New lands appear. New alliances are made. Darkness once more threatens the world.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

What Is Mine! [Saphira and Phantom]

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Kanchana
Admin

Cash On Hand : 1636

PostSubject: What Is Mine! [Saphira and Phantom]   Sat Jan 07 2012, 16:04

The ground seemed to speak with his need; the pure thumping gestures of his even stride drew all the attention to his once more heavily muscled frame. The ebony stag was almost himself once more. Gone was the thin and wiry colt that appeared half dead, back was the proud and much loved king.

The air of hopelessness surrounded him once more, longing and need combined into a powerful combination.

"Ganymede!" he roared, rearing high into the sky with challenge wanting to fight him with all his might but knew it was not the correct path.

"Come, speak with me....bring my queen."

His tall frame landed with a heavy thud, the hooves shifting into a perfect square halt and the nostrils flared with warning, not wanting to fight due to the words of wisdom of a goddess but rather speak. Maybe an agreement could be arranged? All he knew is that he would do anything for her, anything to get his beloved Blizzard back by his side. Vampire and all.

OOC: sorry its short and blah....kind of high on pain killers xD

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://shadowsofthedeep.forumotion.com
.:Phantom:.

Cash On Hand : 1479

PostSubject: Re: What Is Mine! [Saphira and Phantom]   Wed Jan 11 2012, 10:41

Scents of blood loomed within the air like a forbidden fruit...the beating of a heart drawing all the fanged ones in. It ran like a fish in a stream, the delectable taste that would run over his tongue if he could catch it, like the bear waits to catch the salmon. The crimson flood of life was transparent to him...and through the veins of the warmed creature, he could see only the nectar of his very survival. For some time, the blood had kept the poison at bay, but only one could free him of the burden of his future demise.

Muscles rippled as he raised himself from the cold, rocky core of the cave and the deep crimson orbs glared upon the pallid form that had been resting with him for a few days. So connected were they that all they thought about was the other - the past was a vacant cell of horror that hadn't the need to be revisited. Softly, gently, he touched top of her boa with his granite muzzle, affection sprawled upon his features as love spilled into his words. "My love...my Blizzard. Conquering all aspects of my former self," he whispered, pools of deep crimson watching over her and Seraphine until the bitter end. "You two are my everything..and I will never leave you," he whispered into her cold hark, knowing that he would soon need to hunt for her to satisfy her thirsts.

Suddenly, the bittersweet scent hit his nostrils, making them flare instantly with a heated passion for blood.

"Ashwin is upon our lands, love. You must come, but show restraint," he whispered, whipping to his feet immediately, muscles rippling under the thick granite layer of flesh. Upon an ivory sky, ebony blurred, making his arrival delayed by nearly an hour. Of course they would follow, for they were like he, now...a cold blooded killer. In moments, the ebony form glistening in the daylight appeared before his eyes, and a smirk appeared upon his features for only a moment. "Your colt has arrived..." he whispered to Blizzard as they arrived to the clearing.

Tossing his skull rather nonchalantly, he stopped before the stag, massive bodice towering over him like a skyscraper. "What do we have here?" he asked, a dim smile appearing upon his maw. "I suppose you didn't know what happens to...colts..that trespass on vampire territory...did you?" Ganymede stepped closer, dangerously closer until they were almost nose to nose. A warning was in his orbs, backed up with the simple adoration that he possessed for Blizzard. This brute would never see that side of the vampire, though, the living breathing love that had survived in his heart for over seven hundred years. It was simple, the reason. If it had not been for the ebony brute, he and his true love would have been reunited before now..with no one to stand in the way.

"She is not your queen," he said simply, looking to the pallid fae for confirmation. Oh, how much pain she must be bearing right now, seeing this stag who she once loved, this one that she had spent her evenings with and early mornings gazing into the sunrise. Would she remember the good times with him, now that his face shone bright in her memory again? Their love could not meet demise...no it could not, not for all the world nor universe. It would be a nearly impossible feat for his true love to even remember the sir that had captivated her senses in her mortal life, he knew, if she was anything like the average vampire. Days ago, when he had mentioned Ashwin's name, she had hardly remembered his presence...just the name. It had sounded familiar.

Perhaps, it would be okay. Perhaps, things would take their course brilliantly and the stag would leave with nothing but a broken heart. But if he asked for a fight, he would get one - and it would not turn out in his favor. "Say what you must, stag, and then be on your way. We have better things to do than stand around here waiting on you. We have a daughter and a herd to attend to," he finalized, waiting for the stag's response.

OOC: sorry...badddd post):
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Saphira

Cash On Hand : 796

PostSubject: Re: What Is Mine! [Saphira and Phantom]   Sat Jan 14 2012, 19:18

She blinked almost sleepily, her body drowsy with contentment, even though she could never really sleep again. The soft, delicate form of Seraphine lay cuddled up next to her, between herself and Ganymede. The sleeping foal’s soft, quick breaths and fluttering heartbeats were like a calming tempo, even as the venom pooled in her mouth at the scent of her daughter’s blood.

The silvery fae looked up, crimson eyes wide and startled as her lover rose – for the first time in a few days, if she remembered correctly. She had lost all concept of time ever since she had been changed. Who had the need to know what time it was every second and every minute of the day, especially when she had no need to feed as regularly as she did before?

At the touch of the spotted stallion’s muzzle on her neck, Blizzard’s gaze sought his, confusion in her eyes as she followed his actions. Rising fluidly to her hooves, the silver mare smiled at Ganymede, stepping carefully over Seraphine to lean against the vampire stallion, closing her eyes as a smile spread over her lips. Sometimes, she truly felt like a young foal, just reborn into a new life. She no - or very few - memories about her previous life as a regular horse. How could she miss what she did not know? She had never asked Ganymede, and he had never volunteered any information. She was safe here; happy. No worries at all.

"I love you too," she whispered shyly, ducking her head to rest it on his withers, her silver-white pelt glowing ethereally in the early morning sunlight, her eyes straying from Ganymede's perfectly sculpted form to her daughter's pale white pelt. She trembled from the force of the emotions welling up within her. Everything now seemed so vivid, as though magnified by a thousand.

Her eyes flashed to his immediately at his words, confusion once again clouding her eyes as a lifetime of memories struggled to break through the misty barriers of her mind. That name again. The one that sounded so familiar. The name that evoked so much conflict, so many emotions within her. Hissing lowly with frustration, she shook her head and pushed away her feelings of discomfort, stepping towards Seraphine to wake her.

"Seraphine? Darling?" she whispered quietly, watching with a warm smile as the young one lifted her head and blinked dazedly. "We have a visitor. We're going with Daddy to meet him," she murmured, giving her a final nudge, before turning to Ganymede, worry sparking in her eyes. Was she strong enough to resist the siren call of his blood? She had not yet been exposed to another flesh-and-blood-mortal-equine. Neither had her daughter. What if she killed him even before he had the chance to say anything?

Pushing her doubts aside, Blizzard and Seraphine raced after Ganymede, her hooves barely touching the ground, their surroundings whipping by in a flash. She enjoyed the stretch and pull of her muscles, enjoyed the speed at which she ran. As the clearing approached, she slowed, looking askance at Ganymede at his puzzling words. "My colt?" she queried, dumbfounded. "How is he mine?"

She stopped talking then, holding her breath so that his blood would not tempt her to feed as she followed Ganymede closer to the stallion. Looking past the spotted stallion to the mortal one, she exhaled in shock, feeling as though she had been hit with a wrecking ball. Her knees locked like a startled colt's, as she stiffened, staring at Ashwin. Memories were hammering at her mind again, throwing themselves again and again at the locked door, trying to force their way through.

So familiar. So, so familiar. His body, his stance, his scent, his very nature called to the deepest part of her, as she eyes clouded with uncertainty and confusion once more. Who was he to her? Someone much loved, she knew that much, but who? She barely heard the words passing between the two stallions, sensing the testosterone levels rising dramatically as she shielded Seraphine with her body.

Blizzard trembled lightly, sharply inhaling as a reflex action as she pondered the strange situation. Too late, she caught her actions, before she cried out in horror, even as the bloodlust consumed her. "Ganymede!" she wailed, her body convoluting as she tried to keep her sanity, her eyes glazing over as the predator inside her took over, forcing her step by step closer to the stag with the warm, sweet-scented blood.

"No-can't," she choked out, forcing herself backward and retreating further into the forest in fear. "Who are you?" she burst out, unable to take it anymore as she stood upwind of the stag, so she would not be able to smell his blood. "Why do I remember you only? Why do I feel so conflicted when I hear your name?"

Collecting herself once more, she inhaled and stopped breathing, beckoning the stiff and obviously brightened Seraphine over to her.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kanchana
Admin

PostSubject: Re: What Is Mine! [Saphira and Phantom]   Sat Jan 14 2012, 19:36

The noble head lifted, the eyes finally landing upon the upcoming figure he was yet to meet yet know all to much about. He took in the relaxed stance, obviously not finding a threat in his small form but he kept his stance proud, his frame tall as he evenly met the gaze of his competition.

"Greetings," he murmured coolly as his harks pricked the distance yet familiar sound of dainty hooves clattering over land. His heartbeat quickened as her form appeared over the edge of the hill, no different then it had been when she had been stolen from him.

His deep eyes roamed the slender length of her body, taking in the beautiful white form. He searched her face, hoping to gain a sense she wanted to come with him before speaking, dragging the gaze to the other brute in the clearing.

"She was," he said simply with a nod of his head "and I hope will be again."

He ignored the dismissing tones of the stallion, turning all his attention to Blizzard and the slight foal, a filly he guessed by her scent, that hid behind her. This must be the foal Sontana had told her about, but he knew he would stick true by his word. No matter who sired the foal, given a chance to get Blizzard back he would do anything.

"Blizzard..." he whispered her name like a soft caress, unable to stop himself from stepping slowly closer towards her but froze as she cried Ganymede's name, feeling the word stab deep into his heart and sadness instantly filled his being.

What if he was too late?

He pushed the thought away, despart now to just have a final chance. But her question had him locked in confusion. She didn't know him?

"I am Ashwin," he offered softly "King of Valeska...your my queen, my lover and mother to our first daughter Quicksilver. You...you are my anything...how do you not remember me?"

He looked at Ganymede, feeling the hate rise for him but forced himself to breath it out, knowing that would be the only battle he would ever loose.

"What did you do to her?" he demanded, squaring himself once more "What have you done!"

OOC: I'm so sorry...it's.....awful! Well at least compared to all your amazing posts xD Well done guys! Though I'm feeling kinda bad for Ashwin *pats head*
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What Is Mine! [Saphira and Phantom]   Sun Jan 15 2012, 13:11

Trees bent like willows seemed to weep over the land, mist from the massive waterfall next to them spraying off gentle fumes that caressed their features. Perhaps they wept for poor Ashwin...who chases after beautiful vixens who hardly thought twice of him! It was difficult to think of the ebony stag's sorrow as a joke now, though, seeing as to how much it hurt his beautiful shimmering lover. So dainty was her frame that it was difficult to mistake her strength and prowess, like a lioness hunting upon the plains. Truly, she was magnificent, reining powerful as the queen of Eleazar, the paradise of a thousand years old and a thousand more under their reign.

How beautiful the sky was - it seemed to beckon for the ebony stag more than Blizzard had! His crimson orbs wandered over to the desperate creature, wondering what he would do if she showed him even the slightest of affections or thought. Or what would he do if she ignored him - jump off the side of the waterfall, bloodying himself in the sharp rocks below? Well, that wouldn't be too horribly bad, for they would have food for quite a long time if the sharp currents didn't drain him...

Gently, he touched her shoulder, nuzzling her softly, delicately with compassion...with all the love he had. It was not just for show - it was what he felt, and he hoped to ease her mind to make this difficult struggle easier for her. It had to be painful to see him again, not knowing who he was or what he was doing any longer. There was nothing left for the two of them, and Ganymede almost felt guilty and selfish for doing what he did...but it was destiny, one could argue. This was an odd enough paradox, having the two of them here, once more. Even though the great spotted vampire wouldn't let any of them know, he was secretly worried that he would lose her forever. Sarcasm didn't hurt when it came to driving off intruders, though.

"He is not anyone's, dear. I shall elaborate upon the situation later, for I wanted you to become strong before I explained to you what had happened over the last few months," he whispered in her hark, nodding in confirmation as he watched her. Young Seraphine seemed terribly frightened, so he went from behind and nudged her small, frail bodice a bit, hoping to reassure her. Things could not be in war forever - there had to be some resolution, for he loved them both so much that his heart might explode with all the love it held.

Ganymede felt weak in the knees suddenly as Blizzard began to feel exhausted with stress and emotions flooding over her small, petite frame. "It is okay, my love. What he says is true. You loved him once, but destiny has its own plans in nature," he said, looking to Ashwin with a deathly glance. "We all have made mistakes," he explained, attempting to calm her down with his calmness. After all, they fed on each other's emotions. There were not many tales of how connected a vampire couple could be, but the mind, soul, and body were always one when it came to them. They had never disputed their closeness, and it could not be terminated by space nor time.

He stepped before her, not allowing her to chase after the brute with the delectable smelling blood. Pure mortal blood smelled the best, it seemed. "Blizzard, you must remember what I told you about fighting the urge to kill," he whispered gently to her, so that Ashwin couldn't hear. They had been trying to figure out how not to feel drawn to their daughter so in blood-urges. Although she drank blood, she had blood of her own...and it was very difficult at times to fight the urges of the predator. They were like lions and wolves - like the ancient predators from far and wide who needed to hunt for their prey. It was their means of survival, just it was of Ashwin's to eat and digest the grass. They were not horses, not anymore. They were vampires.

"He was quite significant in your old life, Blizzard. You have not seen him in more than a year and a half though. Once we fell in love...well, you remembered him but he was not significant. Once you changed, you lost all memory of his character...." said Ganymede softly. "As to you, brutish creature, I have done nothing to her. I love her," he said, firmly standing his ground, a small trickle of a smile playing on his features as he watched her affectionately.

"You on the other hand, I do not," he murmured, taking a step closer to the ebony stag, towering over him. "And I suggest, for your best interests, that you leave before both of our blood lusts get out of control. We wouldn't want that to happen, would we?" he asked, sounding pleasant enough. The threat beneath the words was visible to all though.

