New lands appear. New alliances are made. Darkness once more threatens the world.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

A Dark Visitor... ((Otho))

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Erosaf

Cash On Hand : 3216

PostSubject: A Dark Visitor... ((Otho))   Thu Jan 10 2013, 21:49

So, the hellion called Exile had found a way away from the two gaurdians of his realm. Hell. That was rather impressive, and because of it, that white horse was about to get a rather... important visitor. The leader of the Apocalyptic Council, the lord of Hell herself.

The demonic acidic green/black winged horse flew over the destroyed lands that used to be the pathetic place known as Still Waters. His eyes searched as the black storm clouds gathered around him, a sure sign that darkness was visiting the lands. Nothing came of them though, and certainly not rain indeed.

Spotting the white stallion, Satan dove, in complete command of the batlike wings he was graced with. “Exile!”
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.nuban-aworldofchaos.proboards.com
otho

Cash On Hand : 509

PostSubject: Re: A Dark Visitor... ((Otho))   Thu Jan 10 2013, 21:59

Exile

I looked to the sky, seeing the dark lord of hellions approaching. As he called out my name, I nodded, my white head dipping smoothly before coming back up as he came down. I respected the king, but I didn't fear him; fear wasn't something that had survived for long in my being. "Greetings," I said calmly, taking in his powerful form with one smooth sweep of my pupilless eyes. "To what do I owe this meeting?" I asked him, my voice completely devoid of emotions. Even if he attempted to attack or kill me, I doubted even the great Satan could successfully do so. I was as close to being unkillable as any hellion had been since the height of our power. There were enough ties to bind me to the world that I was unworried about a possible untimely demise.

After having spoken my greetings and question though, I said nothing, quietly waiting for the stallion to answer me. He would perhaps become a powerful ally, although perhaps he would choose to merely observe my war, instead of joining it. If that were the case though, I doubted he would have entered my lands in the first place.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Erosaf

PostSubject: Re: A Dark Visitor... ((Otho))   Thu Jan 10 2013, 22:06

“I was surprised to find out that you escaped, Exile. Very few manage to do that, but that does not go unnoticed when one does. It is those hellions, that are... in my eyes, worthy of even being known as hellions.” Satan snorted. “And I knew as soon as you returned here, just where you were too. Thanks to something between Therthis and I.”

He laughed darkly. That link was sometimes useful it seemed. Most of the time he let that weakling do as he wished, but sometimes he caused chaos through him. It was fun, having someone he could completely dominate on a whim.

Even Frenzy held no chance in the demonic horses' eyes. The sooner the blue roan fell, the sooner he would be trapped. What a weakling.
Back to top Go down
otho

PostSubject: Re: A Dark Visitor... ((Otho))   Thu Jan 10 2013, 22:19

Exile

I nodded slightly, both at the compliment and at the new bit of information, flashing to the battle Etheran had heard of between the two. Therthis had been an idiot, challenging Satan, especially with untried magics. The bond though... That was an effect that I had speculated might have grown, but until the dark horse had spoken of it, I had not been sure of. I decided to answer both his statements, truthfully. If the bond between Therthis and Satan was strong enough for him to have known my location, then it could possibly be strong enough to read my thoughts, guarded though they were. Plus, it was never a good idea to try outwitting some horses. Satan, it seemed, was one of those few.

"I did receive some help in the matter of your guards." I said smoothly, before switching to the matter of that pesky black... thing. "A bond, no? I had thought as much, but it's always nice to know that I haven't lost my edge in matters of untangling events. I have a bond with him as well, of course. The blood-oath."

Perhaps, I thought, - with an inner start - our bonds to Therthis could be used to our advantage. A very, very, promising advantage, at that. All I would need to do would be convince Satan, which perhaps would be easier than what I thought it might.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Erosaf

PostSubject: Re: A Dark Visitor... ((Otho))   Thu Jan 10 2013, 22:29

“Indeed. If I will it, any hellion I choose will have no choice but to do my bidding, like I puppet, I suppose you could call them.” Satan smirked. “There is no escaping that, and Therthis has known that side of me more than once.”

