New lands appear. New alliances are made. Darkness once more threatens the world.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

A King Returns (Phantom and others?)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Kanchana
Admin

Cash On Hand : 1636

PostSubject: A King Returns (Phantom and others?)   Thu Nov 10 2011, 22:49

Glossy as the purest of ebony, faded into the shallow view of a ghost, the form of the once great King appeared from the ocean he once called home. The slightly dished face showed his true heritage, but it was his odd green eyes that drew attention. All had known him at once stage, but not all saw him now.

The valley below, his valley and his own father before him, was kept under his watchful eye. He knew there was a great darkness was coming across his lands, but he knew he could no longer folllow that protecting duty. It was up to his son and heir, whom he had never met, to lead them all to safety.

This was his test to show himself at the rightful leader, and now it was Ashton's turn to appear to his only son alive.

"Alston," he whispered into the window, glossy mane tossing in the wind over his shoulder as he peered down the rocky coast and eyed the hushed valley's.

"My son, come to me..."

Last edited by Kanchana on Sun Nov 20 2011, 01:37; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://shadowsofthedeep.forumotion.com
.:Phantom:.

Cash On Hand : 1479

PostSubject: Re: A King Returns (Phantom and others?)   Sat Nov 19 2011, 21:17

Crystalline orbs flicked open, a shiver tracing every last one of his vertebrae. Every fiber of his being quivered slightly, quaked with a sense of knowledge that was beyond himself. At times, visions would reach the tips of his mind from distant lands, but this was different it was a...

pulling...a tugging
sensation, touching his soul like nothing had before. A missing piece of the puzzle seemed to slip right into place as his mind pondered the reasons - the whys and hows of what was happening. For some reason, he felt drawn to the eastern shore where his mother had once cried, salty tears running down her delicate features when he was young. Alston hadn't understood why, standing upon the rocky ledge as the sunset dawned upon them in its golden and red glory.

This sensation overwhelmed him and brought the young king to his feet, dizziness overtaking him for a moment before he peered outside the cave in which he rested. Slowly, he stepped from the cave into the dawning, cascading light. It glinted against his earthy hued pelt as it would against a sparkling diamond set directly into the sun. Ivory traced the sides of his frame and his pillars, draping over him like a cloud of ivory glamour.

So long...or so it felt.

Quickly, quickly, why were his pillars moving so quickly, so anxiously to the eastern shore? There was nothing there that was significant, only the beauty of the crashing tides against the rocky shore. Courageous was the stag, crystal blue orbs shining with an intense curiosity for adventure and the ferocity of a lion. Rippling muscles carried him to the scene that astonished him and stuck within his mind for the rest of his existence.

An ebony figure appeared over the ocean, majestic and full of glory, just as he must have been in battle. There was no question in Alston's mind as to who it was. "I know you," he whispered, the words slipping from his lips softly, gently.

Alston stood still for a moment, inhaling the sweet salty gales that slid from the coastline. Could it be true? This couldn't possibly be the king returning to see him...his son? In an instant, Alston was overwhelmed with respect and honor, falling to his knees in adoration. "It an honor to be graced by your presence, sire," said he, curious blue orbs filled with wonder as he rose. Keeping an open mind, the king wondered what his father had in store for him. Perhaps, it was a glimpse into the future or something that was essential to his success.

Even if he didn't have anything to offer, it was marvelous to see the almighty Ashton in the flesh.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kanchana
Admin

PostSubject: Re: A King Returns (Phantom and others?)   Sun Nov 20 2011, 01:37

Deepest ivy orbs remained half closed, nose tilted into the sun's rays as he welcomed it upon his ghostly body. The warmth was a nice feeling, even the cool morning breeze from over the sea felt refreshing, it tasted of home and memories.

His neck stretched long, crown held high, he stood proud in the place he had stood before, watching and guarding over these very lands. But now, now it was his son's time.

The mighty King felt the tugging connection loosen as the one being summonded drew closer, and the eyes snapped open at the sight of his son. It was the first time he had laid eyes upon his very heir, the lands new ruler.

"As I know you," he whispered, nose stretching out in greeting and nudged the young stag to his hooves once more "no need to bow to me, my son, you are of the same title and strength as our whole line."

He lasped into silence, just studying the lumbering frame before him and nodded once before sighing sadly.

"I am afraid I do not have much time," he murmuered "and nor can I see you're beloved mother...but you must tell her that I love her and not to be afraid to move on."

His eyes sparkled at the mention of his true love, despite their time being short.

"And so far, you have done well...but we must talk of this darkness approaching these lands. Please, tell me all that you know and I shall explain what I can to help," he said.

OOC: Does Alston have a bio? I couldn't find one....nice post btw XD Sorry for the dodge reply.
Back to top Go down
.:Phantom:.

Cash On Hand : 1479

PostSubject: Re: A King Returns (Phantom and others?)   Wed Jan 11 2012, 15:13

Mother had been right, they did share the same life filled orbs, that same authoritative tone, that same patience and understanding. It tore his heart to shreds to see his father for the first time since colt-hood, the first time since the war...the one that had torn their family apart.

It was late, and the darkness had already begun to descend upon the lands like a clouded shadow that they had laid over many other's minds. Attackers had come from far and wide, trying to take his land from them. Who could stop them but him? And what a disgrace he would be to his family, to his heritage if he let them win....how horrid his father would think of him.