OOC: Ganymede's still an ass. xD
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kanchana
Admin

PostSubject: Re: What Is Mine! [Saphira and Phantom]   Mon Jan 16 2012, 03:29

OOC: LOL! and waiting for Saph so we keep the same order...
Back to top Go down
Saphira

PostSubject: Re: What Is Mine! [Saphira and Phantom]   Sun Feb 12 2012, 00:47

Blizzard was... of course, confused. She felt as though were were a vine being used to play tug-of-war between two horses, each pulling at her, tearing her into half. She could see the steely determination in both their eyes, the desire to win - with her as their prize. She knew neither would give up without a fight - no pun intended, for it may, indeed, come to blows. Blizzard eyed their individual stances warily, shifting to accommodate Seraphine who hid timidly behind her.

The terms both of them used spun dizzily around in her mind, cluttering her thoughts and creating a thunderous whirlwind of emotion, feelings and thoughts, where she could not easily separate one from another.

Lover? Queen? Mother? Destiny? Loved? Or love? She idly wondered, staring wide-eyed at the two powerful stags in front of her. Her crimson gaze fell upon Ashwin, and she tilted her head slightly, trying to recall, in the misty memories of her mind, what he was to her. Who he was to her. And a daughter? She had another, besides Seraphine? A pang, sharp as thorns ran through her heart, and she pressed her muzzle to her chest, as though comforting the lightning-fast organ, trying to soothe the pain. Why could she not remember? What else had she given up to become a vampire?

She turned her head, staring at Ganymede as he whispered soothingly to her, trying to calm her down, it seemed. Blizzard took a shuddering breath, sighing as she released it, leaning softly onto the spotted stallion, her rock, her love.

Perhaps she had once loved Ashwin, but that was in the past, was it not? Another love, another life... For she could not remember anything about the time together with him, except for the few brief flashes of emotions she felt when she looked upon him. What did Ashwin want with her? What was his purpose for coming? Surely it wasn't to bring her back. They would have to start all over again... and she doubted she was the same mare that Ashwin still pined after.

Still, even as she tried to still her clamouring thoughts, pain pierced her heart, and all of a sudden, she felt so unbearably guilty for what she knew she had to do. She had to tell him that she could not go with him, that her place was here with Ganymede, that they had a connection, strong as steel, light as a feather - could he not see it? - that Ashwin had to go without her.

Selfishly, she felt as though she didn't want to let him go either. It was as though a part of her still clung on to the black stallion, unwilling to let him go. And truthfully, letting him go scared her for some reason. It was as though once she uttered the final words, the last ties to her 'previous' life would be gone.

But she knew she had to do it.

As Ganymede started to speak again, Blizzard nudged him sharply, glaring at him, hissing a quiet, "Don't provoke him!" under her breath. She stepped forward, quirking an uncertain smile at Ashwin, as she prepared to break what was left of his heart. She knew what she would do would haunt her for the rest of her existence... but what else could be done? Either Ashwin or Ganymede would be hurt.

"Ashwin..." she trailed off, searching for the right words. "Perhaps... Perhaps in another life, I loved you. As dearly as I loved Ganymede now. But... I can't remember it anymore, Ashwin. It's as though I was reborn anew. I don't remember anything, I don't know anything aside from living here. I..."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kanchana
Admin

PostSubject: Re: What Is Mine! [Saphira and Phantom]   Sun Feb 12 2012, 02:58

He watched her, despart for some sort of reply. A reply he needed so dearly that he could live longer, for another year...another day...another hour with her by his side. Hell he would live if he could just spend another second by her side, in love like they had been for years previous.

"I.." he choked, nobel black head shaking away the tears that threatened to fall but they struggled to dampen his musclar cheeks "Blizzard...my love...your mine...your....my everything!"

He sobbed the words out, not caring if he appeared weak. Worry of such mudane things no longer appiled.

A despart rage fill him, eyes landing upon the very stallion he wanted to rip into pieces. But he couldn't, not if it would harm his beloved. Not if he was what she wanted, whom she now loved.

"You left me," he whispered, green eyes darting back to the fae who once held his heart "for....him!"

He snapped his teeth once at the vampire stallion, an unspoken threat as something snapped inside him. His eyes growing wide, growing insane with need and want for the something he had struggled so hard for...only to have it thrown back in his face.

"I love...loved you!" he roared, lunging towards her but halting himself with a scream of pain, rearing with a flash of his hooves but couldn't bring himself to harm her, even in his insane path of mind.

"You where MINE!"

He spun on his dark hooves, heavy strides thundering back the way he had come with only a final look cast back over his shoulder, tears once more falling freely as he left the only one he had truly loved.

OOC: poor Ashwin....

Back to top Go down
Saphira

PostSubject: Re: What Is Mine! [Saphira and Phantom]   Tue Feb 14 2012, 07:52

(OOC: PLOT STARTING?!? XD)
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: What Is Mine! [Saphira and Phantom]   Tue Feb 14 2012, 16:44

Once a caged bird had sung the tune of sweet betrayal, of longing the sleepless nights away wishing her heart's desire. Days grew into months, though, and even though some clung to the thought that distance made the heart grow fonder was mistaken. In this case, determination had grown into a monster that threatened his very gates of shining heaven - the place where the shimmering waterfalls were spelled with desire and peace. Flames had not erupted from his lips in many a moon, especially towards his beloved. Today was one of those days where his patience was running extremely thin. It would only be so long until his snapped this obsidian stag's bones like a twig.

Distress was clearly splattered upon her features, for memory of mortality was not one of the benefits of their kind. Just looking into her deeply concerned eyes caused for many sensations to erupt within him, spilling out in his countenance. For many days, he had worn his heart on his sleeve with worry of her, the alabaster fae that had captured him from the very moment her crimson orbs looked into his. Hell, he didn't blame the poor bastard for chasing after her for years, for he had waited many a lifetime to stand beside this sweet beauty of his.

An air of innocence circled about him, like a young colt seeing the world for the first time every time he looked to her. Pure bliss radiated around them, and the world seemed to sing to their tune as the wind danced under their command. They were not noble nor claimed their place in royalty; they just were. For what did royalty really matter for when love danced under every sunset for all eternity? All the lies that earth in her evil nature clung to lasted a matter of years, while their fibers would remain for centuries to come. When all else was gone, the lifelong bond would remain. Even to the day of darkness when the earth was consumed with shadow, they would remain. What a thought, that this would never end.

The prowess of the ivory fae was undeniable, and she was fit like a female cougar, hunting down any prey she set her mind to. Denying all other predators that came near; and that was what the ebony one was, in his opinion. A threat. Not in stature, but in mind, for what if his dear left him for the one who stood so emotionally before her? What if she decided that he had more to offer than the spotted stag? Such worries were nonsense, he told himself and even to think them was wrong - yet, the thought still lingered, tingling as the brawny stag spoke.

He had been caught up in thought so much that he nearly shuddered as she leaned upon his granite shoulder. Breath escaped him hastily as he watched the traumatized stag say his words to her. Quickly, he stepped before her, snarling as the massive stag threatened with his words and tone. Ganymede lunged forward, daring him to take another step in her direction or even to show her rage. Venom dripped from his fangs - drip by drip as it flowed to the ground. Venom would not catch the ebony lover - death would catch him! Who did he think he was to approach upon his land and scream at his queen - threaten his peace and well being? What kind of monster was this noble sort supposed to be?

Sturdy pillars carried him forward, but he did not dare to rip the brutal one to pieces in fear that he may hurt the only one he had ever cared for. "You no longer have a choice but to leave. You coward of a fool! Daring to raise your voice to my queen. You are lucky I do not rip you to pieces for hurting her," he said, holding back the anger and rage with his emotionless vocals.

As the monster left, he gently turned back to Blizzard. "You must silence your nerves. We shall get through this, my love. He cannot stay broken forever," he said softly, nudging her reassuringly as he turned his gaze back to the path from the valley, quite less traveled.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kanchana
Admin

PostSubject: Re: What Is Mine! [Saphira and Phantom]   Tue Feb 14 2012, 22:40

OOC: yepo Saph! I made a thread in Valeska for your two stallys..waiting there. I think this thread is done? xD You two can keep going..but Ashwin's gone.

Back to top Go down
Saphira

PostSubject: Re: What Is Mine! [Saphira and Phantom]   Wed Jan 16 2013, 06:15

Blizzard was sure that she could not have felt more wretched than if she had tried.

How could she have told him that so carelessly? He'd loved her, cherished her - she could feel it, deep within her, within her heart. Though the organ had already ceased to beat ever since she had been transformed into a vampire, it was obvious, that all the old fairytales and myths were untrue - If, indeed, all emotions did truly come from one's heart, then surely she would not be able to feel this bone-deep, soul-deep weariness and sorrow?

She had closed her eyes as she spoke, the silver-white eyelids sliding shut gently over her deep crimson pools. Inhaling sharply at the suddenly electric silence between them, the mare tensed. Every single one of her muscled stood ready, battle-alert, even if she wanted to weep.

Pain, sorrow, longing, regret, hurt. Each of them scored a series of bitter, vicious claw marks over her already ragged and wounded heart. How much more, she would vaguely, awaiting for the furious, bitter reaction of the spurned stallion. How much more could her battered heart take? Already, bits and pieces seemed to be missing.

The silvery-white mare felt little Seraphine press closer to her, peaking out curiously from beneath her flanks. The small form was trembling slightly - from fear or excitement, Blizzard did not yet know. Opening her eyes slightly, the fae lowered her head, nuzzling her precious daughter and taking comfort in her sweet innocence.

The black stallion's words were like blows of a hammer to her heart. She bowed her head, meek in the face of his fury and grief, as she silently took the verbal lashing that she had already steeled herself for.

She did not lift her head - not even when she heard the thundering of his hooves grow closer, than fainter and fainter and fainter. Blizzard inhaled a shuddering breath, whickering quietly to Ganymede when she heard his impassioned defense of her. Something in her heart swelled once more, even as another part died.

"Ganymede, love," she murmured quietly, raising her head and looking at him, moving closer to the spotted stag. She rested her head upon his wither, closing her eyes and sighing heavily, utterly drained.

Seraphine gracefully ran after her dam, ducking under the spotted stallion's tall frame and hiding there, her exuberant nature already returning, after the danger had passed.

"Who was he? I don't like him - he was mean!" she exclaimed with all the self-righteousness of a young one. She nodded her head, short locks curling wispily over her nape, as she twisted to gaze up at her father expectantly.

Blizzard smiled at her daughter in fond exasperation, rolling her eyes lightly. To Ganymede, she murmured, "I shall recover in time, love. It is enough for me to know that you are here with me."

(OOC: Sorry!! After almost a year >< And sorry for the post too, it's not exactly the best :/)
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: What Is Mine! [Saphira and Phantom]   Fri Feb 01 2013, 18:43

Lifeless were their orbs, casting shadows on the world as if it was their domain. Every corner, every shadow, and every blade of grass was theirs for the taking - and what were mortals to say in response? Morals were something only the living cherished, for did they not have something to look for to when their life subsided? It was better to think they were simply mort flesh rotting in the ground rather than saints. Most of them didn't deserve it.

Since when did he care about what was wrong and right to their standards? There was only one standard he followed, and that was of the hunt and of protecting what belonged to him - that meant his child and his love. Only careful restraint kept him from leaping to the jugular of the ebony stag and slicing it, whilst ripping his entrails from him.

What a shame they had been present upon the starving king's arrival....what a dying shame.

Soon, she too would cease to care about those that she was not directly affected by. The blur of time would soon seem only like seconds, where a day was nothing more than a mere breath. Old pains would heal, and new hungers would emerge - a lust for behind the scenes power that only one of their kind could effectively obtain. There was no sympathy in his heart for anyone who continuously ripped and shattered their lives. A simple child deserved not the dis-affections and heartache caused by feeling the pain and sorrow of generations before her. Tension boiling to a point for years and years reincarnate and hatred leaping at the bounds of all in which they existed.

Only faint visions of the past echoed in his memories, shards enough to remember why he was here and why he loved Blizzard. Hell, that was the only thing he knew other than how to hunt. Each word he spoke cut deeper into him with fear, fear that he would lose everything that he had suddenly achieved. That which one achieved, could be just as easily lost...

"All wounds heal as long as the rays of the sun beat against us and the blood of our victims flows through us," he smiled slightly, looking down to his dearest daughter - the other love of his life.

Suddenly, some sounds bothered his harks, which twitched at the slightest of rustling of leaves in the distance. Hooves. Four of them. Coming into his terrain. They had better have a good reason for coming about...or they would be four hooves upon a dead creature. Dainty were they, and the blood of the creature antagonized him, almost like his love's did when he first met her. They seemed two in the same - yet if they were that alike, she would not leave. What happened next completely surprised him.

Glistening in the distance was a regal fae, petite in size yet mature with strong structures of muscle and bone. Her eyes twinkled with a certain worldly wisdom that few of her age category possess. Manipulative were her orbs, and they suggested that she came with an ulterior motive in mind. It was not, per-say, an evil thought or master plan to dominate the world, but she certainly had something in mind. Refined was she, with the same glistening eyes of innocence that he somewhat recognized in Serphine. Could it be? Easily, she tread forward, seeming to know exactly what she was dealing with and showing no fear at all. No mind did she have for death.

Coming before them with her skull raised high, she smiled an enticing smile, nodding her cranium before introducing herself. "Hello," she said, her musical tones floating between them as she stopped before them. Mother would remember her surely, for she was the truest love that one could hold.

"I am Quicksilver, daughter of Blizzard and Ashwin. And it is time for you to return home mother," she said softly, eyes falling as she noticed the crimson in her mother's eyes. She gleamed down to the small filly, somewhat with astonishment and somewhat with joy that she had a little sister to pamper. That is...if mother ever came home. Was their family to be torn apart forever?

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Saphira

PostSubject: Re: What Is Mine! [Saphira and Phantom]   Tue Feb 12 2013, 20:46

It was in the nature of all things to die. It was only natural, only logical that the regular cycle of birth, death and then birth again was used for Mother Earth to recharge herself, to ensure that those that lived upon her were strong and capable of continuing their breed.

Survival of the fittest. The only true, unbreakable Law that governed them all, not only those who could age and die, but also the Immortals, the unaging. Every single creature on this planet wanted to live, clinging to life with a desperation far stronger than any material that could ever exist in this world.

Even Immortals.

Even Vampires.

Like her.

It was only natural to look out for her own best interests, was it not? And she had found it with Ganymede, the spotted vampire whom she could not remember meeting as a puny mortal, but whom she loved with her whole, dead heart. It was a pure love, an ethereal love, a love so strong that it would transcend time and space itself. It would last for centuries if needed, ignoring those around them who would surely grow old and pass on. For cycles and cycles, never-ending.

A twisted end to the Happily Ever After. The Prince got the girl, but at what price?

Had she changed? Was she still the mare whom Ganymede fell in love with? How could she be, after this tremendous change, after she had so callously sent her former lover away, as though he had not mattered to her at all!

Blizzard felt like weeping, but no tears would fall. The cost, then, of immortality. Was it to be her mortal emotions? Her passions and interest and vitality? As the centuries passed, as the Earth turned, would she eventually assume herself better and of a higher order than those of mortal flesh? Would she turn a disinterested eye to the struggles and triumphs, tears and sadness of those around her?

Would she lose her very self in the process?

Perhaps, all she needed was time, to adjust, to see what could be, instead of what could have been.

But, she thought, raising her head fluidly, her soft crimson eyes catching Ganymede's and holding them. She would not trade this love for the world. Not ever.

And her heart warmed with love, and softened, ready to be molded and shaped once more by her immortal love.

"Ganymede," she started, wanting to reassure the stallion that he had nothing to fear, that she would never, ever leave him. To assure him of the depths of her love for him, for Seraphine. She looked down at the small, ghostly shape pressed against her form, snuggled in between both her parents.

Her heart seemed to swell with all the love that she had ever felt for them both and blocking the words from emerging from her, for the rest of the members of her little family. She opened her mouth, intending to speak once more, but the congestion in her throat had yet to dissipate enough for her to talk.

She hoped he understood.

Her ears flicked back, and suddenly, she realised that the faint drumming sound in the distance was actually that of distant hoofbeats, rapidly approaching. Who could that be? Surely, none were so foolish so as to venture this deep into the vampire terrain? Especially with Ganymede's reputation?

Blizzard warily angled herself between the approaching equine and her young daughter, still so tiny, so innocent. Was it Ashwin again, come back for vengeance?

But no, it was a fae that approached, all swift and elegant and dainty. The Queen narrowed her eyes sharply, fighting down the irrepressible prickle of jealousy that another would seek Ganymede out. She could not, however, stifle the irritated huff of breath that escaped through her nares.

But as the other moved nearer, the irrational bit of jealousy that had flooded her faded away as quickly as it had come. Who was this mystical, brave creature? Blizzard glanced down quickly to Seraphine, noting the similar structure, the same glistening eyes of innocence that were the symbolic trait of her dearest.

And at the back of her head, a headache began to thrum.

For the love of all the Gods and Goddesses, was she to meet all the ghosts of her past in this very day? Would she have no respite, no chance to simply spend time with them both?

Lost in her thought, she did not notice little Seraphine slip through the gap between their bodies, walking boldly forward as her eyes sparkled with the mischief and invulnerability of youth.

"Seraphine! No, come back here," she said sternly, ears flattening in irritation when the young filly chose to ignore her in favour of exploring this new character.

And then she was stunned, floored by the words that came out of the fae's mouth.

"Daughter?" she gasped in surprise, looking hard at the fae - Quicksilver. "I have a daughter? Why did you not ever tell me?" she asked, eyes widening in hurt as she moved forward quickly, to meet this strange mare whom she had birthed. A pang of sorrow so deep cut right into her heart, tearing it open adn she could feel it bleeding.

A daughter... A child! A Mother's love could not ever be broken. She knew what it meant now, even as she warily approached, tentatively nuzzling the beautiful fae's cheek in welcome.

"Daughter," she breathed, joy and love lighting up her features, as she glanced back at Ganymede.

She stepped back, however, at the words that flew her way.

"I could not, Quicksilver!" she cried, drooping her head and backing away. "My home is here now! I have no recollections of my old life - your father has come before you, and yet I could not remember him! But," she paused, staring at the mare hopefully, and tracing her face with her eyes filled with love.

"You could stay, if you wish?" she asked, looking at Ganymede, seeking permission for the child of his rival to stay within the sacred boundaries of his lands. The child of a rival. But it was her child too!

"I would love to get to know you once more," she whispered softly, longing coating every word.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: What Is Mine! [Saphira and Phantom]   Fri Feb 22 2013, 19:38

Every element of true life had faded and that which had risen to the surface, bobbing before them was a sort of god-like resilience. To the wind and rain, beating against their doorsteps and threatening them, they had become better adapted and more keen. To the art of war they had become masters, yet it was only one domain in which they seemed to take the superior hand to those to which they used to call kin.

Who could say which sort of death belonged to them? None of them had seen after death, and none of the mortals certainly knew much about anything they constantly blathered on about. Of course, their kind were not revered for their dodging of death...but envied and called atrocities, only because they broke all the rules the mortals lived and died by.

So many phrases and connotations did their calling carry upon them, certain burdens that could never be relinquished. It was something that they were - just mentioned in a completely meaningful aspect to those others.

Vampire. Blood-sucker. Immortal.

Over decades, those with attributes similar to his own learned to not care about mortal life. Ultimately, the immortal would live to see the death of his opponent by other means than by his own hand. It was a satisfying thought, when the ripe of age left them alone once more to start over. Certain individuals though, he felt were not worthy to walk upon their kind - like the non-stealthy hydrophobia stag he had changed out of pity years ago. Years? Months? Day? He noticed it was far too difficult to keep track of time..

Even before the pale femmora had arrived upon their soil, he had sensed a nervous tension about his love for hours now. Almost had he forgotten the tension in one's soul as they traveled through the passage into immortality. Though he felt pity for her, he also felt a sense of pride in his actions that he may love forever, while others were doomed to die and leave all that they loved. Even those ghosts of the past would be a distant memory soon enough, though he doubted that neither he nor her would forget the broken eyes that had glanced upon them today from the emaciated ebony stag.

"Yes, love it is alright," he said quietly, reassuringly as he heard her murmur to him at the approach of hoof-beats. With slight unease he looked down to his daughter, full of life and living. Though the quickly approaching creature clearly startled his mate and filly, he showed no fear, even in the eyes of immense danger.

Upon wafting in her blood and breath, deep in his nostrils, he noticed something rather peculiar about this creature before she even spoke. That same scent of blood upon her...that same pearly, pallid pelt, those same innocent, longing eyes, that same heart all shone brightly about the fae. The essence of her spelled that she was her mother's child...the entire tone of her voice - demanding but polite fascinated him. Usually, he would feel angered by any demands that his beloved come home...for this was her home now. Something told him that the youthful fae didn't want to harm anyone though, so he let her speak. Anything for his Blizzard.

Easily, he could see her mind spiraling. Wondering. Thinking. Ah, he should have told her of Quicksilver before now...obviously, she didn't remember the child she once cuddled by her warm side.

"I should have told you earlier, Blizzard. So much was happening that I just lost track and forgot to tell you about Quicksilver...," he said with a sigh, feeling slightly disappointed that he had kept something more from her. Oh well, at least she knew now, in the most awkward and horrible way to find that you have a daughter. Still, the connection was strong between them, and certainly, who was he to keep a child and her mother apart?

Ganymede took a step closer, critically examining the filly once more before he nodded easily to her question. "She may stay. Under the conditions that she is kept safe when we feed. Your first hunt will be quite...interesting," he said with a short laugh. At that, he looked back to the fae.

