Freedom's Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New lands appear. New alliances are made. Darkness once more threatens the world.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Shattered?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Erosaf

Erosaf

Cash On Hand : 3216

Shattered? Empty
PostSubject: Shattered?   Shattered? EmptyTue Feb 22 2011, 15:25

They moved slowly through the trees, not knowing really if they were headed in the right direction. They had made very slow progress up the mountain path, and they hoped that the land they now saw before them was Ciera. It had been a long journey from what they had learnt was Alaknanda River, but Jinx had inadvertedly known where he was going.

Jinx was the leader of the four foals that stood together, and they had gotten a fair few frights on the way to Ciera. A mountain lion had been the worst of them, and Clovermead had barely gotten out of that one alive. She was lucky to still be with them, the lion had tried to take the rest of her already half misssing leg, and what remained of that leg was badly scratched and had several huge bite marks on it.

Still she knew that she had to keep coming. That mountain lion had only made them realise that they were in danger without an adult horse nearby. That was why they were coming here. Shattered had said that her king would help them stay safe, and they only hoped that it would be so. There were some things out here that they would not be able to defend themselves from.

They heard a rustling sound behind them, and the sound of heavy paws on the grass. Texas looked behind them and squealed in fright. Out leapt that same mountain lion, but the foals were already running from him, away from where they had been. As they moved though, and the lion was chasing them, Jinx called loudly, "Shattered! Help!"
Back to top Go down
http://www.nuban-aworldofchaos.proboards.com
Epona

Epona

Cash On Hand : 509

Shattered? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shattered?   Shattered? EmptyMon Mar 07 2011, 14:27

Grazing peacefully, her pure white pelt glittering in the sunlight, Shattered felt rather at peace. She had found a small group of foals only days ago and had told them to come here. She hoped they had made it in one piece, and that they would arrive soon. She was worried, yes, but she had not grown attached to them in an emotional way yet, so there was no true reason for her to fret that something horrible may happen to them.

As she grazed, she listened to the birds as they chattered in the trees around her, laughing to her self at some of their comments and some of the things they discussed, like the worms they had eaten yesterday. It was a rare gift, she had, to be able to understand animals and for them to be able to understand her. She was also able to control emotions.

Her ears were swiveling, catching the conversation of a group of geese overhead. They were discussing a small group of foals they had seen wandering. It pleased her that they were close by. But her heart instantly dropped as she heard the cry that followed shortly after. Her head shot up and she quickly looked in every direction, trying to pinpoint where the call had come from. Finally, she realized where it had come from and set off at a gallop in their direction.

The white mare seemed to be an angel as she slid to a stop between the children and the cougar. "Stop!" she demanded, her lavender eyes blazing with adrenaline. She did not feel anger or hatred, but simply disappointment in her animal friend. All animals were her friends, and she thought this one would have known better than to attack an equine in her presence. She snorted and stomped a hoof in to the ground, glaring at the cougar. "Leave my friends alone, big cat." The queen demanded, watching with relief as the mountain lion turned and left.

"Are you okay children?" she asked them, checking each of them over completely to make sure they were all in one piece and all unharmed. Clovermead had a few bites and scratches but they would heal just fine.

Back to top Go down
otho

Shattered? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shattered?   Shattered? EmptyFri Mar 18 2011, 21:11

Bás an olc

I looked up, my grey body shimmering slightly as dappled light danced over it. My ears flicked up as I heard the name of Shattered called, and her voice responding. Friends of Shattered? I thought, intrigued.

The third storm was coming, ever closer, ever the swirling blackness surrounded my mind, and my eyes saw the darkness ahead.

Light was speaking to me, among others, but it was to her I listened to. They are young, Bás an olc, there are four. The storm cannot be stopped when it hasn't begun, and friends will be needed. Divding and conquering is their goal, so uniting all is yours.

I shuddered a bit, before trotting towards the five others, my black mask shining with a thin film of sweat. The strain of listening to a single voice in the crowd that begged to be heard had always exacted a painful price from me, and this time was no different. Light, especially, was quiet, and it made it all the harder to hear her among all the rest.

"Hello, I'm Bás an olc," I said as I came upon the group, my socked feet stilling as I stopped, my mane and tail shining like snow. Grey eyes fixed themselves upon the four with interest. They weren't like me, and I could never be like them, but they were interesting none the less. Ocean Sun would likely seek their company sometime, and that was as it should be. None of them had to hear the voices all the time. None of them heard and even saw at times, their dead mother and father, speaking to them as clearly as the first dawn rays.

"My name means Death of Evil. I am the daughter of the Guardian of Wanderers, and a daughter of a storm beyond the seas." I paused, before shaking my head a bit. "Apologies, my father was Jegathema, the first rule of The Gemdas. My mother was one known as Hadley, who wandered within my father's lands. he was killed by a hellion called Exile, while my mother was killed in the battle against Corus." I was far too used to speaking in cryptic phrases it seemed.

I was only here in Ciera for a time, unfortunately. Eventually I'd have to leave again. I'd completed the training I had needed, and both Illusion and Ashton had provided me with valuable abilities. Shattered, however, was as close to my mother as anyone alive ever was."
Back to top Go down
Erosaf

Erosaf

Shattered? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shattered?   Shattered? EmptyTue May 17 2011, 14:30

"We'll be fine," one of them replied. They had been terrified of the huge mountain lion, but they knew there was nothing to be said about that. They had been looking after themselves for so long that it was not easy to be who they really were. The foals they had been when they had their motehrs would come back eventually but at the moment, they were too alert to their surroundings.

"Thank you, Shattered," Jinx added.
Back to top Go down
Epona

Epona

Shattered? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shattered?   Shattered? EmptyMon Jul 04 2011, 09:01

Her lavender eyes danced happily as she spotted Bas an Olc, the closest thing she had ever had to a daughter, and most likely ever would. It seemed Kiambu did not want his queen to bare a foal. That was his decision, for she did not mind either way.

