Freedom's Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New lands appear. New alliances are made. Darkness once more threatens the world.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Subherd or more???

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Erosaf

Erosaf

Cash On Hand : 3216

Subherd or more??? Empty
PostSubject: Subherd or more???   Subherd or more??? EmptyFri Feb 03 2012, 22:44

He was a young horse, but not quite in his prime. Having said goodbye to his older brother, Thowra, for the mean time, the dark bay horse moved through the lands, ever roaming. He had a goal though, the eautiful land of Black Sands. How could a land have black sand? Thowra had never given him an answer other than that Predator Flacon, the former king had found it that way and that he had been the one that called it Black Sands.

Thowra had also informed him of the fact that Falcon was no longer the leader of Black Sands. But a black and white stallion by the name of Walker was the leader now. It had been a reindly change of hands though, and that was something that was uncommon these days. There was so much that Storm had learnt from his older brother, and he knew now that Thowra was one of the wisest of the horses alive now, he'd seen so much, and yet he never changed.

The bay shook his head as he cantered towards the land, Thowra had given him a clear route to the other terra, they were allies it turned out. The mountains he left behind easily, enjoying the places that he saw as he set out on his route. Pausing for a moment, at the brink of a wide expanse of black sand he looked back in the direction he had come. He could only just see the land he'd left several days ago, and there was a tiny blur of silver in front of it. Thowra was watching.

Sighing, he started forwards uncertainly.
Back to top Go down
http://www.nuban-aworldofchaos.proboards.com
Epona

Epona

Cash On Hand : 509

Subherd or more??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Subherd or more???   Subherd or more??? EmptySat Feb 04 2012, 00:24

Sunlight trickled down from the blue skies about and warmed the black spots of Walker's hide. His blue eyes were closed while his head was lowered, munching on a few green shoots of grass as the edge of the black sand beach. The queen of this land was heavily on his mind, his heart missing her by his side and his eyes missing the beautiful sight of her night-sky coat. He raised his head and side, chewing slowly and thoughtfully on the few pieces of grass he had brought up.

It hadn't occurred to him that he needed to protect this land. Perhaps he should be patrolling the borders, or out searching for others to recruit to protect his land. Walker didn't have enemies, and thus did not need to worry about meaningless things such as guards or patrolling. He would much rather relax and enjoy the sun and the sound of the waves.

A new scent caught his nose and his ears went forward tensely. Maybe I should rethink that, he thought to himself, and set off at a canter, spraying the obsidian sand in his wake. The king slid to a stop before the intruder, his blue eyes dancing with curiosity. This one didn't seem like a threat, or anything other than a possible new friend. But then again, looks could be very deceiving.

"Hello, stranger," Walker said, his black and white head held high with a smile dancing on his features. "What brings you to my humble home?" He was not going to demand an explanation for the intrusion or force the stallion to leave. Perhaps this stag was a friend waiting to be had. Walker was friendly, sometimes too friendly, and he always gave equines more chances and more trust than they deserved.

Back to top Go down
Erosaf

Erosaf

Subherd or more??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Subherd or more???   Subherd or more??? EmptySat Feb 04 2012, 13:12

The blay head lifted as he heard another coming towards him. What could he say other than the truth of the matter? And how would he possibly go about that? For he knew there was a good chance that this was the king coming to meet him, no one else would come, Thowra had said, to see what his business within the land was.

Curiousity did kill the cat, he knew, but he was not a threat to Walker. The flames on his neck shortened with his freindly body language, they were there but not enough to do any damage to anything that moved or lived within the land. He hoped this would be a good thing when it came to Walker.

"Greetings, Walker," he replied, bowing his head lightly. He knew it was best to be polite when you were seeking a home to call your own. It was one of the things that Thowra had taught him. "A freind of mine, and of yours, sent me in this direction when he heard I had no home. He thought there might be a place for me here, at Black Sands."
Back to top Go down
Epona

Epona

Subherd or more??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Subherd or more???   Subherd or more??? EmptySat Feb 04 2012, 15:56

The blue eyed king looked the stallion over, taking in his mane and tail of flames and wondering if he really did pose as a threat. Walker decided it would be best to give him the benefit of the doubt and pushed the slight apprehension to the back of his mind. "And who would this friend of yours be?" He asked, wondering who it could be. He knew few in this kingdom, only Falcon and a few others that he had come across in his travels to this land.

Perhaps one of his allies had sent him this way. Did they think he was weak and wouldn't survive the way without more herd members? He surely hoped not, because he didn't want any one to think less of him.

Back to top Go down
Erosaf

Erosaf

Subherd or more??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Subherd or more???   Subherd or more??? EmptySat Feb 04 2012, 21:27

He chuckled. "My half brother, Thowra, of Snowy River Forest," the bay replied. "He thought I might like this land as a home, seeing as I was intrigued by how it came to have black sand."

The bay smiled.
Back to top Go down
Epona

Epona

Subherd or more??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Subherd or more???   Subherd or more??? EmptySat Feb 04 2012, 21:40

The stag nodded at Storm's words. "Thowra is an ally of mine. What were you looking for here?" Walker presumed it was for a home, as Storm had clearly stated. But did he have other motives?

ooc ;; sorry, im losing muse for this thread! haha.
Back to top Go down
Erosaf

Erosaf

Subherd or more??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Subherd or more???   Subherd or more??? EmptySat Feb 04 2012, 21:47

"A place to call home, until such a time when I can get my own land to rule," he replied. He smiled at the other. "I doubt I will enver have a land to really call my own though." He was optimistic about it though.
Back to top Go down
Epona

Epona

Subherd or more??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Subherd or more???   Subherd or more??? EmptySun Feb 05 2012, 17:41

Walker listened to his words and nodded. It was quite a slim chance that there would ever be any lands available in this kingdom again. It was only by chance that he ahd been here when Falcon had qished to resign. "You are welcome to stay, as long as you have no evil tendencies or allies that I need to worry about."
Back to top Go down
Erosaf

Erosaf

Subherd or more??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Subherd or more???   Subherd or more??? EmptySun Feb 05 2012, 17:48

"never before have I strayed so far from my brothers lands. He is the only ally I have," Storm replied with a grin.
He paused. "Thank you Walker. Your kindness is much appreciated."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Subherd or more??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Subherd or more???   Subherd or more??? Empty

Back to top Go down

Subherd or more???
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Freedom's Palace :: The Coast :: Black Sands-
Jump to: