Freedom's Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New lands appear. New alliances are made. Darkness once more threatens the world.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

We're Here to Stay(Ganymede's herd)

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
.:Phantom:.

Cash On Hand : 1479

We're Here to Stay(Ganymede's herd) Empty
PostSubject: We're Here to Stay(Ganymede's herd)   We're Here to Stay(Ganymede's herd) EmptySat Jan 08 2011, 17:24

Original link: http://freedomspalace.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=unclaimed20&action=display&thread=3733&page=2

Last Post:
Ganymede kept his gaze low, not minding that she was just standing there, most likely thinking thoughts of how to get away. Long lost love was even the beginning of his troubles. Closing his eyes, he felt the cold swirling of snow flakes moving around him before settling on his nose. Everywhere he tread, there was even more cold and snow than the moment before. Lost. The flames surrounded him, so close to his face as her warming bodice took him in. Hatred was all he could feel though, wanting to kill her and end her life. They just couldn't stop, not any of them. They had to manipulate their way into everything, to make everyone else suffer from their selfish errors. Sounded familiar. Was he really becoming the monster that he had hated over the hundreds of years? These stupid horses, the ones that believed that he could love and that there was a future - they were just trying to show off, trying to provide that fake sense of comfort that they had made a dwelling upon their whole lives. No more. Ganymede would not allow it.

Eyes popping open at the slight sound of a pillar being raised and replaced on the ground, he looked to the fae with vague interest. It had seemed as if she was more confused than angry, which was quite good. As long as she didn't know him, didn't know what exactly he was suppressing from coming out of his beautiful velvets. Taunts wished to come and banter her, cause her pain. Tenor lyrics wished to soothe her and mend her heart before she shattered his. Cold heart jumping, his crown shot up abruptly, not knowing at all what was going on outside or inside of his head. Ganymede didn't have the answers, and she wasn't smart enough to answer them for him. Shaking his crown, he heard her speak.

Defiance flashed in his crimson eyes as he took another couple steps back as she kept the space between them. Ganymede looked at her, anger bubbling in his hard gaze but leaving at almost the instant it appeared. "You lie," he murmured, keeping the gaze on her. "You don't care, and I know it. No need to pretend, Blizzard," he was looking her straight in the eyes now, seeing right through her sympathetic act. That's all it was - something to try to make up for the false guilt that she was trying to hide. It wasn't worth it if she didn't really feel it, right? "It's been in the making for five hundred years!" he exclaimed, stamping a dagger against the ground violently. "I always was too stupid to........never mind," he mumbled, beginning to walk off, leaving her to her distant stares and assumptions.
Back to top Go down
Saphira

Saphira

Cash On Hand : 796

PostSubject: Re: We're Here to Stay(Ganymede's herd)   We're Here to Stay(Ganymede's herd) EmptySat Jan 08 2011, 17:39

Blizzard narrowed her eyes at his cutting words, anger coursing through her veins again, her impassive facade fading as it gave way to cold fury. She had tried – No one could say she had not. He had not wanted to accept it. As the spotted stallion slowly trailed away, head hanging, she let him go without uttering another word. Thoughts and choices swirled before her, as she blinked, chocolate orbs obscured for a brief moment. What was she doing here? Talking to the enemy? Surely, she should be searching for a way out, back home, back to Ashwin. The image of her love and king stole into her mind’s eye, as the silver mare tossed her head, worry clouding her pools. The last time they had been separated, they had both stopped eating, pining too much for each other. Surely, Ashwin would take better care of himself this time?

The worry grew and grew, like a tidal wave coming to life. She had to get out of here. Tossing her head, Blizzard’s eyes flashed with defiance and determination. Out of the corner of her eye, she saw her captor standing some distance away, probably too lost in his thoughts to notice her absence. Trying to be as quiet as possible, Blizzard edged away from the group, and as she went further, burst into a gallop. She raced to the border of the land, scouring each step, but found that even the land was against her. All exits were blocked off, and she couldn’t seem to find the way she had come in. Rounding a bend, she came face to face with a stone wall.

She had been running for quite some time, and she was already discouraged and despairing of finding a way out. Glaring at the wall with frustration, the silver queen reared up, neighing with bottled up frustration and anger as her front hooves hit the stone wall hard, as though by doing that, it would actually disappear. Of course, it did no such thing. Blizzard dropped down, bowing her head in defeat for the day as she crumpled gracefully to the ground as she folded her legs beneath her. Leaning against the wall, she stared blankly, as she first stars shone overhead, blazing with cold brilliance.

Somewhere in this vast land, Ashwin was there, probably searching for her. Was he looking at the same stars? Was he thinking about her, as she thought of him? Her heart ached with grief as she closed her eyes and turned away. Hopefully, the vampire wouldn’t find her in this moment of weakness.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: We're Here to Stay(Ganymede's herd)   We're Here to Stay(Ganymede's herd) EmptySat Jan 08 2011, 18:35

It was a test. Everything was, even the seasons to the creatures filled with weakness and futility. His facade had worked, apparently, for her leaving was accompanied with both the thudding of daggers against sod and the disgusting scent trailing towards the south end of the territory. He would have thought she would have picked up on his games after being here so long, but some were just incapable of comprehension. Well, after five hundred years, no one really had an excuse for not being able to solve every sort of riddle and be the master of every game. Sighing, he shook his skull with disappointment. One moment, she was telling him she cared about him, and the next, she was running off, flaunting her vanity to him. After all these years, mares were still stupid and confusing, a combination that Ganymede absolutely hated.

In moments, he was beside her. Scenery had blurred past him in seconds, the rolling hills seeming like flat land. With ease, he leaped over massive rivers and gorges, coming to a small clearing with the pallid vixen. Luckily, her attempt had not done anything but weaken her and make her more frustrated. "You know. This is just how I like 'em, fiery," he laughed, rubbing his cold granite bodice against hers. No sound had he made approaching. "Surprised to see me? Yeah, that's kind of a vampire thing. The intelligence is just natural," he replied, trailing her gaze to the stars. In ancient times, lovers stared at the stars and knew that they were seeing the same sky across all the lands, knowing they were seeing the same sky, no matter where they were. Ganymede thought it was rather pointless, since some stranger they could have never met was seeing those same stars, that same moon. Mares....they were all alike.

"You said you cared," he whispered suddenly, dropping his crimson orbs to the ground for a moment before breathing in once in the summer night. "What if I do too?" he paused for a moment, reverting his orbs to hers as she looked off into the distance. They couldn't possibly keep things like this forever, fighting on and off like children did. Someday, there would be resolution to all of their problems, whatever it was. "What would you do if I told you?" he asked his final question, looking at those same stars as he awaited his answer. This would either go one way or another. What was so special about this one puny mare? Why did she catch his attention so much....and mostly....no, he wouldn't even think about that. Ganymede's expression was hard again in a second and more defensive than it had ever been. She wasn't worth any self sacrifice. After all, that was what had broken his heart so many times before.
Back to top Go down
Saphira

Saphira

PostSubject: Re: We're Here to Stay(Ganymede's herd)   We're Here to Stay(Ganymede's herd) EmptySat Jan 08 2011, 19:08

It was rather pointless and stupid really, but Blizzard had nothing left to cling to but a thin thread of hope. Staring at the distant stars, she could almost imagine that she was close to Ashwin again. If she closed her eyes… She could almost feel the warmth of his pelt against hers, his familiar, comforting scent, and the love in his forest green pools. Her breath rushed out of her in a sigh as her harks flattened. The moon glowed, bathing the clearing with its icy brilliance, making the silver mare seem radiant. She didn’t care for games anymore. She just wanted to go home. Yet, she was intrigued by the vampire that ruled the lands. For a moment, his carefully constructed facade seemed to crumple into dust, leaving him vulnerable, showing that there was much, much more to him that simply met the eye. What was it? While he was talking to her, he seemed… Lost.

Her eyes had closed again, the strain of the day’s events having taken a toll on the silver fae. Perhaps, tonight, she would be able to sleep well, without him disturbing her. Just a little rest… Surely he would take longer than one night to find her. There was too much land to search. No such luck, apparently. A breath of wind, his cold, hard flank pressed against the warm one, sending a chill deep into her body. Shocked out of her almost sleeping state, she reacted instinctively, rising to her hooves and whirling to some distance away, flanks heaving with shock and surprise as the cold, hard voice of Gaymede penetrated the silent air.

She stiffened with silent fury. If looks could kill… Well, he would have been dead a hundred times over already. “Glad to see you too, Vampire,” she spat out, annoyed. “And I see you’re just as modest as always.” Didn’t the stag ever sleep? Shaking her silver locks over her shoulder, she glanced around, shifting her weight anxiously. It was so quick, but she could have sworn she had felt a bump within her. The foal? Blizzard shook her head, turning her infuriated gaze onto the spotted stag, opening her mouth to snap at him, when his voice whispered softly out.

The fae froze with shock for a moment, eyes wide as the stallion dropped his eyes, the words breathed out so softly she almost could not catch them. Her mouth fell open with surprise at his words, the fur prickling up her spine as she took a wary step to the side. Her breathing was light, shallow but rapid as a stray breeze stirred her silver tresses around her, creating a halo. She swallowed, gaze sliding off him into the distant stars again, as she contemplated his words. Surely, he was jesting with her. It was impossible to even consider that his words might be the truth. Dragging her gaze reluctantly towards him, she met his crimson orbs, just into time to see them turn hard and cold again.

A chill, nothing to do with the temperature, seeped into her skin. Blizzard stood motionless, watching him, mind reeling from the implications of his words. Sucking in a deep breath, she spoke gently, eyes luminous in the darkness. “Gaymede.” She paused, considering how to continue. “As a fellow equine… I care for you. I feel your hurt as my own.” She stopped, not knowing how to continue. He cared for her? In what sense? How? Why? “I don’t understand,” she murmured at last, voice dropping as she lowered her eyes, hiding the lie in those words. If she was to answer that, she had to trust him first. Trust him to know he would not lie. Whether he spoke of friendship or something…. More, her heart was undeniably bound fast with Ashwin’s. He was he soul mate in this life, and nothing would be able to change that.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: We're Here to Stay(Ganymede's herd)   We're Here to Stay(Ganymede's herd) EmptySat Jan 08 2011, 20:02

Crimson orbs fixed themselves on the faraway moon, feeling that the more time he stared at it, the farther away it got. For a while, he just stood there, pleading all the light to just consume and kill him on the spot...just to take him away from this world for just a moment. Just for a minute, he wanted it to feel like they were the only ones alive, like it was just them on this earth, sharing that pain. If only she could understand why he had done it - those ancient memories of when the moon was first born. Tears nearly spilled from his dark orbs but he wouldn't will himself to look weak before her. Instead, she shot him a nasty look momentarily before turning his attention to a rippling stream. It was like the life he had before, the one he envied so terribly now that it was gone.