-

Adrenaline pumped through her heart as she finally stood before the last memory of her small, disjointed childhood. Once upon a time, they had been woven together in an unbreakable substance. Now, all that remained was shattered pieces of the past that one could at times pick up and piece together to get a picture of warm sands upon her ivory ankles. Or the wind blowing through her short, youthful tassles as she stood upon a dune with her mother, watching the day go by. Oh, how she missed it. And this was certainly not home.

If only mother would come back to the place where she belonged, with her and father, could everything be restored. But who was she kidding? Things would never be the same...mother was one of those...immortals now. Quicksilver didn't even know the beginnings of the properties of them. Did she wish to?

Before anyone spoke, a young pallid filly that looked the spitting image of herself as a child moved close to her. She had the same spark in her blue eyes as did Quicksilver and her mother - this had to be the child those had spoken about. She was simply radiant, and the young mare couldn't help but to smile at the sight of her own blood, her own kin glimmering in the sunlight.

A pang of hurt and anguish sparked through her as mother spoke her first words though, and it caused her to take an abrupt step back. "M-mother...you don't remember me?" she cried, a single tear running down her cheek as she backed farther away from the scene. "I am your daughter, how could you not remember me?! I was your first born..." she said, angry at herself for even making this journey. Stamping a hoof, she turned her skull away, bracing against the force of the world. "I have looked for you...and I wanted to see you again. But it is too late I see...you are one of them," she said, tears running from all directions now.

Quicksilver wasn't sure why she was saying all these horrible things to her mother, but she certainly did want to stay and see her and her small, child sister. Sorrow was about her though as she stood before them.

"I will stay," she said finally, eyes resting upon the both of them.

ooc; a tad dramatic and a little long haha
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Saphira

PostSubject: Re: What Is Mine! [Saphira and Phantom]   Fri Mar 01 2013, 02:23

Who could truly say what was a dream, and what was reality?

Perhaps, she mused, a little dazedly, that this day in itself, was merely a dream, a figment of her imagination. Could it truly only have been the day before, that Ganymede, little Seraphine and herself were basking contentedly in the sunlight, with nary a care in the world? Blizzard could see, so clearly, the way Seraphine's porcelain features had screwed up with delight, eyes twinkling so much that Blizzard had teasingly remarked that they would have been mistaken for stars. Seraphine herself had merely pouted in mock anger, and then continued to explore her parents' glimmering pelts in the bright sunlight.

Fondly, Blizzard recalled the smiles that had appeared on their carefree faces, as they remained isolated in their own little world. Foolishly, she had thought that no one else would be able to enter their land, as though it had been displaced from both time and space. A lost land, a forgotten land - until they deigned to show themselves, that was.

But now, here they were - all, or most, of the ghosts of her pasts gathering in their safe haven on the same day, no less! Perhaps, this was fate's way of laughing at her, as he gazed down from the heavens, omnipotent and omniscient. Mayhap he was simply feeling the restless stirring that accompanied much boredom, and had chosen her to relieve that.

Or maybe, it was just coincidence. Still, it seemed too coordinated to be so. Fate or chance? Blizzard would never know. And perhaps, she did not much want to.

Even so, it seemed to the pale fae, that it was far, far too easy now to lose track between fantasy and reality. It was as though the cleansing of her mortal blood had left her much removed from the world, so that even time itself seemed immaterial now. Useless and unimportant, flowing through all of eternity at varying speeds and paces. Each grain of sand that dropped from the top of the hourglass just another minute detail that she need not concern herself with.

Blizzard sighed softly, her wispy mane drifting like a silken cloud in front of her face. Beside her, the solidness and sheer presence of Ganymede kept her comforted. Whatever happened during their journey to eternity, Blizzard knew that Ganymede, at least, would always be by her side. That was non-negotiable, at least. The bond that had formed between them, to her untested eyes and mind, seemed strong and nigh unbreakable. Stronger, thicker, more sturdy than any other material that currently existed upon this world.

Blizzard placed all her trust, all her hope, all her love on it - and prayed that it would never break. How lonely eternity would be, without him by her side! If ever he.. he... died, Blizzard knew, deep in her heart, that it would not be long after that she followed.

So, when the pale mare gazed at the spotted stallion, awe and admiration in her eyes, mingled with absolute love, and absolute trust, she understood the pride that she saw in his eyes when he gazed at her, as well as the hidden sorrow, that he had 'damned' her to this undead life and for her turmoil. Blizzard smiled, a wide, blinding smile, back at Ganymede.

It mattered not that her words of love and affection lay forgotten, buried deep within her heart and mind. No, the love they shared could not be encompassed by words alone. It was shown by every breath they took, and action they made, and the lights that shone forth from within their eyes. And that was enough - more than enough for her.

So, when Ganymede apologised for not telling her about her daughter earlier, Blizzard instantly forgave him. He would never, ever have deliberately kept the knowledge from her, she knew. Casting a soft smile of forgiveness in his direction, the gleaming silver fae nickered softly, before turning the attention back to her first-born.

The words that Quicksilver had spat out in a whirlwind of hurt and betrayal cut her to the very core. She flinched, flattening her ears in discomfort and pain, as the glimmering fae shook her head sadly.

"I-I'm sorry, Quicksilver. I may be a Vampire," she swallowed her, hating the anger in her child's eyes. "But.. it isn't too late for me to make amends! Please," she whispered. "Give me another chance."

"Thank you!" she cried, overjoyed, as she tossed her head in excitement. With renewed vigour, she nuzzled the other fae, grinning as she summoned Seraphine to her. She spoke nothing of Ganymede's reference to her First Hunt. She was undoubtedly nervous, and excited, and some primal part of her sent blood racing through her veins, sending adrenaline flooding through her body.

She shook her head, casting a wry glance at Ganymede, who had undoubtedly picked up on her conflicting emotions.

"Seraphine," she introduced, nuzzling the young filly lovingly. "This is your half-sister, Quicksilver. Quicksilver, this is Seraphine. Play nice," she warned, casting a stern glance at the impish looking Seraphine, who immediately snapped her mouth shut, looking slightly abashed. Blizzard shook her head in amusement. Really, who did Seraphine think she was fooling?

Blizzard watched fondly, as Seraphine gracefully introduced herself.

"Hi! I'm Seraphine! You look really pretty," she blurted, eyes wide with admiration.

Blizzard turned her head to mask her snicker, moving silently back to her love's side.

"Seraphine is so much like you, love," she teased gently, tugging on his mane affectionately. "Without any tact at all!"
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: What Is Mine! [Saphira and Phantom]   Fri Mar 01 2013, 20:32

Dazed had he been in the real-life fantasy that he was now living in that he had fatally forgotten to assess the important factors that he now held the responsibility of shedding of light on to his dear love.

How amazing it was how the tides of their lives could change so suddenly, as if the moon had been displaced in the sky for a moment and made the waters flow in opposite directions. How the world could carry on outside of them was astounding to him; they had become so secluded in their patch of heaven that he had nearly forgotten about waters that laid far away from them. Nearly, he had forgotten about the bubbling thoughts of their allies and foes - those that wished to meet them and see the spectacular beauty of the terrain they held so dear; others were genuinely interested in their well-being; and others...well they just wanted to cause problems. Vampires had such excellent ways of dealing with those...

Fate had decided to cause agony to his dearest - all at once too! There was once a time when he feared the fate of time, but after so many victories against it in the long run, how could he possibly respect the 'fate' that mortals so easily referred to? Their fate were simply grains of sand in a vast desert, while his lasted forever and a day. Whether he spent it in harmony or in dismay, spitting snarky comments to whoever passed his way?

