Freedom's Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New lands appear. New alliances are made. Darkness once more threatens the world.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Daughter of the Silver Herd

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Erosaf

Erosaf

Cash On Hand : 3216

Daughter of the Silver Herd Empty
PostSubject: Daughter of the Silver Herd   Daughter of the Silver Herd EmptyFri Jan 14 2011, 16:37

The mare was taller than normal that moved through the woods. Only hellions grew to be over nineteen hands high, and she was only half hellion. She was a glowing chestnut mare, with a blaze and long white socks. The blaze on her head covers her entire mouth as well. She has a silvery white mane and tail. Her tail though is quite short as is characteristic of the Shire breed.
It was a curious thing though, for she was one of the silver herd, yet she was a direct throwback towards her uncle's sire, Yarraman. Not to mention her father as well, for only her mane and tail were those of her mother. It was something she did not care about though. Looks were not everything.
She chuckled to herself though as she leapt easily over the creek. She was more nimble than her real father, after all she was half brumby/hellion.
Stopping she stood there,watching her surroundings.
Back to top Go down
http://www.nuban-aworldofchaos.proboards.com
Epona

Epona

Cash On Hand : 509

PostSubject: Re: Daughter of the Silver Herd   Daughter of the Silver Herd EmptyFri Jan 14 2011, 16:53

He was not positive why he had come here. It was not in his nature to seek out any to stand at his side. Yet here he was, in the land that was specifically for searching for another, another soul to complete the one he already had. Perhaps he would find one like him, a spitfire mare full of energy and sarcasm, much like him self. Or perhaps a calm one would strike his fancy. Either way, he was going in to this blind, and none of his ancestors were helping him in knowing what was to come.

And then he saw her. Clearly she had hellion blood, unlike his. She stood as tall as him, with a chestnut coat that seemed to glow.This mare was a draft, like he, and he was interested almost immediately. The way she carried her self told him that she had an attitude, and he liked that. The way she glowed, and her silvery mane and tail, told him that she perhaps had a lineage that traced back to Thowra, a great stallion that roamed here in Freedom's Palace.

Though he did not need to muster any courage, for he had plenty, he took his time approaching her, wondering to him self how to begin a conversation. It might be best to be quite blunt, he thought to himself, though it could turn out rather badly if he did that she didn't like it. He decided to take the simple approach. "Hello, my name is Thundering Rocks, but you can call me Rocks. May I ask your name?" He was being uncharacteristically polite, and it almost sickened him, but he knew it was always better to be polite than forceful when it came to making friends.
Back to top Go down
Erosaf

Erosaf

PostSubject: Re: Daughter of the Silver Herd   Daughter of the Silver Herd EmptyFri Jan 14 2011, 17:00

“Greetings: Thundering Rocks. I am Arassë,” she said. She smiled though, taking him in. He was her own height, which was something she had not expected. Her head lifted in the breeze, feeling the wind moving her long mane and ruffling the permanently short hairs of her tail.
“You likely guessed that Thowra is in my lineage. He is my uncle, my grandmother being his mother and full brother to my mother. Bel Bel herself is in my blood.”
She chuckled though, knowing that things were not always the way they appeared. “I've never heard of you though. Where are you from? Tell me about yourself.”
Back to top Go down
Epona

Epona

PostSubject: Re: Daughter of the Silver Herd   Daughter of the Silver Herd EmptyFri Jan 14 2011, 17:07

"It's nice to meet you, Arassë." He listened as she told him of her lineage. He knew of this all already, partly due to his own intuition and partly due to his ancestors whispering her story to him in the back of his mind. He smiled at her question. "My brother and I come from a land far from here, but we now reside in Eternal Paradise. We come from a long line of ancient horses, but I am not really allowed to go in to detail about that. Our kind forbids it, though there are few of them left." He paused for a moment, taking it to study her and revel in her beauty. "Tell me about you?" he asked, his bright blue eyes dancing as he watched her.
Back to top Go down
Erosaf

Erosaf

PostSubject: Re: Daughter of the Silver Herd   Daughter of the Silver Herd EmptyFri Jan 14 2011, 17:15

She smiled though as she learnt a little about him at least. "I have heard of Eternal Paradise. It's the land next to my mothers, Snowy River Forest." She chuckled. "I think my uncle was planning on visiting there himself one day soon. I know not why though."

She chuckled lightly. "I know nothing of who my father is, except that he was owned by men. And that I also look a lot like him though there are a few differences. Bella never did talk about him really."

She sighed. “I would have liked to at least know his name.”
Back to top Go down
Epona

Epona

PostSubject: Re: Daughter of the Silver Herd   Daughter of the Silver Herd EmptyFri Jan 14 2011, 20:42

Rocks smiled the best he could. "Sometimes there are reasons we do not know our families." Their culture was to remove all foals from their parents before they were old enough to make memories with them. They knew who they were, but never developed an attachment. This kept them from creating favoritism and sharing only certain things with each other. It left the past, and the future, open to all who wished to aquire it.

He felt his polite attitude slowly slipping away, though he knew she would see the true him no matter what he did. Rocks was surprised no others had tried to approach yet. That would have been sure to set him off. "So, obviously you came here in search of a home, and I have a home to offer. Would you be interested?"
Back to top Go down
Erosaf

Erosaf

PostSubject: Re: Daughter of the Silver Herd   Daughter of the Silver Herd EmptyWed Jan 19 2011, 18:55

She knew there was something about him that was different tot he others, she didn't know what though. Smiling at him though, she replied to his question. "I think I will go with you, Thundering Rocks."
Something about him pleased her, and she did not know what. Eventually she would figure it out eventually.

END THREAD?
Back to top Go down
Epona

Epona

PostSubject: Re: Daughter of the Silver Herd   Daughter of the Silver Herd EmptyWed Jan 19 2011, 18:56

sure haha you can post in Eternal Paradise if you want
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Daughter of the Silver Herd   Daughter of the Silver Herd Empty

Back to top Go down

Daughter of the Silver Herd
Page 1 of 1