New lands appear. New alliances are made. Darkness once more threatens the world.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Oskamani, Are You Here?(Otho)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
.:Phantom:.

Cash On Hand : 1479

PostSubject: Oskamani, Are You Here?(Otho)   Sat Jun 30 2012, 19:01

Tentatively, slender pillars had glided across the sands, flaming daggers sinking into the dunes as she entered the rocky terrain. It had been different there than it used to have been; it was not the same red sun, not the same feel. It had felt hotter, hot like hell itself, and she had hardly wondered why seeing as to what the disgusting leadership currently was. She had sneered, hating the fact that her beautiful memories were shattered by this wasteland that it had become. Everything was different, but was everyone different? She had looked for them, but they had not remained in the horror of a land. So she had left.

They always had spoken of the hideaway of safety that they would travel to in case of danger - the Gemdas. That was what they were called, right? Masca could hardly remember any of the names, but her childhood had been filled with laughter until the horrid day that the beast had taken her from them. Every night she had shed a tear for those that she left behind in the red dust, for it was she that had lingered in sorrow and solitude until her escape had come.

Every muscle in her bodice was tense, even though this was a much safer land than the current Red Sun. Quietly, nervously she plodded upon the ridges of the mountains, following a pathway to the top. Masca knew this land top to bottom, for it was the horrid place she was kept as such a small filly - the forest had seemed more dim in those days, like shadows had taken all over the mountain range. Now, though, it was beautiful, like nothing she had ever seen in her life. The rocks in which she stepped upon were shimmering with morning dew, and the flowers were in full bloom. This was nothing like the place she had been tortured in....

"Hello?" Masca called shyly, craning her skull up to look around for what was there. Hopefully, Temia was not hanging around, just waiting to capture here once more. The name of one stuck in her mind like glue on paper - Oskamani. How many times they had played games of tag in the shaded regions of the desert, laughing and bouncing jovially. Those days had ended, but could they be relived? Where was her childhood friend? Surely, he hadn't stayed in Red Sun.

A looming thought lingered in the back of her mind, that maybe, just maybe, the evil king had not died the first time. Perhaps, he had come back and was planning to kill her this very day. Just the thoughts of what she endured as a young filly wished to chase her away from this beautiful terrain. She was being silly of course. There was no way anyone could hurt her now, right?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
otho

Cash On Hand : 509

PostSubject: Re: Oskamani, Are You Here?(Otho)   Mon Oct 01 2012, 15:57

Gold flames raced up through the trees, as if a fiery inferno was being sped on windy wings. The flames stopped though as they came to the young mare, and became denser, forming into the flaming form of Heart of Gold.

"Hello," he said, his voice a neutral tone as he took in the appearance of the other hellion. Suddenly, the golden horse snorted, his red eyes narrowing as he looked at her. "You're-"

"Masca," I said, coming from out of the trees, and then moved to stand between the beta and the fae. "Welcome to The Gemdas. Gold, don't worry, Therthis knows she's here."

"But she's-"

"An excellent fighter, a good ally, and a loyal friend. Do you disagree?" I asked him, everything in my voice just daring him to challenge my say on that. Despite being one of the subordinate stallions of the Gemdas' herds, there were very few things that Heart of Gold questioned me on, and I knew that he could tell that on the matter of Masca, I would win.

The golden stag bowed, his eyes darkening slightly. "Very well, I'll continue my patrol." Then the golden horse was gone, engulfed in flames, which continued their race up the mountain, and towards the outer plains of the land.

"Masquerade," I said, my voice gentle and soft. "I'm sorry, I would not have left, but I could not help, and staying would only have given the enemy another opportunity to hurt you more. A poor excuse, I know, but it was the painful truth."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
.:Phantom:.

Cash On Hand : 1479

PostSubject: Re: Oskamani, Are You Here?(Otho)   Wed Jan 09 2013, 14:03

Enclosed in the past flames of her heritage and the strife they had bestowed, she wondered if she truly belonged in such a place. What would she find in this foreign land when all she had known was the heat of the scarring red sun? A childhood memory rekindled? Those that had been long since lost but not forgotten?

Careful were her pillars as she began to tread deep into the heartland of what she thought must be the most beautiful place on earth. "Hello." Quickly, she spun around to face him, with a small smile, apologizing for being startled with her expression. He looked at her with disgust and hatred immediately and she nearly cringed at this disapproval. Was it the blue shading in her soft pools that bothered him the most...or the way the sun hit her pelt in the way that it had her father's? His image haunted her, and even though she was different, she was drawn to his power...in a different way.

"I'm not like him I'm-" she was interrupted as she began to reply. "Masca." Yes, that was what she had gone by years ago, but the voice that she had heard it from was the same. Masca looked up, the fright shaken from her expression as she looked back to her long lost friend. How could she help but to recognize him immediately? "I am Masquerade, Heart of Gold. I have seen you..and you have seen me, but I always hated them. Being around them made me wish them dead, but even with them around, I miss the past. Don't you miss the past sometimes, Heart of Gold? I just think sometimes that some things were better then," she said, glancing to Oskamani.

Masca stepped back around to Oskamani, the colt she had spent many of her days frolicking with when she was not under her mother, Kablina's brutal rein. "I don't blame you. The only reason I stayed is because it was home, and maybe, one day when the dread has cleared I will revisit Red Sun. They call it something different now, but it's still Red Sun somewhere," she said, "You're not different though, well except that you're maybe a little taller," she chuckled, glad to be in the presence of her friend.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Oskamani, Are You Here?(Otho)   

Back to top Go down

Oskamani, Are You Here?(Otho)
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Freedom's Palace :: The Mountains :: Gemdas-
Jump to: