Freedom's Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New lands appear. New alliances are made. Darkness once more threatens the world.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Two for the price of one

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Saphira

Saphira

Cash On Hand : 796

Two for the price of one Empty
PostSubject: Two for the price of one   Two for the price of one EmptyMon Mar 14 2011, 20:06

The ebony mare entered slowly into her prison, harks pinned back warily as her chocolate eyes swept the eerily quiet land. She had once been the queen of the Devil’s Swamp, but certain… circumstances had altered that. Now, she was a mere slave in this land of darkness, her status reduced so greatly that she wondered with a kind of cynical amusement, how things could have changed so quickly over so short a time. Oh, yes, things had indeed changed. The sound of sturdy hoof beats moved quickly across to the lone mare.

Her eyes softened a little, as she saw the young one come over to her. Valek, he was called. Yet a sense of unease stirred within her pelt whenever she saw the young yearling draw near. He looked handsome enough, with an onyx pelt and tresses, and midnight-hued pools of ebony. Yet, they were cold. Never in her life had she seen such cool and calculative eyes in such a young horse. It worried her, scared her to think what could happen, should his father step in to teach him to ways of evil.

He was young, easily moulded into one’s desired shape and form, like clay in a potter’s hands. And if the potter were his father… Mirage shuddered slightly, calling softly for the yearling to come, only for him to ignore her. Her eyes narrowed with irritation as she watched him.

Already, he had the mark of a brilliant fighter. He was agile and lithe, muscles clearly defined under his pelt. He moved with an unconscious, easy grace that seemed as though he were going into battle at any moment. Mirage’s lip curled as she turned away from him, moving along the border, but venturing no deeper. Already, he had killed. Animals who crossed his path or annoyed him, he took down without mercy. She started trotting, suddenly eager to get away from the icy eyes that bored into her back. Her son.

No, not hers. Valek was truly his father’s son. Let him do what he wanted. She wanted nothing to do with either of them.

She moved on, along the boundary, not looking back.

Valek tilted his head, obscured eyes gleaming with an unreadable emotion, a smirk hovering about the corner of his maw as he watched the shape of his dam move further into the lands. Then, he turned, tossing his long, back tresses, moving silently and noiselessly into the opposite direction.
Back to top Go down
Erosaf

Erosaf

Cash On Hand : 3216

PostSubject: Re: Two for the price of one   Two for the price of one EmptyMon Mar 14 2011, 23:34

The moment they entered Still Waters, he was there, standing behind them both. "About time, Mirage." he eyed the colt. "This would be the one who is my son, twould he not?" To the colt he said, "I am Dóiteáin, and i hope you were not thinking of leaving young one." He had heard of him. "Valek you are, aren't you? I've heard things that please me about you."

It was clear there was pride in his voice. "I would be your father, and the king of Still Waters."
Back to top Go down
http://www.nuban-aworldofchaos.proboards.com
Saphira

Saphira

PostSubject: Re: Two for the price of one   Two for the price of one EmptyTue Mar 22 2011, 01:05

She stopped abruptly at the sound of her nemesis' dark voice, harks instantly pinned against her skull as she turned, eyes flashing furiously, unforgiving. Dark brown - nearly black - eyes fixed unwaveringly on the aloof form of the stallion that now held her captive, here in these unfamiliar lands, that had stolen her away from her own home. Her eyes shifted, then, to her sturdily-built son, who had moved back towards the duo, pitch-black eyes of onyx glinting with an unreadable light, studying his father coolly, intently.

Her heart lurched with a twinge of fear, as Mirage flared her nostrils, stepping back a step or two. She had delayed this meeting for as long as she could, claiming that both she and the colt were too weak to travel all the way to these isolated lands. And it was partly true. It had been a difficult birth, and Valek had almost come into this world stillborn. But now, looking at him, there was no sense of the weak, gangly colt that had laid shivering on the ground all that time ago.

