Freedom's Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New lands appear. New alliances are made. Darkness once more threatens the world.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Yearling Fun ((phantom))

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Erosaf

Erosaf

Cash On Hand : 3216

Yearling Fun ((phantom)) Empty
PostSubject: Yearling Fun ((phantom))   Yearling Fun ((phantom)) EmptySun Mar 03 2013, 13:16

She certainly preferred to eat the grass and other things around her, though it was not as nutritional for her. She was a skinny mare, but there was no chance she was going near the alternative, which was the better option for her. She could not stand blood, and she had been that way for a year now.

Every time her father had hunted something down to eat, she had bolted in the opposite direction, before he even broke the skin of the poor creature. It was something she really could not stand the smell of, and she knew that her father likely wondered about that. He had never asked her if something was wrong.

Her mother though on the other hand was alright about it. Erosaf had often taken her kills up into the sky or somewhere that Cynder would not be able to smell them.

Now that Cynder was a year old though, she had started to wander away from the herd a little. She did not always come home at night either. She was starting to explore on her own, and she was starting to enjoy having that freedom to do so without needing her parents.

She did wonder though at times, why her father hated Spyro so much. Once or twice already that spring, she had visited Spyro and Tambourine in Timeless Sands, and she could not imagine why her brother was hated so much by their father.

Sighing she trotted through the woods, heading towards a favourite cliff she had in the lands. Suddenly she felt a curious prickling feeling on the sides of her withers and she snorted in fright. She turned to look around. Something was growing?

“What on earth!” She was rather frightened. What was happening to her? She was a fair way from the herd too.
Back to top Go down
http://www.nuban-aworldofchaos.proboards.com
.:Phantom:.

Cash On Hand : 1479

PostSubject: Re: Yearling Fun ((phantom))   Yearling Fun ((phantom)) EmptySun Mar 03 2013, 15:26

Silent winds carried throughout the forest, slinking through the pines and over the rippling pond. All was calm and still. As was the stag that stood high upon the highest peak, looking down as snow fell, even though it was the heart and soul of summer. It had always been temperate in the forest and always had mild weather, snowing in particular regions all year long - he liked it. Maybe that was because he couldn't feel the cold in his lifeless, non-beating heart.

Flaming silver tassels laid easily upon his thick neck, which was arched out as he listened and waited to hear his prey. It was a wandering hellion. One that had strayed far too far from their homelands. And his hunger was just flaring up.

He was out in the countryside of the terrain and sensed his child was just a couple miles away from. Good. Perhaps, she would like to feast with him when he brought down the kill. The young hellion sensed the danger and began to walk away, but it was too late. Amani was upon her and sucked some of the life from her, just enough to paralyze her for the feast. With his fangs bared into her neck, he dragged her a few miles quickly to where his child was and smiled as he dropped her dead before her feet. "I could tell you were close! So I snagged us both a meal. Nice, succulent blood. I shall let you feast first, if you wish," he said brightly, going up to his daughter and giving her a slight nudge.

Sometimes, he got the feeling that she preferred not the blood - but, that had to be silly! Of course, all vampires and half vampires loved blood. It was simply of their nature to do so.

Back to top Go down
Erosaf

Erosaf

PostSubject: Re: Yearling Fun ((phantom))   Yearling Fun ((phantom)) EmptySun Mar 03 2013, 15:34

She blinked as she heard her father coming towards her, but she realised he was not alone. Someone else was with him, but it did not sound like they had chosen to be. Because of that, she shied away when she saw the mare he had with him, snorting in fright, before cantering away, annoyed by the itching feeling on her withers. Blood she could not stand at all, and that was why she fled away from him.

She did not understand why he had thought she would be hungry. Sure, she always was, but she would never hurt another creature just so she would not be hungry! For a second she was not looking where she was going and she fell into the river, giving a terrified neigh as she felt the water around her. “Help!”
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Yearling Fun ((phantom))   Yearling Fun ((phantom)) EmptySun Mar 03 2013, 16:24

Dammit thought the robust stag as he saw his daughter run away. It seemed she had not wanted to feed since she had been birthed, and it was not healthy for a youthful, growing fae not to consume any food that her type consumed. Both her mother and himself drank from the blood of others - mostly animals, but if an unlucky dark creature was lurking about why pass up the opportunity. As she ran away, he shrugged, licking his lips as he quickly devoured the blood of the fae before running off after her.

As he ran after her, he noticed a knob on the top of her withers. Oh great, the wings are coming in he thought to himself, using his vampire speed to quickly catch up to her. With a puff, he had caught up to her. He noticed the river. She did not and fell plunging into the raging bit of the Snowy River.

Heroically, he jumped in after her, swimming to the rescue as his strong pillars swam against the current of a thousand horses. With his nose, he nudged her onto his back and carried her back to the shore, dropping her upon the muddy banks easily.

"What were you doing? Do you not like the taste of true blood?" he asked, crimson eyes swirling with confusion.
Back to top Go down
Erosaf

Erosaf

PostSubject: Re: Yearling Fun ((phantom))   Yearling Fun ((phantom)) EmptySun Mar 03 2013, 16:32

She coughed for several moments as her father got her out of the river. Why had she not seen that river coming before she fell into it? Normally she managed not to fall in, since she knew she did not like water. It was something she feared.

Then he asked the question, and she snorted softly. “Not only the taste father… but the smell as well,” she admitted. Suddenly she had the urge to roll over, and itch her back, but that did not help with the itchy spots on her withers. She was terrified and she had no idea why. “What’s happening to me?” she asked. “I hurt… but it’s not because of the vampire thing…”

She trembled in fright. “I just want to be a normal horse! Not a vampire or anything else!” Besides she managed alright with eating the grass and things. She did not understand why she had to hunt others.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Yearling Fun ((phantom))   Yearling Fun ((phantom)) EmptyThu Mar 07 2013, 13:32

A sigh rolled off of the ebony stag's lips. That one day, he had not wished to be what he was today; a bloodthirsty killer with no remorse to those lives he decided to take. It wasn't his choice, and there were very few times in one's life where choosing was an option. Later, he had described it as the hand of fate descending upon him during dark times to save his soul from impurity in death. Now, death had been prolonged by the spotted stag. Hate. Oh, he hated him so much! Just to take everything away from the stag would be his wish, his goal of all lives and deaths.

Ignoring her comments about vampirism, he looked to her back. Ah, yes, the wings. "Those, my darling, are wings. They came from your mother at a young age," he said with a nod. And your brother as well he thought but didn't say anything because he cared not to speak of his pitiful son. They had spoken a few times, but most of those times had gone badly. Amani couldn't understand how his son could be such a failure, an idiot, when he had excellent parents.

"A vampire is what you are. Half vampire. You cannot change what you are. But if you choose not to drink blood to make you strong, I cannot force you. Death is the only thing that cures vampirism. And you, too, will become immortal like us when you reach two years of age. You are not a mortal," he said, knowing that telling her the truth right off was much better than hiding it. Eventually, she would have to give into her fears of drinking blood and nourish herself. "There are several vampire clans about. Mine, Thowra's, Ganymede's...You are not the only half-vampire. Seraphine is also. And from what I hear, she rather enjoys blood," he said, trying to explain that there were others in her state.
Back to top Go down
Erosaf

Erosaf

PostSubject: Re: Yearling Fun ((phantom))   Yearling Fun ((phantom)) EmptySun Mar 31 2013, 13:09

The young filly shuddered. "Well I hate it!" she replied, stomping one hoof. She hated being part vampire, and she always would. Why had they had to cause this to be the life she was going to have to lead for the rest of her existance! She got no choice in the matter at all. Had her mother known that this was what would happen to her?

"I think its my choice whether i drink it or not!" She really did not want such a thing, and the thought about the wings she was starting to grow was something that had been completely forgotten right now. Why must they try and get her to see things their way so much?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Yearling Fun ((phantom))   Yearling Fun ((phantom)) EmptySun Mar 31 2013, 13:17

There would be no convincing in this situation, the ebony stag found soon enough. What worried him is that she would become far too weak without the blood to sate her hunger and give her nutrients. Forever would his other child be weak due to malnutrition - and she was supposed to be the strongest of his children. He could see it in her eyes that they shared the same stubborn, defiant spirit. "We cannot choose the path that life has given to us, we can only accept it. If there was a way to cure you, I would have done it. But there is no way. I know of only one creature that could possibly cure you...a water elemental unicorn. Perhaps, you should seek her out," he said, flicking his fiery whipcord nonchalantly.

It certainly was her choice, but if she wanted to survive, she had best drink the blood. Amani wasn't even sure if the purifier of the council could fix the youthful child - if it could be done, the elemental was the only one who could do it. It was said a few years ago that she could sift through the blood of a creature and remove the toxins within in due to her ability to move water within the body. Perhaps, she could help his daughter.

After all, he would rather have her to be mortal and happy until the end of her life than unhappy for eternity.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Yearling Fun ((phantom))   Yearling Fun ((phantom)) Empty

Back to top Go down

Yearling Fun ((phantom))
Page 1 of 1