Freedom's Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New lands appear. New alliances are made. Darkness once more threatens the world.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Let the Memory Live again [Kanny]

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Saphira

Saphira

Cash On Hand : 796

Let the Memory Live again [Kanny] Empty
PostSubject: Let the Memory Live again [Kanny]   Let the Memory Live again [Kanny] EmptySun Dec 25 2011, 23:12

MOONLIGHT SONATA

Wind whispered lightly over the emerald grass and ruffled the otherwise still waters of the river. There were those who believed that this particular river was the source of all life and love. Many traveled for eons and over vast distances simply to catch a glimpse of these supposedly mystical waters. Legend had it that even the tiniest sip of the waters of the sacred rivers would bless the drinker with true love; with the finding of their soul mates. Others believed that it would bless them, miraculously, with a foal. The aura of peace, love and contentment surrounding this lush area was enough to reinforce their beliefs, and as a result, this place was often crowded with equines of all kind. Most of them were young, love struck stallions and young mares dreaming of true love, imagining that love was a smooth-sailing stream.

I shook my head in exasperation, shimmering, blue tresses floating above my neck and just above my hocks. It was night time, and the land was finally quiet. The creatures of the day were finally settling down to sleep and rest, while I was wide awake. A pure, white beam of moonlight shaded the ground into radiant silver, casting its haunting glow over me. Instead of feeling exposed, like I had a spotlight on me, I felt strong. Recharged. Closing my eyes, the blue mist hovering over me and hiding my true form, I raised my head to Mother Moon, feeling the pure moonlight wash over my slate, purplish bodice, feeling the raw energy and potential soak into every pore of my body. I rarely needed sleep. Being in the moonlight was more than enough. I was sure that my dulled, emerald eyes had brightened to a starry glow, and my unkempt pelt had become silky smooth once again. I raised my wings, reveling in the cool, night breeze as they caressed my downy feathers and whipped the mist around me.

I was shielding now. Those that were still awake would see nothing but a glowing blue mist, moving at a sedate pace along the river side. Tilting my head upwards, I saw that my presence here had turned the silvery moon blue. A rare occurrence for those of this land, seeing that I have never come here before. Would they be fearful? Would they be amazed? This was not all of my powers; they were simply the ones which I used the most often.

I glanced around, my lip curling slightly at the sight of all the equines. About only half were from this land. The rest were from distant lands, some which I had visited in the past. These fools really believed the legends of Alaknanda River? They believed that coming here would enable them to find true love? I shook my head, walking past them, stirring the leaves on the ground. Poor things. Most would end up disappointed and disillusioned. Few ever found their soul mates. It was time for them to wake up and face reality.

I kept my breathing quiet and even, not wanting to wake any of the dreaming horses. Pausing under a sycamore tree, I looked down into the river, seeing my reflection for the first time in eons. A grey-black pelt, sleek and shiny as slate was on her bodice. On my right hind leg, a soft purple patch with a pale crescent moon. I has a bluish tinge on her pelt. The wings on my back are wide and richly-feathered, allowing me to swoop easily into the sky at will. The eyes that stared back scrutinising at me are a pale forest green. Around my neck hangs something like an armored plate with the symbol of the moon engraved on it. On my head, there is something that looks like an armored plate too. My mane and tail so not seem defined - blue, sparkling mist wafting about my neck and hind legs. A bluish aura surrounds me, till I almost seem to be stepping out of the mist. As I watched, my eyes involuntarily hardened again, turning cold. My mood was something I could never control. It waxed and waned, unpredictable as the wind.

I could be caring and loving, and just as easily, I could do an about-turn and be hateful and merciless. I didn’t feel any resentment. Instead, I welcomed the feeling, the loss of control. Being centuries old gave you too much time to think. Most of the time, I didn’t. I went with the flow, according to my moods. There were a few, during the new moon, who I felt an urging to kill, to maim. So I did. And I feel no regret. And then again, there were those whom I’ve helped and healed, on the urging of my mood or whatever you want to call it. Few know me. And even fewer get to talk to me.