Ganymede sighed deeply, wondering why she couldn't just acquiesce to his commands, why everyone had to flaunt their defiance. None of those arcane thoughts belonged to her, except rumors he had kept from her mind for her sake. Sure, he was brazen and an upright jackass sometimes, but vampires knew when their true love came along. There never was more than one for every vampire...and they were always extremely hard to obtain. "Shut up," he commanded in a brusque manner, shooting her a callous look. By now, she should know he wasn't afraid to demean and decry her. As much as an idiot he was, she was. But, from her temperamental attitude to her self-sacrificial love for weak stags...he loved her. Why, though...he asked himself? No one could heal him, not even someone that pitied him so much that she wouldn't try and run away every moment of the day.

"Y-You just don't get it...." he whispered, sliding down a bank and sauntering into a spacious cave. Sharply glancing back, he told her to come with him. Things sacred to the vampires of the world were found in such places. The magic within them could show even the most brainwashed the truth and which destiny they were meant to live. Jewels of richest stones glimmered off the cave wall as he stood there on the sandy terrain. Moments after his moving, lightening struck the exact place he had previously been standing. "Intuitive...all vampires have it," he whispered, lightly smiling as he moved over to a small oasis. "I'll tell you the truth," he said, sighing. His crimson orbs looked for a conformation. Maybe h was wasting his time. Did she even want to know?

After hearing her soft words, rage crept up his throat as his muscles reacted by taking a furious step towards her. Calming himself, he stayed put, looking down on her, his regal majesty radiating from him like light emitted from the sun. "He tried to force the queen of all....went to Danger Gully. Is that what you want to hear?!" he fumed hissing as he showed his fangs violently. Ganymede took a few steps away from her, knowing he'd hurt her more than he intended to. Why was he doing this? He loved her. Ganymede shook his skull, already feeling the tears spilling from his orbs. Oh, he'd tried so long to suppress them and to make them go away. How could he expect her to understand when he had never told her the truth, the reasoning behind the sneak.

"It was you," he murmured, pausing as he looked back to her, sadness pouring straight from his heart. "I lied about my age....seven thousand five-hundred and twenty seven" he whispered, telling the first truth but not the last, and not nearly the worst. Calming down, he began. "The moon was not always in the sky. No, in fact...she was one of us. I loved her....we were together....u-until the darkness began to descend on the earth - the first hellions. The first ones could only come out on nights without light. She gave her life to protect the world and made me immortal - promised me two years ago that she would sent me 'The one with my hue, so innocent, so light. Belongs to another, as dark as night'," he finished, leaving her to infer her own from the tale he told. If she chose not to believe him, it was his last battle move, his last fight with her. They were done. "The only thing was..I had to prove my worth to her....she said it would be difficult, even impossible if I didn't do it right. I screwed up," he said his last words, staring into the crystalline pools of water.
Back to top Go down
Saphira

Saphira

PostSubject: Re: We're Here to Stay(Ganymede's herd)   We're Here to Stay(Ganymede's herd) EmptySun Jan 09 2011, 06:11

It was so confusing, she thought, staring in a kind of morbid, detached fascination at the ancient vampire stallion. Strange and fascinating that he could swing from one emotion to another so quickly, as though he had many different sides, many different personalities to him and he could not decide which one suited him best. His quick retort to her sarcasm was to ask her to ‘shut up’, as though she would really listen to him. Perhaps if he had spoken nicely… Blizzard bit back a playful grin as she stared nonchalantly back at the stallion, brown eyes brimming with barely suppressed amusement and insolence. I don’t fear you, they seemed to say. No, she wasn’t trying to undermine his authority. It was mostly for her benefit. By doing this and stirring him up, she, at least, could feel at she still had control of some aspect of her life. Of course, it was just a bonus that she happened to have great fun jesting and teasing him, like a ball being batted back and forth between them, neither willing to give up. “Of course, sir, your wish is my command,” she said with a perfectly straight face as she stared at him.

Tossing her mane, Blizzard tilted her head, forelock falling softly over her eyes as Gaymede turned sliding down a nearby bank, gesturing to her to follow. Cautiously, the silver mare followed him, ears laid back warily. The path ahead was lit up with a soft wash of moonlight over the smooth ground, outlining the gaping maw of a large cave ahead. Watching, he strode confidently into the cave as she took a small step forward. Looking downwards, Blizzard took a deep breath, wondering, not for the first time, if she had somehow lost her mind. Sliding down gracefully, the mare jumped back with shock, the whites of her eyes showing as she whinnied, watching as lightly struck the ground in front of her. Shaken, she did not reply to Gaymede’s whispered words, creeping around the spot where a blackened patch now stood. Blinking, Blizzard took in a calming breath, peering forward into the cave – and gasped with shock. The richest and most precious stones could be seen glittering brightly within, illuminating the otherwise darkened space. It truly was beautiful. But just as she lifted a hoof to step in, she paused, slowly putting it down. It didn’t seem right. There was a strange aura hovering about this place. Something special… Sacred even. She felt as though she were intruding.

But Gaymede had started moving further into the cave. Anxious, suddenly, Blizzard lifted her head, walking in, following the spotted stag to where a small oasis lay. The water was calm, still as a mirror, so that their reflections could be seen clearly. Whispered words floated with a graceful melody in the air, and Blizzard looked up at the taller horse, startled. He sounded so solemn. The truth? About what? The young fae could only wonder and guess at what mysteries his mind concealed. He would surely have seen much, having lived for many centuries. There were many secrets he would have learnt. As her parents often said, ‘knowledge is power’. Was this about to prove true? Blizzard slowly met his crimson gaze – his eyes requesting a signal that he should continue. To tell the truth, the fae had never felt so confused in her life. Still, she slowly nodded, curiosity driving her forward, into the unknown. A magical tension seemed to hover in the air around them, as though this conversation was the most important thing that could happen. At that thought, the silver moon-hued fae shook her head, laughing lightly to herself. Such imagination.

A few other words passed between them, but at the last few of hers, rage clouded Gaymede’s blood-hued pools, as every muscle in his body seemed to tense. He took a step towards her, and Blizzard felt herself shrink back, terror breaking through suddenly. Like this, he looked like what he was exactly – a predator. Power seemed to radiate from the large stallion, as Gaymede seemed to increase in height, towering even more over her smaller frame. The words he spoke were not shouted, but they might as well have been. They hit her like daggers to her heart, as Blizzard took a step backwards, as though reeling from the force of a blow.

No! Tears blurred her vision, reducing all that was in her line of sight into a few indistinguishable fuzzy spots. She staggered slightly, shaking as her mind reeled. Oh, Ashwin. He had indeed done something foolish again as a last-ditch attempt to get her back. Her flanks heaved as she shook her head furiously, denying the truth of those words. “You’re wrong!” she cried out, eyes flaring passionately as though the force of her voice could undo what her love had already done. “He didn’t… Ashwin… He’s not a forcer,” she insisted, voice shaking as she backed up slightly. So lost in her tumult of emotions was the silver queen, that she did not notice the liquid diamonds spilling from the other’s eyes. Oh Ashwin! What have you done? A sudden urge to see him again, to make him feel better, to chase away his sorrow filled her. If she could, she would have run. Run away from here, run away from the stag that had stolen her, run back to Ashwin in the desert lands.

Through the roaring of blood in her ears, Blizzard heard the softly spoken words, as she looked up at him, puzzled. Tears still caught on her muzzle, staining the silken hairs and clumping them together. Her chocolate pools meeting his eyes, she was struck by the depth of grief and ancient sadness in them. As he continued, Blizzard breathed in, filling her lungs with air and struggling to compose herself to hear his tale. This news of Ashwin had distracted her, and it took a while before she could truly focus on what he was saying.

The rational part of her mind, not dazed by the grief, was vaguely amazed and impressed. She couldn’t care less about his age, but it was a wondrous thing to know – the moon was not always in the sky. He had loved her… And she had been taken from him. The fae must have truly been one of splendid beauty, just as she was now, floating in the night sky, watching over the equines as they slept. Her breathing picked up, and Blizzard’s eyes widened as he got to the part about a prophecy – of her? Blizzard shook her head, utterly overwhelmed. So… what was she supposed to be? His long-lost mate or something? Was that why he had stolen her?

She had to know. “Is that why you stole me?” she asked, voice still trembling slightly. “But how do you know it refers to me?” she questioned, locking gazes with him. She was emotionally drained, and exhausted with lack of sleep. She had not the presence of mind to sift through all the information and separate the lies from the truth. The words would have to be taken at face value. His final sentence – so sad, sounded so defeated that it made her already aching heart hurt even more.

“I…” Blizzard shook her head, fresh tears spilling out, though she knew not the reason why. Sucking in a shuddering breath, she hung her head, closing her eyes. Her legs ached, her head ached, and her heart ached. She seemed heavier and clumsier too. Turning her head, she absent-mindedly nudged her rounding flanks as she searched for words.

“I don’t know what to say,” she laughed, slightly hysterical, before shaking her head and calming down. “So you’re saying that I’m supposed to be your mate? Is that it? The prophecy might say so, but don’t I get any choice in this matter?” She shut her eyes, forcing herself to calm down, before saying quietly, “I’m exhausted and I can’t think now. We can continue this discussion again tomorrow.”