The dark lord snorted. He knew what he was doing. “As for that blood oath of yours, and those spies, all of them I know helped you escape.” When it came to all the hellions, he knew them all. Not to mention he could read them as easily as book, including their minds. “Any particular thing that those who I created want, as long as they are what I created hellions to be, can be done.”
Back to top Go down
otho

PostSubject: Re: A Dark Visitor... ((Otho))   Thu Jan 10 2013, 22:39

Exile

I shrugged a bit, unsurprised at the snort. It had been rumored that he could read the minds of all those with hellion blood. I didn't doubt it, although I couldn't help but feel a mild curiosity as to what had happened between Satan and Therthis. Undoubtedly there had been a long, drawn-out conversation. Therthis was, if nothing else, a skilled speaker. I would've backed him up if he claimed that he could talk the guardians of heaven into letting him in, just so he'd pipe down. "But are the puppets willing?" I asked him, knowing the answer - at least in regards to one such horse - before he spoke. That horse had enough blood from other creatures to be able to ward off a good portion of Satan's full-force, even if it wasn't enough to win."Because between my power and yours, we could turn Therthis into something ever so much more useful than a puppet, don't you think? A true ally, and a powerful one at that."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Erosaf

PostSubject: Re: A Dark Visitor... ((Otho))   Thu Jan 10 2013, 22:43

He chuckled. “Depends on the horse. That one was not the easiest to keep controlled, but I still managed to thwart his attempts at getting out of my hold.” Until that pest Michael got involved.

“He needed others help to get away from me.” Satan snorted. “Only a half blood would resist. Pure hellions are much more willing to do my bidding.” even the Lowe hellions would not be able to refuse him.

Thowra would not be able to stop him this time. It was something he knew would happen eventually, but he knew the silver horse feared him.
Back to top Go down
.:Phantom:.

Cash On Hand : 1479

PostSubject: Re: A Dark Visitor... ((Otho))   Sat Jan 12 2013, 18:55

A craving had been growing inside her, turmoil building like a furnace filled with dynamite laced with nitroglycerin nearly ready to explode with power and glory. Since she had slightly tasted power once more on the tip of her tongue, her bodice had ached for it. Since hours ago, she had felt the rage blood lust, and it had brought her back to a former glory she had once held. Such pure laze could set into a creature that was not constantly influenced under the hand of darkness. Hunger set in - hunger to relive the past, only in the way she was, though - not in their outcome. Haste was a horrid thing for their kind, for they craved power so much that even the best of the acted before they thought. She had never.

Massive was her form and her long, stocky pillars seemed to eat up the ground before her, daggers sloshing in the mud as she neared the grounds. Easily, she broke to a walk, her crimson form illuminated by the shining sun. Why, it was rather wet here....but at least it was not a desert land, where one could feel so influenced by the heat and the power of hell. Perhaps, that was the matter with that poor fool Frenzy, what a shame she thought to herself sarcastically. Rather, that was none of her business, though - and the business at hand was rather interesting she found, when she heard the voices speaking in the distance. For a short moment she listened, before advancing to ensure that it would mind her well to interrupt.

Coming into scene, she nodded to Satan with magnificence before taking her place beside her king. Dipping her skull to them both, she decided to learn and listen. Though cruel and cunning, at times she could be tactful when coming up with a plan and of course intelligent.

"Greetings," she said in an emotionless manner. "I have arrived...with Embruxiant. Candra is somewhere...I had more important business than to wait on her all day," she murmured, looking from Exile to Satan. "Of course, I know what the discussion is of, how to finally defeat Therthis. As last time obviously didn't go as planned....I suppose new tactics must be made" she said, knowing that there were of course last minute plans that could be made to spare oneself. "I have seen you only from afar...Satan," she acknowledged him, knowing that he may be able to help them achieve their goal, after all he was the father of all true hellions.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Erosaf

PostSubject: Re: A Dark Visitor... ((Otho))   Sat Jan 12 2013, 20:23

“Welcome, Temia,” Satan said, inclining his head. Yes she was one of the few hellions that he was rather pleased with. Some of his creations only caused him to hate them. Like Trainwreck and that infernal son of his daughter Diotiean. Embruixat though was something though that he could be proud of. A much more worthy heir to his daughter. Candra as well was worth knowing, desptite the flaws she sometimes showed.

He sighed. “We think we may have found a way but it does not mean that Therthis will die. Instead he will become a most well behaved ally.”
Back to top Go down
otho

PostSubject: Re: A Dark Visitor... ((Otho))   Sat Jan 12 2013, 20:54

Exile

I nodded to Temia, smiling slightly. Things were falling nicely into place so far, giving me a strong basis to work from later. The mention of my two true heirs caused me to nod in approval. Medarmeth, for all his shortcomings, had kept track of the two, as well as my rebellious third, Masquerade. Still, I didn't wish to strike at my own blood, not unless there was no other way. For now, she could remain with the pathetic dredges of horse-flesh that inhabited the Gemdas. I would deal with her myself later. Or, perhaps, I thought, I could allow Therthis to do so. maliciously I smiled slightly, one of my few displays of true feeling. Yes, making her suffer from the actions of her greatest hellion protector... That would be a true punishment.

Still, I knew I couldn't get ahead of myself. Before I dealt with the minor annoyances, I would have to meet with my two faithful heirs. And, of course, finally conquer Therthis.