Closing my eyes, I inhaled a deep breath of the pine-scented air, conjuring forth from my mind an illusion of a beautiful maiden on the opposite end of the clearing. I was sure all the stallions would be captivated by her, focusing on her instead of the pulsing ball of sparkling blue mist hovering on the other side.

I wasn’t quite sure why I had come. Love? No, not really. Companionship? Perhaps, perhaps not. I wasn’t the type to suffer fools gladly. The stallions who were worthy of my presence would be able to see through the illusion and the shadow cloaking my true form, seeing me in my true shape. Even then, I could not be sure that I liked them and they suited me. Those who approached had better be worthy and have a good reason for disturbing my peace, or else bear the consequences of my wrath.

This was the true me. One that no one knew about. They portray me as a kind soul, as a heartless monster. Nobody has ever stopped to think that perhaps, I am both.

(OOC: Realised I had a thread with her that was never finished xD Just say that both stallions could see through her illusion~)

Back to top Go down
Kanchana
Admin
Kanchana

Cash On Hand : 1636

PostSubject: Re: Let the Memory Live again [Kanny]   Let the Memory Live again [Kanny] EmptyMon Dec 26 2011, 02:22

Deranged giggles drew the sleeping worlds attention to the blue hued wolf, muttering, giggling and stumbling all at the same time would make one think that he would make a lot of noise. No? Perhaps that was why the mad wolf was still alive today, for despite the endless mumble of crazy giggles he was silent.

No patter of paws. No clack of claws. Not even a rare crunch of teeth as his fangs knocked heads.

Silence was deadly in this world of the wild. Especially when the one who was silent was completely insane.

He ran at a headlong pace, not at all the often seen graceful stride but rather legs and paws flying in all directions at the same time. Tounge lolled from his maw, flopping against the slight breeze from the night sky as he clumbered along. But as quickly and as quietly as he moved, he skidded to a sudden halt, not even grunting in pain as he fell face first into the dirt. But even was he fell, his bright blue eyes remained trained upon the very thing that had captured his attention.

The Moon.

The Blue Moon.

"The moon," he whispered in awe before a harsh giggle escaped him "the moon is blue!" he crowed with delight, falling to the ground once more in a fit of giggles, though no one else would be able to understand such humor behind it.

As quickly as the fit began, it passed and he was once more on the move. More purposeful then before, he moved straight and in a stalk-like fashion. Crouched and unblinking, he focused on his target. This one wasn't going to get away. Springing from the bushes, a gurgle of laughter escaped him once more as the claws sunk into the unmarked hide of a beautiful mare. Glee showed clearly as the dark red droplets sprung to the surface and the once perfect hide turned into a cut mess.

His maw clasped around the fat of her neck, the long fangs sinking deeply into the dark pelt.
"Gotcha," he managed to cry in triumph around his bloody maw, sinking in his front claws as well as his hind legs.

Back to top Go down
http://shadowsofthedeep.forumotion.com
Saphira

Saphira

PostSubject: Re: Let the Memory Live again [Kanny]   Let the Memory Live again [Kanny] EmptyMon Dec 26 2011, 03:43

I sighed, moving languidly about the small clearing that I had chosen to remain in. Who, by the Moon, had I even come here? It would be a complete waste of time. Much like it was years and years and years ago. The few stallions who had passed were already eying her with greedy interest and the desire to possess in their eyes. I rolled my eyes at them, making my body spark with power, ensuring that they saw the raw power and flinty hardness in my eyes. They quickly scampered off. Each and every one. None were truly interested.

There had been one, though, many years ago. I’d fallen head over heels in love with the handsome rogue that wooed me with flowery words and gentle caresses. I’d thought the world of him, and I… I’d thought he thought the world of me too. I was willing to do anything for him. Then one day, it happened. I had caught him with another mare, heard him confessing his love for her.

