New lands appear. New alliances are made. Darkness once more threatens the world.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Returned from the D E A D (Open Thowra's land)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Kanchana
Admin

Cash On Hand : 1636

PostSubject: Returned from the D E A D (Open Thowra's land)   Sat Jun 25 2011, 02:59

Bones struck out from his bodice, his creamy coat, once his pride and joy, hung in loose wrinkles now dulled and thin. His muscles wasted, his noble head hanging low as he walked along the border of his fathers land. But he barely recognized the voices of his childhood, calling to him.

Birds cooed, heads peered out from bushes trying to catch a glimpse of the missing true heir. His large hooves turned over rocks as they dragged along the ground, his huge mass almost falling to the ground on several occasions due to tripping. But he managed to steady himself.

Whispers surrounded him, following his every step. Eyes stared, without worry, upon the creamy stag.

Thowra....your heir returns The wind whispers, tugging at the aging kings locks you heir returns...
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://shadowsofthedeep.forumotion.com
Erosaf

Cash On Hand : 3216

PostSubject: Re: Returned from the D E A D (Open Thowra's land)   Sat Jun 25 2011, 03:46

He sighed as he stood where he had for many days now. He knew that his herd was not in the best of times but all of a sudden he stopped, completely still as he sniffed at the air that was blowing towards him at that moment in time. There was another horses' scent in the air and this one was a stallion.

Snorting, he leapt towards one of the few rocky outcrops that overlooked his forest. Standing there for a moment, out in the open, he reared, and screamed a challenge. To his surprise, he could spot the other stallion and he stared at what he was seeing. It was a cream stallion.

"Brother? What is it? Is there trouble?" asked a female voice from behind him and he turned his head away from the other horse in the distance. Bella was coming out but he shook his head moving back into the cover of the trees.

"I am not sure. Wait here with the others until I call you. I am not sure what i could see in the distance, but I will find out what I really saw."

It was then he felt rather than heard, the message on his own wind as it played in his mane. Thowra, ....your heir returns... your heir returns... he snorted and then leapt forwards into a gallop, moving much more swiftly than he had ever moved, arriving within minutes over the huge distance between himself and the other stallion. He knew that Amani would have heard him moving, but none of the other creatures.

He stopped, at a point where he could see the other, but not be seen himself between the white and silver candle-bark trees. It was hard to believe that this, malnourished horse was his son. Kairva. That had been his son's name.

Catching the scent again, he knew it was him. Without worry, he strode forwards into the clearing, right in front of his son. “Kairva!” he could hardly believe his eyes. “I thought the men shot you... and you drowned in front of me. How can you be here in the land of the living once more?”
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.nuban-aworldofchaos.proboards.com
Kanchana
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Returned from the D E A D (Open Thowra's land)   Sat Jun 25 2011, 04:31

Dull pelt seemed to heave with the steps, lifelessness filled his once bright orbs. Hooves clattered weakly over the rocky surface, and even at the loud thundering of approach of a stallion, he couldn't even lift his head in response. Let the stag kill him, he thought, he was to weak to continue on.

He remembered nothing, apart from the blurs of his past. Colours mashed together, the calls of birds and voices...but didn't even know his name. He remembered the humans though, no matter how hard he tried to forget them. Scars still ran the length of his body, reminds of the whips used against him. His tight ribs reminded him of the days without eating, and once he was finally free...he had no want to eat. He would rather waste away, for he had nothing to live for.

The sound of the stallions voice made his head lift, frowning deeply as it tugged at memories in his mind. But he could not pull it out. The creamy stallion before him looked just like him, from head to hoof. They were the same colour, though he was healthier. And he was somewhat older, but they could be brothers. And Kairva, that to pulled at the strings of memories. But what! Who was Kairva!

"Who's Kairva?" he whispered, tilting his head and blinked in surprise as the stallion did not attack him "and how do you know I was shot?"
Back to top Go down
Erosaf

PostSubject: Re: Returned from the D E A D (Open Thowra's land)   Sat Jun 25 2011, 04:41

"That I believe is you. I know you were shot by the humans, because I saw you hit by the bullet, though I was too late to block them. My name, is Thowra, I'm your father!" He was a little surprised that his son did not remember him at all it seemed. “Your queen lives here as well, Bella. She has grieved for you for a long time, my son.”

He was not sure what to make of him. “Had I known you lived on I would have come and saved you, but I thought you were dead.” Thowra sighed. He knew that it seemed a bad thing to have done, this was his only regret other than when Boon boon had died. Why was he the one whow as failing everyone? It did not seem fair at all.
Back to top Go down
Kanchana
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Returned from the D E A D (Open Thowra's land)   Sat Jun 25 2011, 04:48

Dulled orbs flickered, barely acknowledging the words thrown at him.
"I do not know my name..." he whispered, tilting his weak head and stumbled closer to the stallion "but it does sound familiar...and Thowra...that does as well. Bella?"
He frowned, trying to force himself to remember.
"Bella...it sounds familiar as well," he admitted "but I cannot remember why."

He shook out his locks at his father, sighing heavily as his head dropped even lower, not even strong enough to lift it.
"I do not blame you...humans should not be messed with," he said with a distant look glazing over his orbs "they are creatures who should have never been created, to cruel and unforgiving for these lands. They take everything they want, and expect it to be handed to them with ease. We are the untamed creatures, we should be running free...not in leather and metal, we are not loyal pets to be kept aside for whatever use wanted."
His lip curled up with disgust "they do not understand the world."
Back to top Go down
Erosaf

PostSubject: Re: Returned from the D E A D (Open Thowra's land)   Sat Jun 25 2011, 04:57

“No, they do not, and they would have been pleased to catch a member of the silver herd. Never once have they done so with me, I have always managed to outsmart them, whether by running under a low tree branch and them getting thrown off as their horse made it through, or jumping the ravine, something a tame horse could never do.”

Thowra chuckled. “Next time, they will find a lot of trouble coming for them. They cannot kill me with their metal pellets as easily as they got you.” that was something he longed for. He was immortal, and that was something he was pleased about.

“Come, lets head further in, where the herd usually is, son.” he knew it was the right thing to do. Snorting, he threw up his head and let out a shrill whinney. A mare answered and soon, out came Bella.

“Kairva?” she asked in disbelief. “Is it really you?”
Back to top Go down
Kanchana
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Returned from the D E A D (Open Thowra's land)   Sat Jun 25 2011, 05:12

The stag turned his matted creamy head, studying the mare with dull eyes. something about her was familiar, but once again he could not remember her.
"I am told I am this....Kairva," he said quietly, eyeing her up and down and noted she was actually a rather beautiful fae "you must be...my queen?"
He tilted his head and rolled his massive shoulders, giving up on forcing memories from his past.
"Yes Thowra, maybe if I meet the others...I might be able to remember something."

He sighed, it was getting rather annoying to have everyone know him but he not know them.
"Do I have a mother?" he asked suddenly "I mean, does she still live here?"
Back to top Go down
Erosaf

PostSubject: Re: Returned from the D E A D (Open Thowra's land)   Sat Jun 25 2011, 05:17

Thowra hung his head at the words that came next. Boon Boon. This was a subject he loathed to talk about. “Her name was Boon Boon. She has been gone a long time. I tried to save her, but I was too late. A wolf killed her, and ever since I have never fully recovered, Kairva. The others will wait for us, you know.”

He sighed. “I have always protected this forest, since the day I took your mother from her father, who happened to be my greatest enemy, The Brolga. Being the king gives me a lot of responsibility, the full weight of which you will never be able to understand until I die. Which won't be for a long time, my son.”

he was not the best at talking about Boon Boon. Your grandfather on my side, the great fallen king Yarraman, lives on, as does my mother Bel Bel. Both suffered greatly, this past winter. Bel Bel lost her stallion, Sundara, and Yarraman lost his queen Kasinda Cascia.”
Back to top Go down
Kanchana
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Returned from the D E A D (Open Thowra's land)   Sat Jun 25 2011, 05:31

"Kasinda?" he whispered and blinked "Inda? Did she have a daughter? ."
He shook his head and eyed his father, sighing deeply at the pang of pain he felt "were we close?" He guessed they were, for every time her name was mentioned another bolt of pain shocked his system.
"And Inda...well I saw her daughter....only the other day, she was looking for her father," he hummed quietly "nice little fae, she was, somewhat quiet and shy though. Seemed a little lost if you ask me."

"Yára I think she said her name was," he shrugged her wide shoulders once more and nibbled at the grass at his hooves, hunger finally taking over.

The quietly spoken fae entered the lands, her hooves barely making a noise as it touched the dirt ridden surfaces. Her bright chestnut coat spoke of her father's lineage and despite being half-hellion, she showed known of that half of her.

She sang a soft poem's lyrics to herself, a few of the birds joining in with her beautiful lyrics. She was in high spirits, for she was returning to her father's land. A father who she had only ever met once as a young filly, one she could barely remember.
Back to top Go down
Erosaf

PostSubject: Re: Returned from the D E A D (Open Thowra's land)   Sat Jun 25 2011, 14:30

“In a way, she's a cousin to me, Yára. You seem her father is my own though we have different mothers. Yarraman will be pleased to know that his daughter lives on. For Kasinda is also gone at this point in time." The great creamy stallion sighed as he looked at his son. He knew that Bella was going to keep an eye on him at the moment. That was something that pleased him.

