Freedom's Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New lands appear. New alliances are made. Darkness once more threatens the world.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

I may be a mutt, but who cares? [otho]

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Erosaf

Erosaf

Cash On Hand : 3216

I may be a mutt, but who cares? [otho] Empty
PostSubject: I may be a mutt, but who cares? [otho]   I may be a mutt, but who cares? [otho] EmptyWed May 18 2011, 00:13

I may be a mutt, but who cares? [otho] Requiem_Raffle_by_Mystic_Wonders

She sighed as she moved through the mountains. She had gone to Carrick Cliff only to find that the one she had sought was dead. Who would want her though? She was such a worthless mare when it came to the breeds that made her appearence.

She had a distinctive dished profile. She had giant, wide-set eyes on a broad forehead, small, curved ears, and large and efficient nostrils. A heavily crested neck. She had a powerful chest, belly and hindquarters. Her legs are thick yet elegantly feathered in white. Finally she had the wild locks of a wild horse. Arabian, Shire, Welsh Mountain Pony, New Forest Pony, Mustang and Cleveland Bay.

What a horrible mix that was. She was bright blue roan, with deeper blue stripes like a zebra, bright blue eyes, a darker blue nose, white socks that reached above her knees and her mane and tail were the same deep blue with tiny white stars intermixed.

Who was she to think that anyone would want her in this world? She was such a pathetic creature who knew nothing of the way things were. She was unloved by the humans who had bred her, and stallions turned a blind eye when she moved past them. No one would even force breed her because of the direness of her appearence.

Yet under all of this was a spirited filly who just wanted to be loved really. Sure she was highstrung, but what do you expect after the cruelty she has suffered at the hands of men? Her lungs were strained, for when humans rode her, they forced her to carry her head high, even when galloping up mountains and things, she could not open her lungs fully that way.

She was littler than most, no bigger than a mere 13.3 hands, but she had a lot of speed in her. Now though she was moving through another land, to hopefully find one who would accept her for who she was. Blood dripped from her legs, shoulders and back, there were nasty bite marks that were new upon her neck. She'd had to fight off a cougar earlier, and it was a surprise that she was even still alive now.

Was anyone here?
Back to top Go down
http://www.nuban-aworldofchaos.proboards.com
otho

Cash On Hand : 509

PostSubject: Re: I may be a mutt, but who cares? [otho]   I may be a mutt, but who cares? [otho] EmptyThu May 19 2011, 17:17

Two stallions flew towards her, one who appeared to be of purest golden flames, racing across the wet valley, the other a black horse, with a silver and gold horn, and wings touched with silvery white at the edges. The first approached her from the ground, the second truly did fly, riding the air currents swiftly, before diving down towards her to land beside the golden horse as the earth bound hellion reached her.

"greetings," said the black, stepping forward and bowing slightly to her. "I am Therthis, ruler of the Gemdas."

"And I," added the second, "am Heart of Gold, beta of this land. Who are you?"

While Heart of Gold made his introduction, the black king walked slowly around the strange fae, taking in both her odd coloration, as well as the bloody marks of one of the wild cats that had taken to roaming the grassy plains and forests beyond his territory. eventually, he thought to himself with a slight sigh, I'll probably have to go out there for a bit and give them something to think about before they try harming someone passing through this area again.

The beta glanced at the other stallion as the black returned to his former position. Ever since coming from his dead brother's territory, Therthis had become more and more distant, avoiding conversations and often wandering away from the mountains for days at a time.

"Do you intend to stay, or are you planning to simply pass through?" asked Therthis, considering her face as he spoke. Heart of Gold glanced at Therthis again, before shaking his head slightly. The black had changed far too much for the gold's liking.
Back to top Go down
Erosaf

Erosaf

PostSubject: Re: I may be a mutt, but who cares? [otho]   I may be a mutt, but who cares? [otho] EmptyThu May 19 2011, 22:51

The white fae soared towards where she could see her king, knowing that he was home once more. The last Therthis had known, she'd been stolen by Frenzy. That was not the case anymore though. For a few minutes she followed her black king through the skies before diving after him a moment later. She too looked at the blue mare, but she was not too bothered by her... odd appearence. "I have returned to you, Therthis," she said, smiling at him. Then she looked at the others. "I am Volo. It is good to meet you, Heart of Gold."

The blue mare sighed as she looked upon them. It was clear that she was weakened from her fight with the cougar. "I am Requiem, the unwanted. The reason I came is that I heard that you ran here, Heart of Gold and i chose to seek you out."
Back to top Go down
.:Phantom:.

.:Phantom:.

Cash On Hand : 1479

PostSubject: Re: I may be a mutt, but who cares? [otho]   I may be a mutt, but who cares? [otho] EmptyFri May 20 2011, 11:38

Although, it was stereotypical for great queens and well known ladies to be conceited, the sudden personality change they had described hadn't happened yet. The one of storm hues and golden bits of light that danced from her burly form remained intact with her contentedness. Those harks, perked sharply and alert from the days of Exile sensed a difference in the grass, as new daggers plodded upon it and strode in to take their place at the view of the kings, both beta and greater.

With a slight raising of her skull, Mabaya loped lucidly to where they conversed. Winds of Aeolus danced between her broad pillars, and the sun of many long lost days shone in her intelligent eyes. A grin overtook her, laced with the utmost sincerity. Loveliness engulfed her character, and she couldn't help but want to welcome the new arrival to the lands. In many times, she had wanted a new son or daughter, but her deepest love had dispersed from his title for the smallest of times. He had left her alone with one of her best allies, Carpe Diem. Oh, she too would be along soon.

"Heart of Gold! Have you truly returned?" she asked, wild eyed and laughing like she was but a filly again. "I have missed you, too much for even myself to explain. And, welcome to you, new faes. If your hearts are as light as the clouds above, you will be welcomed," Mabaya said, laying her eyes on Heart of Gold. Mischief spelled itself in so many words, but their words would be shared later. Now, it was simply a time for jubilee to the greatest extent.
Back to top Go down
Erosaf

Erosaf

PostSubject: Re: I may be a mutt, but who cares? [otho]   I may be a mutt, but who cares? [otho] EmptyFri May 20 2011, 13:55

Volo chuckled as she saw the other mare coming towards them as well. "Ich bin mit Therthis jahrelang, mein Name bin gewesen Volo." She smiled at Mabaya. Her long white wings were still open, but there was nothing threatening in her stance.
No she did not speak English all that much, but Therthis knew what she was saying, most of the time. It was the way she had always been, and she knew that he had accepted that part of her.
"Die Zeiten haben sich mit den Kriegen geändert, dass alle wir gesehen haben. Jetzt ist meine Familie hergekommen und die Winde des Fluges mit ihm geholt. Was werden Ihnen benannt?"

The blue mare stared at Volo for a few moments, then she figured out what her words had meant. She chose to use the only word she knew of german, before she switched to English, for the others' sakes. "Grüße Volo. Requiem I am known as."
She sighed. What was she doing here really? She wanted to find someone who had the heart for an attrocity like her. She doubted that either of the stallions before her would even have any interest in the slightest in an ugly mare like her.