At times, he would think back to a time when words were all his defense and the use of words and his fangs to threaten others were all just a ploy for the hurt. When he had stolen Blizzard, it wasn't because he was being a complete ass; it was because he felt a connection to her regardless of her previous relationships.

Regret filled him, only towards her perspective - he could care less whether he had 'hurt the feelings' of the ebony stag. Really, it didn't matter whether the idiot killed himself through starvation or not. Period. If he was being honest, he would say that the only thing he cared about was Blizzard...and of course his tiny child with a mind much like his own. Sometimes, he thought that they were far too much alike; her heart would not be broken though. If anyone hurt his daughter, they would be dead. And not the living dead either. Dead in the ground.

He couldn't even begin to think of a day and time when it would ever be alright for his love to not be around. If anything happened to her, he would simply be devastated; or if she became overcome with sadness. That meant he had to protect everything the belonged to her - including this fae that she seemed to care so dearly about.

A faint smile approached his lips as she gave him a forgiving glance as he apologized. Perhaps, that was one of the first times he had ever said an apology to anyone; certainly, she deserved all the apologies he could muster up from the bottom of his heart. Never would he falsely apologize to her; he would never lie to her again or hurt her. There was a time when he was more violent and forceful. Now, he was only a shell of the sarcastic, moody stag that he once was. On the inside, he was still there, awaiting a moment to shine through at an enemy or stranger.

Quicksilver didn't know how to feel about this situation still, as she never would have dreamed that the love between her mother and father would have ever ended. It was so absurd that they were now departed and that they were now walking separate paths. Once upon a time, the beautiful fae was a little child, afraid of the dark and thunder in the desert. So warm it was, and all the emotions of the time sparked under her ivory pelt. Much was she like her mother, entirely emotional towards things that should be small and far too sentimental for her own good.

It was all too much! How could she even forget the tones of a mother, leaning over her and telling her not to fear the creatures that the trees made out of storms. That same rain that she feared fell upon rivers and streams and made the world around her beautiful and perfect for her tiny daggers to tread upon. There was not any fear when mother and father came around her and nuzzled her tiny cheek and a smile of true love between the two of them. It couldn't have ended ever - but it had. And now this strange stag was now her mate, and a dear child was born from them, just as she had been born from her mother and father. This would take some time to get used to, most definitely.

"Seraphine," she said softly, reaching her nose out to touch that of the small filly's in a playful manner. "You look very beautiful as well. We don't look that different," she said with a chuckle, taking pride in the looks that she had inherited from her pallid mother. They were two of the same, but she had that of a different father within her. So, she supposed that they were quite different from one-another. Quicksilver was quiet and said few words, but her sister seemed more brazen in her actions.

Ganymede looked back to his love and chuckled, nuzzling her easily. "Of course. But I think we both know where she got her stubbornness from," he murmured, looking down to his small filly with a grin.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Saphira

PostSubject: Re: What Is Mine! [Saphira and Phantom]   Tue Mar 05 2013, 04:44

There were times when the pale fae wished for a re-run of time, from the sands of time to flow backward, defying all the laws of gravity. How nice it would be, if every mistake, every wrong, could be righted, simply by turning back the clock? If they all had the power to re-do things that needed to be redone. How beautiful, how amazing the world would be today!

Alas, it was not so. If dreams and wishes were apples, Blizzard thought a little wistfully, forgetting, for a moment, that she could no longer partake in the delicacies of the mortals. It was a beautiful, simple, wonderful wish, that countless others before her - as well as after - have or would make, as they wished upon a shining star.

The pallid fae swished a tail gently, the glinting, silvery strands tumbling down her legs like a cascading waterfall. Indeed, the gentle vampire standing in the sun was nothing less than perfection. Every nuance of her, every hair on her body, seemed to be almost strategically placed, as though a Master Craftsman had taken great pains to ensure that she would be the finest of his works, his masterpiece and most beautiful creation.

It was, however, as though the pale lady knew nothing about her elegance and simple beauty. She stood not on ceremony, bending her neck and opening her heart to all who came. She possessed such a simple, sweet, pure love, that any who came across her would be stunned and awed into speechlessness.

She was like the rainbow, after a thundering shadow. She was like the first snowflake, upon the green grass. She was like the silvery moonlight, spilling across the sky. She was like a thousand other things rolled into one, rolled into this fae that stood upon the land, next to her dearest of loves. And she knew it not.

Blizzard had only eyes for Ganymede, and everything else paled in comparison. Sometimes.. sometimes, she felt, a little guiltily, that her love for the spotted stallion was so great, that it was like the sun and moon and air and grass to her. That sometimes, even the love she felt for Seraphine - her own flesh and blood! - paled in comparison to her love for him. It was so overwhelming, so all-encompassing, that Blizzard had to gasp for breath.

Sometimes, she wondered how she had ever lived without it. Lived without him, a solid presence at her side, and a warm space in her heart.

But he was here, and perhaps, that was all that mattered. It did one no good to dwell too long within dreams and 'what-ifs'. It would only make one long for what could never be, or what could had been, until the individual would forget how to live in the real world. To live in the present. And one would then... simply fade away.

Even so, Blizzard worried, sometimes, that it did her daughter no good to remain so isolated from the world. This land, Eleazar, was their sanctuary, their haven, their home. None of them had any wish to leave it - least of all her. However, it would not do her daughter any good to lack the necessary social skills that every single equine or intelligent creature needed.

And it was as though her wish had come true! Fate had brought Quicklsilver here to her, her other daughter, flesh of her flesh and blood of her blood. Already, she could see the bond between her daughters forming between her very eyes, still tenuous and fragile, but growing stronger and stronger. Seraphine's porcelain face had a look of utter worship upon her delicate features, as she gazed at her big sister. Already, she seemed to liven up and stand taller, as though trying to emulate her actions and words.

Blizzard smiled warmly, breathing catching in her chest and hitching in her throat, as she watched her children interact. There was a strange pressure growing at the back of her eyes, in the lump in her throat - she rather thought that, if she could, she would have cried tears of utter joy and love. But she could not. As another option, Blizzard released a shaky breath, smiling brilliantly as she sank into Ganymede's side, leaning slightly against him and tucking herself under his chin.

She was so happy. Her little family was here, together.

Blizzard grinned, as a thought occurred to her. Twisting around, she smiled slyly at the spotted stallion, reaching up to nuzzle his cheek affectionately.

"Looks like you're a little outnumbered, love," she whispered, crimson eyes shining with mirth. "You seem to be the only stallion here. Better be careful, or when you go out and others see you, they'll mistake you for one of us!"

The pale fae laughed a little, shaking her head in amusement. Really, the fact seemed rather funny to her, for some reason she could not fathom. And a nagging rose in her heart. When it was time, perhaps, she would have liked to give her love a son and heir to... Well, not exactly to carry on the bloodline, was it, since Ganymede could not die.

But it would be nice. And Ganymede himself, she was sure, would rather like having a son around, to teach him, and to be his idol in a way that he never really could be for Seraphine.

Her daughter's high, childish voice brought her back to the present. Seraphine squealed happily, dancing away from Quicksilver, once their muzzles had touched.