"We will release his true hellion nature." I said to Temia, knowing that with him on our side, we would be strengthened immensely. And finally return the powers of Medarmeth, perhaps. After all, the power of his flames was taken by Therthis' dam... I knew that if it were possible, Medarmeth would become a powerful lieutenant for me. Further, it would strengthen his loyalty to me.

For now though, it was time to reacquaint myself with my queen and our offspring. After all, my spies could only gather so much from what they saw and heard, and it was warped by their view of it. I preferred to learn with my own experiences.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: A Dark Visitor... ((Otho))   Sat Jan 12 2013, 21:18

The fae listened and watched as the stag spoke of their plan, flicking her harks to hear each decibel of the words he said and to analyze them for herself. "Ah, yes. Mind control. That is clever. How are you going to manage that?" she questioned, with a slight expression of curiosity. Only a few times had she dabbled in mind control, but it was a completely new concept to her. Of course, stories had flocked in her harks from various spies and slaves of the cobalt stag's prevalent use of mind control on his slaves...especially on the one called Onyx.

There was a more pressing matter at hand though, and that was to reunite their tight system of allies. If they didn't have a small force to rely on in an emergency situation they could be left at peril, but she was certain that with the assistance of Satan that the scum Therthis would suffer for many years as a slave of the mind. Of course, they would succeed - there was no way they could fail at this point unless there was betrayal...which she did suspect from the two fallen ones. "We musn't be hasty though. There is time for this and we must plan carefully if we are to succeed. I remember all to many times which that has happened..." she said, knowing the truth from experience all too well.

Temia, though had been present when the betrayal occurred, and the anger from the encounter still had not ceased. She gave a certain glance to Exile, which expressed her disapproval of the way the fallen ones had spoken to her. If she hadn't been a hellion of controlled blood lust, she would have destroyed the trinity right there and then when she ripped Zedaprop's throat from his bodice. It would be all too soon when she would taste blood though.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
otho

PostSubject: Re: A Dark Visitor... ((Otho))   Sat Jan 12 2013, 21:41

Exile

I paused for a moment, before nodding slightly to Temia. A flashed image of Etheran and Zedaprop came from Medarmeth, along with a recount of the events that unfolded between the other two spies and my queen. I doubted Zedaprop would turn on me completely, although he was certainly the more volatile of the two. Etheran though... I would have to analyze his probable actions later. For now, he wouldn't be able to do much, other than try informing the allies of Therthis. That, I wasn't worried about though; Therthis would likely tell them soon anyhow.

Still, if he managed to snap my control over him, Etheran could pose a threat... I knew I'd best devise a plan in case of that.

As Temia spoke, I nodded again in agreement. Nothing good had ever come of relying on luck. It was far better to plan ahead of schedule. "There is a bond between me and Therthis, as you know. What he doesn't know though, is that I can gain control of the link, and subdue his mother's side of his blood, making him, in essence, pure hellion. He won't resist Satan's power over him then." Between the soon-to-be four of us, we could crush anyone in our path. Add in my heirs and the others who would join us, and we would finally feed the grounds of the land with blood of the mortal kings.

OOC: Exile's version of bloodlust is sooo much fun.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: A Dark Visitor... ((Otho))   Sat Jan 12 2013, 22:08

It was as if a cloud had come over her as she listened and watched, for she was elsewhere at the moment. It was Keahi! Oh, yes, she had totally forgotten about the tiny filly that she had left when she had ventured out. Laughing to herself she thought, I hope she is not dead. It wouldn't matter so much anyways, she the filly was Doitean's filly, and he was such a weakling that she considered coming here the first time nothing but a mistake. Speaking of which, she wondered where he was and what he was doing. He surely would be angered if he knew that she had left him once more and that his land was no longer his.

Quietly, Keahi came up to Temia and looked to both of the stags before her. She resembled Satan more and more than she did either Temia or Doitean, though she had smoke and flames radiating from her bodice. She was not related to Exile but was surely a pure hellion and was related to Satan himself. Perhaps, she would be an excellent ally. So far, she seemed to share Temia's taste for blood.

"Well, that certainly is interesting. You do always seem to find a loop hole to exploit in these sort of situations. I commend you," she said in an emotionless tone. They were truly an unstoppable bunch. As soon as Candra had her child, she would be back on board with them as well. But for some reason, she had stayed to speak with Medarmeth. Temia wondered what that was all about. The crimson fae knew her child very well, and it was very unlike her to miss out on spotting out an enemy and plotting against him. It was very rare for her to actually speak to someone, which rose her suspicions.