Her words were final, but not harsh. Opening her eyes, she smiled a faint smile – her first genuine one since coming here, before sinking down to the ground, beside the still, glassy water. She laid her head on the ground, the tiredness overtaking her as she was quickly drawn into the black nothingness of sleep. She knew not if the vampire stallion had stayed or left – but would she have minded now? He had given her much to think about, but one thing was for sure – her love for Ashwin. The prophecy might or might not prove true, but her heart, right now, was Ashwin’s. As long as he was alive, how could she even think of loving another? Especially after how much she knew he had pined for her, and the great lengths he would go for her?

(OOC: Wow o.o Intense much? And omg, 1481 words! What in the world happened? xD)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: We're Here to Stay(Ganymede's herd)   We're Here to Stay(Ganymede's herd) EmptySun Jan 09 2011, 09:09

Moonlight struck the edge of the cave, sending a chill up the spotted spine. It was not the average overly-emotional chill that two lovers got on a sandy beach. In fact it was the first one he had since his changing into what he was today. Those two crimson pools glared out the tapered cave entrance - past the most massive stalagmites and stalactites to what shone down upon him. Early dawn hued daggers clambered up the small rise to the edge of the cave, the bloody light taking its toll on his shimmering pearly bodice. Any moment now, he felt like he was going to sweat, to cry out in horror at the sight. As elated as he was about finding the fae of purest quartz, the scene he was standing in now made him want to rip the very heart out that had gotten him into this mess.

What he saw was something not even he could explain, for he had never witnessed anything even in similarity to it. The moon was blood red, seemingly about to burst with her solitude and sadness. Had he disappointed her, hurt her by loving someone else? They possibly could not still be one after all this time in waiting. No...she couldn't have found another in the sky to take his place, could she? This couldn't be why she had made the prophecy in the first place. In loathing and deep pain, he cried out to the world. "I hate you," he whispered, new tears streaming down his features, dripping down his cheeks to his pillars and finally to the ground where each of them fell like a shooting star. For a moment, his eyes squinted, and he felt like whimpering like a small colt, running to his mother for support. His mother was dead - there was no one to run to now. Welcome to the real world, Ganymede those words rang in his mind, in her soft lyrical tones that used to chase all his fear away and replace it with the utmost joy and hope. Now, they only hurt, cut deeper with every stab they made into his soul, ripping it apart from the inside out. "Why?" he whispered again, looking up at his past lover, the blood red moon. Ganymede knew what it signified but wouldn't, couldn't accept it in a million lifetimes.

Ganymede had always felt so intrepid when she was shining down on him, even more so from the moment he first met Blizzard. Both of them made him so much stronger, filled his senses with something more than hope, something happier than joy. They both broke his heart and made it whole again at the exact same time. Hanging his skull, his messy forelock fell over his perfectly sculpted features. Right now, he wanted to lay himself down and say that everything was going to be okay, that he would die like all the others and not have to deal with all the crap that his life dished out on a daily basis. Why couldn't it all just be easy? "Give me peace and serenity for just five goddamn minutes!" he pleaded, begging to her, pleading with all his might. It was no use. She was hopeless now, so filled with the ideas of her perfect life in the sky that she couldn't even understand what he was going through...stuck here on earth for eternity.

The whip-like neck shot back at her, fangs clipping together with precision at her words. Of course, only believe what you want to hear....don't believe the truth he thought, glancing at her sideways from the lips of the cave. Treading back in, he let a sigh purse his velvets but did not release it into the suddenly frigid air surrounding them in the cave. His bodice was still rigid from his momentary experience with the moon, yet his mind still longed for the answer to the main question. What did it mean? Night winds rustled the marvelous oak trees from their foundation all the way out to the tips of their green leaves. Silence echoed throughout the night like a siren from the heavens above, summoning all the emotions that laid underneath the firm heart of the vampire. Emotions were arousing themselves, being pushed to the outside, where they were so much more vulnerable than before.

Sighing, he moved his golden stripe dagger, smaller than most stags and worn for thousands of years into the shimmering, crystalline waters of life. Around his dagger, the water rippled softly, moving to each of the edges before settling into calm silence again. "Times change, Blizzard," he whispered, feeling his orbs bead up with more tears. Unsettled feelings lingered in the pit of his stomach, the sides of his skull pounding with forgotten rage. It had been accumulating for thousands of years, just waiting to be released with pain and fury. It was so intense, so immense so that he just wanted to rid himself of it. At other times, he wanted more of it in hopes to just get it over with. For once, he was confused with what he wanted. All he knew was true was that he loved Blizzard more than night and day, needed her more than the day needed the sun, more than deserts need cacti, more than he needed the moon.

"Yes," he whispered instinctively, some night gales moving his silken whipcord as he laid his harks back as the nervous feeling swept through his massive bodice. "I know....I feel it. Ever since I first met you, I knew," he said, taking a tentative step in her direction. "I was hiding from the truth - but now I accept it. I've never felt this way about anyone, Blizzard, you have to believe me," his words felt rushed, laced with sincerity and kindness. They were perfect truth, having no sense of betrayal in them. Ganymede would never betray her. Why would she do the same? It was that bastard...that puny king of the desert. Things like this always got in the way, it simply wasn't fair!

Ganymede nodded his skull sharply with confirmation, pondering whether he should stay by her side throughout the night or go back to the herd. His thoughts lingered, making him want to weep with all his heart and cry for the heavens to strike him dead. It would never happen, though, and it felt....wrong to leave her. Sinking down to his knees, he laid down beside her, his massive bodice fitting perfectly into place right beside hers. Although he didn't sleep, he would keep watch over her all through the night to make sure she was okay and that nothing terrible happened to her in her deep slumbers. He sighed, quietly waiting for morning to approach.

OOC: Told you it would be good. xD Stay tuned....there's more!! 1142 words for mine. lol
Back to top Go down
Saphira

Saphira

PostSubject: Re: We're Here to Stay(Ganymede's herd)   We're Here to Stay(Ganymede's herd) EmptyMon Jan 10 2011, 05:41

She slept, but did not rest. She heard, but did not see. She dreamed… Dreamed of, oh, so many things. Things that once made perfect sense while dreaming it, became a mess of confusion and swirls and snatches of conversation as the pallid fae awoke. They depicted her in many different places, at many different times. They depicted the times when she was but a foal, all the way until she had reached adulthood and found Ashwin as a mate. The ghosts of her past, present, and perhaps future visited her that night, as she lay in deep sleep, unknowing and uncaring of the world around her. She saw once again her parents and friends, she dreamed of Ashwin and the small band of mares that used to live in the desert, she dreamed of Gaymede and a small, unnamed and unknown shape that seemed to call to her. They whispered things into her ear, comforts and warnings, prophetic-sounding words and riddles that she knew not the meaning of.

How? Why? She dreamed of the world’s birth, of all the horses that had gone by. She dreamed and tasted the heartbreak of some, and the joy of others. She tasted the flavours of hatred and love, happiness and sorrow. She dreamed as the moon shone steadily down upon the cave in which they were in, bathing the small cove in its silver glory. Beauteous indeed, was the lady of the moon. In the day, the sun reigned, casting its fiery heat and blazing rays with all its fury upon the earth and the creatures that lived under it for but half a day. At night, the Lady came out, replacing the majestic ball of light and heat. The moon was like the balm to the parched land. At night, under her watchful eye, the land and creatures healed and rested, preparing themselves once again to face the next day’s challenges.

Her body might have rested, but her mind did not. Again and again the doubts and uncertainties, the determination and stubbornness chased each other through her cluttered mind. Everything, which once seemed so simple, so clear, was not apparently so. The lines of right and wrong grew evermore blurred, and shades of grey were formed in the middle, where once there was only black and white. What was defined by right? Right for you? Or right for others? Was it fair to have waited for thousands of years for a single love? Was it fair to have the love of your life ripped away because of a supposed prophecy?

What was right? Nothing seemed clear anymore.

As dawn neared, the radiance of the silvery moon dimmed, as the first powerful rays of the sun peeked over the horizon, seemingly a last warning for the moon to fade away till it was time for her to rise again. Along with the moon, the last remnants of the silver fae’s sleep, too, faded away, back into the source of all dreams. Her breathing quickened slightly, for she was in the realm, suspended halfway between sleep and wakefulness. The troubling echoes slowly chimed their last, before they, too, faded back into the blackness. It was in this stage, when Blizzard heard an echo, a soft replay of the conversation the night before.

"I was hiding from the truth - but now I accept it. I've never felt this way about anyone, Blizzard, you have to believe me.”

Her consciousness shied away from it, not wanting to believe it, wishing she could declare the statement openly as false. Her rational mind might have protested, but her instincts had always proved stronger than her logic. And this time, her instincts told her it was for real. She could not hide from the truth of his words, from the power of the truth. He had accepted it, though he had not wanted to. Could she? Should she? Did she want to? Questions after questions after questions. More and more spilled out of the recesses of her mind, but none were even close to being answered. After all, who could answer them but the moon herself? Not her, not Gaymede, not Ashwin. And the moon was too far away to travel, and had not shown and inkling of volunteering herself to come back down to earth to kindly clarify her doubts. What, then? Gaymede had played his cards, opening them up to her. She had the power now – but she didn’t know what to do.

She could never leave Ashwin. She could never leave Gaymede with a clear conscience, knowing that if she left, he would be doomed to walk the earth alone for another few hundred years? What should she do? What was she supposed to do? What was the path she was supposed to walk? Could one fight against destiny? Should one? What would be the consequences of each decision? Would this decision affect only them? Or were they just small drops of water in a bigger ocean? Would their decision lead to a chain of events that would ultimately harm more equines? What should she do? What should she choose?

As the first golden rays of dawn illuminated the cooled land, Blizzard emerged from the dark waters of sleep. As the comforting darkness slipped away, she desperately tried to gasp onto it, not willing to wake up, not willing to face what would be in store for her on this new day. She kept her eyes shut, even though the outside world gradually filtered into her brain through her senses of hearing, touch and smell. Speaking of touch… Her flank was pressed against something hard and cold… Something that smelled terribly like Gaymede.

Just yesterday, she would have jumped up and snapped at him, ire in her voice and eyes. Now, she didn’t do anything. Too weary, perhaps. Or maybe just too much had changed between them. For better or for worse? Only time would be able to tell.

Blizzard, tired of the facade of sleep, opened her eyes, squinting in the bright morning sunlight as she blinked away the blurriness that clouded her chocolate lenses. Though she had gotten nearly a full night’s rest, she did not feel rested at all. Lifting her head from the ground, the fae’s silver tresses spilled onto her neck, the ends softly sweeping across the ground. Turning her head to face Gaymede, she flicked her ears in surprise, grunting a irritable greeting, feeling too sleepy to do anything more. Groaning, the pallid fae heaved herself to her hooves, staggering slightly as she tried to keep her balance, before walking over to the oasis, now ruffled by the soft breaths of the wind. Blizzard lowered her head, quenching her parched throat as the cool, delicious liquid slipped down her gullet, refreshing her as she looked up with more energy. Shaking her head, she picked up one hoof after another, turning round and walking, shaking out the kinks in her legs.

She kept her eyes from the stallion, awkwardness in her gaze. The air was silent. The fae knew not what she should say to break the silence that had grown between them. She had begged rest the night before, claiming exhaustion in order to avoid the inevitable. She had not clarification, no dazzling flash of inspiration during the night. The silver mare had woken up, just as confused as ever – or perhaps even more so.

She didn’t think she could say yea or nay to him now. Perhaps the best thing to do was to give them both more time. Raising her head, Blizzard looked at the spotted stag, a slight smile pulling at the corners of her mouth. Slight – no more no less. She did not yet know on what grounds their relationship stood. They were not yet friends, but neither were they true enemies.

“Morning,” she murmured quietly, harks flickering uncertainly. She left it at that, not knowing how his emotions would have changed over the night.

(OOC: Wow... Long post again xD Loving this thread! Can’t wait for the ‘more’! xD)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: We're Here to Stay(Ganymede's herd)   We're Here to Stay(Ganymede's herd) EmptyMon Jan 17 2011, 16:27

Why were they there? So many times had he wondered this since the moment of their meeting. That belligerent glare that he received every time he let his pupils graze against her beautiful bodice felt almost out of place. Every time she tried to get away, a knife cut into his heart deeper and deeper with every jab. It was only a matter of time until she shattered it like glass. Nothing made sense except that they were here together and eventually, they would find resolution. Ganymede couldn't comprehend the gathering of thoughts. His mind told him one thing, but his emotions told him another. It felt so right to let her go back to the one she loved - the one that wasn't him. It felt like he was destroying that last glimmer of hope, to finally achieve that long lost love. These feelings felt just out of reach....like he would jump forever just to reach their outer boundaries yet never succeed. Was that all this was, another opportunity to fail miserably?

Ganymede wondered if things would make less sense as he went along. The world felt like it had slowed and they were the only ones left, living at its mercy. The ivory hued stag felt detached from the world, as if he was floating above, watching down on the only thing he felt any sort of emotion towards. Pain followed, along with hate. This time, it wasn't towards her...but towards her. You said I would have her he pleaded up to the sky, tears cascading from his crimson eyes again. "You lied," he whispered painfully, gazing at the rising sun in the east with fear stricken eyes. Harks laid flat against his perfectly chiseled skull as he felt the quartz tresses plastered to his features. Every muscle quivered with nervousness - he felt like the entire world was shaking under her mighty grip on him.

Rays of light glinted in his eyes momentarily, showing a dull glint which lacked any emotion. His cold lips stayed neutral, not even bothering to show that he was rather displeased. How could be angry with her? It wasn't her fault that she had another lover. Shaking his skull slightly, he finally faced the obvious. It was too late, and she would never accept the reality that he loved her more than anything. There was only one option left. Looking like just a colt, he looked to her innocently, wondering what her answer would be. If she wanted to go, he wouldn't stop her now...he just wanted to pour his heart to her one time. Would that change anything, or would it just make him seem weaker to her? Would she try to take advantage of him in his weakened state of mind?

Memories flooded back to his mind, ones of the sweetest time of his life. Why did you leave me?! he cried out in his mind, pacing back and forth, stopping finally. Ganymede felt his chest heaving from his panting, and he struck out at the wall in sheer anger. A ginormous striking sound radiated throughout the cave. Rolling hills filled his mind, the mist sitting low in the small gullies in-between. A small river settled in the land, trickling through it gently. It seemed to provide life to all, with small robins and rabbits crowding around it to taste some of its sweet, pure beauty. Everyone wanted it - even he wished to feel some of its radiance in himself.

A tiny sound echoed through his mind, sending thrilling shocks throughout his massive bodice. Soft, recognizable lyrics pounded in his brain...the soft movements of her pillars against the summer ground. Oh, it was music to his ears. It was the goddess of the moon, and the vision he saw...was it...Alaknanda? Many stags were gathered around them all, taking a gander at the beauty. Those same floating, gorgeous tresses glowed in the cascading sunlight as he stepped forward. She was...unreachable though. Light hues of purple and the lightest blue danced upon the shores of her, her waves pulling in everyone that dared to look into her eyes. Above her, at night, the stars of Andromeda and all celestial things would greet her, saying goodbye to her after her deep slumbers. She was so beautiful, so unattainable. Why couldn't she be his again?

Even after the sweet image of her faded away, he could still feel her warmth, the sweet music of the forest singing for them. When he pushed it away, he felt especially vulnerable and afraid - like he had no one to lean on but himself. There was only Blizzard....and she still didn't like him how he wanted her to. As she spoke, he snapped his crown around violently to face her. His orbs were dark this morning, dangerously low on blood, and he knew he would have to hunt soon to survive. What would happen if he dared to drink from hers? After all, that was what the inevitable bond between two creatures on earth called for. The purest of true loves shared these feelings with each other though pleasure and pain. He was an immortal. Why shouldn't he get what he wanted?

Voices pounded in his mind for a moment before he stepped closer to the shining ivory mare, eying her nervously. Ganymede cleared his throat, wanting an answer - whether to leave or to stay and talk it out. He felt like every word he could speak would be raspy and stressed. His orbs laid on her in a hard manner as she sipped the crystalline liquid easily, refreshing herself before speaking. Ganymede had almost forgotten that these delicate mortals required constant nourishing to survive this messed up world. It was only natural that she would want some food and water before starting their talk today. Unfortunately, it wouldn't last forever. All this would come to a close, for the better or for the worse. It didn't matter which. He wanted answers - now.

For a moment, he morbidly looked at her, the old hate and anguish reappearing upon his features. "Morning.." he replied, stamping a dagger impatiently. "If I let you go...would you? What do you want....from me....from him?" he asked softly, lowering his skull in forfeit. This time, she had won - what, he hadn't figured out yet. Winning his heart was the ultimate award, and seeing as he hadn't felt like this in thousands of years, he knew she must have struck home. Did he even want her to though? "How do you feel about me...do you love me? Could you?" he asked, eyes pleading with mixed emotions. If the moon was going to betray him like this...he would give up - no questions asked. Easiest part was, he didn't have to worry about telling the moon about his true love when she came crawling back. Evidently, she knew all. Maybe, she would find out the truth someday and oh, how entertaining it would be when she did.
Back to top Go down
Saphira

Saphira

PostSubject: Re: We're Here to Stay(Ganymede's herd)   We're Here to Stay(Ganymede's herd) EmptyFri Jan 21 2011, 22:11

The soft light gleamed subtly in the cave, its pure radiance washing over the smooth stones and both their ivory pelts. The hunter and the hunted. Or what used to be that, and was now something more. Blizzard’s chocolate brown pools raised to meet Gaymede’s onyx gaze, and instinctively, she shrank from it, the irrational part of her shying instinctively away from the predator. Her ears flattened warily, as she stepped hesitantly closer, ignoring his abrupt, harsh tone. He had probably been pondering over it the whole night, as she had.

What had she achieved, though? Had her decision grown any clearer? Or had the lines between right and wrong merely blurred even more? Narrowing her orbs slightly, the fae searched her memories, looking for the rapidly fading dreams of the night, as though by pure strength of will, the answer would miraculously appear in front of her. As such, she was as undecided as ever. A part of her, childish, wanted to wail and curse with annoyance. She had never asked for any part of this! Why didn't they send the vampire earlier, if they were truly meant to be together, instead of allowing her to find love in Ashwin at the river?

Her heart leapt at Gaymede’s next words, eyes locked onto his as she searched the glittering pools. “I – " What could she say? She longed to see her love again, yet she could not truly turn her back on the lonely vampire. "It's... It's not what I want. I..." Blizzard shook her head, sucking in a deep breath as her lungs expanded, absorbing the extra oxygen within the air. Exhaling, she sighed. "I love him, Gaymdede. We've been through so much together. I can't leave him." But I can’t leave like this either!

“I suppose I could,” Blizzard told him quietly, honestly. “You’re not wholly a monster – just a tortured soul. Under different circumstances, in different universes, yes, I suppose we would have been happy together.” For it was true. She liked him. She enjoyed sparring with him, his sense of humour - twisted and warped though it may be.

"I'm sorry," she whispered softly, her heart aching. She barely knew him, yet it felt like she was been torn apart. Her head drooped, as she shook it, tresses flying wildly. “I don’t know what to do!” Drained, her shoulders slumped, before she raised her head again. “Let Ashwin come!” she said to him quietly. “I want to know what he has to say to this.”
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: We're Here to Stay(Ganymede's herd)   We're Here to Stay(Ganymede's herd) EmptySat Jan 29 2011, 19:11

Each line between right and wrong blurred before him, turning him in circles relentlessly. This had done nothing more than confuse him even more so, making his emotions soar above the norm like rockets. There had to be a picture, some sort of sign to make all right again. All he wanted was peace! Was that too much to ask for? Only for Ashwin the words ran through his mind, making him shudder at the thought of even considering leaving her. Quaking were his nervous muscles, dark orbs probing her for the slightest answer to the puzzle, the one that had kept him going at this from the beginning. Was it all worth it?

Fate was of terrible circumstance, being so childish and naive. It couldn't reason and tell when it was the right time to love, to hate, or to fight for what you believed in. These settled on their kind at any time, no matter how much of a bother it caused. That was why it was impossible for there to be a greater spirit that was all powerful watching over them. With the many gods, there was chaos and confusion - nothing would ever change that picture, not even the demise of the world as they knew it. "Tell me...do you regret meeting me? Would you leave if I let you...would you?" he asked, the last of his pleas slipping from his tongue. Words wanted to flail at her, harm her, rip her apart with their lethal meanings.