"I feel as if I have the weight of the world on my shoulders..father. How can I keep the evils that chase after me, after my title at bay?" he whispered, looking down to the ocean where the waves crashed upon the shore. "I have made mistakes already..so how can I possibly be as good of king as you someday?" he asked, blue orbs pleading. Young Alston needed to know. How had his father kept the whole world in check, how?

The thought of his mother's sadness left a pang in his heart. "You know, she thinks of you every day. I see her standing upon the shore in a lonesome manner every sunset," he shook his skull. Everyone had been affected by his father's death, even him, and he had only seen his father once or twice. They hardly knew each other, yet they were closest of all.

"I know of Frenzy and of his plans for world domination. He is the most dangerous threat, yet he had been hiding away for some months now and I don't know what he is planning. I know it will be significant though, and I am afraid. There are also travelers that are trying to take the land from me. The battle has been raging for a day now. And there's a stag that wants to speak with me...about you. I know not his name. Mother...she. Oh, I have terrible news. She has been forced by Frenzy and will carry his heir, the heir he says will be to the throne...," he answered, trying to recall all the information directly as he knew it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kanchana
Admin

PostSubject: Re: A King Returns (Phantom and others?)   Fri Feb 10 2012, 21:01

Ebony tresses tossed in the wind of the cost, at least in the wind that he wished he could feel, but it made him appear very much lifelike and once more the proud, mighty leader he had once been.

A sigh escaped him, the deep ivy of his orbs locked with his sons, taking in the bright signs of life they withheld and internally wished him the best. Life was a hard one, and the rulers of all these lands seemed to have a harsh fate above him. How he wished so dearly to tuck him under his care, fight this battle for him and never put him in harms way.

But looked at his son now, he knew he could never do that. This young brute had a bright future ahead, wisdom beyond his years and soon peace would settle the lands once more. He was a son to make any father proud.

With another sigh heaving from his chest, he turned the deep orbs to scan his darkening lands, the view he had watched before heading to rest.

"No my son," he whispered gently, turning to peer at him and cut off his worried rambles "no have made no mistakes, only learning experiences."

He chuckled a throaty laugh and the mane shook out once more as he span to face him, knowing that their time was running short.
"You have made no mistakes..and I by far was not a great king, but alas, we can only do with what we have been given," he sighed quietly "we cannot create objects, nor people, to stick by us. Our line has always been filled with the harsh life, but we must thrive for our people. For if we give up, if we second guess...all is lost."

He shifted his heavy mass, eyes darting away as if to hopefully catch a glimspe of his love.
"If we second guess ourselves, so will the people. If they see our weaknesses, they jump upon the very chance to destroy you," he sighed "but, Alston, do not think that way. That is merely the thoughts of a old stallion. You are your own leader, but if you will allow me...a few tips may help you win this coming battle, for it will always be in the shadows."

He listened carefully to the story of Frenzy, having only met the crazed stag a few times but well enought to know the true extent of his power.
"Frenzy is a clear example of the thoughts I will share," he stated, ordering his thoughts but snapped back to the handsome stallion, eyes growing wide at the thought of his beloved carrying anothers foal, not for love like he wished, but from being forced.

He seemed to shudder for a slight moment, the lands growing dark at the sudden laspe of control and he muttered something to himself before snapping back, and the night staying at the before dropping sunlight.

"I did not know...help her for me Alston, if we finish this quickly I might have a few short moments to speak to her," he said before heading on to say what he must "Alston, darkness will always be in these lands. No matter what you do, no matter who you slay. It has taken me years to figure this out, many mistakes and deatht to teach me this truth, but as it is...no one is perfect. Everything has a dark side, a light side..but it is the person itself who make the choice. Frenzy is merely a confused soul, yes one that must be stopped, but a confused soul still."

He took a breath and offered a half smile, though a sadness lingered now in his orbs.
"You see, my son, this darkness will always linger. It is hard to explain in mere words, but maybe you will understand....put it this way, if Frenzy dies, which he will, another will only take his place. But you cannot merely kill his replacer. You must know him, understand him. Not befriend him at all, but do not make an enemy. Stay proud of your family, and true to your word..but do not cause war for the reason of war, create war to keep your people safe...."

He rambled off and shook his head and chuckled deeply once more.

"I'm not really explaing myself well am I?" he asked, hesitating before trying once more "There must always be darkness. It is better to have someone you know, if you know there strengths, weaknesses and so on you can judge when they are getting to strong, to...mad to stay. We are not god, we do not choose whom can live and whom can die, but we must always be ready. Our line is powerful, my son, we have not only strength of the body but of mind as well. And our ancestors will appear when their aid is needed most, but only you can know your true abilities..."

He sighed, scanning his old lands once more.

"Does this make any sense? I've never been good at explaining such confusing ways of the world."

"Soon a darker figure will be in the view," he muttered "so do not worry about Frenzy, for he is as mortal as anyone else..."

OOC: egh! Sorry for the rambling xD And not edited...so hopefully you can sorta tell what Ashton's trying to say xD
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A King Returns (Phantom and others?)   

Back to top Go down

A King Returns (Phantom and others?)
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1