"Come, come, let me take you where you can rest," she said softly, her white pelt shimmering in the sunlight as she led them in the direction of a shaded spot with thick, soft grasses. She looked back to make sure the five were coming, as well as Bas an Olc, and smiled to her self. It was good to have company. It seemed as if she never saw Kiam anymore. It saddened her but she knew that he was busy.
Back to top Go down
Erosaf

Erosaf

Shattered? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shattered?   Shattered? EmptyWed Jul 06 2011, 17:41

They followed after her, some of them slower than the others, but that was thanks to their own handicaps and that they had been travelling for so long. Clovermead in particular was tired, she'd been attacked, as well as already having lost part of one of her legs when Shattered had last seen her.

Because of this, the foals were slow, none of them wanted to leave each other alone at all.

OOC: going to timewarp next post, so I can get these guys going their seperate ways until the battle
Back to top Go down
Epona

Epona

Shattered? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shattered?   Shattered? EmptyWed Jul 20 2011, 22:32

ooc ;; okay, i'll jump ahead a bit.

Shattered raised her head from where it rested on the soft, green grass. Her lavender eyes blinked a few times, adjusting to the fresh, morning sunlight. Today was going to be a good day, she could feel it. However, where was her king? Where was her Kiambu?

Her adoptive children were scattered around her and she smiled. They had grown, and matured, and she could not be more proud of them. "Good morning, children!" she called softly to the wind, allowing it to carry her words to their ears.
Back to top Go down
Erosaf

Erosaf

Shattered? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shattered?   Shattered? EmptyWed Jul 20 2011, 23:12

Each of them had grown up a lot over the past few years. The girls had grown up to be strong and beautiful, well in Clovermead's case as strong and beautiful as a three and a half legged palomino filly could be.

The time was coming when they would all part ways, but they were not looking forwards to it. Though they had never met Kiambu, they felt like they had, occasionally Shattered had spoken of him.

"Morning, Shattered," Clovermead replied, she was never far away, she ahd always worried about the cougars that roamed the area. She never wanted to face one of them alone, they frightened her.
Back to top Go down
Epona

Epona

Shattered? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shattered?   Shattered? EmptyWed Jan 11 2012, 13:59

The glistening white mare rested her lavender eyes on Clovermead, her favorite of the foals that she had adopted. The three-legged palomino always managed to warm the queen's heart. "Today is the big day, isn't it, love?" Shattered said quietly, her eyes growing sad for a moment. It was time for them all to go their separate ways. She truly hoped at least one wouldn't leave, like Clovermead, but she knew that was more than she could actually ask for.

Maybe the children leaving was for the best and Kiam would give her an actual foal of her own.
Back to top Go down
Erosaf

Erosaf

Shattered? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shattered?   Shattered? EmptySat Jan 14 2012, 13:00

She sighed. "It is, though I do not think I will ever go far from here." Clovermead sighed. "I'm safe here, and I know that out there there would be few who would want me, despite my colour."
Back to top Go down
Epona

Epona

Shattered? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shattered?   Shattered? EmptyFri Feb 03 2012, 22:04

The queen smiled softly at the little palomino, knowing in her heart that though the filly had only three legs, she would be able to handle her self in the big world. Shattered thought back to the cougar attack when the foals had first arrived. Perhaps it was cougars that Clovermead was more afraid of.

"If ever a cougar tries to attack, simply look them in the eyes and tell them you will tell me they are misbehaving." She smiled. She would spread the word that her adoptive foals were setting out on their own and pray that the cougars would leave her children alone. There were many other equines that deserved to be attacked but her children were not deserving in the least.

It saddened her heart to know that she would rarely see them from now on, especially Clovermead. The queen had grown rather fond of the little mare and hoped that one day she would return and visit, or maybe live with the mate she chose.
Back to top Go down
Erosaf

Erosaf

Shattered? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shattered?   Shattered? EmptyFri Feb 03 2012, 22:14

She sighed, looking up at Shattered. She knew there were things out there that she ough to see, but she was not sure that a mare like her needed to be out where others were, where she was not so safe. A lot of stallions she'd heard from the wind looked down on a fae like her because she was permanently crippled.

Though she could run as well as any of her siblings now, she was slower than any other horse because her other front leg had to work for all of her weight. She always seemed to glow in the sunshine, but what she'd give to be whole again she knew not. She was too young, too inexperienced. Her brothers and sisters had had their fighting games, but she'd stood back and watched.

She was too gentle when it came ot fighting, and anyway, she couldn't fight even if she tried. "What should I do?" she asked. "I really don't know."
Back to top Go down
Epona

Epona

Shattered? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shattered?   Shattered? EmptySat Feb 04 2012, 00:30

Shattered was at a loss for words. It melted her heart to see the young mare struggling with such a decision. The white queen knew that every equine had to explore at least once. But her heart ached at the thought that the world would be too much for her. What if she didn't make it?

"Well, you could stay here with me and be alone and never birth a foal of your own." Shattered sighed to herself. She still had not given birth to her own foal. At this point she was considering allowing any stag to force her. Shattered wanted her own foal, another being of her own flesh and blood to teach and care for and watch it grow. Her lavendar eyes clouded with tears for a moment before she blinked them away.

"Or, you could go out there and take a risk! You never know what's going to happen until you do it! And if it's too much, you can always come back here for a while," She smiled warmly at her adopted daughter. It was tough to let go, tough to push her out of the nest, but Shattered knew it was indeed necessary.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Shattered? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shattered?   Shattered? Empty

Back to top Go down

Shattered?
Page 1 of 1