New lands appear. New alliances are made. Darkness once more threatens the world.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

What's Left for Us?(Epona)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
.:Phantom:.

Cash On Hand : 1479

PostSubject: What's Left for Us?(Epona)    Thu Feb 03 2011, 18:04

Onyx

As I moved on through the strenuous miles, no pain came upon my form, but I was afflicted with more pain mentally than could be tolerated. My nostrils flared with heat that created steam in even the warmest of summer days, as I tread on broken. Tapering flesh came from my sides from the burn marks, and I knew I would be forever scarred. It didn't bother me because I was sure she would love me for what I was. No, she wasn't shallow like the other ones I had met. I refused to accept that anyone was meant for me but her. Only she didn't know...that I had been touched with lightness and darkness now.

Rolling hills touched my daggers, but I couldn't feel the shock impact since all my nerves had been destroyed by the neon blue flames. Blossoming dogwood trees stood about the land, quite beautiful to their observers, filled with sweet ivory leaves. Apple and peach trees laid in the distance, providing food for the permanent residents. It was pretty here and serene. What mattered the most, though, was that we were away from that bastard, Frenzy. My temper had run cold when it came to him, and I would fight until I died to try and defeat him. Life was only worth it if I was happy with Armada.

I thought back to the battle, the excruciating pain I had felt while fighting Frenzy. I knew I would never feel physical pain again, but how long would my mental security last? I looked beside me, and there was was - perfection to my orbs. How could I help loving her? "Armada," I said softly, the first words we had spoken during the entire journey. My vocals were raspy, but after what we'd been through, there was nothing to be said about it.

Wondering what I would tell her, I slowed my pace, moving up under a thicket of dogwood trees. There were some woods here...but not many. We would have temporary shade here and be able to rest our tired bodies and minds. After all we'd been through - the defeats and the bravery, we only had two things: a safe home for now and each other. I didn't sink to the ground yet because we still needed to talk.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Epona

Cash On Hand : 509

PostSubject: Re: What's Left for Us?(Epona)    Thu Feb 03 2011, 20:29

What had he done to me? Frenzy. He had made me snap, or come close to it. Not exactly the way I wanted to show the world my powers, well, some of them. He made me leave my own home. What the hell had I done to deserve this?

The only one I had left was Onyx, and I was even a little upset at him. The green grasses felt good underneath my hooves. I was so used to sand that it almost felt weird. I stood on a hill next to Onyx. I heard my name whispered from his lips and looked over at him, his scarred flesh catching my eye. It saddened me, but it was price to pay for our freedom. Perhaps we could go to the healer, and ask her for help, if he wanted it. I know he wouldnt easily take to asking for help but maybe I could push him in that direction.

"Onyx," I said quietly, looking at him. At least for now we were safe and together, and that was all that mattered to me. I could go an eternity with only him by my side, no matter how his looks changed, and still be happy inside.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: What's Left for Us?(Epona)    Sat Feb 05 2011, 12:51

I grazed on some succulent green grasses that sat at the edge of a hill and put my skull down to graze. Occasionally, I glanced up at my love, wondering what she was thinking, what she was feeling. I wondered if there was anything I could do but didn't want to seem too overprotective. She seemed upset with me, probably because I chose to fight that monster, but I couldn't help it! No one threatened and hurt her without me stepping in. Well, that was the new rule, the final one. All that mattered was her. "Wha...?" I found myself moping and my mind clouded at once. "Ooohh..noess...back," I said, hardly able to control my thoughts.

The great king's daggers shone in the daylight, their neon blue hue shining on edge. Cobalt was his pelt, and the smirk that he wore made even the strongest shrink away with terror. Tresses bounded up and down as he galloped nearer and nearer to the small scene. Two lovers, how sweet, how innocent, some would say. Frenzy held such disgust for the two of them, though, that he could hardly speak without spitting the words from his lips. Anger flooded through his entire form as he clambered over one last hill where they stood. "Look at what we have here," the deep, raspy voice sneered, his pillars sauntering closer to Armada. "The two lovers! Don't you know, everything comes at a price?" he laughed, slamming himself into the dazed Onyx as he crept closer to Armada.

Their pelts were touching, his coldness erupting like a volcano against her hellion warmth. "Greetings, my dear. Now, you shall pay the ultimate price for acting so....unintelligent. You shall bare my heir!" he exclaimed. Almost, he started immediately like he had on the gray fae, but wasn't it nice when they just fought - just a little bit. Armada surely wouldn't kill the little bastard when it was born - No, she would take care of it as if it didn't belong to him. Perhaps, the darkness of his heir would even rub of on her. If only.

Frenzy went behind her, nipping at her flank easily. Slow torture was the most effective kind, especially for her lowly mate, who was probably consumed with anger. Too bad he couldn't react. Many hours had it taken for him to run here, and it wouldn't be wasted on a small confrontation. Frenzy would get what he wanted, just like any other time. Perhaps, it would be a colt truly worthy to be called his son, or a small filly, one who would turn out to be just like her mother was before she changed. Either way, greatness was destined for her produce.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Epona

PostSubject: Re: What's Left for Us?(Epona)    Sun Feb 06 2011, 09:58

Her white eyes gazed upon Onyx as he grazed, wondering why he had not spoken. Of course, she was still upset with him a bit. He hadn't acknowledged her at first in front of Frenzy and it had embarrassed her. The only way he would be forgiven would be if he asked for it, but other than that maybe she would get over it eventually. But as she watched him, she noticed a change as he stuttered his words. It could only mean one thing. Frenzy.

That bastard had followed them here. She scowled, not interested in fighting at the moment. She wanted to lunge at him as he slammed in to Onyx, but she remained still, watching him to see what his next move would be. What was this idiot thinking, planning now? And then it clicked. He thought so little of her, but yet he wanted her to bare his heir. Ha! Like that would happen. This was something she wasn't going to sit back and let happen.

Armada swung her hindquarters away from Frenzy as he nipped at her flanks, anger rushing through her. It was most likely hopeless to fight against him, and she knew that, but she wasn't going to just stand there and let it happen. There was always the chance that he would back down. The dark queen kicked at him with her hind legs and snorted. "I will never bare a foal from you," she hissed, turning to stare him right in the eyes. He wasn't going to back down, Frenzy was too arrogant to do so, and Armada was too self-assured to let the monster breed her. The child would obviously be hers to raise, and to raise how she wished. It could be an advantage over Frenzy, having a foal that had both of their powers. Whoever the foal chose would be the winner in the end, wouldn't they?

She smirked, daring him to try again. In a strange way, Armada wanted him to breed her, to have his power growing within her. It would be like when she bred with Corus, except even more powerful. Trainwreck was a good show of what she produced, and Shattered was a bit of a drag. perhaps Frenzy really did want her to bare his heir, but he did not know how to court a mare. She laughed darkly, blocking her thoughts from him but allowing him to know that she was thinking of him.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: What's Left for Us?(Epona)    Sun Feb 06 2011, 10:26

Snickering and crow-hopping around to face her again, he kept his smug look. The first of his heirs would be born from the previously greatest hellion mare to ever live. Now, she was just scum, but at least her traits would be passed down to the colt or filly she bore. When it sided with him, he would be unstoppable, the worthiest king of them all. Even he, the wonderful cobalt Frenzy, had warned the devil of hell not to challenge him; even Satan had thought himself in equality to the stag. He was wrong though - dead wrong. Frenzy was the most powerful stag to ever walk the earth, and he would prove it, thought one way or another.

"Look at your lover now!" he sneered, tossing his skull in laughter. Drool hung on the lips of the 'so called' worthy mate of Armada. Why, he couldn't even protect his mind from the force of the king! What an imbecile she was to have chosen him. Frenzy peeled the beta's orbs open with his powers, making him see what was happening to his beloved before his eyes. Nimbly, he dodged her when she kicked out instinctively. Of course, he suspected her to; she had always been a bitch in his eyes. Before she could do anything else, he was at her side, his shoulder barely touching hers as he made his way lazily to her rump. She wouldn't deny him, she couldn't.

As she kicked out, it hit his shoulder, yet he kept going, suddenly moving on light daggers to her hind quarters. "Yes, you do...I can feel it. You think of me all the time. What you crave is not him...he is not satisfying. I am. You want my power, you want my heir. I know, Armada. I know all," he whispered, laughing maniacally. Suddenly, he released poor Onyx's mind just as he finished the job. Lightly coming back to the ground, he grinned smugly, preparing for her wrath. Frenzy wondered what Onyx would do, too. His temperament towards ill treatment of his love had been getting worse.

I finally came out of my daze, just in time to see him mounting and breeding my love. Anger rose quickly in me as I charged myself at him, unaware of my injuries until I felt something rip. "You get away from her. Leave us alone. NOW!" I yelled, lunging at him and biting his shoulder hard. To my surprise, he did nothing. "Fine, damage is already done," he laughed but stayed for a moment more, as if he was going to savor her reaction.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Epona

PostSubject: Re: What's Left for Us?(Epona)    Sun Feb 06 2011, 11:25

Sadness filled her eyes, along with disappointment, as she watched Onyx. How could he be so weak? She had taught him everything she had ever known. Maybe he wasn't as strong as she, which was a very good possibility. Frenzy was partially right. A part of Armada always longed for the dark, powerful type of stallion, and Onyx was definitely not that.

Armada laughed at his words, trying to cover her own thoughts. "You are a fool," she growled, her eyes burning furiously in to him. Armada was done fighting, it was useless. She stood, her head low, close to the ground, and waited for him to finish.

She was snapped from her daze as she heard Onyx shout. Not that it mattered now, Frenzy was already finished. Onyx bit him, much to her surprise, and Frenzy didn't even react, which was even more surprising. Armada, also, did not make a move to attack Frenzy. Now was not the time. She knew that, and she believed he knew that as well. The time would come when they would meet and it would be over, or he would fall, just as Corus had. The thought of Corus made her heart ache heavily. Perhaps Frenzy was like Corus, capable of emotion but only hiding them to keep up his image. Corus and Armada had very few intimate moments, but they had existed. The dark queen shook her head furiously, trying to remove the thoughts of her lover from her mind.

"It would be wise for you to leave now," Armada said in a low tone, though it was not a threat, just a simple statement. It probably was best. She was shaking, and she truly did not wish to fight him right now. The timing was not right, especially now that she had been bred.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: What's Left for Us?(Epona)    Mon Feb 07 2011, 13:44

I couldn't believe he had just done that and I had just stood by and let him. Was I really so weak that I couldn't protect the one I cared the most for. It wouldn't be, it absolutely couldn't! No pain he felt, only confidence as he strode forward easily to the brute of a stallion. For once, I felt in control, and something told me to reach deep within myself and force the king to listen to me once and for all. It was over and done with, sure, but I wanted words with him. "Frenzy," I murmured, surprised by my newly acquired deep monotone. After all, my vocal chords had been burned to oblivion.

"I will not stand for you to do this,"
I introduced strongly, seeing him taken a bit aback by my sudden statement. It was meant to catch his attention. Suddenly, I felt something emerge from my sides, noticing that it was a mutant bone, wielding itself to my side like a weapon. Would there be more? My skull felt heavy, and it was not until I looked down that I saw the spikes upon my skull had grown nearly six inches. Lifting it, I rammed it at him, feeling it sink into his flesh deeply. I heard him whimper as he looked back, surprised by my strength of will. Maybe it was that, or maybe it was just the fact that his mind control wasn't working on me right now. What had changed in five minutes? Obviously, lots.

He began to paw the ground, steam coming from his nostrils as he prepared for the fight. "Stop," I said quietly, tension in my vocals. "Not today. We will have a fair fight, where one shall live...and the other shall not," I replied, nodding him on his way, noticing that his blood was blue instead of crimson like theirs. He left the land, and all grew silent as I turned to face Armada.

"I am sorry, Armada. I've failed you," I said, keeping my stance strong and able. I wouldn't be weak before her again, and Frenzy would no longer control me. I was scarred, but I was not beaten. We still stood a chance if we worked together. We were one.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Epona

PostSubject: Re: What's Left for Us?(Epona)    Mon Feb 07 2011, 13:55

I was slightly shocked, yet again, by Onyx's reaction. The spikes on his head seemed to grow, and I noticed a bone, a random bone, on his sides. Odd. And where had he gained such courage? This was all happening so quickly. And then Onyx rammed Frenzy, causing the idiot to bleed. I was jealous. I had not been able to land a crippling blow on the brute yet, but Onyx had? Maybe I was worse off than I thought. And now I was pregnant with evil's foal. What could be worse?

Onyx sent Frenzy running, and when he apologized to me, I didn't feel that he meant it. Perhaps it was the fact that I felt so defeated inside, or perhaps it was his sudden boost of confidence that took me off guard. But for some reason, I did not feel in my heart that he was truly sorry. "You have failed none but yourself, Onyx. You should know by now that I can easily take care of my self when I need to. I do not need another to defend me, though I do appreciate your efforts." Her head was not as high as normal.

What were they to do now? I will never defeat Frenzy in the state I'm in now. Maybe this foal would bring me back to reality, give me something to actually live for. I just wish that it had been Onyx's, instead of that bastard. But Onyx was not strong enough at the time, and Frenzy had been. Fate works in strange ways, and I'm getting rather sick of following her plans instead of my own.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What's Left for Us?(Epona)    

Back to top Go down

What's Left for Us?(Epona)
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1