I’d left the very same day. I’d never opened my heart again. All stallions were the same. Shallow-hearted brutes.

I pawed at the ground, feeling with earthy roughness beneath my hooves, smelling the rich scent of the soil. The moon was setting; my power was quickly waning. As always, it was a shock to have the moon’s supply of power cut off from her. A certain numbness that would creep over her body. She was the most vulnerable then; that and when it was the time of the new moon.

I stretched my wings, tossing my head back and feeling the wispy cloud of my mane drift behind me. Arching my neck and settling my weight on my hind legs, I prepared to launch myself into the air, ready to leave the burdens and sorrows behind my on the ground.

I pushed; and then, I felt the most excruciating pain on my back. Nearly blind with shock, I reared, massive wings snapping open and I bucked and kicked. Anything, anything, to get rid of the heavy creature on my back. Screaming with fury, infuriated with my weakness of the moon-set, I shook myself vigourously from side to side, even as sharp ivories sank into my jaws. I could feel blood running down my grey hide, feel my strength draining as the moon slipped even lower, and I soon collapsed to my knees, utterly spent.

A faint sound tickled my ear, as I lay sprawled on the ground, eyes dazed and staring as I felt teeth and claws ripping into me; feeling the raw agony that came with the sinking of teeth into my neck.

Was this how it all ended? With one last effort, I managed a pitiful wail of agony, which was quickly cut off, as the wolf’s paws slammed into my throat, cutting my off with a choking gurgle.

I lay there, under the rising sun, feeling life slip from me.
Back to top Go down
Kanchana
Admin
Kanchana

PostSubject: Re: Let the Memory Live again [Kanny]   Let the Memory Live again [Kanny] EmptyMon Dec 26 2011, 17:14

Laughter bubbled from the very pits of his belly, crazed snorts and giggles escaped him with glee as the heavy blood lust rose to the surface, only causing his teeth to sink deeper into her once perfect flesh. The large brute crowed with delight as he felt her body fold under his heavy mass, the two of them falling to the dirt clearing floor within seconds.

Catori paced the earth, large hooves collecting as he leapt over a fallen tree and continued on his journey to nowhere. Content that his twin sister had finally found happiness, he now wandered these unfamiliar lands alone. But at least the current night was filled with rain as the previous nights had been.

The fluid strides continued, the faint outlines of his human-made markings shining in the night. The warm brown orbs turned to the sky, narrowing slightly in confusion as they landed upon the blue lit moon.

The words of wisdom he had heard of the years tugged into his mind, a short poem his tribe had been fond of.

"If they say the moon is blue,
We must believe that the worst is true."

He mumbled the words softly, a shiver running the tall length of his spine and he froze as a awful cry of pain filled the night sky. Always the gentleman and the adventurer, he quickened his stride once more and followed the sounds of possessed giggles and moans of agony before coming beyond a small clearing.

The sight before him was worse than any battle scene he had ever fought on. And in his sort life, he had seen a few. It was the unfairness’ of all battles, the large hulking brute crushing the mare who seemed so much smaller under his heavy muscled weight. She seemed delicate, fragile and overall perfect in his warm eyes. Without another thought, nor a moment of hesitation he leapt into the fray, hooves ripping the wolf from her spine and harshly into the tree.

Hoping she was okay, but unable to look and check, he concentrated on the task at hand. But such thing was easier said than done, as the giggles of the crazed bubbled from his maw and stuck fear into his kind heart.

What kind of creature was this? One that laughed death in the face?

Snapping his teeth, he bit the winded mammal, launching an attack before he could fight back.

Radu felt the teeth sink into his flesh, but no pain came. He felt the hooves and the harsh impact of the tree....and yet no pain. But the action still annoyed him. Glaring up at the tall stag, he flashed a toothy grin and a short chortle.

