Freedom's Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New lands appear. New alliances are made. Darkness once more threatens the world.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Might I live here, Brother? [phantom]

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Erosaf

Erosaf

Cash On Hand : 3216

Might I live here, Brother? [phantom] Empty
PostSubject: Might I live here, Brother? [phantom]   Might I live here, Brother? [phantom] EmptyWed Jul 20 2011, 18:16

Might I live here, Brother? [phantom] Ashgrove_copper_by_erosaf-d414rxd

A heart never truer,
I will continue my father's legacy,
and strive to be just like him.

He had been gone for some time, but he knew that the time for him to come back into the open was now. For the last year of his life he had been roaming, but now that he felt the change coming for the land, he headed back home. Home to Sanguita and Alston, the only remaining members of his family.

Though Sanguita was only related to him via his father, she was the mother that his mother could not have been. He remembered the small Shetland mare who had given her life so that he would live on, but she was in the past now. Her name had been Cirrus Cinnamon.

His father was the late king, Ashton. Though he had never met his father, Sanguita had raised him alongside her own son, his half brother, Alston. She had told them about Ashton, lots of times and he hoped that wherever his father was now, that he would be proud of his sons.

He moved easily through the sandy terrain, knowing it well enough that he could find his way to where he knew his half brother and adoptive mother would be. The lands welcomed him, but he was not sure if the new king of the lands would. Even though they were brothers, he was nothing in comparison to Alston.

Finally though he saw Alston and smiled.
Back to top Go down
http://www.nuban-aworldofchaos.proboards.com
.:Phantom:.

Cash On Hand : 1479

PostSubject: Re: Might I live here, Brother? [phantom]   Might I live here, Brother? [phantom] EmptyTue Aug 16 2011, 10:46

Regal and empowered, the orbs like a misty river scanned their domain, taking in all its beauty. From the rolling waves that crashed against the rocky shores to the salty breeze the flowed through his nares, it was home - his home. A broad shadow was cast against the sloped rocky hills as the ivory flecked pillars tread, inclining to the familiar scent of the bordering terrains. Harks flicked subtly, picking up the smashing of a piece of driftwood, giving away the presence of another.

Every movement he took spoke royalty, and the muscles that rippled under his pelt captivated all the onlookers. It had taken every day of those three years with his father to master grace and to show it in his everyday actions. After all, it was more difficult to be gracious and kind rather than to show all evil. Mother had always told him that those that chose hatred over love were weaker because they chose the easier route in life. Fighting instead of reason? Hate rather than love? How did they live with their actions? Alston shook the thoughts out of his mind as he made his way to the traveler.

It had been a year since Alston had laid his sparkling orbs upon the deep earthy hue and the deep ebony pillars that shouted his name with hope, with desire. "Greetings, Ashgrove Copper. It is good to see you once more," replied the king, watching the youth for his next move. Certainly, he wished for the great king's advice perhaps or his help with some matter pertaining to the lands as a whole. Like his father before him, Alston seemed to know everything that was happening between all lands.

"I see that you seek something more than the simple wandering that you have chosen thus far," said the stag softly, looking back just to see his mother treading silently down the sloping rocks. When he laid his orbs upon her, they were filled with adoration and respect. Sangita ruled above him, for she was truly the leader of all horses - wiser than him by many years. "Ah, Ashgrove Copper. My son, it has been far too long," she said gently, smiling easily as she nuzzled her adopted son. They would welcome him back with open arms, for he was truly a member of the royal family.
Back to top Go down
Erosaf

Erosaf

PostSubject: Re: Might I live here, Brother? [phantom]   Might I live here, Brother? [phantom] EmptySat Aug 20 2011, 15:54

He knew that this was a place that missed his father, but it was also one that had always been home to him, since the time he was born. There were horses here that he knew were his family, and he knew that there was no other land that he would want to be a part of. Leaving Alston and Sangita for the amount of time he already had, had not been easy. But like any young horse he had wanted to see what things were like outside of home.

There had not truly been anywhere out there that he had liked as much as he loved to be in Woodrow Cove. He smiled though as he saw Sangita coming out as well, he had not spotted her before he found his half brother.

"I have been travelling for a time," he told Sangita. "I went to see what the other lands were like, to see if any of them could be a possible home for me out there. None of them can compare to Woodrow Cove though." He smiled. "Would it be alright if I remained here, with thatever herd I manage to collect?"
Back to top Go down

Cash On Hand : 1479

PostSubject: Re: Might I live here, Brother? [phantom]   Might I live here, Brother? [phantom] EmptyThu Nov 03 2011, 17:43

Incomplete. What a thing for a great king to feel, but it was true - it had not been home without all of their loved ones present. Finally, the pain of losing his father was beginning to ebb away slowly, leaving him feeling stronger than when he had first inherited the throne. Regally, his massive skull nodded as his dearest mother spoke the words. Indeed, it had been far too long. It had been far too long for that horrid brute to remain undefeated. It had far too long for the kindness of the world to stand back while darkness was eroding the light. It had been far too long since the death of fair Ashton. But all of these things would improve with time. Only the gods knew who would be defeated in this grand battle. Would good always prevail?

"The parts of the kingdom are truly beautiful, are they not?" chuckled Alston, his deep vocals echoing against the rocky slopes that stood beside them. Everyone was just a pawn in the greater plan of life, and they could only use their abilities to the best of their training and knowledge. Thus far, Ashgrove Copper had exhibited the most modest and noble of behaviors, making him quite capable of taking the role as the beta of the greatest herd in the lands. Time would tell if he was truly cut out for such a responsibility though. Time would tell.

Alston looked back to his mother, who only gave a subtle, approving smile to him. It was his decision? Why, why would he not let his beloved brother reside with them? "You are welcome to stay here as long at the ocean calls to your soul. I will not tell you to leave nor stay, and you may bring your herd here as you wish," said the king, waiting for the reply of his half-sibling.
Back to top Go down
Erosaf

Erosaf

PostSubject: Re: Might I live here, Brother? [phantom]   Might I live here, Brother? [phantom] EmptyFri Nov 04 2011, 20:54

The black stallion bowed his head more than happily. “Thank you, brother.” He smiled knowing that this would always be home to him. It was the place where he was meant to be and because of that, he was more than happy at the moment. He smiled though, wondering how he would be able to prove his worth to these two, though he knew it was not truthfully a needed thing. It was nice though to know though that he had a home here.

“None have I collected yet, but I daresay I will eventually find a few to call my own as well.”
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Might I live here, Brother? [phantom]   Might I live here, Brother? [phantom] Empty

Back to top Go down

Might I live here, Brother? [phantom]
Page 1 of 1