New lands appear. New alliances are made. Darkness once more threatens the world.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

My art, Both Digital and Studio. (Comments, questions, requests, what-have-you's are all welcome!)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
otho

Cash On Hand : 509

PostSubject: My art, Both Digital and Studio. (Comments, questions, requests, what-have-you's are all welcome!)   Sat Mar 19 2011, 21:42

Alright, so I've been drawing/painting for quite a while, but spriting stuff I haven't really done before. So due both to the fact that I seriously need critiques and such on my spriting/coloring beginnings, and I can always use ideas for all the medias I use, I've made this thread.

For painting, I've done this (recently):

Note: She's not human, though her species is closely related to humans. Just as elves have pointy ears, and dwarves are short, her species' eyes are closer to the sides of their faces, among other slight differences.

And this:

Note: A Deryni. Again, not human, but very, very close. In everything except abilities, Deryni are human. The aura surrounding her is magical, and a visible sign that she's Deryni.

At least most paintings I do are in watercolor, seeing as I don't have any acrylics or oils... I used to have acrylics though, so I may post one or two non-watercolor paintings.

Sketches (colored):

Dragon! For a dragon request thread on the DC forums.

His twin sister!

And the littlest dragon!

I have some others, but the ones of people were from a couple of years ago, and seriously suck. affraid

Sketches (No coloring):

Note: A cover for one of the books I'm planning. There's a swear word in one of the quotes, so I blacked that out beforehand. More shading is needed from the looks of the scan though.

Note: A copy of the original outline for the picture above it. This is just kinda showing how I start a lot of my sketches. It's very faint, so you may or may not be able to make out the beginning details.

Note: Two of the characters from the book for which the cover sketch was made. The quote above and below, when not cut off (scanner isn't wide enough...) reads "The ones I swore to protect were the only ones I couldn't save..." I believe I need to add a bit more obvious shading to this one. :/ Not sure though...

Note: This is.... ME! Hi, and peace out! I know of only a single problem with this picture, being that I made my face a tad too wide, and in order to fix it, I'd have to go back and move over pretty much everything on one side, which would be a major pain, especially since I'd probably make it worse. However, I'll likely try drawing another self-portrait later on sometime.

Sprite work and some-such stuff:

A flat line dragon-thingie... I did the line art, as well as all coloring (not that there's much XD). My first attempt, mind you, so I blame lack of any experience at all for resultant suck-ish-ness.

Note: Modetar! Some of my better coloring. Link to line art: http://browse.deviantart.com/?q=line%20art%20wolf&order=9&offset=24#/d1pajq1

Random mixes:

Note: A mix of people, animals, and flowers. I did both black and white sketching, and colored sketches for this. Also, I especially like this collection picture because I started with a very, very rough drawing of a deer (I'll possibly put up an example of what I'm talking about later), and in two days, I was doing the center image of the deer, the dog, and the lily in the top center frame there.

Babble:

I'm currently trying to upload an example of my better digital art, but for some reason I can't. Hopefully I can get it up here before the end of the night, but otherwise, I'll see about doing an example or two using Photobucket, and skip the uploading all together.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Erosaf

Cash On Hand : 3216

PostSubject: Re: My art, Both Digital and Studio. (Comments, questions, requests, what-have-you's are all welcome!)   Wed Mar 23 2011, 03:53

you're pretty good... I such at humans completely...
Could I make a request? Of Le Soliel my sun wolf like the one you did of Modetar with all her family in there? Only she has no set mate as yet! Don't forget her sister's pups.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.nuban-aworldofchaos.proboards.com
otho

PostSubject: Re: My art, Both Digital and Studio. (Comments, questions, requests, what-have-you's are all welcome!)   Wed Mar 23 2011, 06:47

Sure thing Erosaf, I'll be able to work on it this afternoon.
XD I used to be pretty darned bad at doing anything except for rough sketches of birds and flowers. Humans wind up getting pretty tricky, and it was only recently that I managed to properly draw hands. Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
otho