She kept silent, as though by doing so, she could disappear. Valek, facing the older horse, did nothing to show his fear. Dark, unreadable eyes assessed his father shrewdly, confidently. "I would not dream of it, Father. And yes, my name is Valek... I am... Surprised, that word of my actions have already spread this far. Perhaps, now, in the cover of your land, they will finally stop. I prefer anonymity to popularity."
Back to top Go down
Erosaf

Erosaf

PostSubject: Re: Two for the price of one   Two for the price of one EmptyTue Mar 22 2011, 03:15

He snorted again, knowing that there was something intriguing about this younger stallion. He was also his first born. That was something that needed to adressed as well. "Not all father's can grow proud of a son they have not met before they have heard of them. Because of that, even though Temia is my queen, not Mirage, I am naming you my heir. When I die, Still Waters will be yours!"

He glared at Mirage. She thought that he had done her harm? No... he'd saved her from the brute now in her lands. "You've lost your old lands anyway old queen... another has claimed them... one like me!"
Back to top Go down
Saphira

Saphira

PostSubject: Re: Two for the price of one   Two for the price of one EmptyTue Mar 22 2011, 04:12

Valek’s dark eyes gleamed, watching his sire, the red cracks in his otherwise black hide, not even glancing at Mirage, who stood awkwardly to the side of them both. A charming smile broke upon his lips at his father’s words, eyes lightening a little as he smiled what seemed a sincere smile. There was no doubt that he was a handsome young colt, and would soon grow to be a fine stallion. He knew it, and was playing it to the best of his advantage. Valek’s long forelock covered his gleaming eyes of night, as he looked up at his father.

“Thank you, Father. It is a great honor you do me… an honor I will do everything I need to to deserve it,” Valek answered, his voice warmer, less dark. Was it an act? One could never tell.

He glanced at a snort that sounded beside him, at Mirage. The black mare glared at the stallion, who glared back at her, neither deigning to give way. At last, she spoke, her voice low with emotion, “That may be so. But you impregnated me without my consent and you forced me away from my lands, which I had sworn to defend. I shall never forgive you, regardless.”

Before the stallion could answer, Valek cut in, his voice lilting and darkly amused, as he turned towards his mother. “Why, Mother, I’m so surprised!” He cried in a falsely shocked and dismayed tone. “I thought hate was an evil emotion? To me, I think you should be grateful to father. After all, he did save your life, and he allows you freedom within these lands. You never know what the other one might do to you.” Valek stared unflinchingly at her, his eyes cold and empty, devoid of pity as he relentlessly pushed Mirage. “I never thought one could be so ungrateful.”
Back to top Go down
Erosaf

Erosaf

PostSubject: Re: Two for the price of one   Two for the price of one EmptyTue Mar 22 2011, 04:18

“Before you've grown up too much more, there is someone who wants to meet you. To be able to train you to be more than you already are. To teach you to harness the demon in your bloodlines from me,” Doitiean said, smling at his son for a moment.

Then he glared at Mirage. “You are free to roam in these lands, Mirage, but not to leave them. Try it and I will hurt you. Stay and do not break the rules and no more harm will befall you.”
Back to top Go down
Saphira

Saphira

PostSubject: Re: Two for the price of one   Two for the price of one EmptyTue Mar 22 2011, 04:36

Valek shifted his gaze back to his father, a smile quirking the corners of his maw. “I would like that very much, Father,” he answered, tilting his head to the side, his eyes laughing with a dark humour. These skills would certainly be useful at some point in his life, whether in battle, or to make his point.