Bowing his head towards the younger couple, he moved away, ghost-like back into the trees once more. He was heading back to join Silence, Kunama and Juliana. That was something that he knew was a needed thing. Bella was going to watch over her stallion.

"Kairva, our daughter, Arrasse grow up and left in the time that you were gone," she said. He had every right to know what had become of the daughter who was not completely his, though he had taken her in easily enough.

Yarraman sighed as he grazed amongst the trees. Was there no no good left in his life at the moment? All he had left was Snowy Dreams and his son, Snowing Thunder. Yára, his beautiful daughter had vanished as well. He knew Inda was dead, though that was a surprising thing. For he was much older than Inda had been, so it should have been him.
Back to top Go down
Kanchana
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Returned from the D E A D (Open Thowra's land)   Sat Jun 25 2011, 16:19

Kairva bobbed his head, the words not completely making sense to him but he agreed all the same.
"We have a daughter?" he asked quietly, heart panning at the thought of missing her growing up. He might not remember, but he was still the kindly stallion of before.
"What was she like?" he asked quietly, eyes half closing as he huffed a sigh. This familiar stranger before him had his attention, he barely noticed as his 'father' disappeared off towards his herd.

"Do I have any other children? Any other mares? Or is it just you and me?" he whispered, needing to know who these people were to him.

Yára tossed her chestnut tresses, warm eyes peeling around the unfamiliar lands as she sniffed the air, hoping to catch scent of the wind and find the others. Where was he now?
"Father?" she called softly, allowing the wind to carry her soft words "father...are you still here?"

Her hooves danced over the ground, loping gently alongside the river and giggled playfully with herself. This land called to her, as if returning the greeting to a familiar friend. Why though, she had no idea. But she felt more wanted then she ever had in her life.
"Father?"

Back to top Go down
Erosaf

PostSubject: Re: Returned from the D E A D (Open Thowra's land)   Wed Jun 29 2011, 22:42

The black head lifted as he heard the familliar lyrics that called on the wind. His sister was a year younger, but but they had always been close. Though he had not heard the voice for a long time, he remembered his sister. Yára. Kasinda's daughter. His father's heir.
Smiling to himself, he leapt into a canter and moved towards the sound of her moving hooves. Though none in Yarraman's depleted herd were silent of foot, there was no need to be amogst these trees. Thowra defended them more than happily.
"Yára," he called as he got closer. He was a massive horse, pure black though with odd white flames for a mane and tail, the only reminder from his parentage of his mother. She had not been hellion, but she had been pure white. Snowy Dreams. His father's only remaining mare.

“No, there is no one else in our family. Just you and I are in the betta herd. One day you will be king of this land, Kairva.” Bella smiled as she looked at him. There were some things they had to discuss at the moment.
"We have but one issue and that is to do with who would take over when you die. Our first heir, Young Thowra died, he was slaughtered by a long since dead hellion called Chisel. There is no other legitimate heir to our titles at this time. With war coming upon us once more, it might be a good idea for us to have one more at least."
She smiled. "I know the traditions of this land. You have to pass on your title to our oldest son or daughter, whichever has happened first. Our son is dead, and we have no others. If things remain this way, our land is vunerable to be overthrown by someone else."
Back to top Go down
Kanchana
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Returned from the D E A D (Open Thowra's land)   Wed Jun 29 2011, 23:08

Chestnut nostrils flared in surprise as a tall, well muscled stallion raced towards her. Stepping back in fright, she calmed once the scent reached her and smiled in delight at the view of her older brother.
"Hello Snow," she greeted him with a playful snort and nuzzled his neck with affection before allowing her eyes to roam over the black bodice.
"You have grown," she commented with a half smile before peering over his shoulder "where is father?"

Kairva blinked in surprised, saddened to hear that his only child had been killed by another and blinked quickly as a flood of memories rushed into his mind. Only bits and pieces that made no sense, but memories all the same.
"I remember Thowra," he whispered, tears flooding into his eyes as they blinked quickly "my son..." he moaned "my mother....oh my love!"
He nuzzled her roughly, unable to stand away from her any more "my Bella..my love...my queen." He whispered softly, loosing himself deeply into her scent. It smelt of home. Of love and spring.
"I have missed you...but I am glad you are safe..." he whispered over and over again "I love you. And I would love nothing more to have another heir with you, but he or she shall be more protected then any in this world. They shall always have one watching over them, I will not loose another to war. To sadness. I honestly don't think I can handle any more death."

Back to top Go down
Erosaf

PostSubject: Re: Returned from the D E A D (Open Thowra's land)   Sat Jul 16 2011, 06:38

"So have you, Yara." He chuckled smiling at his little sister. Though he was their father's heir, he knew though that there was no favoritism here. "Back with Snowy Dreams, she's all he has at the moment in the herd." He sighed. There were so many things changing at the moment. he knew that their father would be leaving them all soon as well.

Bella chuckled. "Ah so you finally remembered?" She smiled at him. "All of what happened is in the past now my dear."
Back to top Go down
Kanchana
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Returned from the D E A D (Open Thowra's land)   Tue Jul 19 2011, 22:55

"Ah," her soft vocals whispered and sighed gently, nipping his mane in a welcoming tug "shall we visit him brother?"

Kairva shook his head violently, eyeing his queen and huffed a sigh.
"No, My Love," he whispered "the past can happen again....many thought there would only be one war, in the years passed, the third is now upon us. Trust me, we will lose more. Friends and family alike, they will be stolen from our lives."
He gasped for air, head lowering as more memories rushed to his mind and moaned loudly in pain.
"Please, Bella...can we walk...I cannot be here at the moment," he whispered gruffly, vocals filled with emotion.
Back to top Go down
Erosaf

PostSubject: Re: Returned from the D E A D (Open Thowra's land)   Wed Jul 20 2011, 17:22

The great black horse neighed, and then pranced off. "Come on then, Yara." He chuckled, knowing that only he himself knew the lands out of the two of them. Their father would be overjoyed to see her again, it had been many months since Yara had been last seen by her father in these areas.

Soon though he knew they would be where the great chestnut stallion ran and he knew that Yara would be pleased to see him. Yarraman had wondered what had become of his daughter, and this was sure to please him.

He stopped though before he reached where they were, looking out to see if the stallion was still there.

Yes, there was Yarraman raising his head, and then there was a loud ringing challenge that echoed through the lands. it was not from Yarraman, but from Thowra. Yarraman answered but all he was saying was 'Don't worry Thowra, its only my son, Snowing Thunder!'

Thunder chuckled and moved out into the clearing. "You won't beleive who I found, father," he said. He looked back at the tree line, waiting for Yara to come out on her own. This was something he was greatly looking forwards to.

Bella chuckled as she looked at him. "Of course we can go for a walk, Kairva." She smiled. This was a place where she had always been safe. "Sundawn is now searching for someone else herself. I understand she is close to finding another, now that Pheonix is no more. As for my father, it is unknown where he is at the moment."

She snorted in surprise as she heard Thowra's challenging cry. What on earth had triggered that from coming from her older brother? Then Yarraman replied, and she settled down again, a lot more relieved. It was rare that they heard Thowra call out in such a way.
Back to top Go down
Kanchana
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Returned from the D E A D (Open Thowra's land)   Thu Jul 21 2011, 04:10

Yara followed with neat dancing strides, her hooves churning up the landscape of her childhood with ease. She giggled, chatting with the birds and animals she remembered, naming each and every with familiar greetings.

She had spent hours walking amongst them while she was younger, befriending and loving each and every one.

Chasing after the dark hide of her half-brother, she looked around for anything that might of changed. Nothing had. It was still the same land of her birth.

As the challenging cry filled the air, she slowed her stride and frowned at the warning it held. That could only be her other half-brother, Thowra, but she couldn't begin to guess why.

At Snow's words, she trotted out from the trees with all her beauty and grace, approaching her father with warm orbs.

"Father," she greeted softly, bowing her head in respect to the older stallion "how have you been?"

"Sundawn?" he asked, before nodding with rememberer "ah, your twin? And your father has returned...I meet him on my way here, he seemed as confused as I was."

Back to top Go down
Erosaf

PostSubject: Re: Returned from the D E A D (Open Thowra's land)   Thu Jul 21 2011, 04:55

The heard looked at the mare who appeared out of the trees behind his son, studying her with intense brown orbs. He had not seen one like her in many many months. "Yara?" He could not believe who he was seeing at the moment. "Yara!"

He moved straight towards his daughter, smiling broadly as he did. "I am glad to see. We have been lonely. Snowy Dreams, Snowing Thunder and I, since yourself and Kasinda went missing."

"Sundara is back? But I saw mother headed to Wajida alone, not that long ago. Can he have found her? I wonder." Bella was pleased to hear that. I was frightened i had lost both fo you."
Back to top Go down
Kanchana
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Returned from the D E A D (Open Thowra's land)   Thu Jul 21 2011, 05:07

Yara nodded her head, smiling warmly at her father. But at the mention of her mother, it disappeared into her chestnut coat and she sighed heavily.
"Mother has passed father," she whispered sadly "some weeks ago now."

She nodded at the other mare, smiling gently in greeting and turned her attention back to her father.

Kairva rolled his shoulders.
"I have no idea," he replied, having seen nothing of the creamy stag since they passed somewhere in the mountains between the Desert and the Coast.
"I'm sure we'll hear soon either way."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Returned from the D E A D (Open Thowra's land)   

Back to top Go down

Returned from the D E A D (Open Thowra's land)
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1