"This is Keahi, by the way, my daughter. She is a pure blood, and she looks very much like you, Satan, if I do say so myself," she added.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
otho

PostSubject: Re: A Dark Visitor... ((Otho))   Sat Jan 12 2013, 22:27

Exile

I noted the small filly watching us, and as she came down I noted her striking resemblance to Satan, reptilian, in a manner, fire and smoke sparking from her body from time to time. I sized her up, before nodding slightly. She could be useful, perhaps, and she certainly had potential, if not from her sire, then from her grandsire and her dam. I would see what she made of herself before casting my final judgement, then. Perhaps the blood of Satan and Temia would eradicate the weaknesses of Doitean.

"Greetings, Keahi," I said to her, my voice icy cold, though not harsh. She would have her chance in time. Until then, she was neither worthy nor unworthy of her hellion ancestry. What Satan thought of her, was, perhaps, another matter though. I wondered at that for a moment; the stallion had not spoken in some time, seemly content to listen to Temia and I discuss the conversation. Now though, we had a new piece which could turn either way, and change the equation for better or for worse... Or perhaps merely fade away into obscurity, as some were wont to do.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Saphira

Cash On Hand : 796

PostSubject: Re: A Dark Visitor... ((Otho))   Sun Jan 13 2013, 00:36

Muffled snorts of contempt could be heard in the silent valley, as well as the soft thudding of hoofbeats, from he who was not about to hide his presence.

"Why is this area called the Secret Valley?" one masculine voice asked, disgruntled, a bored note in his tone. "Yes, I know it's a valley. But what's so secret about it? Everyone knows where it is. We might as well call it 'The Well-Known Valley'."

There was an annoyed growl, just as the deeper male voice sank into silence. The voice that replied was higher, more feminine, and strangely sweet. Not saccharine sweet - just plain sweet. Butter-would-not-melt-in-her-mouth sweet.

"Stop whining," the female voice sighed exasperatedly, just as two dark figures emerged upon the crest of the hill.

"Honestly, if it would make you feel better, go kill a horse or two. Or ten. I don't mind. I'll even join in the fun. But just stop your infernal, incessant, childish complaining."
The voice grew deeper, till it was nearly a growl, as sharp fangs snapped shut on the hock of her companion, drawing a trickle of crimson upon his midnight fur.

Unbothered, the stallion - for it was a stallion - simply chuckled airily, though his unemotional tone belied his unamused state.

"Do that again and I'll burn you to ashes."

The dark blue-grey she-wolf that trotted along beside him simply snorted in derision, ivory fangs flashing as they caught the sunlight.

"As if you could." A pause. "And yes, fine, I do agree that it is a rather nonsensical name. But we simply must make allowances for those poor, dear, misguided, light-blinded fools, must we not?"

And just like that, the animosity between them faded away like frost in the morning sun.

The stallion that trotted boldly into the land was impressive - a lofty 20hh tall with wide shoulders and heavily-muscled body. His flowing mane and tail were the deepest black - just like his eyes, and heart. He had heard, from various sources in this land, that both Satan and Exile had someone risen again. Come back to take what was rightfully theirs - to lead the Dark into grand battle once more. He couldn't wait.

And of course, Satan was his great-grandsire. What kind of kin would he be, if he wasn't there to welcome his beloved relative back into the land of the living? After all, it had been such a long time since he had seen him. Valek gave a short, sardonic chuckle, shaking his head and sending his ebony locks flying. Not to mention, he wanted to be near any action - any bloodletting.

He glanced down at the lithe she-wolf that padded silently beside him. Shikei had been - and was still - a very good friend, right from the day that they had met trying to kill each other.

Shikei glanced up at the stallion, her strange eyes glowing. They were a feral, wild yellow, with glowing white pupils in the center. Lean muscles worked smoothly under her pelt, which shone a dark, dark blue-grey. Her large wings - almost twice the span of her body - were folded neatly at her sides, the tips dragging on the ground slightly. She was thickly-furred, coming from the mountaintops in Japan, a much colder climate than this.

The wolf yawned, eyes flicking lazily from side to side, keeping watch. The rest of their journey was made in silence. Both animals became tenser and tenser as they neared the group of chatting horses. The Kings and Queens, if you would.

Valek tilted his head charmingly to the side, stepping carelessly into the circle of horses, dark eyes sharp as a dagger.

"Great-grandfather," he respectfully addressed Satan. "Exile. Temia. Foal." He gave sharp nods to the rest, dangerous power coiling lazily about him, as he allowed his heritage to show, knowing that they would never accept him as he was. Smoky flames shot out of his nostrils as he snorted, his black pelt turning crimson, flames burning within his eyes, turning his pupils an orangey-red. He held this form for a moment more, before relaxing, allowing the shadows to slide back upon his pelt, turning black once more.

"I am Valek, son of Dóiteáin," he stated, blank gaze accessing each of them and their reactions. "I had heard... rumours, that you had returned. It seems they were true," Valek murmured silkily, flicking a glance at Exile.