OOC:
I have been with Therthis for many years, my name is Volo - Ich bin mit Therthis jahrelang, mein Name bin gewesen Volo
Times have changed with the wars that we have all seen. Now my family has come here, bringing the winds of flight with it. What are you called? - Die Zeiten haben sich mit den Kriegen geändert, dass alle wir gesehen haben. Jetzt ist meine Familie hergekommen und die Winde des Fluges mit ihm geholt. Was werden Ihnen benannt?
Greetings - Grüße
Back to top Go down
otho

PostSubject: Re: I may be a mutt, but who cares? [otho]   I may be a mutt, but who cares? [otho] EmptyTue Jun 14 2011, 21:45

Heart of Gold

I smiled at my queen, nodding my head slightly. "There have been major movements among the wolves, on both sides. Since they helped us in our wars, we owe it to them to help in this one," was my response. There were other things, more important matters, I wished to speak about with her, but those things would have to wait I realized, as well as the things the look in her glowing eyes suggested to me, as the odd fae told us the reason for her coming. I smiled a bit towards my queen though, and a small wink flashed across one eye, a sign that I hadn't missed the look that she'd shot towards me.

"And who has told you you're unwanted?" was my first question, before I smiled a bit. "You've found me, Requiem. Pardon me if I don't add on your title. It doesn't exactly seem to fit you all that well. If you prefer it, however, I shall, of course, add it to your name. As my queen has said, all are welcome here, so long as they, for their part, try to harm others within the land, or our allies without good cause."

Therthis

The black snorted slightly, before shaking his head. "This is a matter for you, Gold. So long as no one tries killing anyone else without good cause, I'll leave it to you." he said, before backing away and, with a running leap, shooting into the sky, away from the small group.
Back to top Go down
Erosaf

Erosaf

PostSubject: Re: I may be a mutt, but who cares? [otho]   I may be a mutt, but who cares? [otho] EmptyWed Jun 15 2011, 15:31

She was surprised overall when another fae welcomed her into the lands. She really was not used to this much attention at all, and it made her head spin for a moment, before she recovered and looked at the other. It was not an easy thing for her to become accustomed to, seeing as she was usually the one left out of most things that her family had done in the past. Not that it mattered to her at the moment, for she had come out of her hiding place to find a place where she was welcome.
She was if truth be told, a very nervous young mare. Not that many would have realised that at the moment, seeing as too many were before her. She was gladdened though when the one called Therthis and the mare called Volo moved off in their own direction. It made things so much more easy for her, when she only had Heart of Gold and this yet to be named mare in front of her. Even though having the mare here was a taxing thing when it came to being able to talk to them, she knew she was doing the right thing.

Volo laughed as she flew after Therthis, occassionally soaring past him rather easily. Then again her name did mean flight, so it was only fair that she was able to get past him with no effort on her behalf.
“There is something I meant to ask you, Therthis,” she said, as they flew silently along.
Back to top Go down
Erosaf

Erosaf

PostSubject: Re: I may be a mutt, but who cares? [otho]   I may be a mutt, but who cares? [otho] EmptySat Feb 04 2012, 21:14

POKE
Back to top Go down
otho

PostSubject: Re: I may be a mutt, but who cares? [otho]   I may be a mutt, but who cares? [otho] EmptySat Feb 04 2012, 21:27

Heart of Gold

I nodded as my king left, Volo flying after him, before I introduced my queen. "This, Requiem, is Mabaya, my queen. Mabaya, this is Requiem." I continued speaking to Requiem, knowing that the golden fae beside me wouldn't resent it.

"The Gemdas is home to many, of all sorts. It is also a place of rest for many wanderers of the lands. Should you wish to, you may join my herd, or that of Therthis or Niagra. Otherwise, you are welcome to wander in the mountains for as long as you wish. We tend towards being nonjudgmental here. After all, many of us are at least part hellion, or mixes of various other strange horses. It doesn't leave anyone much room to judge another." I wondered, for a moment, what she would say, but then I realized that any fae who had been called unwanted, and treated that way for as long as this strange, blue fae had been, would probably be more than a little surprised at my words, but would hardly say no to such an offer.

I smiled a bit more, feeling that another horse would soon join the herds of The Gemdas. Today was a good day, it seemed.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I may be a mutt, but who cares? [otho]   I may be a mutt, but who cares? [otho] Empty

Back to top Go down

I may be a mutt, but who cares? [otho]
Page 1 of 1