Mirage glared at her son, then at the stallion. Anger rose up within her, like a snake coiling, ready to strike. She hissed softly with frustration, throwing back her long tresses and stalking away proudly, locks billowing in the wind, not bothering to answer. They would see… She was not as helpless as they thought she was.
Back to top Go down
Erosaf

Erosaf

PostSubject: Re: Two for the price of one   Two for the price of one EmptyTue Mar 22 2011, 04:53

He chuckled, thinking to himself.. well at least it was thought to himself. Satan would you join us please?
Of course. Another to train is there?
Yes.
"That would be my grandfather, Satan... King of Hell itself. he'll be with us in amoment."
There was a chuckle and a winged demonic horse appeared. Earthy grey I guess you could call his main body, he's a perfect mixture of dragon, horse and demon. A dragon like tail with a wisp of white hair at the end, like a lion's. His almost steel grey hooves seem clawed and made of three sections. The rest of his legs are perfctly those of a horse., as is the rest of a normal horses body. His wings are again dragon like, the same colour as the rest of his body, just not scaly. They are very strongly muscled. Ivory maned he was, and it was long and flowing. Fangs for Canine teeth, these protruded severeal inches past his lower jaw. His eyes pure ivory, not a single hint of pupils at all. And two long ebony horns, like a Western dragons, protruded from the back of his head. forked like a snakes, his tongue was long and thin as well. His whole body has an eerie glow to it that seems unnatural.

Things suddenly seemed a lot warmer as the God appeared. "Ah so this is the land of Still Waters," Satan said darkly. His eyes roamed over the steaming lands. "I like the improvements you've made, Doitiean. You've used your powers well."

"Thank you, grandfather." Even though Doitiean had never shown respect even to his queen, Temia, he did bow his head to this horse.

"And who are these two?" satan asked, eyeing the mare and colt.

"My son, Valek and his mother... Mirage, former queen of The Demon's Swamp."
Back to top Go down
Saphira

Saphira

PostSubject: Re: Two for the price of one   Two for the price of one EmptyWed Mar 30 2011, 03:36

Valek raised his eyebrow in interest, an interested spark kindling in his dark eyes as he heard that interesting bit of news. Indeed, to have the king of Hell on your side would be a great benefit - both in battle or in life. It seems, he mused thoughtfully and dryly, I am descended from true royalty.

As the land began to heat up, Valek knew that the king was coming soon - and he did. Satan appeared in front of his slightly admiring eyes, before he once again hid the emotion behind locks and doors as he turned slightly to face Satan and his father, raising his head proudly. He wasn't ashamed of his lineage - his mother was a great queen, if weak, and his father was a proud warrior.

As his father introduced him, Valek stepped forward, inclining his head graciously but respectfully. "A please, Great-grandfather," he responded, a slightly cocky smirk on his maw as he hesitated at the long title. Valek's ebony locks fell into his onyx eyes, and the young colt shook them out, turning to face his mother as she was once again stopped at the verge of storming away.

Storm was right. A stormy fury burned in her brown eyes as she looked challengingly at the grey king. "I would say that it's a pleasure... But I'm afraid my parents taught me that it is wrong to lie," she snarled, voice mocking, supremely unafraid or in awe of the stallion. "Now... If you losers don't mind... I have much better things to do than to stand here talking to you."

Valek snickered slightly at his mother's heated speech, eyes glimmering with amusement as he watched her fume.
Back to top Go down
Erosaf

Erosaf

PostSubject: Re: Two for the price of one   Two for the price of one EmptyWed Mar 30 2011, 03:49

"Just where do you think you're going? Telling the truth would be a good idea right now." He glared at Mirage. There was nothing he hated more than someone saying things like that.

"I don't believe you can touch her anymore, grandson. Another stole her from you, so i guess that means she has to leave you now," Satan replied.

"Since when do we follow the rules?" the young black horse replied.

"Since those infernal arch angels are here, disguised as Alicorns," Satan replied scornfully. "They always show."

Soon though heavy wings could be heard on the wind as a young black pegusas, appeared and landed before them. "Greetings great king. I am Prinz des Fleuers, son of Donovan and Blatt der Flammen. I seek a place here in the land if that would be allowable?"

He knew his mare, Sara, would not be far behind him.