"Radu says bye bye!" he giggled, wagging his tail and sprung off into the trees slinking off into the distance.

Catori stood there, stunned by the mere...impact of this creature. What was it? A shiver echoed the length of him once more before he spun, finally remembering the mare.

"Ma'am?" he questioned, nose slowly stretching out to her still side with worry etched into his facial features "ma'am are you alright?"

He knew it was a odd question, seeing as she was obviously badly injured. The dark red droplets still bled from her sides, hiding the true colour of her pelt from his orbs. But he didn't know what else to do...deciding to do only what he knew how, he folded his legs under him and nestled her against his large side to try and keep some warmth into her on this cool, dark night. It was a gesture often used by his tribe, for the horse would lay and the owner would rest against him, the couple keeping each other warm in the winter nights.

His nose nuzzled the wounds softly, knowing he needed to halt the bleeding but unsure how. Soft hoof steps gathered his attention, but before he could stand the soft lyrics of a pure white fae surrounded him.

"Hush warrior stallion, I am not here to harm," she whispered a slight smile against her flawless maw "I am here to heal."

Catori studied the fae with surprise, noting the empty stump where a horn much of once stood proudly.
"That would be welcome," he said with a small sigh of relief "I feared she wouldn't live the night...."

The white fae tilted her head slightly in agreement; her green eyes focused deeply as she mumbled a few short words and allowed the wounds to seal loosely. With a tired sigh, her legs shook at the energy the healing took.

"I closed the surface...I am too weak to do more...she must rest, days on end...keep her safe," she whispered before disappearing once more into the fog.

"Rest fair fae...I shall watch over you," he whispered softly into her ear, unsure why he was drawn to her in such a way.

OOC: Well done! Beautiful post xD Only wish mine was better! Though it is kinda long....hehe. 835 words O.o

Back to top Go down
Saphira

Saphira

PostSubject: Re: Let the Memory Live again [Kanny]   Let the Memory Live again [Kanny] EmptyMon Dec 26 2011, 23:07

I could feel the life seeping out of my body, could almost feel my soul hovering over my physical self, tied to this life with only the thinnest of threads. One wrong move, one step, and I felt as though she would breath my last. I could hear nothing but a faint roaring sound in my ears – and the uneven thudding of my rapidly weakening heart. All my strength had drained out of me, and my whole body was limp on the leafy floor. One of my wings was crushed under both out body weights, and I could feel the ache it caused, reverberating up to my skull. By the Moon, it hurt!

I struggled to draw in air, whimpering pitifully as my chest blazed with what seemed like molten fire. The mysterious mistiness that coated my form had long since disappeared, ‘leaving in place a small, wounded, vulnerable mare. New points of pain were ever present, flickering dimly at the edge of my consciousness. I wanted to laugh at the irony, to howl at the unfairness of it all. All I had wanted was a chance; a chance to taste what others had, and what he been denied to me all my life. Was it too much to ask?

I would never make the same mistake again. I didn’t even know if I would live to see a next time. If I had wanted a sign to show me how my love life would be like for the foreseeable future, I needed no other. I got the picture; why couldn’t the heavens stop playing this awful joke on me?

Shivering, I coughed harshly, tasting the saltiness of blood in my mouth. The emerald grass in front of my eyes – now stained with red flecks – seemed to dim and swirl, as the vibration of distant hoofbeats grew even stronger. I panicked, trying to lift my body up, before I collapsed to the ground panting, admitting defeat. I closed my eyes.

Suddenly, the pressing weight was lifted off me, and I could breathe more easily. Thankful, I gasped for air, opening my eyes to slits, only to see a powerful-looking stallion battling with the deranged wolf, driving it further for me. He was a sight for sore eyes; as I watched him battle with the strength and grace of an angel, I let a small smile escape, thankful, at least, for this last dignity. The stallion would ensure I was not food for crows – or wolves, for the matter.

