Freedom's Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New lands appear. New alliances are made. Darkness once more threatens the world.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

LOST LOVE, LOST HOPE

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Saphira

Saphira

Cash On Hand : 796

LOST LOVE, LOST HOPE Empty
PostSubject: LOST LOVE, LOST HOPE   LOST LOVE, LOST HOPE EmptyFri Feb 18 2011, 02:31

LOST LOVE, LOST HOPE

With a rapidly-beating heart, I stood stiffly, willing the welling tears not to show. The edges of my long, ivory dress fluttered gently in the evening wind. My clenched hands rested on the grey stone of the balcony’s parapet, the rough grey stone against my smooth, pale hands, colours contrasting vividly.

The sun was setting over my kingdom. From where I was standing, it had cast a warm, golden glow over the lush lands of Farevale. At this time, everything seemed to peaceful, so quiet, so still. It had always been my favourite time to the day, but after this, I doubted that I would ever feel the same way again.

A sudden increase in the flurry of activity in the already bustling courtyard caught my attention. Unwillingly, I cast my gaze downward – and instantly froze. He was coming out of the vast double doors, striding with firm, strong strides towards his convoy of men, all atop tall, black horses, the scarlet banners waving proudly. He paused beside his steed, eyes roving over the courtyard, as though trying to search out someone in the crowd. He seemed not to find the person, and a shadow marred his otherwise perfect features – or was it merely my wishful thinking that willed it to be so?

He was Prince Anthony Corbière of Jevan; I was Princess Evelyn d'Escalles of Farevale. From the moment we had met three short months ago, I had felt inexplicably drawn to him – and him to me. Our friendship had slowly progressed into something more. It had been the best three months of my life. Every small action – the holding of lands, brushing of shoulder – had seemed so intimate. Then, out of the blue, our happy bubble was shattered. A messenger from his father had arrived, recalling him back to his kingdom. He was to be married. One arranged for him since birth.

I guess I had never really questioned how our relationship would progress. I did think about the possibility of marriage, but it would have been too rushed, too unadvised, too sudden. My heart broke when I first heard the news. We had been together for months, but he had never deigned to tell me this little tidbit. Not once! I felt used, betrayed. I had immediately left the room after shouting furiously at him. We had not seen each other or spoken to each other since.

As I tugged my mind out of the misty memories and focused once more, I felt a jolt shoot up my spine. He was looking up directly at me, and as I lowered my head, our eyes met for a fleeting moment. Less than a second, but more than words could ever say passed between us then. Infinite regret and sorrow in his, and perhaps, a hint of a plea within. In mine, I was certain, he would see nothing but anger, sadness and betrayal.

The moment passed as I forced myself to break away from his intense gaze, deliberately looking away. It was over. I wanted nothing more to do between us. My breath hitched in my chest as the clatter of hoofbeats and the jingling of the bits sounded. Loud at first, but soon faded away. I refused myself that last look, until I was sure that I heard nothing from below. Only then, did I cast my gaze downwards.

The courtyard was empty. They had gone. He had left me for a woman he barely knew.

And me? I was left with the shattered pieces of my heart, a gaping hole where the once vibrant organ once lay. Slowly, my legs folded under me as I crumpled to the ground, burying my hands in the soft material of my gown. The ends of my auburn hair brushed my face.

Only then, did I allow myself to weep for the love there could have been, and the future, that never was.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Okay, so I wrote this in Chinese class when I was supposed to be paying attention >.< It wasn't my fault; she was too boring! I had this story swirling around in my head for days, irritating me to no end till I finally caved and wrote it down. Apparently, my sister said that it reminds her of Romeo and Juliet.

Comments and critiques are welcome! I don't really write human stuff very often... So I was wondering if it was okay?

Thanks(:

Last edited by Saphira on Fri Feb 18 2011, 03:01; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Erosaf

Erosaf

Cash On Hand : 3216

PostSubject: Re: LOST LOVE, LOST HOPE   LOST LOVE, LOST HOPE EmptyFri Feb 18 2011, 02:36

wow Saphira. You really should write human things more often for all of us to look at. This is almost as good as my own writing, if not better... yeah I know that makes no sense, but I loved that.

I reckon with a bit of work this could spread easily into a longer story... loved it and I want more!!!!!

Laughing
Back to top Go down
http://www.nuban-aworldofchaos.proboards.com
Saphira

Saphira

Cash On Hand : 796

PostSubject: Re: LOST LOVE, LOST HOPE   LOST LOVE, LOST HOPE EmptyFri Feb 18 2011, 03:01

Thanks so much, E!

*is elated*

Perhaps I should hone my human-writing skills more xD
Back to top Go down
Erosaf

Erosaf

Cash On Hand : 3216

PostSubject: Re: LOST LOVE, LOST HOPE   LOST LOVE, LOST HOPE EmptyFri Feb 18 2011, 03:09

yes I second that idea! Get to it, girly!
Back to top Go down
http://www.nuban-aworldofchaos.proboards.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: LOST LOVE, LOST HOPE   LOST LOVE, LOST HOPE Empty

Back to top Go down

LOST LOVE, LOST HOPE
Page 1 of 1