Shikei was content to stand beside Valek, as she had always done. Her stance bore no hostility, yet said that she was ready to attack at a second's notice. Her strange, strange eyes landed on each of the horses, a dangerous smile curving her maw, as she readied herself to speak.

"And I am Shikei. Assassin. Murderer. Death." She shrugged, settling slowly on her haunches. "We have come to join you, as allies," she said in her deceivingly sweet voice, narrowing her eyes as she emphasised that word. "And we expect to be treated as such."

For she was dangerous, in her own right. As was Valek. They had trained together, fought together, felt blood - hot and slick and wet - beneath their paws and daggers, between their teeth and fangs, staining their pelts. They would be a powerful asset to them both. Together, unbeatable.

(OOC: It feels to good to write a long post xD Sorry for the length, btw!)
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: A Dark Visitor... ((Otho))   Sun Jan 13 2013, 16:19

There was sure to be some attraction to the power that had arisen in the lowly terrain of dipping hills and flat-surfaced lakes where the water shimmered effortlessly. More or less, she had expected to find quite the gathering about before she had arrived, but it had seemed their congregation had been the only in attendance. It had only been the tiny, futile filly matched with her burly form and that of the others that crowded close for a most private conversation. Skies like a cloud of mist had descended upon them, making them hardly visible on the small bit of raised earth that they stood upon. Careless were they in a fashionable sense, for they had many enemies yet feared none in particular. Not counting the tiny runt that stood beside her.

In the faintest reaches of her mind, she could her voices and of all things they were bickering with each other. Obviously, they were coming closer to their gathering intruding like waves of the ocean intruding upon sand mounds built up by centuries. Whoever the intruder was, it was obvious that they had no respect for their elders nor the privacy and delicacy of the situation at hand. Perhaps, they could just ignore the one that was coming, clambering up hills and mountain ranges to see...what exactly?

Keahi looked up, nudging at my side, and I wondered what she could possibly want at this moment. "A big black stag is coming," she said emotionlessly, looking down to the gorge below them. There was no sight of any stag, which made her very suspicious of the subject. "How do you know, child?" she hissed, looking straight at the child's orbs for fear but she saw none within her. "I saw him in my mind just now," said the filly clearly not phased by the mare's questioning and suspicion. The child was truly fearless, and it made the fae wonder just how far she could push her loyalty. Whatever she thought looking at the filly. It's not like she can see the future or anything she continued her thought looking down to young Keahi.

What a wonderful thing it would be if the damn filly could actually be useful for something. As my king spoke, I saw my filly step up to him and glance at him straight in the eyes, without any fear. "Hello, Exile," she stated blandly, an expressionless score upon her features as she smirked a bit, turning quickly to return to her mother. Termia gave a look of approval to her daughter - perhaps, she would have no resemblance to her father...

Even though she was hardly amused by this place, it perhaps would be an excellent position for a base. Yes, it was in a high location, draping over the other terrains so that they could watch their allies...and their enemies. How tactful it was to be in such a place - it was far too...bright here though, she thought to herself. It needed to be darker and more dank, more like the gully except lacking the annoyances that she had become so accustomed to as she resided here before. They would be rid from the land, and maybe, just maybe she would enjoy some peace. Like mother, like daughter she thought, laughing at the thought that her and Candra were hardly satisfied with the average stag. No, they both craved power and were hungry for death.

Finally, her head snapped to a form clambering up a staircase of soil and impacted rock with mud. An ebony stag, like her daughter had said was approaching quickly and carried pride beside him easily. But. Something was different. Something smelled funny about him.

"Half-blood," whispered Temia sharply to the other members of their meeting as her nostrils flared and she sneered. His blood lines disgusted her - all that he was worth was a slave of their herd, perhaps a spy if he had proved himself to be lethal and as silent as night. Already, his all-mighty attitude pissed her off in a way that was indescribable to the common horse - she had the looks of death plastered against her features. It wasn't that she truly...hated him. It was that she possessed no respect for such a creature that did not have the purest blood of a hellion or other demonic creature withing.

In a way, she wished to see him scream under her tight grasp as the air choked from him, but now was not a time to think about ways to butcher half-bloods. Especially when they could help them with certain plans that the elites would rather not carry out. With him came a wolf, also as jet black as night traveling in a sure-footed manner as they arrived.

Temia snorted at his mentioning of her name and the child's, who was much more worthy than he would ever be. After all, she was a pure hellion and outranked him by far even at this youngest age. She had honor about her that he carried lightly, and he did not show his honor to her and to Exile as he should. As a half-blood, he should be bowing to them at this moment in time. He had no respect, much like many of the others she had recently encountered.

Keahi bravely stepped up to him. "Who are you?" the filly asked, almost in a snarling voice as she stood bravely before him. "You are not a hellion," she said bluntly. Well, well, well, thought Temia as her daughter stepped up to the plate to address the stranger as he was.

"Keahi.." she warned. "Return to your spot. It is not your place to ask someone who they are...yet. But I am as well curious what he is doing here," she said, and when he said his name, it was obvious why a certain weakness stuck out. He was Doitean's son. And Doitean was weak. Even though Keahi was his daughter, she was nothing like him.

OOC: Pretty post :D 1045 words
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Saphira

PostSubject: Re: A Dark Visitor... ((Otho))   Mon Jan 14 2013, 04:18

[OOC: Shall wait for Otho and E(: ]
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Erosaf

PostSubject: Re: A Dark Visitor... ((Otho))   Mon Jan 14 2013, 19:03

Satan laughed as he saw Valek coming towards him. "Well well, well.. it seems one of the few who I can call family has come. Valek is my great grandson," he said, looking around at the others. He knew this particular one much more than most. "What brings you here, Valek? Passing through like me?"

He ignored the wolf, for now. Though the words about death shocked him. "And I'm afraid you can't be death completely, Shikei. One of my council members has that name."

He knew the power that he could sense in these two. He looked at the foal. "Does that answer your question about what my grandson is?"

The dark eyes suddenly gave Temia a withering glare. "Don't even dare think about keeping him as a slave! He is worth more than you know! I trained him!" He stepped directly between her, and Valek. He would have no trouble here.
Back to top Go down
otho

PostSubject: Re: A Dark Visitor... ((Otho))   Mon Jan 14 2013, 20:55

Exile

I watched in relative silence as the two newcomers approached. As Keahi had said, the stallion was a singularly black shade, and the wolf at his side was an equally dark-hued she-wolf, with massive wings smoothly pinned to her sides. Certainly, the black was a half-blood, but I bit my tongue. This one was confident, I'd give him that. He didn't even show the normal respect of bowing to the rules of a land when he entered and came to them. A nod however, was acceptable, I supposed. After all, I wasn't a stickler to protocol at time either.

Actually, I thought, he reminded me of myself when I was younger. Maybe less powerful, but he had the potential. The wolf at his side was something else. She claimed to be death... No, I had died, and she was not the one who had greeted me. Nor was she close to the hellion who bore the name. Still, if she dared call herself such, I figured either she was a horrible braggart, or else there was some merit in her words.

"Why are you here, Valek?" I asked him, my voice neutral. Although he was a half-blood, he was of Satan's ilk, and although tainted by mortal creatures, he was perhaps worthy of some thought. Satan would not have wasted his time in training one who had not given him reason to. Then I spoke again, this time, to Temia. "We need not be hasty, my queen." softly the words came out of my lips, but it was obvious that I wanted her to calm herself. Half-blood though he was, worthy or not as he may be, I would not risk an alliance with Satan over something that was trivial in my schemes.

My blue gaze locked with Valek's orbs, and I waited, chillingly quiet, for his answer. I ignored, for the moment, Satan, for this was between myself and the two newcomers. How they answered would decide my response, nothing else.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Saphira

PostSubject: Re: A Dark Visitor... ((Otho))   Tue Jan 15 2013, 02:48

They weren't entirely sure how the others would react to their presence - or to their requests. Once they had entered the clearing, both Valek and Shikei could feel the thick, stifling tension hanging heavily over the clearing, where conversation had so easily flowed before. It was obvious to them both, even with no telepathic or empath abilities to speak of, their their presence was not entirely welcome.

Despite feeling nerves clench deep within him at their less-than-welcoming silence, Valek buried all fear, nervousness and uncertainty deep within - so deep that even he would have to dig deep to look for them again. In their places, he brought out instead the persona he often used with untrusted allies - someone confident, cocky, yet deadly and powerful.

Like a well oiled machine, his psychological armour slide upon him like a second skin. Instantly, he began to act out his well-rehearsed role, pleased when none of them were able to tell the difference. Bolstered, he wildly tossed his head once more, unnerving black eyes fixing intently on each of them, carefully gauging and weighing their stares upon his bodice.

Beside him, Shikei shifted a paw. So, she, too, was unnerved, yet managing to show no sign of it to the rest. Impressive.

Not that he was about to tell her that, of course.

Finally, one of the group broke the stifled silence that hung thickly over the small cluster of horses.

And it enraged him.

Valek tossed his head high, eyes wild as he pinned the mare with a single, freezing glance, a single burning glance that would have scorched her to ashes if he had possessed the power to. Really, the first thing that they would notice was his pedigree.

"Pure-blood," he sneered back, flinging the would-be praise back towards her like he would he curse word. He would take none of this from anyone. He had trained hard - been trained by the best there was, and was equally capable as her bigoted Highness.