Doitiean regarded the older horse for a moment. "Come and join us, as the gamma of the lands. My son, Valek here, is betta until I die. Then you will become the betta, until an heir he has."
Back to top Go down
Saphira

Saphira

PostSubject: Re: Two for the price of one   Two for the price of one EmptyWed Mar 30 2011, 03:57

"Away," she snapped, infuriated, as she turned to glare. At the news she had not heard, Mirage's eyes flared with savage triumph and her lips curled upwards with a smirk. "Thanks for the news," she laughed breezily. "Thanks for the stay... But I'm afraid I'll be needing to leave soon," she said mockingly, staring at Doitiean and raising her head so it was above his.

The sound of wings could be heard, and both black horses' heads snapped up and looked into the sky, but quickly looked away. The mare that was descending - her pelt of fire was so bright, reflecting off the sun's rays that it hurt to look at her for too long.

Sara followed her king closely, landing with a soft thump, as she tucked her wings to her sides, the small blue flame gleaming in her horn. The fae stepped forward beside Prinz, eyes sweeping the small group assembled there, nodding to the king and to Satan, before turning to the colt, completely disregarding the other mare.

She glanced at Prinz, her eyes amused. "So this was the surprise?" she asked, smirking playfully.
Back to top Go down
Erosaf

Erosaf

PostSubject: Re: Two for the price of one   Two for the price of one EmptyWed Mar 30 2011, 04:02

Prinz sighed. "I told you I had found a place worthy of us," he said to Sara. "This would be Sara, my queen."

Doitiean snorted, then kicked out at Mirage. "Get you gone already. Scum." Then he looked at Sara and Prinz. "Welcome Sara, I am Doitiean, the king of Still Waters, and this is my son and heir,Valek."

"Doitiean has offered us the position of gamma under him, and betta under Valek, which I have accepted," Prinz added.

Doitiean kicked out at Mirage again. "Get out of here!"

"Sie ehren uns mit Ihrer Anwesenheit, meinen König," Prinz added, in the language of his mother's family. [you honor us with your presence, my king]
Back to top Go down
Saphira

Saphira

PostSubject: Re: Two for the price of one   Two for the price of one EmptyFri Apr 22 2011, 17:50

Laughing gleefully, Mirage tossed her head, rearing up and kicking out her front legs as she neighed triumphantly. Taking in a deep breath, the ebony mare summoned water - from within the land, from within the air, sending it straight towards the group of hellions that clustered in front of her. Not enough to hurt - just to irritate them. Then, with a last glance at Valek, standing silently and staring at her with unfathomable eyes, she bowed her head to him, sadness coating her heart, before she spun around and galloped out of the lands - forever.

Sara nodded flames blazing brightly as she tossed her head, staring disdainfully at Mirage as she retreated.Then, turning back to her mate and the king of this land, she nodded to him. "A pleasure to meet you," she said calmly.
Back to top Go down
Erosaf

Erosaf

PostSubject: Re: Two for the price of one   Two for the price of one EmptyFri Apr 22 2011, 23:01

A mini inferno evaporated the water before it hit them, Prinz des Flueur's own doing. He knew that there was no chance that was going to touch them, Donovan had trained it into him only too well how much the water was hated by his kind.

He only had to focus for a moment, skeletal wings outstretched as he focused his power on the wall of water, causing it to fall back where it belonged.

Satan laughed, his oddly snakey hiss of a laugh echoed for a few moments. "Well done, Prinz." He looked not at the black though, instead at his great grandson. "Come Valek, and let me train you to be as power as your father is."
Back to top Go down
Saphira

Saphira

PostSubject: Re: Two for the price of one   Two for the price of one EmptyFri May 06 2011, 18:46

Valek nodded at Satan's words, though he did not turn his head to acknowledge him. His dark eyes were narrowed, focused on the retreating figure of his dam as she galloped away. He stayed there for some time, his midnight eyes unfathomable, before turning to Satan with swift, lithe movements.

Inclining his head, he nodded. "Very well, Grandfather," he said calmly, eyes flashing. "I'll do you proud."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Two for the price of one   Two for the price of one Empty

Back to top Go down

Two for the price of one
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Freedom's Palace :: The Secret Valley :: Still Waters-
Jump to: