Freedom's Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New lands appear. New alliances are made. Darkness once more threatens the world.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

We Seek Sanctuary [Erosaf]

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Saphira

Saphira

Cash On Hand : 796

We Seek Sanctuary [Erosaf] Empty
PostSubject: We Seek Sanctuary [Erosaf]   We Seek Sanctuary [Erosaf] EmptyMon Feb 11 2013, 21:47

It had started, like most other times, with the sound of thundering hoofbeats. Already a light sleeper - a trait bourne from necessity - Valjean had immediately woken in the dead of the night. Keen black eyes had sought out the galloping shape - Javert, he realised with a chill of horror. Had the other already caught up with them?

"Cosette!" Valjean whispered urgently into the sleeping filly's ear, before nudging the pale, ghostly shape upon the ground, bright against the darkness of the night. "Cosette, sweetheart. We have to go!"

And go they did. His adopted daughter, Cosette, a filly of only a year old, was well trained. She had instantly scrambled up, hooves hitting the ground running, and the pair had dodged and weaved through trees and foliage, swum across rivers, until they had reached the mountains. Surely, Javert would not be able to find them here, deep within the wilderness, in these barren, imposing mountains.

Valjean glanced down at his daughter in worry. Already, the young one was tiring rapidly. Her flanks were heaving feverishly, nostrils flared to the maximum as she swayed on her hooves. And yet still, the following hoofbeats thundered in the not-so-distant distance.

The grey stallion threw his head up in despair, rearing and calling for the reigning stallion of this land to appear before them to guide them in.

"Sanctuary!" the stallion neighed, dropping back to the ground with a clatter of hooves, his darling Cosette pressed close to his side. "We plead Sanctuary. For God's sake, man, hurry!"

The hoofbeats were louder than ever in his ears. Valjean flipped his mane out his eyes impatiently, desperately hoping that they had not cut it too close.
Back to top Go down
Erosaf

Erosaf

Cash On Hand : 3216

PostSubject: Re: We Seek Sanctuary [Erosaf]   We Seek Sanctuary [Erosaf] EmptyMon Feb 11 2013, 21:54

Wildfire had already heard the noise coming. He had been close to the borders even as it was. He did not stop the two trying to get in, when he saw the young filly, instead he glared straight at the horse following after them.

"Who dares disrupt the peace of Charmed Heaven!" he exclaimed, glaring at the oncoming horse. There was still a lot of strength in the aging body, and there was no chance he was going to let some younger brute get past him. No, he knew what to do. He glanced at the two that were now safely behind him. He saw Anata coming towards them. "Trust tthe wolf young ones, she'll get you omewhere safe in our homeland."

He turned his attention on the horse still coming towards him.

Anata padded towards the two newcomers. "Hello. I'm Anata, leader of the wolves here. Wildifre is the king of this place."
Back to top Go down
http://www.nuban-aworldofchaos.proboards.com
Saphira

Saphira

PostSubject: Re: We Seek Sanctuary [Erosaf]   We Seek Sanctuary [Erosaf] EmptyMon Feb 11 2013, 22:11

Valjean's eyes had blazed with a mixture of gratitude and relief, as he swiftly nudged the young filly forward, urging him across the border of the land with no mean amount of haste. He himself had hovered behind the delicate white filly protectively, giving her a reassuring nod and smile when she had paused, wary of the strange creature that was awaiting the pair.

The tall stallion gave a respectful nod to the fiery stallion defending them and his land as he had passed him. His flanks heaving, he had nodded at his words, and then to the wolf, moving forward until he stood a little in front of his daughter in all but blood.

"An honour, Sir," Valjean responded breathlessly, ears flicking backward when he heard the hoofbeats come abruptly to a stop outside the land. "I am Jean Valjean - call me Valjean. And this is my adopted daughter, Cosette."

The white filly nodded shyly, hiding behind the large body of her father. Even though they had been inside the land, they were still able to hear the long bellow of frustration released by her pursuer.

"Go explore, Cosette darling," he murmured affectionately, nuzzling her flank. "Stay within sight."

Obediently, the filly immediately raced to the wolf, standing beside the creature and staring with wide eyes.

"Wow! You're a wolf? I've never seen one before!" she exclaimed softly, eyes still wide with awe and amazement.

With Cosette sufficiently occupied, Valjean had stepped forward to stand beside the stallion. He could not, in good conscience, run away to safety and let another get hurt defending him and his. He met the dark, angry gaze of Javert, and the black horse reared angrily, tossing his head.

"You dare defend him?" Javert demanded, angry and outraged. "You know not who he is! Valjean was Prisoner 24601 under my watch. He is a thief and will always remain one! He broke parole and escaped - let me bring him back to face the Courts and see that justice will be served!"

Back to top Go down
Erosaf

Erosaf

PostSubject: Re: We Seek Sanctuary [Erosaf]   We Seek Sanctuary [Erosaf] EmptyMon Feb 11 2013, 22:17

Wildfire snorted as if he could care less what other was stated to be. “I see a stallion with a young filly, nothing more,” he replied. “And right now, he is my territory; therefore you have no way of getting to him, whoever you are. Over Charmed Heaven, I rule supreme!”

He knew the other had come back over to where they were and he wished he had not. “You might be new to Freedoms Palace for I've not seen the likes of you here, before, but when it comes to the individual territories in this world, it is the lead stallion of each area that has the outright say over everything!”

His ears went back and the flames on his neck grew, flickering angrily.

Anata smiled. “Yes, I am. My name is Anata, little one,” she replied. The wolf was happy enough keeping an eye on the young foal.
Back to top Go down
Saphira

Saphira

PostSubject: Re: We Seek Sanctuary [Erosaf]   We Seek Sanctuary [Erosaf] EmptyMon Feb 11 2013, 22:35

Even as Javert's eyes glittered coldly and furiously, Valjean's own widened with gratitude and disbelief, before softening. No one, save the Priest whom had turned his life around, had ever shown him that much kindness, nor had they ignored this Prisoner status in favour of seeing who he truly was - just a father trying to care for his daughter.

With that sentence alone, Wildfire had stolen his unwavering loyalty. He knew that, like the Priest, he would do anything for the stallion that had spoken up for him so determinedly, despite the danger that he was in. Sure, Valjean could see the fire flickering down his red pelt, but Javert himself had trained with the best, and was not without fighting skills himself.

As Wildfire had said, this land was his to do as he wanted. So, Valjean was content to remain a silent but imposing figure at his side, giving his support in nothing but silence.

The silvery-grey stallion could see Javert's eyes grow cold and dark, as the black stallion bared his teeth in fury. Wildfire had spoken the magic words. Javert, for all his flaws, would never break a law, even for this. So, the black stallion could only hover at the border of the land, impotently angry, as he met the crimson gaze of its leader.

"Very well," he replied stiffly, after a moment of stifling tension. "It seems that I have wronged, in this instance. I apologise," he said through gritted teeth, executing a shallow bow to Wildfire.

His eyes then slid over to Valjean, who had to stifle his own dread at the cool determination that glinted in the black stallion's eyes.

"I know where you are now, 24601. You put one foot out of this land, and you're mine!"

With that, Javert spun around gracefully, galloping off into the darkness. Silence reigned once more.

With a sigh of relief, Valjean turned and bowed deeply to Wildfire, beckoning his daughter over to him.

"Good day, Sir. As I have mentioned to your Alpha wolf, I am Valjean, and this is my adopted daughter, Cosette. I - We - ae very grateful for what you did," the stallion said lowly, before looking up and looking at the stallion directly in his eyes.

"I know that we have barely met, and by coming here, I have brought danger upon you and yours. However, I humbly request that you give me leave to reside in this land, with my daughter and any others I might choose to include in my family. Also, I would wish to repay your kindness, by supporting you and defending your territory by your side as your Beta, if that position is still open?" he asked, warily tensing as though he was once more expecting rejection from this stallion, as so many others had.
Back to top Go down
Erosaf

Erosaf

PostSubject: Re: We Seek Sanctuary [Erosaf]   We Seek Sanctuary [Erosaf] EmptyMon Feb 11 2013, 22:43

Anata growled softly, before springing after Javert, chasing him away. "Don't you even think about it!" If he so much as touched a hair on the newcomer's hide, then he would have her pack to deal with. She snapped at his heels as a warning before heading back to her territory.

Wildfire watched for a few moments what happened from Anata and chuckled. "it would seem Anata likes your daughter, valjean>' He paused. "That title though is yours until my queen has my foal. Once that foal grows up you'll have to fall to Gamma, I am afraid."
Back to top Go down
Saphira

Saphira

PostSubject: Re: We Seek Sanctuary [Erosaf]   We Seek Sanctuary [Erosaf] EmptyMon Feb 11 2013, 22:57

Cosette giggled in delight as she watch the wolf spring after the rapidly disappearing horse, snapping and gnashing at his heels with a savage intent. The ethereal filly squealed in excitement as she chased after the wolf, ignoring Valjean's wry shaking of his head.

Meeting the canine just as she entered the territory once more, Cosette capered around the other creature, uncommonly delighted to have another to play with, for the first time in a long, long time.

Valjean shook his head in fond amusement, even as his orbs were sad. The constant running and hiding had not let Cosette have the steady, stable environment she had needed to flourish and bloom into a young mare. Hopefully, he prayed, turning back to Wildfire, this new land would give him the chance he needed to raise his daughter well.

"Thank you," she stallion breathed, relief lighting in his eyes, even as he bowed a second time to Wildfire - his King, now. "That is not a problem," he assured Wildfire quickly, simply grateful to have a place to stay. "I am thankful that you would let us remain here, in spite of the danger I might cause."

Quietly, he called Cosette over. The filly soon abandoned her game with Anata, promptly trotting over to stand by his side.

"Thank you for your time. We shall not disturb you and keep you from your business any longer," he nodded, as he swept Cosette to his side and turned to go. To explore the land with his daughter and spend some much-needed family time with her.

Back to top Go down
Erosaf

Erosaf

PostSubject: Re: We Seek Sanctuary [Erosaf]   We Seek Sanctuary [Erosaf] EmptyMon Feb 11 2013, 23:09

Anata smiled. "If you want someone to play with once in a while, I'm sure my pups would be more than happy, Cosette." she chuckled, before running off into the bush once more, disappearing from sight back to where her den was.

wildfire smiled. 'All i can do." he headed off into the bush.
Back to top Go down
Saphira

Saphira

PostSubject: Re: We Seek Sanctuary [Erosaf]   We Seek Sanctuary [Erosaf] EmptyMon Feb 11 2013, 23:12

- END THREAD -
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: We Seek Sanctuary [Erosaf]   We Seek Sanctuary [Erosaf] Empty

Back to top Go down

We Seek Sanctuary [Erosaf]
Page 1 of 1