PostSubject: Re: My art, Both Digital and Studio. (Comments, questions, requests, what-have-you's are all welcome!)   Wed Mar 23 2011, 10:15

After much digging around, I found this wolf line art for Le Soliel, if you like it, E. If not, there are a few others, and should those not satisfy, I can find a ref. picture, do a black and white sketching, and then sprite it instead. Very Happy Meanwhile, I'll start coloring in the first lines, because A) you like, I've already started, or B) You don't like, and no harm done (plus I like the lines myself).
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Erosaf

PostSubject: Re: My art, Both Digital and Studio. (Comments, questions, requests, what-have-you's are all welcome!)   Wed Mar 23 2011, 13:45

nice. Can't wait to see how you get all those markings on her.. Let's see how it goes, because I may ask for more of them...
Back to top Go down
otho

PostSubject: Re: My art, Both Digital and Studio. (Comments, questions, requests, what-have-you's are all welcome!)   Wed Mar 23 2011, 19:59

Showing some of the progress on her. If you'd like me to change any coloration, base shades, or major marking changes, let me know before I go any farther on her head. Meanwhile I'll continue with getting the rough outlines of markings onto the parts of her body I haven't started doing that on. Also, for the darker orange just behind her cheek, I'll be making the transition from the one color to the next less smooth in the near future, but left it as is for now in case of color/shade changing, since it makes it easier.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Erosaf

PostSubject: Re: My art, Both Digital and Studio. (Comments, questions, requests, what-have-you's are all welcome!)   Wed Mar 23 2011, 22:57

lovely
Back to top Go down
otho

PostSubject: Re: My art, Both Digital and Studio. (Comments, questions, requests, what-have-you's are all welcome!)   Thu Mar 24 2011, 11:37

'Kay, so I've finished placing most of the markings, and the details on the head, neck, and shoulders are almost finished. After those bits are done, all I'll have to do is go through and add texture and some shading to certain areas. So it should be done either late today, or tomorrow, sometime in the afternoon, my time.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Erosaf

PostSubject: Re: My art, Both Digital and Studio. (Comments, questions, requests, what-have-you's are all welcome!)   Thu Mar 24 2011, 14:22

nice
Back to top Go down
otho

PostSubject: Re: My art, Both Digital and Studio. (Comments, questions, requests, what-have-you's are all welcome!)   Mon Nov 07 2011, 21:43

Grr... After having nearly finished, one of my brothers exited out without saving, and then I got discouraged and busy. However, I shall begin again, and work more speedily this time.

Meanwhile:

http://browse.deviantart.com/digitalart/?q=free%20wolf%20line%20art&order=9&offset=96#/d2x4qfr

Better defined shadows on this one, so I'll be working on Le Soliel's with a better idea of shading values.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
otho

PostSubject: Re: My art, Both Digital and Studio. (Comments, questions, requests, what-have-you's are all welcome!)   Thu Nov 10 2011, 19:12

'Kay, restarting on Le Soliel's picture... Let's see if this goes better, shall we?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Erosaf

PostSubject: Re: My art, Both Digital and Studio. (Comments, questions, requests, what-have-you's are all welcome!)   Thu Nov 10 2011, 19:23

We shall see, lol
Back to top Go down
otho

PostSubject: Re: My art, Both Digital and Studio. (Comments, questions, requests, what-have-you's are all welcome!)   Sun Jan 13 2013, 20:19

My Little Pony/DC Comic Crossover Art:

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Saphira

Cash On Hand : 796

PostSubject: Re: My art, Both Digital and Studio. (Comments, questions, requests, what-have-you's are all welcome!)   Mon Jan 14 2013, 01:51

Omg I love them!!!

*Greedy eyes*

*goes to think what charrie pics I need :p*
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My art, Both Digital and Studio. (Comments, questions, requests, what-have-you's are all welcome!)   

Back to top Go down

My art, Both Digital and Studio. (Comments, questions, requests, what-have-you's are all welcome!)
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1