"Not wholly a monster?" he growled, tossing his skull in annoyance as pawed at the sandy terrain. "Of course, this isn't what you want. You want a colt that can't even protect his queen, let alone his land. He's powerless, even against a vampire that's nearly at his breaking point. I've had enough, Blizzard! This is your fault this time," he mumbled, his orbs growing darker by the moment. This fae was so useless to speak to. She simply didn't understand, couldn't see the truth that he'd put right before her stupid orbs.

"Get out of my sight. I can't speak to you anymore today. I don't care what you do, I just can't stand to see your face anymore today," he hissed, trudging off into the upper regions of the cave - into his lair of darkness, the place he spent most of his time. Oh, he hoped she didn't follow, but it wasn't like he could stop her if she tried. Hate rose in his throat as he reached the top of the cave, looking out over the beautiful valley land. This entire land was at his consumption, at his disposal. Seeing a white tail flailing, he ran with speed and agility off the cliff, slowly strangling a doe and dragging her back up to the rocky top. The lands were massive and beautiful. To top it off, he had a moment of peace, which would be short lived, looking at the pattern that had already developed with him and that beautiful irresistible mare - the one that drove him crazy all the time.
Back to top Go down
Saphira

Saphira

PostSubject: Re: We're Here to Stay(Ganymede's herd)   We're Here to Stay(Ganymede's herd) EmptySat Jan 29 2011, 21:27

Why? Why did the way of the world have to be so difficult, so treacherous? It seemed, sometimes, that life was but a cruel joke. The beauty of life? More like the uncertainties of life. The path of life was deceptive, branching out into many, many paths that could either lead to your downfall or your triumph. Right or wrong, good or bad, the paths, at first glance, were all straight and level, easy roads to travel, it seemed. However, once you start to take notice of your surroundings, once you start to have the first sensations that something was wrong, it was already too late to turn back. But how could this be? Others said that everybody always has choices. But did they really? How does one have choices when, it seemed, that fate has already directed you onto a specific path, with no alternatives, no choices?

She was at crossroads here. Two choices, so simple, but yet so difficult. Destiny or love? Logic or instinct? Her head or her heart? But even in this, she could not choose. How could she, when her heart, too, was branching out into two separate choices? Choices within choices. Circles within circles. She stood at crossroads, fate resolutely pushing her forward, coming closer and closer to the point where she had to choose one of the two paths. Only one would bring her happiness. Only in one, would she find her true purpose in life. Decisions… Decisions. Which path should she take? Which path was the right one?

Her tired gaze met Ganymede’s, his dark with the lack of sustenance. “I don’t regret meeting you,” she replied, voice, to her surprise, steady and calm. Her heart rate increased as she swallowed, flicking her ears uncertainly. She could see the question in his dark orbs, the plea in those black pools. She knew what he wanted to hear. She did not know which she wished to answer with. It would be so easy, too easy, to calm him with the answer he desired. Yet, the word stuck at the tip of her tongue, refusing to be heard by his ears.

She felt horrible this morning. Her head hurt, her legs ached. The child that grew within would be due soon, very soon, in fact. It would not surprise her of it would come today. Blizzard knew that the foal would be special; it would not be wholly mortal. It was growing at an alarming rate, and she could not help but wonder if it would turn out like its father – surviving on a diet of blood. His loud vocals rang out once again, but it was slowly ceasing to startle her. She was getting used to his unpredictable mood swings, no matter how dangerous it was. At the slur on her former king, however, Blizzard threw her head up, nostrils flared with anger, soft eyes blazing hard with fury. “Mistakes happen,” she hissed furiously, hot orbs locking onto his, daring to take a heavy step closer. “You’ve had enough?” she asked angrily. “That’s rich. That's really rich, coming from you! My fault? You’d think that after all of this, you’d have learned something. Not everything is about you! Nothing is ever your fault, is it? You’re so pure and virtuous, you can do nothing wrong! Have you ever thought about someone else other than yourself, for one?” She cried, overriding his next words, seeing him gallop off as though he hadn’t heard a word she said.

It hurt, his accusations, even though it shouldn’t have. Weeping from frustration and grief, she turned her face away from the lightening day, moving further back into the cave, seeking solstice from the darkness that hid her expression and heart break. Her breathing fast, heart pounding, she moved slowly backwards. All of a sudden, she let out a sharp cry as a sharp pain cut through her flank, sinking down to her knees in the soft sand. White rings showed around her eyes as she gasped for breath, terrified and shocked as her brain struggled to process what was happening to her.

Then it clicked. The foal was coming.

She could do nothing but wait it out, to let nature take its course. She had no idea how long it took, just that it felt like days to her. Pain dogged her every breath as she inhaled, muscles contracting to push her young one out into the world.

Then just as suddenly, it stopped. Blizzard knew what she had to do. She had to clear the sac off the foal so that it could start to breathe – but she could not get up. Her energy had drained from the hard birth, as her eyes difted half-shut, rapid panting filling the air. Desperation burned in her limbs, as she summoned the last amount of energy to turn, trembling violently as she cleaned the foal off, shutting her eyes with relief and letting her head fall back with a muted thud, pearly mane glinting among the golden sands.

Her strength was gone. She felt the darkness of oblivion coming closer, threatening to swallow her whole. She held on desperately to the glimpse she had obtained of her foal. She had a radiant beauty, an ethereal beauty. Her pelt was white as the purest snow, her eyes a vivid amber. In all appearances, she seemed to be a normal foal, but Blizzard was sure that when she grew up, she would be something great. Seraphine. Just before she passed out, she thought she heard the sound of echoing hoofbeats coming closer to her.

Then, nothing.

We're Here to Stay(Ganymede's herd) Ahlia_Horse_by_Ahlia77

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: We're Here to Stay(Ganymede's herd)   We're Here to Stay(Ganymede's herd) EmptyFri Mar 04 2011, 20:36

So many things pried at his mind, threatening to break within like a bank robber and take all of his sanity away like the wind. Thoughts, thoughts. When would they stop biting at the edges of his lips so he wasn't so tempted to say them to her. Hurtful things wanted to be hurled from him until tears were rolling down her beautiful cheeks, until she was begging for mercy....but it hurt. Conflict took a toll on his bodice as he tread throughout the land, scenting an elk but not having the appetite to devour it like he normally did.

Ganymede couldn't tell right from wrong, good from evil, love from hate. What kind of life was that to live? If the gods had chosen this world for him to suffer in, to hell with them. There had been no choices, only demands from him for thousands of years, hundreds of centuries from that spirit in the sky. Demands, demands. Demands to leave her alone and let her suffer in silence, demands to find love. Didn't she know? Blizzard had come to him for a reason, and it mattered not whether it was right, wrong, upside down, or inside out! It didn't matter where the sky was blue or dark when they loved. It didn't matter where they came from or who they were, as long as they felt that savage feeling in their hearts that if the other left them, they would die. Permanently. Did she feel it? Was it deep down in her heart or not present at all?

Their fight had not left him wounded physically, but his heart felt as if a dagger had been stabbed straight through the center. It throbbed at the sound of her crying in the distance, but that only made his pillars move more quickly through the valley until he found a place to be alone. Through that time, he felt her discomfort and could sense that she was pain, of some sort. Laying down to feast upon a dead grizzly beat, he sucked the blood dry, his orbs returning to the more 'friendly' golden hue. They were ugly...and signified just the opposite of his terrible personality. Would these feelings ever cease to exist?

"No!" he grumbled, jumping to his feet quickly as his heart pounded with fear and anguish that something had happened to the only one he could ever love, the one who would never love him back. It didn't matter, though. Ganymede still loved her more than anything and would do anything to make sure she was in good health and felt okay. "Blizzard," he whispered more gently, tears streaming down his features as he smelt the smell of blood a few miles away. What had happened to his love? This was all his fault, it just had to be. Now, his love was probably dead because of these childish antics he had played. It wasn't fair! He loved her so much...

Upon arriving to the cave, his blood shot orbs continued to sob quietly to himself, ignoring the beautiful piece of monster laying upon the sandy ground. Blood scattered around the small, dense cave, and the air was littered with smells of blood, sweet blood. Ganymede wasn't sure how much longer he could hold out without drinking from them both in here, for it was so tempting. They smelt so delicious, even though they were of normal lineage...and not of that delectable hellion blood. Nostrils flaring, he tensely sauntered over to her, towering over her bodice as his fangs emerged from his lips, venom clinging to their tips. Upon the ground, a filly lay, so beautiful like her mother...but he could hardly concentrate on the foal because of the burning that resided in the back of his throat.

Why was it so tempting? Naturally, he felt his skull lower instinctively to her warm neck, where the jugular was...his fangs grazing upon her soft skin ever so gently so he would not pierce it. Ganymede felt his cold fangs brush her warmth, wanting to know her blood. If this happened, they would be part of each other, not as lovers, but as more, even if she chose to deflect his attempts to woo her. "S-She is beautiful," he whispered softly in her hark, taking a step closer as his fangs threatened to enter. "Have you ever wanted....to live forever? To feel the way I want you to? Were you ever tempted to...stay?" he whispered, asking her permission to make her like him. "Don't you wish to feel no more pain? It hurts me when you hurt...love" he said softly, love running all over his words, tears threatening his golden orbs.
Back to top Go down
Saphira

Saphira

PostSubject: Re: We're Here to Stay(Ganymede's herd)   We're Here to Stay(Ganymede's herd) EmptySat Mar 05 2011, 19:43

Darkness.

Oblivion.

Weightlessness.

More darkness.

Pain.

In this strange state where she could not move nor see, Blizzard was trapped, panic barely leashed as it lay bubbling just under the surface. Her limbs were like lead, like pieces of granite she had not the strength to lift. Her breath was loud in her ears, battling with the sound of blood pounding in her skull. The pearly fae’s chest heaved as she clawed wildly for breath, heart thumping, fluttering pulse as quick as a hummingbird’s wings. A dull throb came to life within the depths of her body as Blizzard fought to keep her head above the swirling darkness threatening to pull her down.

Images flashed behind her unseeing retinas. Ashwin. Ganymede. Seraphine. The three most important beings in her life now, spinning round in circles, flashing faster and faster, quicker and quicker. Ashwin. Ganymede. Seraphine. They grounded her, helped her to keep her focus, helped to keep her in the present. She would not drift away. Far off in the distance, she heard the sound of quiet, heart-rending sobs, and a flurry of hoofbeats. Cold permeated the air around her, and Blizzard shivered slightly, the small action seeming to take a layer of darkness away, propelling her a small bit towards full consciousness.

Ganymede. She instinctively recognised his presence. Or at least, her subconscious mind did, even if her conscious mind did not. A weak whimper escaped her strained throat as she felt a cold touch on her neck. So cold. So gentle. Blizzard struggled against the darkness that engulfed her, that smothered her, clawing her way furiously into the light It was a rather futile battle, but she had climbed two rungs of the ladder, leading upwards. She strained, her body tensing and writing slightly on the sandy ground, creating an impression in the millions of grains for herself.

Blizzard’s flanks heaved as she sucked in air. Sweet, sweet air, soothing the burning in her lungs. Weariness dragged at her, dogged her footsteps, threatening to drag her down once more. She was scared; She did not know what was happening to her. Was she dying? Was this death? Was this her eternity?

A soft grunt emerged from her throat, and Blizzard, over the pounding of blood in her ears, heard the melodious, anguished voice of Ganymede whispering softly, his cold body brushing against her harks as he whispered to her. Pride blossomed in her breast as the spotted stallion spoke of Seraphine. Their child, which she had only caught a fleeting glimpse of. She could see, dimly, her glowing, radiant body and amber-flecked pools. Beautiful. The tense position of her shoulders relaxed slightly, as Blizzard took another deep, shuddering breath, listening to Ganymede’s voice as though it was a lifeline thrown out to her. And perhaps, it was.

To live forever… No pain… At his reminder, the agony flared up again, from where it had lay dormant, forgotten. It was all-consuming, and Blizzard shied away, curling up in a corner of her mind. It sounded to her as though the stallion was asking her permission for something. To do something. But what? Her befuddled mind could not quite grasp the indication of his words. Each breath was agony. Maybe it would be better to just give up. To die and end all the suffering. Seraphine would be safe; Ganymede would protect her, she was sure. But Ganymede and Ashwin… They both would not survive her passing. The feverish glare in their eyes were so similar, so much the same, even if they themselves were from different worlds.

For them, she would fight.

“Don’t… understand,” she choked out, gasping for air, choking on it as she coughed, fire raging through her lungs, her chest.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: We're Here to Stay(Ganymede's herd)   We're Here to Stay(Ganymede's herd) EmptySat Mar 05 2011, 20:39

Fear. It blossomed like a beautiful purple iris in the middle of the spring in his heart, freezing his veins like an ice storm overcoming a small wood. Anxiety. It rushed through his veins like a stream meeting a wood and trickling down the moss covered rocks. Hatred. There was only that feeling for himself as he looked down upon his bodice like a spirit lingering above. Fear. The fear of love...the fear of losing love again slipped through his grasps. Was this his only chance to love, to save the love of the past - the one that she had bestowed upon him so luckily. They were both love...they were both hate.

Silvery hues flashed beneath his lifeless bodice, his soft lips touching her soft skin delicately, as if he would hurt her with any exertion of pressure. Just from her touch, shivers ran through his form, shaking him from any daydream, from any wish on this earth. Ganymede could feel his heart breaking down in his chest from her, it was intoxicating his very soul...drawing him closer. Was this the last time he would feel this? It certainly was the first time.

What did she want anymore? Could it be that she had noticed where her love laid pure....or did she still love the ebony stag? She deserved someone who wouldn't hurt her anymore....wouldn't hurt her feelings. Someone that would let her heal would be better than him. Her hate had taught him mercy, it had humbled him to the point of depression in his own skills. Blizzard, she was a killer - a killer of the heart and soul. She purified the mountains that glistened in the moonlight and watered the very ferns of his heart...but she killed them at the same time. Why did she want to rip his heart of out his chest?

Ganymede had felt himself changing from day one, but questions only consumed his mind from the very beginning. Recently, the straight line that they had been traveling on constantly had become so blurred, he could hardly differentiate what was what up and down. Now, it was terrible. Was his mind playing tricks on him, or was he dying just as she did. As her breath became shallow, he felt as if he could not breath. Blizzard dying was killing him quickly, and there was only one way to save them both...and their foal...their beautiful foal.

"Darling...darling," he sobbed, pushing his nose to her neck softly as he lowered himself to be beside her. Even though they were both dying...he wanted to grasp her one more time. "I will not leave you...ever.." Ganymede promised, tears running down his cheeks with ferocity. He nuzzled her like he had touched no other, with the love and adoration that no one had ever achieved. Their love was unique and alive, for now. "I love you...dear. Please don't leave me...I will die with you!" he raised his voice frantically as he stood, knowing he would die by her side if he didn't make a decision soon. Would it be so bad to die in the warmth of your lover? "Tell me..." he whispered in a demanding tone, needing the proof of her words. Had she no tongue?!

Turning his gaze over to the porcelain hued filly, he felt his throat close up, thinking of her future. She would die without a mother and father, all alone in this crazy world. What would Ashwin do if he found her here? Ganymede always thought him to be the 'good' guy, but who knew what would happen if he discovered the product of Blizzard's forcing. It scared Ganymede, scared him so badly that his beautiful daughter would be destroyed.

Gulping, he turned to her once more with saddened orbs. They were glazed over with fear and anxiety, but there was only one way to end all this pain and suffering once and for all without losing her life. Trembling, he moved his frantic lips to her jugular and paused, looking at her orbs. "I would never do this to you...it would curse you forever to be with me. I don't hate you, Blizzard. I am too weak to live without you, and I would die if you died. You are my life, you are my everything. I'm so sorry," he paused, nuzzling her vigorously. "I just love you too much..." he whispered, sinking his fangs into her neck and drinking.

The blood was like magic against his throat, cleansing all hate and making him whole all around. Pleasure soared through him, but he knew he had to stop or he would kill her. Rising up, he looked at her hardly breathing bodice. "It will hurt...you will wish for death. But, Blizzard....promise me that you will hold true to who you are. Stay with me, love. I promise nothing will happen to you. Our daughter will be fine," he whispered, nuzzling her face softly. "She's the second most beautiful mare I've met, you are the first," Ganymede concluded, watching her. Blizzard would find it difficult to speak, but he was sure she could.
Back to top Go down
Saphira

Saphira

PostSubject: Re: We're Here to Stay(Ganymede's herd)   We're Here to Stay(Ganymede's herd) EmptyMon Mar 07 2011, 05:14

She couldn’t breathe. Like a dying fish out of water, Blizzard desperately sucked in air, inhaling and exhaling rapidly as black spots clouded her vision. The pale, ivory fae shuddered with the effort of drawing breath; each growing weaker and weaker till there was only the faintest rise and fall of her chest. Her blood roared in her eyes, as darkness started to cloud her vision. Her body lay limply upon the floor of the sandy cave, head lolling lifelessly as the life seeped away from her as each second passed.

She drew comfort from the chilliness of the air beside her, taking comfort from the fact that she wasn’t alone. A cold touch delicately descended upon her neck, and Blizzard trembled, straining to move her head slightly as an acknowledgement. Gratitude fluttered its soft, baby wings from the depths of her heart, directed to the spotted stallion that stood with her throughout this torture. Regret and guilt unfurled their leaves as she remembered how badly she had treated Ganymede during her stay. He had come back for her; and she was grateful.

Parched lips cracked open, as a soft whimper emerged, her body tensing against the new wave of pain. All shreds of conscious thought fled from the confines of her rational mind, as she lay in a nearly comatose position, pleading silently for death to be swift. She couldn’t, wouldn’t endure this overpowering, all-encompassing pain any longer. She wanted it to end now. Dimly, she realised it was getting harder and harder to breathe, the small, sharp gasps she was taking of the sweet oxygen weren’t nearly enough for the processes her body needed to survive.

The sound of crying filtered through her muffled harks, and a flare of surprise shook her. Ganymede? There was not hate, no resentment in that single word. Not any longer. It was filled with tenderness and guilt. Guilt because she although acknowledged, finally, the truth of the attraction, the inexplicable draw to him, it seemed to her that she was betraying Ashwin. She shouldn’t harbour such emotions towards her ‘captor’, yet… She couldn’t quite help it. The cold touch intensified, as the silver fae lifted her tail slightly from the golden sands, the silvery threads gleaming weakly. Tender touches caressed her pelt, as Blizzard relaxed, eyes fluttering closed, sensing the large shape beside her. Safe. He would die with her? Blizzard longed to have the use of her mouth, to give him a tongue-lashing there and then. Their child! He had to keep her safe! Panic surfaced within her, threatening to claw its way to the surface. He couldn’t! She shifted agitatedly, pain flaring sharply, as she struggled to express her discontentment.

Forcing her eyes open, her blurry vision took in Ganymede hovering beside her, his maw at her neck, the chill palpable at this distance. As she took in his words, terror lodged in her throat, as she struggled to move her mouth. What did he mean? What was he doing? What was happening? Her breathing accelerated even more, if it was even possible, as a sharp pain sank into her neck. Regaining the use of her vocal cords at this time, Blizzard screamed, the sound laced with more fear than pain. What was happening? Was he drinking her dry, rather than letting her die first and letting her blood go to waste? The mare trembled violently, body shaking, just as a fire erupted within her neck. Her body tensed as the fire travelled agonisingly slowly around her body.

Dimly, she realised that Ganymede had stopped drinking and was looking at her with pain, sorrow – and love. She gazed up into his pools, warm chocolate orbs shimmering, speaking more than words could convey. At last, she knew what he was doing. He was turning her. She knew, though, there would be some bond between maker and the new vampire, but at the moment, she didn’t care. Her heart soared. She would live. She would see her daughter grow.

“I…” she rasped, eyes glinting in the half-light, as they shut abruptly in pain. The agony! Her body shook, writhing upon the sandy ground, deep gasps emerging from her as her DNA codes and life process were being rewritten. The fire! It travelled round her body, burning every inch. The pain! She wasn’t sure how much she could take. Only the knowledge and presence of the spotted stallion by her side kept her grounded.

How long had it been? A day? Two? She didn’t know. Finally, the pain was receding back into itself, narrowing, converging into a sharp needle point, driving straight at her heart. As it burst through, Blizzard screamed again, throwing her head back in anguish, before the fire… disappeared. Completely.

The pale, silvery fae opened her eyes – and saw the world as it truly was for the first time. The colours were so vibrant. So alive. She could see everything in its miniscule detail, from the grains of sand, to the rock walls. As the fae breathed in, Blizzard gasped at the odours that swirled into her nostrils. She looked up – and gasped again. The stallion stood over her, and she would swear that she had never seen anyone of such beauty. She blinked twice, before a thought occurred to her.

“Seraphine!” she gasped, before freezing, stunned. Was that her voice? Pushing it away for the moment, she asked, “Seraphine! Is she alright?”

Blizzard sprang to her hooves in a graceful, fluid moment that lasted barely a second, looking behind Ganymede to see the silver shape curled up on the ground, flanks rising and falling softly, peacefully.

At the same time, the scent of blood hit her nostrils, and her throat began to burn. Blizzard stiffened, now crimson eyes glazed over in bloodlust, as a growl rumbled in her chest. Her eyes intent, fixed on her prey.

(OOC: *Shakes head* Oh, Blizzard xD Btw, I'm loosely basing her new characteristics on the 'Twilight' vampires. Maybe you want to tell me what they can/cannot do? And what's the bond between them now, since he created her? xD)

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: We're Here to Stay(Ganymede's herd)   We're Here to Stay(Ganymede's herd) EmptyThu Jun 23 2011, 17:43

Death. It felt like it was overwhelming him with its intricate braided grasps, clutching his throat with spiked fingernails laced with death cutting off his circulation. Everywhere. Red dots tainted his vision as he watched the thrashing bodice of pure cloud upon the cold stones of the cave. Everything was dark, every memory was lost except for the glistening of hope that seemed to shine in her ebony orbs. That same hope lit the burnt path that they had walked on for so long, the one that held only despair and darkness in the soon future. This change foreshadowed hope in the smallest amount, a reason to live.

A slender nape snaked back like a recoiling venom, lurking in the back of a stony hedge as she trembled under his icy touch. Her bodice was flaming like a torch under his gentle velvety maw, but what was there to do. Ganymede would do anything to touch her softly and caress her, to just feel her breathe as he slept beside her again. Those soft chilling sounds that escaped her maw tortured him, and every gasp she took made him feel like he was dying inside a thousand times over. The heart that had died hundreds of years ago shattered into oblivion as his dearest shivered and thrashed upon the obsidian he stood upon. It was that same merciless ground that was cemented to her shimmering bodice. Even covered in sweat and mud, she was utter perfection.

Shivers raced like a speeding bullet through his lungs as her condition worsened. Their accommodation was so horrid, being in this isolated cave, but it would provide protection for them during the cool, spring nights. Bewilderment shone directly in his orbs as he glared at them both, his heart longing to cease all their pain and suffering. How long could a filly survive without the warm nutrition that her mother provided? How long could his heart hold off exploding right there and then from all the compassion and fear that encircled it so ferociously? The lands had been abandoned, and no one was left but them. No mares to bare milk to their poor, weak daughter, no king to lead them in the direction of the light. They were all on their own with their assets and in the many ways they had been condemned.

Averting his orbs to the ajar opening of the cave, he saw something slinking in, keeping low as its scales slithered across the rock. At once, his pointed harks flew against his dainty skull as his crimson orbs glared and hot wind blew from his perfectly tapered nostrils. It rattled, its devious puffed skull looking straight at him with those beady eyes and the diamond shaped pattern glistening in the sunlight. Drastically, he charged and it hissed, fangs hanging out of its disgusting mouth with drops of venom hitting the ground with every breath it took.

The battle had already began, and the venom it held was the only thing that could penetrate his frozen heart. Dammit, these things aren't supposed to roam in valleys... the thought came to the front of his mind quickly, as he charged, pointed daggers racing to meet the opponent. As quickly as he lashed out with all his might at the contender, it sunk its fangs into his hock, causing tiny bits of blood to well in it. Pain did not show in his eyes, but fear did. It was dead, but he would be soon if nothing was done. Who could cure such a horrid venom that attacks the heart? Who would cure the monster that had created so much hate in this world and had only created love for one?

"Blizzard..." he whispered, turning away to hide himself before letting one single silent tear run down his cheek as another welled up. How could he have let this happen to them, for their journey as a family had just began. Ganymede was erratic as she seemed to come out of her trance and huffed one unneeded breath after another as he thought of galloping off and leaving them both behind. Over time, they would both forget about him and move on with their lives, and he would die alone and forgotten soon after the war. There was nothing they could to to fortify him other than taking him to Illusion, and even then, she wouldn't cure such a monster as he was. There was no sympathy for someone who had tortured mares and had run stags from their home as soon as they had attempted to come. Evil. That was the only word that he had to his name now. Evil and Blizzard. Ironic, seeing that the two things were complete and total opposites.

Before he could do anything, he heard the creeping of daggers upon his daughter. "No!" he screamed, quenching the drought of sound as he charged forward to push her out of the way. "Blizzard, I saved this for you," he gasped shortly after his words as the venom started to take its affects. "....to drink," he finished, throwing the dead Puma to her nose. "Do you love me...?" he whispered, asking for the truth for once. They didn't need to run in circles anymore now that her old king was dead. There was nothing standing in the way of them any longer, nothing to hold them back from destiny but him. If only he could tell her the truth and have her believe him, he would, but she never saw the truth, even when it was standing directly before her.
Back to top Go down
Saphira

Saphira

PostSubject: Re: We're Here to Stay(Ganymede's herd)   We're Here to Stay(Ganymede's herd) EmptyFri Jul 01 2011, 03:38

The silver beauty had her scarlet eyes locked upon the pallid form of her daughter, eyes glazed over in bloodlust, breaths coming in ragged pants as she inhaled the sweet fragrance, the salty tang of warm horse blood. It filtered through the air, diffusing from the young one’s skin as the particles spread slowly, enticingly, temptingly throughout the cave, entering Blizzard’s nostrils.

Forgotten was the fact that she had birthed a daughter; Forgotten was the fact that she had company; Forgotten was everything but her raging bloodlust. It tempted her, taunted her, and drove her mad with desire, need, want. A red haze clouded her vision as she moved with astonishing grace and deadly beauty towards the helpless foal, intent on tasting her life-giving blood.

“No!”

The shrill cry shocked her out of the trace she had fallen into, pulling the fae abruptly out of the mindless stalking of a dumb animal. For an instant, before she remembered, Blizzard spun around to face the one who had cried a warning, her auds flattened, teeth bared in a snarl of rage as her eyes glared with red-hot fury. A low, threatening hiss escaped her maw as she rounded upon the spotted stallion that had pushed her out of the way of the path of her prey.

Falling down to the ground from the weight of his body, Blizzard let out a loud [i[huff[/i] of air as she hit the ground. Instantly struggling out to regain her footing, her eyes were clouded with rage and defensiveness as she turned to face the one who had attacked her and knocked her down, only to come face to face with a pair of crimson eyes – pain-filled crimson eyes that burned brightly with desperation.

She recognised him, and that was enough to give her pause. The bloodlust momentarily forgotten, she stared hard at the stallion, brow furrowing a little as she fought to match this magnificent, handsome brute with the one in her blurred memory. But he seemed different – his eyes were shadows of pain and fear, resignation and desperation, pleading and – could it be? – love.

A warm body was shoved at her, and Blizzard turned her gaze, almost by a force of magnetism, as the dead cat thudded to the ground at her feet. Blood, sweet, sweet blood, trickled out of the wounds of the great cat, warm against the icy coolness of her new, powerful body. Her eyes hazed over, as she launched herself with a desperate hunger, sinking her venom-coated fangs into the cat’s throat, tasting its blood as it coated her tongue silkily and slipped soothingly down her throat, quenching the raging inferno that had taken up residence there. Small snarls emerged from her maw as she drained the cat dry, finally dropping it to the ground, shaking her head and watching the small, red dots fly in slow motion to the corners of the cave.

Blinking, she brought herself back to the present, the fire tamed enough for her to think coherently. Looking around confusedly, she stared at the pale figure of her foal lying peacefully in sleep, before letting her gaze travel to the front of her. A shock ripped through her chest as she cried out, terrified, and leaped forward to the stallion’s side, fluidly sinking to the ground beside him, hearing his breathless words.

Intent, concerned pools fixed onto his, surprise flaring in her eyes at his question. She stared at him, eyes running over every inch of the face she had already memorised, one that she had fixed near to her heart, beside Seraphine and another blurred figure who she couldn’t quite remember. A dark pelt, piercing green eyes… For a moment, she thought she knew him, then it slipped away like water in cupped hands. To think about it, she couldn’t quite remember anyone except Ganymede and Seraphine. Then she shook her head. Time for that later.

When she was a normal horse, she had felt the attraction, the pull to him, but not as strongly. Now, in vampire form, Blizzard found that this magnetic pull was so strong, that she was sure it would be impossible to break.

Why hadn’t she seen it sooner?

Why hadn’t she confessed her deep, undying love for Ganymede immediately after she had lain her eyes on him?

How could she ever have denied her feelings?

Now, at the thought of him leaving her, or she leaving him, an almost physical pain ripped through her chest, making her breathless. She shifted closer to him, seeking the comfort of his pelt against hers, as though she were a young foal cuddling against her dam. This need, this all-consuming dependency on having him near scared her, but she knew without a doubt that she could never leave without him.

“Of course I do!” she said, her silvery bell-like voice ringing through the silence, high with surprise. “I love you with all my heart and soul. I always did! If I were to be without you, I think I would die,” she said honestly, her voice growing progressively quieter with shyness nearing the end. Stretching forward her muzzle delicately, she rested her cool muzzle upon his satin-like cheek, gazing at him with adoration in her wide eyes.

Suddenly, she seemed to jump and stared at him in worry, confusion clouding her eyes at his laboured breathing and pain-filled eyes. “Are… Are you okay?” she asked, staring at him in fear. “What happened?” she asked, her voice climbing with terror as she noticed the wound on the stallion’s hock.

“Ganymede!”
Back to top Go down
alamandy

alamandy

Cash On Hand : 376

PostSubject: Re: We're Here to Stay(Ganymede's herd)   We're Here to Stay(Ganymede's herd) EmptySat Jul 09 2011, 19:05

Wild Huntress

I sighed, i had not wanted to stay here and had run off to a part of the land were i would not be found by Ganymede. I shoke my head, i had not left but had not really stayed either. i had stayed away for a few months now keeping low. I felt strange those few months with my colt Hellfire as he grew. I did teach him what i could but sooner or later my son would want a stronger mentor. I sighed as i looked at him and two the horn and wings he had grow while i had hidden. I knew very well that the horn was not magic just a sharp weapon and the wings would never lift him from the ground but they would help him balance.

I hid away in a dark place for a few days, While Hellfire played. I sighed then walked out i felt i might be needed somewhere else. I trotted with my son back to where i remember the other were last. They would most likely now be some place else but from there i could most likely find were they were.

I flicked my black head then looked at my son "well i guess we now try and find the others"
I looked at him again but this time i looked at his flame like eyes and smiled he was so kind to me and for that i was glad but everything else had not that chance. I mean yeah he might be kind to me but he is mean hearted even i could see that. I moved on then slowed letting Hellfire lead the way to were he thought they were, but he was just following the smell of blood. I sighed again then stopped him from walking any closer to the cave at which we now stood at "Ganymede?, Blizzard?" i softly called.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: We're Here to Stay(Ganymede's herd)   We're Here to Stay(Ganymede's herd) EmptyWed Nov 09 2011, 17:18

Nowhere to turn, nowhere to hide. Only the remnants of emptiness laid solid in his heart, sinking to the bottom to create a pit of despair where hope had once been. Anger to their pilot smoldered from the tips of his daggers to the pointed ivory tips of his harks. Pilot? Why, there was no god who had the audacity to curse him...curse them with such an eternal fate! Cursed with eternal woe....blessed with eternal love.

Only she could answer the question that prodded his mind, like a dagger being driven into the soft fleshy section of the stomach. Only she could tell him if his love was truly unrequited. Each time he thought of the reply, his heard died a little bit, burning with anguish and the deepest of dismay.

How can I trust her? How? After she has broken me so many times cried his mind, salty drops of the ocean threatening at the edges of his orbs. It was only weakness in the orbs of the great predator, the superior stag that had stolen the petty fae from her homelands. It was only emotion to the loving brute that fell in love unexpectedly, was swept off his feet and failed to regain balance with the real world. A pang shot up his spine each time he mentioned her name in his mind...a pang of knowing. But how could such a divine goddess care for him? No longer did he feel compelled to her blood, but her soul was more attractive than the smell of even the most appealing horse's blood. More beautiful than all the riches of the world was she, more precious than diamonds and rubies!

Monster. That was what she had called him...that was what she thought he was. How could he possibly have the desire to live when no one felt compassion for him? Who would heal the monster who sucked blood from the very essence of life? They would think of him as a futile beast and kill him on the spot, for no one would want to save the shameless stag that was his former self. All traces of narcissism had subsided, and all that was left in him was the innocent core of a colt he was as a mortal.

The pain, it seeped up his pillars, and his vision went crimson for a moment. His eyes, yes, his orbs were bleeding...or perhaps it was his brain. Blindness would soon ensue, Ganymede knew. That was how the venom worked its way, destroying all the immortality within him until only a body remained. That body would then become one with the earth and be part of life once more as it traveled through the bloodstreams of his future heirs.

Oh yes, he was sure. He was sure that she would find someone to love her. If he wasn't good enough, she would surely find someone else.

Then, she spoke her reply.

Ganymede felt his breathing become shallow as he gasped for unneeded breaths rapidly, all the force of life that his granite bodice once held returning to him in an instant. His orbs fixed on her, the devoted nature of his expression stunning as he gazed into her crimson pools of adoration. Compassion. It blossomed in his heart that very moment and traveled at lightening speed to his lips, where he felt the need to speak but could not find the words. Instead, he sobbed to himself, tears of joy rolling down his cheeks as his heart melted to the ground to form something new, something that was filled with a life with her. A life without her and Seraphine was a life not lived. Forever, forever Ganymede promised himself. He would only leave them when forever was over.

Blizzard's touch was electric, the shot of adrenaline traveling from her point of contact all the way to the center of him. He wasn't used to being touched in such a way, so tenderly, so softly with every ounce of passion she could muster up.

Was it his desperation that she was in love with, or was it him? He wondered for a moment, knowing that time away from her stag could have made her insane. Ganymede did not want to force her into the decision, but he wanted her to make that decision on her own...for he loved her. And sometimes you have to let free the things you love the most to make them happier. So..he would give her the option to soar free with the wind or remain beside him as his loyal lover and friend.

"Blizzard," he said softly, thoughtfully. "You must not keep him waiting. You will have to tell Ashwin, as well as myself who you love the most. Choose carefully. I love you, and I want you to be happy. I will not stay alive if you do choose to go back. If you want to be with me forever...tell me now, and we will find a way for my survival. I promise, my love, my dear," he whispered, the pain in his chest nearly unbearable from the poison.

It could be the end of their ill fated beginning and fairy tale ending.

Would she let it be?

Would she leave his heart forever in its own solitude until his dying day?

OOC: Ala, I can make another thread to rp with you. This is kind of Blizzard/Ganymede thread. I'll be happy to do some mentoring with Hellfire/Ganymede though
Back to top Go down
Saphira

Saphira

PostSubject: Re: We're Here to Stay(Ganymede's herd)   We're Here to Stay(Ganymede's herd) EmptyThu Nov 10 2011, 01:15

She was weeping.

Salty tears trickled down her porcelain cheeks, glimmering tracks of liquid crystal staining the flawlessness of her face with their presence. Surely, such sadness marring the features of so graceful a creature was not allowed? Blizzard looked down at the spotted stallion – once graceful, powerful, unbeatable by any – that lay helplessly at her hooves, flanks heaving painfully as he fought for breath, the poison ravaging his entire body.

It wasn’t right – not at all. None of this was. Here, within the cave sacred to all of vampire kind, was where their instincts and feelings, their true thoughts were exposed to them. All barriers, excuses, mindless reasons not to walk the path that you were destined for were ripped away, leaving you helpless, exposed in the face of the truth. Here, nothing else mattered, except the truth of the matter.

She could feel it now! How strong their connection was – she could see a bright, golden, shimmering thread, wrapping round and round and round her body, Ganymede’s and Seraphine’s. It connected them, tied them together, restrained them with ties stronger than blood, strong than life itself. It bound them together for all of their existence – in other words, forever. Until the world fell down… Until the very fabric of the world had unraveled… Until the end of time…

Blizzard wondered at it – wondered at the knowledge of the cave, when there had been none to explain its mysteries to her. How strange… Her curiosity, she had been told, was very like a foal’s. Unceasing, joyful, exuberant curiosity. This, too, was no exception. And once more, she wondered at how she could have ever doubted her love for Ganymede. In fact, she didn’t quite remember how she got here… Or what had transpired. The only thing she was sure about, was the strong, infallible, intangible love she felt for the flawless stallion.

A jolt of pain shot through her heart, intense and strong. She dropped to her knees beside the stallion, curling her body as close to his as she could get, resting her head upon his neck. The pearly strands of her mane fell over his body, dragging through the grains of sand, but she ignored it. Eyes widening with worry, grief and heartbreak, she watched over the laboured breaths of the stallion, terrified that each would be his last.

What poison was this that could bring down a vampire? That made the powerful weak? That… that might take her love away from her? She bowed her head, eyes glimmering once more with unshed tears, as she leaned over Ganymede, tenderly nuzzling away the tears of his that had trickled down his cheeks.

At the back of her mind, she noticed and kept track of the steady breaths of her young filly, ashamed that she had so nearly lost control, so nearly killed her own daughter, her own life and blood. She wouldn’t fail young Seraphine again. Not ever. And she wouldn’t allow Ganymede to die. Not while she was still living.

She then heard her name being called – so tenderly, so affectionately. The silvery mare looked up, tilting her head at Ganymede’s words, confusion marring her features at his words. Ashwin? Again, a sense of familiarity nagged at her, a torrent of emotion flooding over her. Who was he? She knew him well, she could tell, they were closer than friends? Or were they merely friends? She shook her head, the faint emotions slipping away into the dark depths of her mind once more, and try as she might, she could not retrieve them.

Blizzard shook her head again, this time angrily. She had no time to worry about this. The mare jumped up, kissing his gently on the cheek, looking deep into his eyes. “I want to stay with you,” she said quietly, earnestly, and in that moment, she knew that although she was forgetting something, everything was right. Nothing else mattered, other than she was with him.

“You can’t die, Ganymede, you can’t!” she cried, sounding so terrified, so lost. An empty abyss gaped with her – a hole that would never heal, if the spotted stallion were to die. He couldn’t! She jumped up, a determined glint in her eyes, as she nudged him none too gently.

“If you die, I’ll kill you,” she snapped, showing a flare of her infamous temper, before she paused, cocking her head. “That didn’t come out right,” she muttered to herself, shaking her head. “How can the venom be extracted or neutralized?” she demanded, looking frantically around the cave. “Some healing water? Sucking it out? Another venom?” she questioned, almost wanting to stomp her foot in frustration.

Then, her determined expression melted away, leaving only a tender love and heartbreaking sadness. “You can’t leave me, Ganymede,” she whispered, touching her muzzle to his. “You just can’t.”
Back to top Go down
alamandy

alamandy

Cash On Hand : 376

PostSubject: Re: We're Here to Stay(Ganymede's herd)   We're Here to Stay(Ganymede's herd) EmptyThu Nov 10 2011, 23:40

OOC: sure..
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: We're Here to Stay(Ganymede's herd)   We're Here to Stay(Ganymede's herd) Empty

Back to top Go down

We're Here to Stay(Ganymede's herd)
Page 1 of 1