My ears flicked, and I suddenly realised that there was silence. The battle was over. I heard the stallion asking after me, and gratefulness welled. I wanted to thank him, bless him with all the protection I could provide, but I was too far gone. Even now, I could feel myself slipping away.

I shivered. Was it snowing? Because I felt so cold. My heart felt limp and dead within my chest, and I wished with all my might that there was someone there to hold me as I passed on. Light-headedness assaulted me then, and I moaned, feeling a single tear roll down my cheek. Everything hurt. For a vague moment, I wondered if the stallion would do me the kindness of killing me now and easing my pain, before pushing away the notion. He had just saved me; I doubted he would agree. In any case, I was in no condition to speak. A pity my mind couldn’t turn off as well.

Warmth and a soft pelt surrounded me, and a velvet muzzle touched my wounds, making me whimper slightly in pain. Was this my saviour? Or was it the Dark Angel, waiting to take me away? In any case, I was grateful. His presence – yes, I knew it was a male, by the scent – eased the despair clutching my heart, and suddenly, I wished that Ashwin were here as well, so that I would be able to say goodbye. I’d enjoyed the company of the black stag.

Everything seemed to dim, and I felt as though I were separated from the world by a thick sheet of glass. Trapped in my mind by a haze of pain and confusion, I concentrated on the soft, warm body of the stallion lying next to me. A whiff of his scent entered my nostrils, and I shifted against him, comforted by the warm presence.

I was drifting… drifting… I could feel my life ebbing away, faster now. I was pleased – maybe now, the pain would end. I didn’t know what had transpired, but suddenly, warmth blasted through my body. I would have gasped if I had the strength to.

But I felt myself growing stronger and stronger. My wounds suddenly didn’t seem so bad, and trickles of blood seemed to have stopped. I gasped sharply, bringing fire back upon my hurt body, whinnying softly in pain, as I rested my head on the ground, spent.

It was then that I suddenly remembered my saviour. Cracking open an eyelid, I tried a soft smile at him, dazedly thinking that he was the most handsome stallion I had ever seen. His warm eyes and gentle presence soothed me tremendously, and I felt at peace just looking at him. “T-th…” I tried to thank him, only to break off in a bout of coughing, gasping and groaning as my entire body felt as though it were being split apart.

Defeated and frustrated, I returned to my vigil of staring at a particular blade of grass, breathing heavily. “G-go,” I finally manage to spit out, unwilling to trap the stallion by my side for longer than necessary. He had business here, surely, of courting faes. I was sure he would appreciate the company of other, better mares. In any case, I did not want him to be here to see my weakness. I was probably ten times his age!

Humiliation and embarrassment crept up on me, and I refused to meet his eye, turning away and closing my own.

(OOC: I love yours! It gave me so much inspiration, see? ^^)
Back to top Go down
Kanchana
Admin
Kanchana

PostSubject: Re: Let the Memory Live again [Kanny]   Let the Memory Live again [Kanny] EmptyTue Jan 03 2012, 02:26

The great stallion of black and white softly lowered himself once more by her side, flared nostrils stretching to rubbed the knitted wounds and knew with a sigh that they would scar. He knew wounds when he saw them, having seen more then his fair share on the human fields of war.

Deeply lost in thought, he pulled back his long neck and watched with worry fluttering in his deeo brown orbs as she coughed and muttered. The weak sounds of pain tore at his heartstrings and he despartly wished there was some way he could help ease the pain. He knew nothing about this fae, but something drew him to her.

Maybe it was the blue moon? Maybe the poems the humans had whispered were true?

"Rest," he tried to hush her gently, the tip of his maw brushing against her bloody neck "I shall watch over you..."

The night air was filled with a soft silence, his ever watchful orbs scanning the horizon for danger when the dainty, musical lyrics reached his harks once more.

He was suprised, to say at least. Go? Go where? He had saved the fae's life and no matter what he planned on seeing it though, to make sure no more harm came to her.

"No," he argued strongly, knowing he had the power over the weak fae "I will not go, not until you have your feet once more."

The warm browns tried to lock with hers, but the emotions fluttered quicker across her features then he could read before looking away, refusing to meet his eyes.

"Rest," he ordered again stronger this time.

OOC: haha! Beautiful post once more xD Sorry for the story reply...mind blown -.- and our house flooded XD

Back to top Go down
Saphira

Saphira

PostSubject: Re: Let the Memory Live again [Kanny]   Let the Memory Live again [Kanny] EmptySun Feb 12 2012, 01:01

I could feel the blades of grass tickling my flanks, the rise and fall of the stallion's flanks beside me, and the steady beat of his heart. Unlike mine. Frost coated my bones, and I could feel my heart flutter unevenly, even though my wounds had miraculously been healed. It'd prevented me from losing anymore blood, but the damage was already done. I'd lost so much blood... I could smell the metallic scent all over the grass beside me, feel the last drops running over my body from the sealed wounds.

I shivered again, not at the cold this time, but at the warmth of the stallion's voice as he quietly hushed me, with as much tenderness as a mother would her foal. My heart skipped a beat again, and I sighed with content, as a soft muzzle touched my neck. So long... so very long since I'd felt a friendly touch.

But it did not last. Frustration welled as he refused my order for him to leave me, and to let the chips fall where they may. I growled softly under my breath, knowing her would hear it and hoping to convey my displeasure at him, even with my eyes closed and my body in such a vulnerable position. He didn't need to stay because he pitied me. I would be fine. I hated to be so indebted to anyone.

" 'M fine," I finally slurred, forcing the words out of my raw throat, the sounds much harsher and hoarser than they normally were. "Sun-up. No one-" I broke off again, sighing in defeat and conceding to the pain. Maybe he had a point. I was weaker than a newborn right now, and if he wanted to stay, well, I'd given him an out.
Back to top Go down
Kanchana
Admin
Kanchana

PostSubject: Re: Let the Memory Live again [Kanny]   Let the Memory Live again [Kanny] EmptySun Feb 12 2012, 01:14

He kept his breath at a constant rytham, watchful eyes guarding beside the beauty and kept eye on the thudding of her chest, making sure that she would live though the night. He would not give up, he decided, not on this fae. He couldn't loose another, not even someone he didn't know, to the land of death once more.

He breathed a sigh of relief as she relaxed against him, seeming to finally grasp the knowledge that he wasn't leaving any time soon.

"No," he whispered at her tired slur of words, the soft giant brushing against her neck once more "no, I will not leave. Just rest..."

He burried though his mind, searching for the lullaby his mother had sung to him and his sister as a colt, and hummed it gently against her neck as he watched the rising sun.

Back to top Go down
Saphira

Saphira

PostSubject: Re: Let the Memory Live again [Kanny]   Let the Memory Live again [Kanny] EmptySat Mar 03 2012, 19:22

I sighed in contentment. The whirling blue haze about me had dimmed to the merest flicker - so weak was I! The warmth of the stallion's pelt and the comforting thudding of his heartbeat did nothing to ease my attachment and gratitude to him. He would stay with me - even though he had no need to.

For that, I would always be in his debt.

And I hated being in anyone's debt.

"Thank you," I breathed softly, feeling a soft smile grace my lips. His humming soothed me to no end - and to my horror - I could hear myself weeping softly, feel the warm wetness of tears upon my face. It had been so long since I was held thusly; so long since I had been comforted; so long since I had felt cherished, like the unknown stallion was making me feel.

"Thank you," I whispered again, before allowing myself to be pulled into the warm darkness of sleep.
Back to top Go down
Kanchana
Admin
Kanchana

PostSubject: Re: Let the Memory Live again [Kanny]   Let the Memory Live again [Kanny] EmptySat Mar 03 2012, 19:52

He offered her dozing form a tender smile, the movement echoing her thanks and continued with the gentle tones, doing his best to sooth her to sleep.

