Freedom's Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New lands appear. New alliances are made. Darkness once more threatens the world.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

May Peace Follow You, and War Never Touch You (Phantom)

Go down 
AuthorMessage
otho

Cash On Hand : 509

May Peace Follow You, and War Never Touch You (Phantom) Empty
PostSubject: May Peace Follow You, and War Never Touch You (Phantom)   May Peace Follow You, and War Never Touch You (Phantom) EmptySun Apr 22 2012, 20:06

Snow Dawn

A dark thread of shadow cast itself over the quiet place as a snowy white wolf moved cautiously through the long grasses, her bright gold-streaked eyes moving smoothly from place to place. Despite the knowledge that the land she was now in was a safe-haven for young ones, a place of peace for mothers, she didn't place trust in such promises. Hers was a carefully guarded burden, one which she would allow no one to interfere with. It had been many year since she had last journeyed to the safe-haven, and in that time, she and her pack had made many enemies. Enemies that would kill without mercy the pups she already cherished more than her own happy life.

As she moved slowly towards the deep cave she'd dug herself months before, she spotted movement nearby, and tensed for a moment, her hackles beginning to rise up on her back, her ears pricked forward to catch the smallest hint of an oncoming attack. As none came, she relaxed slightly, and moved into her chosen spot, lying down heavily on the carefully arranged bed of dead leaves and grasses she'd moved into her temporary den.

Satisfied that nothing would disturb her, she laid her soft white head down on her paws and waited patiently, knowing that everything would go at its own pace.

~*~*~*~*~*

A few hours later, she lifted her head slightly, the first pains of birth creeping up and down her spine, making her tingle in anticipation and pain. Soon after that, full-fledged waves hit her, and she rolled to her side, whining as she let the pain envelope her in a world of bright red lights...

When she next moved her head, the tiny wolf pups were waiting, their pale skin wet with fluid. Happily, the she-wolf picked them up one by one and licked them clean, her pink tongue moving expertly over their delicate bodies, careful never to brush to hard, or to leave them with wet ears. As she finished, she settled herself around them protectively, keeping track of their tiny legs as they squirmed and sucked greedily at her side.

~*~*~*~*~*

Kuvvet (Trans: Strength [Turkish] )

I yipped excitedly at the others, my dark tail whipping back and forth, my entire body tingling with suppressed excitement. behind me, dark eyes followed my every move I knew. I didn't pay any attention though; I was too hyper. "Come on everyone, come on! Let's go outside and play! Sun's up, and wind's blowing. It's gonna be great!" I knew that Synta would come no matter what; she followed me everywhere, but it wouldn't be nearly so much fun if our brothers didn't join us. Not that I'd ever tell them that. After all, I was the oldest of the litter, and so for now, at least, that made me in charge... In my opinion at least.

~*~*~*~*~*

Kono (Trans: Knowledge [Esperanto] )

I smiled slightly at my older sister's antics, my pure black eyes moving as she did, following her patiently. I tried fathoming what made her act so immature, despite being almost an hour older than me, but, failing miserably, I shook my head and settled for marveling at her strange antics, her black coat that swished and swayed, so beautiful compared to my pale grey. Behind me, my mother moved, her wet nose touching my head gently, sympathizing with me. "It's alright, Syn," she said to me quietly, her voice seeping through every fiber of my being, its warmth penetrating the loneliness I felt.

Sighing, I nodded slightly, and moved toward the entrance to the den, my mouth opening to reveal the gaping emptiness, the missing space where my tongue should have been. All that was there was a small stump. Unlike the others, I could never have spoken, instead relying on my motions to make myself clear. In comparison, my mind was as sharp as my tiny teeth, and although the others had the benefit of being able to eat and drink with ease, I was always the first to see danger, the quickest to act, and the best at solving problems. Except for when it came to the problem of explaining my ideas...

~*~*~*~*~*

Voyance (Trans: Vision [French] )

Silver eyes moved towards the bright outside world, and I moved past my frolicking sister with smooth strides, smiling to the grey sister, Synta. Outside, I knew, a dark thing was moving, but, as always, I also knew I wouldn't be able to make out its form or meaning. As I headed out, my mute sister joined me, her black eyes following me with unspoken intellect. The two of us were special, I knew, for while she had the knowledge of a great many, I had the wisdom gifted to few. Thus, I knew, came the names given to us, for while our mother surely didn't know, mine meant vision, while hers meant knowledge. Next to us, Kuvvet, or Strength, as I called her in my mind, was as nothing, for surely, ours were the greater gifts...

Silently, I looked to the other three, the two young brutes, and the final she-pup that completed our strange company, waiting to see if they would come out as well to join in the games.
Back to top Go down
otho

Cash On Hand : 509

May Peace Follow You, and War Never Touch You (Phantom) Empty
PostSubject: Re: May Peace Follow You, and War Never Touch You (Phantom)   May Peace Follow You, and War Never Touch You (Phantom) EmptyMon Oct 01 2012, 16:35

Qier

The white wolf smiled, before he pounced. His dark red paw slashing at Snow Dawn's pale coat, his teeth latching onto her throat, and clinging tight. He could feel her, as she tore open the skin along his eye, blinding him with his own blood. Still, he wouldn't release his grip on her, and as he shook her, he felt her weaken beneath him.

A black ball of fur jumped onto him though, tearing out patches of fur with sharp milk teeth. Angrily, the older wolf shook her off, then with a triumphant howl, a wind storm blew back the other pups, and the ivory attacker disappeared in the clouds.

~*~*~*~*~*

Kono

I cried out, my dark mouth opened in a silent howl of anguish, as my siblings and I looked open the still form of our mother, her pure, snowy fur stained with deep, dark rivulets of blood.

Next to me, Kuvvet took charge, her black fur wet with blood of her own from a thin, jagged cut on her side. Under her and Voyance's guidance, the rest of us made our way towards where we knew home was, as our mother had told us.
Back to top Go down

May Peace Follow You, and War Never Touch You (Phantom)
Page 1 of 1