New lands appear. New alliances are made. Darkness once more threatens the world.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Darkness has No Hold on Me, and I Hear No Temptations... (Open Wolf)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
otho

Cash On Hand : 509

PostSubject: Darkness has No Hold on Me, and I Hear No Temptations... (Open Wolf)   Thu Mar 17 2011, 11:24

Keiria

I trotted lightly along the river's edge, my fur warm and wet in the sunshine. Behind me were my pups, Modetar, Argen, Alona, Tomiko, and Sade.

Unlike other wolves, a few of my own children were winged. Sade was a Silenye wolf, the first of her kind. Argen and Modetar were winged as well, Modetar being close to Sade, while the youngest of the three was a strange mix of light and dark, with his own set of vices, and his own wonderful strengths, a hell hound in all but his personality. Beside these three were Alona, a fire wolf, and the only normal one of the lot, Tomiko.

I was deaf, myself. However, after carrying my young ones, I found a different gift, awoken by my own children's powers. I could commune using my mind, and besides that, I could sense some meaning in another's words, though hear them I could not.

We are wolves from Vernien En'Seere, I am the daughter of Modet and Snow Dawn... Any who wish to claim my heart may come. Know this though; five pups have I, and leave our coastal home we shall not, unless it is absolutely necessary. I projected my thoughts to any in the area, knowing any wolves nearby would sense it, and those who were willing would come to speak with me and mine.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Erosaf

Cash On Hand : 3216

PostSubject: Re: Darkness has No Hold on Me, and I Hear No Temptations... (Open Wolf)   Fri Mar 18 2011, 01:38

Leaving his sister to watch over the other six in their family had not been easy for the large creamy golden brute. He knew though that his heart was someone here, and he would find her now that he knew she existed. he would never have left his sister until his siblings found homes if not for her.

soon he found her, and there was a gentleness in his stance as he came within sight of her. Something was different about her, and he was not sure what to do. He sensed it was like one of his sisters.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.nuban-aworldofchaos.proboards.com
otho

PostSubject: Re: Darkness has No Hold on Me, and I Hear No Temptations... (Open Wolf)   Fri Mar 18 2011, 09:53

Keiria

I looked towards the first wolf to come. His fur was golden, soft and shining. I sat down, and behind me, Modetar and Alona paused in their play, ears perked up expectantly.

I sent a thought towards the golden wolf, my navy eyes shining intensely. Greetings, brute. I am Keiria, of Modet and Snow Dawn, the leaders of the fight against Draighean, Crepusculum, and their kind. I paused for a moment, though, considering him more closely. You have just come here though, have you not? I know of many of the wolves here, thanks to the many members of my family, and yet I do not know you, nor could I guess...

Beside me, Argen skidded to a halt, wagging his tail. "Hi there! I'm Argen. That's Modetar, and Alona, and Sade, and Tomiko. They're my brothers an' sisters. An' my mom is Keiria. We live in Vernien En'Sheere, 'cause that's where Modet and uncle Torie, and lots of others live... Who're you? Where'd you come from? Do you have a big pack? Where do you live?" he asked, bouncing around a bit as he spoke.

"I'm able to fly! See?" he added, opening his dark wings to emphasize his words. Small flames raced along the edges, bright red and yellow. "It's fun, flying. Modetar and Sade can do it too! So can our dad... I think. I never met him, but I want to know what he's like. Mom doesn't tell us about him, and no one else seems to like him. He's called Shyam, and he's a hell hound. I'm a hell hound too, I think, but I don't know for sure, and I'd really like to know. Wouldn't you like to know whether or not you're like your mom or your dad?" having run out of breath, the young wolf stopped for a moment, his tongue hanging out of his mouth as he panted. A few moments later though, he started talking again, just as fast as ever.

"There are a lot of other pups at home. Our cousin, Tirona, is there. She's blind, but she can do really weird things with plants an' animals and the ground. And there used to be others, too, but they left before I was born. Then there's Torie's pack. They don't have any pups, but there are nice she-wolves. One of them's a goddess, and she's really sweet, but she's strange too. Then there's one who's blind, and another one who's kinda..." he paused, then shook his head a bit. "Well... She's not like others, anyway. I think uncle Torie asked her to join him so he could help her, because she's got no parents, and so she doesn't know how to hunt very well."

Whatever else he was about to say though was cut off with a quick thought from me. I smiled a bit, before sending a few sentences winging towards the brute. I apologize for Argen. He's very open and curious, and, though my parents and others there have helped where they can, he and his brother especially need a father figure... And I don't wish to spend my days alone... Family is wonderful, but there is more, and I long for it....
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Erosaf

PostSubject: Re: Darkness has No Hold on Me, and I Hear No Temptations... (Open Wolf)   Fri Mar 18 2011, 13:51

There were a lot of questions that came shooting from the younger wolf's mouth and he smiled as they came. "There are eight in my family, but I have left the others to choose a pack for my own. There is my older sister, Gem, plus my younger siblings, Lindan, laura, Sarila who is blind, Chathanglass who is deaf, Sierra and Velatha." He thought the words as well, seeing as he realised it was her who had spoken in his head. "I am Drannor."

He paused. "We left our parents far from here, and, as you have guessed, we are new to this place, though where we come from, Shyam is heard of. None of the wolves i have ever known hve liked him, those who did got exiled once old enough to fend for themselves. He was not welcome there, and to know that he is here will be difficult for us to get used to, seeing as we know no one in this land."

Smiling he added. "At the moment I run with no one, though I am sure there will be someone out here who will choose me. Long have I been with my family, but now i seek to build my own pack."
Back to top Go down
otho

PostSubject: Re: Darkness has No Hold on Me, and I Hear No Temptations... (Open Wolf)   Fri Mar 18 2011, 19:39

Keiria

I smiled a bit, nodding. We, as I said, live in Vernien En'Seere. My father, Modet, is the leader of the wolves who fight against Shyam and his kind. I am the alpha female of one of the packs in the land, and related to the alpha female of the coast. Besides Shyam there are others here who would destroy wolves such as us. Draighean and his mate, Crepusculum are giant wolves, and they work to build an army. Then there is Radu, an insane and immortal wolf, the alpha in a place called Danger Gully. The gully itself is unnatural, something that was formed by the darkest things of the lands. Besides them, there's Soul Render, a poison wolf, and his pack, in a land once called Red Sun. Jalie, one of my sisters, is in his pack, and another she-wolf. The three of them, as well as Soul Render's pups, are all incredibly dangerous, due to battle prowess, as well as separate powers.

Argen turned his head a bit, barking quickly to Alona, who was standing quietly, her ears perked as she considered Drannor.

"You know me!" called out Argen, wagging his tail. "An' now you know mom, an' Alona, an' Modetar, an' Sade, an' Tomiko! And you can come to our home an' meet Modet an' Snow Dawn, an' Clearwater an' uncle Torie, an' all the wolves in his pack, an' cousin Tirona, an' everyone there! An' you could find uncle Harith, an' uncle Curcio, an' aunt Ada, an' their packs, an' you could meet all our horse allies, an' then you'd know practically everyone in the whole world!" said the black wolf, jumping from side to side excitedly, chasing his tail, and ending by pouncing on Modetar and knocking over his older brother, who batted him lazily away.

Tired, the little wolf dropped down, panting between me and Drannor. "An' then we can all beat up them bad wolves, and we'll get to play all day, an' everyone will be happy." Before I could respond, the little one dropped his head, closed his eyes and was fast asleep.

Sighing a bit, I smiled, blue eyes glancing down at him before returning to the creamy golden brute. You're welcome in my own pack, Drannor. I rather like you myself, and Argen at least seems quite taken with you. Or, if you prefer, you could speak with Clearwater and Modet. Even should you not wish to live in Vernien En'Seere, Modet and Clearwater both keep on top of the movements of many of the wolves, especially those whom are hostile to our type, and can inform you of various lands where either few packs run, or else where no packs have chosen to hunt, but are ruled by horses who are sympathetic towards us.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Erosaf

PostSubject: Re: Darkness has No Hold on Me, and I Hear No Temptations... (Open Wolf)   Fri Mar 18 2011, 20:17

"I should think I ought to meet all these who you've spoken of, and warn my sisters and broters of those who we should stay away from. Most of us are massive, and I know that those who you've spoken of would want us. I myself have the power of electricity, and there are a few others like that."

he sighed. "I will come."
Back to top Go down
otho

PostSubject: Re: Darkness has No Hold on Me, and I Hear No Temptations... (Open Wolf)   Fri Mar 18 2011, 20:43

Keiria

I smiled a bit, laughing. I didn't hear it, but I knew it; I felt it going through my throat, running along my tongue, hot air brushing across my mouth. You speak as if you were headed towards an unknown creature, and you didn't know if it would gore you, or you would manage to kill it and feast upon it. Your powers will give you something of an advantage against most, excepting Soul Render and his pack, especially the pups of my sister. One of them, according to what I have seen and learned, is capable of controlling electricity as well, and the others are just as dangerous, if not more so.

Modetar, however, wasn't so prone to such speech and bounded up, leaping over the creamy colored wolf and snapping open his long, brown and white wings, flapping them strongly before gliding around the brute. "Excellent! If you want me to, I can find your siblings and deliver the message. I know the lands well, and the only creatures I have to fear are the others of the air, while you'd have to look out for everyone, and there's evil in many of the horses as well as in the wolves. Plus, wings are quicker than feet."

Modetar, you're too young still to travel alone. Shyam could quite easily beat you, and you'd be at his mercy then. Drannor knows his siblings, and you do not. While you may know the lands, he knows his family, and those are the ones he wishes to find.

The brown and white pup cocked his head slightly, before wagging his tail slightly. "Well, I could always help you find them, Drannor. You know them, I know the lands." he shrugged a bit then, before gliding off to play with his three other siblings, occasionally beating his wings to stay airborne.

Do you wish to accompany us back home now, or do you wish to find your siblings first? Should you choose to find and warn your family first, I can guide you to the coast with my mind, if you allow me to enter, of course. Now that I have felt your thoughts once, I can find them again.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
otho

PostSubject: Re: Darkness has No Hold on Me, and I Hear No Temptations... (Open Wolf)   Mon Jun 13 2011, 13:32

(Bump)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Erosaf

PostSubject: Re: Darkness has No Hold on Me, and I Hear No Temptations... (Open Wolf)   Mon Jun 13 2011, 14:01

"There may be another who can get in the way and use the same element as I can, but i think I have had more time to learn to control it, have I not? I'm not worried by this other electricity user."

He snorted. There was nothing the younger wolf could do to him at the moment. That he knew of anyway. He would be able to deal with the insolent youngster he was sure. "I look forwards to meeting the others of your family."
Back to top Go down
otho

PostSubject: Re: Darkness has No Hold on Me, and I Hear No Temptations... (Open Wolf)   Mon Jun 13 2011, 14:27

True, but brute force and luck are powerful allies, and it is possible that the young ones born to my sister have both. Still, you're quite probably right; knowledge and skill are better weapons than strength. I said, smiling, just before a ball of fur and feathers smacked into my side, pushing me over.

"Sorry mom! Argen's being dumb again!" said Modetar, springing up and licking my neck before shooting up into the sky and diving towards his brother again.

BOTH OF YOU, STOP!

Modetar, caught off guard, spun out of control a bit, before stopping his fall and landing, light as a feather, next to his younger brother, Tomiko, and Alona. "Alright. Argen, you heard her."

"Right, sorry," came the reply from the down cast form of Argen.

Shall we then, Drannor? I asked, shaking myself a bit, before sliding my head under his, loving the feel of his warm fur against my own, the soft sound of his breathing, and the faint beating of his heart.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Erosaf

PostSubject: Re: Darkness has No Hold on Me, and I Hear No Temptations... (Open Wolf)   Mon Jun 13 2011, 14:32

He smiled at her warmly. He knew that there was a lot to learn about this world at the moment. "Don't worry, I'll learn pretty quickly who's not a freind to us. And the other things like who's who. I'm used to pups, I helped raise my siblings."
There was nothing he did not remember from that difficult time. "That was not easy with one of the others controlling my polar opposite, earth."
He chuckled. "Let's go."
Back to top Go down
otho

PostSubject: Re: Darkness has No Hold on Me, and I Hear No Temptations... (Open Wolf)   Mon Jun 13 2011, 15:18

Kiera

I smiled, wondering what would happen when he met Tirona, before bounding past the five who'd followed me, sending them all quick instructions before continuing on, with the earth bound young ones near me and Drannor, and the flight blessed pups shooting up into the air above us, Argen and Modetar scouting ahead for danger, while their sister looked for any pursuit.

~End post~
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Darkness has No Hold on Me, and I Hear No Temptations... (Open Wolf)   

Back to top Go down

Darkness has No Hold on Me, and I Hear No Temptations... (Open Wolf)
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1