His large muzzle gently brushed against her damp cheeks form the tears her eyes formed and he was confused as to why. Was she in pain? If so where did it hurt? How could he help?

A million other words, questions and ideas ran though his mind as he gently withdrew his stroking maw.

"Just rest," he whispered, harks pointed tall for signs of any approaching attack. But the night was silent, and soon the morning sun would be with them once more.

Back to top Go down
Saphira

Saphira

PostSubject: Re: Let the Memory Live again [Kanny]   Let the Memory Live again [Kanny] EmptyThu Oct 11 2012, 06:49

I had never in my entire life felt as warm and as protected as when I spelt within Catori’s warmth. I imagined that I could still feel his presence surrounding me, guarding me as I slept. Oh, how I hoped that he would still be there when I woke! He was the first in many, many years to be kind to me.

-next day-

Blinking, I woke, raising my head with a wince and a pained gasp. My wings ruffled and drooped sadly when I tried to raise, them, muscles screaming in agony. With a defeated groan, I let them thump to the ground, trembling and fluttering helplessly.

Suddenly, I was aware of another equine next to me. Snorting lowly, I turned my head, eyes widening to see Catori there, still awake. Embarrassment and guilt flushed through me, and I found that I couldn’t meet his eyes.

“Thanks for yesterday,” I muttered gruffly, awkwardly, as I lay defenselessly on the ground. “And-and sorry for getting in your way.”
Back to top Go down
Kanchana
Admin
Kanchana

PostSubject: Re: Let the Memory Live again [Kanny]   Let the Memory Live again [Kanny] EmptyFri Oct 12 2012, 02:07

Catori allowed a soft smile to play at her lips as her breathing pattern evened, the spell of sleep falling over her wounded form while he stayed alert to the dangers of the land.
"Rest.." he cooed once more, muzzle gently resting upon her shoulder as if to shelter her from the cool elements.

- next day -

As a groan pierced the air, Catori's head snapped up from where it rested and eyed the young fae with worry as she strained to stand.

His harks remained pricked, listening to her every sound of struggle and watched with sad, worried eyes as she desperately attempted to heave herself upright.

"Ma'am," he said gently, deep rumbling tones trying to calm the frightened mare as he tried to meet her embarrassed gaze.

"Ma'am?" he probed once more again, shaking his head in a nonchalant manner "it was not an issue, I am glad I could help you."

He twisted to gaze out over the river, harks twirling at the bubbling river before turning back to her in earnest.

"How are you feeling?" he questioned.

Back to top Go down
Saphira

Saphira

PostSubject: Re: Let the Memory Live again [Kanny]   Let the Memory Live again [Kanny] EmptyTue Oct 16 2012, 06:42

I felt my eyes involuntarily close when I heard his voice. It was deep and comforting, and made her relax more than anything else. I forcefully pulled apart my eyelids, pinning him with an intense blue gaze that not many were able to handle, seeking the truth of his words.

What she found both pleased and comforted her. Sighing in relief, she allowed her head to droop exhaustedly onto the ground, ears slack with tiredness. He looked kind. Kind and brave and gentle, with eyes that were older than he looked. But wasn't everyone's these days?

"Better than last night," I mumbled quietly. "But still not feeling all there yet. Did you heal me?"

The blue wisps that made up my mane and tail swirled gently about me, as I looked up at the stallion with half-wary, half-trusting eyes. I could still feel my muscles trembling from the strain, and my back and flanks felt as though they were on fire.
Back to top Go down
Kanchana
Admin
Kanchana

PostSubject: Re: Let the Memory Live again [Kanny]   Let the Memory Live again [Kanny] EmptyThu Oct 18 2012, 20:42

Catori watched her sweet face with a curious expression, her eyes closing tightly as he spoke gently and felt her relax more against him. He sighed with relief, glad that she wasn't trying to hurt herself by standing anymore.

