, one last gift to the world?" Rummy asked, peering up at her love. Always, she had a way with words. Whether they were to convince one to do a certain act or whether they were playful taunting fun, she was talented in her own special way. "Balin is grown and is making a life of his own in king Kiam's land. Right now, I heard, he's been in Alaknanda trying to find ladies of his own. He even has a heir...due to forcing. I surely hope he doesn't develop a habit," Rummy whispered, concerned eyes on her love.
Back to top Go down
Erosaf

Erosaf

PostSubject: Re: One Last Hope(Erosaf)   One Last Hope(Erosaf) EmptyFri May 06 2011, 16:40

"I have heard of that one, Rummy. It's said that he did it only so that the mare, I believe her name was Marked Faith. He only did it because he did not want evil to grow within her, though the foal's true nature is yet to be known for they have not been born."

Baru snorted. "A few of the birds told me of this, that is how I know about it." he smiled at her. They were getting older, and he knew that there were things that would be harder for them now. "I only hope that my father's nature has not become something dominant in him."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: One Last Hope(Erosaf)   One Last Hope(Erosaf) EmptyFri Jun 17 2011, 15:21

Salty gales blew against her heavily roaned pelt as the nodded slightly to his soft, concerning words. Hastily, she glanced down. Had she really grown so old? Solemness filled her deep liquid pools as she brought her gaze back up. They didn't have much time left, and they needed to make every moment count. Quietly, the vixen touched her velvet maw to his shoulder. "What I'm trying to say is....I'd like another foal to carry on our bloodlines after we're gone," Rummy finished, looking to him for a response. "One more child....or even two if we're lucky would do us well," she smiled, nuzzling with with hope settled in her heart.

"We can only hope so, love," Rummy whispered, looking out to the ocean where the waves crashed gently against the beach. The atmosphere was so thrilling, yet she felt like she was looking in on it with her old age. Instead of being just a mother to a lively colt, she was a grandmother to be. It worried her, and dying in itself scared her to tears. Dying was a part of living though, and dying wasn't about what was taken with one but what significance they left behind when they went. That thought somewhat comforted her.
Back to top Go down
Erosaf

Erosaf

PostSubject: Re: One Last Hope(Erosaf)   One Last Hope(Erosaf) EmptyFri Jun 17 2011, 15:31

He was worried though, once one started forcing others, he knew it was a difficult thing for them to stop from doing. He hoped though that this would be the only occasion he heard of that was related to one of his lines. He hoped too much that he would be the last one that had to stop themselves from forcing others all the time. That was the way he had been raised, but he had not raised their son the way he had been.

He smiled at her though, knowing that there was little enough time left to them. He would not give her up easily, but he knew that the time would come for them both to depart the world. Perhaps she would be slightly before him, she was greying a little quicker than he was, but it would not be long before he joined her in the afterlife.

“If that is what you desire my love, then I will give it to you.”
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: One Last Hope(Erosaf)   One Last Hope(Erosaf) EmptySun Jun 19 2011, 09:41

Rummy hoped with her old heart that the colt didn't make his kind action for one mare a habit that scarred others permanently. Only the love and compassion that flowed from her pure soul had changed her lover's ways of old, only she had saved him from himself and the wrath of neighboring stags.

Bright light already shone down within her soul, and the flashbacks of mother and father had told her that she would be joining them again soon. Many years had Rummy waited peacefully to see their loving faces again, and soon that wish would be fulfilled. Tears welled in her liquid brown orbs as she scanned the horizon, already hearing them call her name. Their gentle caresses sent chills bolting through her rather petite bodice, and she knew there wasn't much time to act. Rummy knew she needed to leave a piece of her behind so that Baru didn't become too lonely waiting for her.

"My bones are too weak to make it to Wajida, but they will carry me to the battleground where I will die for the cause of good. In a little more than a year from now, we will be fighting a full fledged war against Frenzy. He will attack the weak, and I will die. You have a few years left, but I will be waiting in peace for you until you join me for eternity," she whispered, leaning her skull to his shoulder before turning around to face the tree line. This was their one last chance at happiness. Whether a colt or filly was born didn't matter. It was still a piece of them and would carry on their legacy.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: One Last Hope(Erosaf)   One Last Hope(Erosaf) EmptyFri Jul 01 2011, 12:48

bump?
Back to top Go down
Erosaf

Erosaf

PostSubject: Re: One Last Hope(Erosaf)   One Last Hope(Erosaf) EmptyMon Jul 11 2011, 00:17

He smiled at her, knowing that there was nothing he would not want to have around once more. The brown Thoroughbred moved over and did what she wanted quickly enough, though when he dropped to the ground once more afterwards, he snorted, hearing the hooves approaching where they were.

It was a sound that he was not familiar with, it was not one of the other horses in the land, but he knew that their king would likely come this way to figure out who the new stallion was in the lands. That was something they really did not need at this point in time.

Soon though, out of the slowly forming mist that always came at dusk, came a tall stallion, a little heavier built than Baru, but just as graceful. The stallion was almost half Baru's age, and that was something that was a little startling. Coming to a halt, the perlino horse looked at Baru confidently.

There was a dark silver star on his forehead, and his dark socks were the same height as the ones Baru had himself. The most unique of his markings though was a deep silver bullet chain that went from his chest, making a ring around his neck, from there looking like the tack a cart horse would once have worn. These were actually scars.

"Who are you?" Baru asked, staring at the other one. He knew that if it came to a fight, this younger one would easily be able to kill him, but that was something he did not really want to deal with. Time was against him, he knew this, but he was not willing to give Rummy up in the slightest.

"Don't you recognise me? Father?" the younger horse replied, staring at him as if he thought Baru was mad.
Back to top Go down
Erosaf

Erosaf

PostSubject: Re: One Last Hope(Erosaf)   One Last Hope(Erosaf) EmptyMon Nov 07 2011, 16:43

(bump)
Back to top Go down
Erosaf

Erosaf

PostSubject: Re: One Last Hope(Erosaf)   One Last Hope(Erosaf) EmptyTue Dec 27 2011, 01:09

((bump))
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: One Last Hope(Erosaf)   One Last Hope(Erosaf) Empty

Back to top Go down

One Last Hope(Erosaf)
Page 1 of 1