"I know," Seraphine told Quicksilver, with all the seriousness that one her age could muster. "Mama and Papa say that a lot. They call me beautiful and charming and.. and..." she wrinkled her forehead, momentarily stumped.

"Vivacious and adventurous?" Blizzard proposed a little dryly, casting an amused smile in Quicksilver's direction.

"Yes!" Seraphine announced. "That too. And that means that you're... vivacitious too!" she grinned, proud of her logic, as she accidentally mis= pronounceable the word. The little dear looked so proud of herself, that Blizzard hadn't the heart to tell her so.

"Yes," Blizzard answered Ganymede, rolling her eyes playfully. "From you as well, dearest."

She watched as Seraphine darted forward, her little fangs flashing in the sunlight as she nipped Quicksilver's hocks.

"Tag! You're it!" she cried, only to have her young voice drowned out by Blizzard's furious tone.

"Seraphine! Haven't I told you to keep your fangs to yourself?" she scolded, her crimson eyes wide with concern, as she appeared at her elder daughter's side in a flurry of motion.

Was there blood? Had Seraphine drawn blood? How deep had those little teeth dug?

Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: What Is Mine! [Saphira and Phantom]   Wed Mar 06 2013, 17:56

Silence of the mind and ease of the soul. It was something he could get used to, without the annoyances that everyday life provided him so kindly. A perfect resort to simply meditate upon thought as those shameless souls of the mortal world slaved away at obtaining such material possessions. Perhaps, he did think himself better than them - then again, there was not a single stag that was better than he, Ganymede, in his mind. Almost a laugh erupted from his maw as he thought of his superiority. He did not ask for it. No, of course not. But it was granted to those deserving - for was it not brute strength that dominated their entirety already? So should it not be brute strength that be a lord?

Ganymede, lord of all - what a nice, nice ring it had to it. So befitting to someone of his stature and royalty...self-appointed royalty. There was, once upon a time, another vampire that lived here, but the spotted stag had found not a trace of her remains. Poor thing. That was what happened when a fae was put in charge, unless it was his Blizzard, of course - then, it was perfectly acceptable, for she was the most perfect creature that existed upon the earth, seas, or even the entire universe!

Now did immortality mean that he was personally damned to Satan? With a shrug, he decided that he didn't care. There was no life for the gods to take, so they would indefinitely live in a god-like state until they were destroyed. Then...maybe their correlations with the devil himself would play a role...but until then, it was all hunky-dorey.

Speaking of goddesses, she looked like one with the way that her pallid, thin form stood against the natural valley mist that settled upon the plain. All of them there were at peace with each other and themselves, and they all felt a deep understanding for each other. Even the spotted stag could see the resemblance between mother and daughter, child and child and the intimate connections they made just by meeting eyes. To him, it was...spectacular, even mysterious to him. As a child, he had never made those connections; or at least, he didn't remember it. Something unsettling came into his crimson orbs as he watched his child play with the fae; a feeling of worry as a chill came upon him. No, that can't be he thought, wiping the idea from his mind as soon as it arrived.

Ah! There had been something he was forgetting to tell them. "Incinda, come from the reeds," he said quietly, awaiting a rather beautiful milky buckskin hued fae with ivory painted across her pelt like the clouds were against the sky. Her eyes were the hue of the night sky, a glossy black that reflected shades of brown and gold within. Long, draping tassels hung behind her, and they were hued ivory and ebony both as they waved gracefully down to her side. Heavily pregnant she was with his child, but it was by her own will to carry the seed of her master and sow it in her own life.

"Dear Blizzard, Seraphine, Quicksilver," he said easily, hoping that they would approve of his selection. "I have selected a mistress for all of you to take care of and protect you. Her child will be the protector of Quicksilver, and her second child will be the protector of Seraphine. She is to guard you with her life in case I am absent. You may always call upon her in a time of need, for she can transport herself to any location in the blink of an eye. Quite a special trait. Also, her blood is very distasteful to vampires, so I do not suggest drinking it. The reason I chose her is because she does not smell compelling to any vampire and will not arouse your hunger. Neither from you, Quicksilver, or you Seraphine," he smiled, with a nod to them all, hoping that they would like the gift he gave to them - his only family. Incinda gracefully bowed, standing before them as if she wanted them to ask her any questions they may have. Certainly, they would be impressed with his choice. A obedient servant. A slave that never wanted to leave. A child bearer.

Could changing the environment of a soul change its entity? Sometimes, he found it hard to believe that he had truly been changed, for his personality had remained the same towards those out of his circle. Cynical. Sarcastic. Narcissistic.

Lightened was his heart by the chiming of his child and his mate; the only mate that he would ever know for all of eternity. Of course, there was little Dream Finder in his herd, but surely, she came no closer to his heart than the sun and moon did. Only for companionship of the children and of himself did he keep her around, as for the maid. She was meant to fix messes made and to deal with the more diplomatic side of things. Making alliances. Whatever else being a king meant other than sitting upon a throne...

At times he would ponder in the utter silence of his dank caves the usefulness of keeping themselves so isolated and away from everyone. After so many years of being integrated into society, it felt natural to bask in the silence that surrounded them. So many times, he envied that their child had known no other life, no other existence than what they had here before her.

"You think?" asked the stag, raising his skull slightly as if to rise to the challenge with a chuckle. "...I always did sort of sense a feminine side in myself," mentioned the vampire stallion, orbs flashing a laughably dangerous look as he looked to the three of them.

He words aroused a light-hearted chuckle from the pallid fae called Quicksilver - what a character this mate of hers was. Still, a heavy sadness filled her heart when she thought of her dear old father alone through life.

Quicksilver had always lacked the fire that this young one had - she had been more pristine and in touch with her role as the heir. Not that she had been bratty...just in touch with looking beautiful and silver like her mother had always stood. Perhaps, it was her mother that had changed, for now her little sister modeled a different mother than she had. One had been the most beautiful refined fae that ever walked the desert - the renewed mother was one of adventure and of carelessness. Quicksilver had never learned to be careless in life...only cautioned.

Easily did she laugh as the young filly played with her, a slight grin coming upon her features as the filly grinned to her.

Suddenly, she felt a sharp pain in her hocks and shied away instinctively. "Ow!" she said quickly, looking at the crimson blood drawing from her hock in a long stream. Something felt wrong. Something. Something.... she thought as she slowly collapsed to the ground. "Don't......want....to....be.....vampire...." she whispered as she clenched her ivories in pain, thrashing against the ground. Soon, all her veins would be petrified as the vampire bite took effect within her. Soon, she would walk as the immortals did.

"Seraphine! What have you done? Your sister will now be a vampire against her will. This is not how you treat your family.." Ganymede warned, flashing his fangs to her with dripping venom as he stood before her, towering over you. "You have made a mistake I know you will regret for the rest of your life. You have killed your sister," he said, angry at his child in an instant...even though he knew that it was not entirely her fault. She was a hunter. And all others were the hunted. That was the main reason that he wanted to keep others away. "Incinda. Get Seraphine out of my sight. I must speak with Blizzard," he said, knowing that his servant would follow his commands.

Incinda, who was standing beside Ganymede and Blizzard, moved beside the filly. "Come, Seraphine, we will play together. I shall help to train you better to defend yourself," she said softly, knowing that she was one of the only horses truly immune to the bite of a vampire.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What Is Mine! [Saphira and Phantom]   

Back to top Go down

What Is Mine! [Saphira and Phantom]
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1