"Then I am glad," he whispered gently at her reply, nose brushing her soft coat at her outstretched neck "and alas I have not. A sweet mare, I believe she was once a unicorn came and healed you."

He smiled softly at the memory, another sigh escaping him as eyed her trembling body.
"Rest, perhaps in a while I can help you to the river bank for a drink," he suggested lightly.

Back to top Go down
Saphira

Saphira

PostSubject: Re: Let the Memory Live again [Kanny]   Let the Memory Live again [Kanny] EmptySun Oct 21 2012, 20:22

I sighed softly, tucking my head closer to my chest and concentrated in breathing evenly through the pains.

His warm breath whispered against my pelt, and I could feel the gentle vibration of his chest as he spoke. "I thank you nonetheless," I murmured. "If you weren't here guarding me through the night, I fear I should not even have survived till dawn."

I nodded once more, giving the stallion a shy smile - most uncharacteristic of myself, I noted absently.

"What be your name, good sir?" I queried curiously. "How is it one such as you would be wondering these grounds at nightfall?"
Back to top Go down
Kanchana
Admin
Kanchana

PostSubject: Re: Let the Memory Live again [Kanny]   Let the Memory Live again [Kanny] EmptySun Nov 04 2012, 01:43

Catori watched her movements carefully as if to judge her pain with every breath, trying to calm her movements by supporting her with his mighty frame.

"Do not fret on it sweetheart, I am glad that I was able to save you," he whispered lightly, nose pressing into her unwounded flank gently "I fear the world would be an empty place without your soul wandering it."

He lapsed into silence, hesitant before gently offering his name.
"My name is Catori."

Clear hesitance echoed throughout him once more.
"I helped my sister find a mate, I left her in safe hands and had to leave before she woke, fearing she wouldn't let me leave if I waited," he said quietly, shame lacing his tone and buried his features in the softness of her tresses.

Back to top Go down
Saphira

Saphira

PostSubject: Re: Let the Memory Live again [Kanny]   Let the Memory Live again [Kanny] EmptySun Jan 06 2013, 06:43

Slowly - excruciatingly slowly, in fact, the pain receded bit by bit as I did my breathing exercises. Oh, they were still there, deep within my bones and flesh and muscle, but now they were merely an irritation at the back of my head. I studiously avoided that part of my brain, and forced a smile on my face as I looked back up at the large war horse, whose body dwarfed mine considerably - no matter that I was probably hundreds of years older than him.

Oh, this stallion, he knew the words to make me blush, to feel like a young, star-struck filly once more. I cast my eyes away, suddenly finding the blades of grass by my knees unbearably interesting, as I felt my fears grow hot. They twitched. Involuntarily, of course.

"Thank you," I mumbled, embarrassed, but the humiliation at being vulnerable and defenseless was slowly slipping away at his soothing, nonjudgmental voice.

"Oh, you stallions and your flatteries," I laughed uncomfortably. Experienced and world-weary as I was, I had yet to find myself to subject of a male's complete attention. And it was disconcerting.

"Catori. A strong name," I mused, mind instinctively running over its meaning. "Mine is Moonlight Sonata," I offered hesitantly, suddenly feeling shy. "You-you can shorten it. I know it's a bit long..."

My ribs burned still. And my flanks. And my neck. And my legs. And I had a headache.

"Oh," I whispered, momentarily distracted by this piece of news. "I'm sorry," I said - a little awkwardly, my mouth forming the unfamiliar syllables.

"But-but at least you have the chance to find your own mate now?"

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Let the Memory Live again [Kanny]   Let the Memory Live again [Kanny] Empty

Back to top Go down

Let the Memory Live again [Kanny]
Page 1 of 1