He locked gazes with her, feeling his ebony pelt, crack and blister, showing streaks of orange-crimson beneath as the marks of his heritage once again showed. Grey, sooty smoke curled around his heavily-muscled pillars, as his eyes flamed, unwilling to back down. He deserved her courtesy - if not respect - and he damn well would not roll over and expose his belly for her like a cowardly wolf.

Oops.

He muttered a quick apology to Shikei in his head, knowing that she would have flown into a rage had she known what he had thought.

The grey-black wolf said nothing in his defense, and Valek understood her silences as well as her words - This is your fight. Any interruptions from me and you'll look weak. Show them you're as strong, as capable as them.

And damn if that didn't sound motherly. He allowed himself a smug smirk at her expense, before once more focusing on the battle of wills.

When the young filly snarled at him, the dark stallion allowed a wisp of amusement to filter through the guards in his eyes, but said nothing otherwise.

He then turned his attention to the next.. test. Satan, his great-grandfather. Heart beating fast, he tensed slightly, wondering if he was still one of his great-grandfather's favourites. After all, after Satan had trained him, Valek himself had gone away to travel, to learn more from anyone about everything. Now that he had returned, he was unsure how the older stallion would receive him.

At his welcoming words, the stallion relaxed, allowing a brief, unguarded smile to shine through, as he inclined his head respectfully once more.

"It's nice to see you again, Great-grandfather," Valek murmured. "I have just ended my travels abroad, and have decided to stay. Upon my return, both Shikei and I heard tell about the 'evil horses' that had been rumoured to return. And here I am," he summed up, tilting his head and smiling lightly.

Satan's next words enraged Shikei, as the hot-blooded wolf exploded to her paws in a flurry of feathers, teeth bared in barely suppressed amusement and disgust.

"Honestly," she hissed, rolling her eyes and flicking her tail scornfully. "Don't any of you understand the wonders of exaggeration or hyperbole? Death, as in Bringer of Death, through my assassinations of them, or in simpler terms, if I must - I murder others. Thereby causing death. Hence my nickname, Death. Understand?"

With that scathing barrage, Shikei sat down calmly, once more tucking her wings to her sides.

Valek glanced sharply at her, narrowing his eyes as she met his gaze insolently, before looking away. He rolled his own dark orbs. Well, if she was so determined to be stubborn, and God knows that she hated playing nice...

The dark horse smirked, momentarily distracted by Satan's nasty words to the Queen. Allowing himself to catch her eye once more, Valek bowed ironically, carelessly summoning a delicate, pink flower that hung above their heads in one of the trees. The branch itself bowed down, allowing the flower to break off, floating gently to the ground in front of Temia's hooves.

"And student of Satan, m'lady," he added belatedly, raising a brow at her, before turning away to the last horse. Exile.

Valek nodded to the stallion, knowing that this was the one he truly needed to convince, since Satan seemed to be on his side already.

"We are here, Exile, because we'd heard of rumours of the Dark rising once more. We have come to be a part of that. I have connections - and so does Shikei. We are here to assist the war effort, help in the planning and in general, simply to ensure that our side has the maximum chances of winning - and purifying this land of all the light-blinded fools."

He allowed the passion that had infused his voice to drain, before holding his head high, meeting Exile's blue gaze unflinchingly.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: A Dark Visitor... ((Otho))   Tue Jan 15 2013, 14:03

Honor was not something to be taken lightly, especially in the field in which they worked in, in tight knit communities of those that were worthy and had honor in which they did - and where even the smallest trickle of difference could set one estranged from allies. It was not the degeneracy of those without the blood of generations of worth that set them apart completely, yet it still distinguished a fine line at times between elite and sub-par. That could sometimes be blurred though by certain power and characteristics.

Both of the pair seemed quite tense, like they were hiding something that the wanted not the prying fingers of the fae's mind in on. So unsure of themselves were they - like acting of his more worthy side was not of natural instinct as it came so easily to her. Like the blood shed that lived in him did not come naturally...but that it was forced with years of manipulation of the mind and training.

Death marked his icy cold words as they dug like talons into her skin, but it just so happened that her skin was leather and her soul impenetrable. If looks could kill, the returning glance she gave the prideful young stag would have. But all in time, he would prove his place among them all and become a worthy leader if he was truly meant to. Or perhaps, he would wither away to nothing and die in solitude without making a name for himself. At least she had a reputation among the lands as a ruthless and fearless warrior whose valor stood out even in the terrains where light hearts ran. They feared her like she was an abomination to their species...and indeed, that she was.

"I suppose," she paused for a moment speaking again. "That I let distaste for a certain half-blood enter haste into my thoughts. One that we were previously speaking of defeating. Perhaps this child of darkness can assist us in our venture. I shall pass my own judgment upon his worth disregarding pedigree," the words spoke out, clear in the air as she looked down to the filly that stood beside her, giving the child a scolding expression as she looked back to the lord of their kind. Regardless of what she thought, she would hardly voice her opinion before someone she knew could help them achieve what they wanted by any means necessary. After all, who was to stop them from taking the pitiful life of Therthis - with descendants of hell and hell's lord combined. Ah, there would be neither heaven nor hell that could prevent them from reaching their goal and stepping into the lime-light as true champions of their own fates.

As the stag spoke more, she began to slightly respect him as an individual, ignoring the incessant rantings of his 'companion' that he had brought along. Temia snorted at the wolf as she made futile attempts to argue with those her her kind - it was simply not worth her time to listen so she did not. It was true that none could personify death except perhaps ones of the council...and that dreaded goddess that always seemed to fight their every move. All she saw was that death was quite an excellent method of disposing those that she didn't care for.

Snickering at the thought, she turned her attention back to the scene that laid out before her. "Brother.." said the young filly, stepping up to examine him once more with large, curious orbs. "You are my half brother," said Keahi, looking up to him with slight awe in admiration, wondering if she, herself would ever be that large...like he was. For he was quite large.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Erosaf

PostSubject: Re: A Dark Visitor... ((Otho))   Fri Jan 18 2013, 21:17

((where's Keahi's bo, Phantom? does not seem to exist))

Satan's eyes snapped to the fily that spoke at the end. How could she be Valek's sister? He had not known that Doitiean had a second foal. Well, good thing that Doitiean's concealed past was coming out for him. He would hunt that miserable miscreant down and teach him a lesson or two indeed. "Who did you say your father was, Keahi?" He knew no name had been given, but he knew all the hellions.

Flicking his ears backwards at Valek would be enough for him to shut up before he did more harm than good. He was not impressed by the way either wolf or his great grandson was handling things here. "I thought I trained you better, Valek," were his only words.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A Dark Visitor... ((Otho))   Tue Feb 12 2013, 16:00

With a childish form hardly wider than that of a simple wolf, Keahi fearlessly stood face to face - nose to nose with her great-grand sire. Nothing seemed to phase her, not even the flames that surrounded her small bodice, nor the look of interest that all around her seemed to show. As the stag before her gave mention to her sire though, an utmost look of disgust became over her features. Like a demon from hell she looked, orbs filled with hate at the thought that she must speak of the dreadful cretin. Keahi gave a look to her mother, as if pleading that she didn't have to say the words that pursed her lips yet received a stern expression from her mother. It seemed as if she would come to speak of what had already been done.

"Doitean," she said, words slithering from her small tongue like fire. As she mentioned the name, her scowled as if the name had been an insult to her face - demeaning her, which it did in a sense. Naturally, her mother was a leader and this land had been in need of one, what with her father's stupidity and carelessness. A true queen had been needed and mother had fit the description perfectly. Now, he had lost her - he knew he would eventually.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Erosaf

PostSubject: Re: A Dark Visitor... ((Otho))   Tue Feb 12 2013, 16:17

Why did his grandson have to be the weak link in the chain? Asylum Escape have proved worthy to her lineage at least. He said nothing. It was clear that this little one was one that was worth his time. Instead of her father. How odd that such power could change so much within each generation.

"Well now, that is an unfortunate misdemeanor," he replied. "That horse is so much less than he should have been. I can hardly consider him family, though you on the other hoof I can." He was rather impressed by Keahi. She had the same power the rest of them did, no thanks to his grandson.

"Something tells me Doitiean has a few hard lessons coming from me."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A Dark Visitor... ((Otho))   Tue Feb 12 2013, 18:47

It was only due to the blood of her father that any would perceive her as weak due to the filth of his reputation. Strong was her mother, like a true warrior of hell descending upon the lights to take their lives and make them their own. Weaving her own way through the darkness, she would too follow the same path with some guidance. Sown would she be to the threads of hatred and evil.

"I ask for your training as you have given to my sibling," she said, bowing her skull in honor to her grand-sire. Unlike many, he was someone she could grow to tolerate unlike the babbling fool that her father was...and perhaps her brother - she hadn't judged him well enough yet. "I consider Doitean in no relation to me," she said quietly, in death tones as if she could murder her father from the land in which he stood far away. Where was he anyway? Not stag enough to defend the terrain they had grown up in, was he? Weak to the bone. And soon, he too would fall for the coward he truly was.

"Not only from you, grandfather," she said easily, shifting her weight on her thin pillars.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A Dark Visitor... ((Otho))   

Back to top Go down

A Dark Visitor... ((Otho))
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next